Stoever Jones Design is seeking a professional, Intermediate Interior Designer or Intermediate Interior Technologist to join our dynamic close knit small team in our Calgary studio. We are looking for an individual with exceptional organizational and communication skills who is a critical thinker, detail oriented and efficient. Working on interior design projects, the candidate must possess strong communication skills, a positive attitude and a willingness to learn and grow.
At Stoever Jones Design we specialize in Retail, Food Service and Dental Office Design creating unique and exciting projects and opportunities. We are a small and fast growing team with very experienced partners with almost 40 years combined industry history. We have created this position with the opportunity for growth and expect that the new team member would increasingly take on more responsibility as our studio continues to grow.
- a degree, applied degree or diploma in Interior Design or Interior Design Technology from a recognized college/ university.
- Minimum 3-5 years post secondary professional working experience
Roles & Responsibility:
- Assist with coordination of consultants
- Preparation of presentations and material boards
- Specify materials, furniture, fixtures and equipment as required
- Space planning and design development
- Millwork detailing
- Building code analysis and application
- Plan and prepare site reviews and as built drawings for base building conditions
- Plan & prepare all required construction documentation, including specifications & schedules
- Shop drawing review and coordination
- Assist with contract administration and project close out
- Under direct supervision of one or both partners, be able to take the lead role on small projects
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven ability using industry software such as MS Office and the latest version of AutoCad
- We consider knowledge of Adobe CS an asset to the company
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Proven ability of Alberta Building Code and CSA standards. Knowledge of other provincial codes is considered an asset
- Strong written, verbal and communication skills
- Ability to provide 3D renderings and design sketches is considered an asset
- Construction and interior/ millwork detailing knowledge
- Strong written and oral English understanding and competence
Please submit your resume by email.
No phone calls please.