Stock Transportation

Stock Transportation Employee Reviews

Maintenance is always on the back burner
Technician (Former Employee) –  Gormley, ON16 March 2017
At Stock the techs are pushed to the limit. More buses than mechanics can handle. The company is based in USA and applies their logic and lawa in Canada.
They can't keep foremen, as the are told to fix the buses do admin, order parts, payroll,budget.
Would never get into management here, you work life span will be very short.
They need their middle and upper managers to get on the floor to do what they are expecting and stop bulling their employees
Pros
Monday- Friday dayshift
Cons
One tech to 50+ buses
Professional School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 January 2017
The management team is a hard working and dedicated group of diverse individuals who strive to train recruits to maintain the safe functioning of the school bus itself and the safe delivery of students.

I have learned that school bus drivers should be given the respect they deserve for their dedication to the safe delivery of their treasured passengers.

Co-workers are great and willing to answer any and all questions.

Driving a 72 seater is the most enjoyable aspect of the job next to getting to know the children and their parents.

The hardest part of the job is keeping your fingers warm when doing your pre-trip inspection in the winter.
Pros
Great job for retirees
Cons
Cold weather conditions
Straight Forward Job
Fuel Dept (Former Employee) –  London, ON30 December 2016
I was in the refuelling and cleaning Dept so pretty self explanatory. I did not interact much with management and in most cases was working alone...enjoyed the challenges
Pros
Outdoors work
Cons
Advancement restrictions
Good part time job for self-employed person
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 February 2017
Free training provided and it's free, good start up for people who wants to be a professional driver.Steady work environment but middle management staff is lack of problem solving skill. Not a difficult job but with huge responsibility on your shoulder.
Pros
Good for people who like to drive and like kids
Cons
part time only
Watch your back
MS (Former Employee) –  GTA12 March 2017
Your job description can change in a heartbeat and you will be walked out if you don't catch on right away.
Management says they will do their part but never do.
You are more a maintenance manager then shop foreperson. RMM has no clue but fires/ gets them to resign 4 MS in 7 weeks
Pros
Money is very good $90k
Cons
Training is non existent, boss is a back stabber
good place to work
School Bus Driver - Work for District 2 (Former Employee) –  Moncton Area, NB30 December 2016
always enjoyed my day at work the company was fair and always informative and giving the opportunities when arised would work again for this company.
Pros
appreciated as an employee
Cons
no job benefits or securities
Good for part timers
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON7 December 2016
Nice place to work at, better pay than competitors. Only downside is not enough hours to support a family. Good coworkers, supportive management.
excellent co-workers
School bus driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 December 2016
Enjoyed the kids, just not enough hours. No pay for the holiday's or the summer, so i need something more..but i do miss the kids! and i would rather NOT have to do those pre-trip inspection at 6 am in the freezing cold...winter. I currently work at the Canadian National Exhibition...but i am looking for more of an office setting now.
Pros
no Weekends
Cons
can't get another job in those 4 hours between pick-ups
School Bus Driver
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON11 December 2016
Stock Transportation is a good company...Your hours are flexible...and You need to know the GTA area as a school bus driver. The training is free...but you don't get paid for your training as a school bus driver..and they will pay for your driver license test.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Seniority
Always a happy place to be!
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON12 January 2017
My favourite summer job! I never missed a day working here. Everyone was so kind and helpful at Stock Transportation. I can't wait to work in an environment like this again.
Fleet Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, On24 January 2017
Overall not bad place to work
I was a fleet maintenance manager I left the job only because there was uncertainty over whether the shop would have been sold
Nobody cares
Driver (Current Employee) –  Gormley, ON10 September 2016
Run by idiots in Chicago, the corporate mentality slithered its way downhill to the division employees.
Nobody cares about the drivers. They love you the minute they suck you in do help them out then after that, they are back to not caring. All afraid of their corporate rulers south of the boarder.
Pros
When you stop working for them
Cons
Working for them
Friendly and energetic management team
Vehicle Operator (Current Employee) –  17 Upton Rd, Toronto, Ontario26 July 2016
Stock transportation has a friendly and energetic management team which creates a fun fun and relaxed work environment.
Pros
relaxing pace
Cons
part time work with low wages
It's OK if you only want part time work.
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, On.2 September 2015
School bus driving in general is great for retirees and stay-at-home moms with young children.

Stock transportation in my view is not very well managed. The relationship between management and drivers tends to be acrimonious which resulted in the drivers signing up with Unifor to represent them.

I personally left because I was concerned that the buses assigned to the yard I worked out of were not being properly maintained. I would send a bus into the garage for repair and the management would try to tell me that the bus was fixed when the mechanics themselves tell me they never touched it.
Pros
Great job if you like minimal supervision
Cons
Acrimonious management culture
Great leadership and place to work
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON11 July 2016
I have driven School Buses since 2012, I have enjoyed the interaction with all my students each year. All my co-workers are friendly. Over the last four school years I have learned how to deal with trouble some children and it pleases me that they will come to me if something is bothering them. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with the students and parents when on a school trip. I love driving the buses anytime.
Flexible
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 August 2016
Stock Transportation is a great Company to work for.
The only downfall is that they only offer part time hours.

Through Stock Ive learned how to safely operate a 24-72 passenger bus.

Ive learned CPR and First AID....
My co- workers are friendly and love to give a helping hand.
Pros
Weekends Off
Cons
Only Part Time
good enviroment
Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 August 2016
I have been draving school buses for a while, I enjoy the interaction with all my students every day, all my co-workers are friendly, since all this time I learn how to deal with some trouble.
Pros
is a good enviroment to work
Cons
only part time
Learning how to driver a Bus was Fun
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON16 June 2016
Up Early for work, doing a pre trip to make sure everyone is safe,
Driving morning route going home and then returning after school was out. Enjoyed the kids but sometimes got out of hand with some of them screaming Drove for preschool kids to grade eight students.
Enjoyed my job but needed more hours of work.
Pros
Everyday on the job driving
Cons
Kids screaming and the break in between morning to evening
Great people
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON10 August 2016
Stock closed it's doors, so its sad to say goodbye to all my students and fellow drivers
...............................................
Over all grate job
Pros
Get to bing my awesome son with me
Cons
not enough hours, and pay
Good place, management support, good if you're NOT in need of money!
School bus driver (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON4 August 2012
Great place to work if you're retired or NOT in need of money.If only they would have better rates of pay then MAYBE they wouldn't have to be constantly training 24/7. Management is very supportive and a 'happy' place to be.
THIS IS THE ONLY COMPANY THAT PAYS YOU FROM THE MOMENT YOU SET FOOT ON YOUR BUS, UNLIKE OTHER COMPANIES THAT PAY ONLY FOR YOUR DRIVING.!!!!
Pros
enjoyable, great atmosphere, excellent training
Cons
salary, no chance to have another job because of the hours.