Stock Transportation Employee Reviews

Nobody cares
Driver (Current Employee) –  Gormley, ON10 September 2016
Run by idiots in Chicago, the corporate mentality slithered its way downhill to the division employees.
Nobody cares about the drivers. They love you the minute they suck you in do help them out then after that, they are back to not caring. All afraid of their corporate rulers south of the boarder.
Pros
When you stop working for them
Cons
Working for them
Great leadership and place to work
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON11 July 2016
I have driven School Buses since 2012, I have enjoyed the interaction with all my students each year. All my co-workers are friendly. Over the last four school years I have learned how to deal with trouble some children and it pleases me that they will come to me if something is bothering them. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with the students and parents when on a school trip. I love driving the buses anytime.
Learning how to driver a Bus was Fun
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON16 June 2016
Up Early for work, doing a pre trip to make sure everyone is safe,
Driving morning route going home and then returning after school was out. Enjoyed the kids but sometimes got out of hand with some of them screaming Drove for preschool kids to grade eight students.
Enjoyed my job but needed more hours of work.
Pros
Everyday on the job driving
Cons
Kids screaming and the break in between morning to evening
Flexible
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 August 2016
Stock Transportation is a great Company to work for.
The only downfall is that they only offer part time hours.

Through Stock Ive learned how to safely operate a 24-72 passenger bus.

Ive learned CPR and First AID....
My co- workers are friendly and love to give a helping hand.
Pros
Weekends Off
Cons
Only Part Time
Friendly and energetic management team
Vehicle Operator (Current Employee) –  17 Upton Rd, Toronto, Ontario26 July 2016
Stock transportation has a friendly and energetic management team which creates a fun fun and relaxed work environment.
Pros
relaxing pace
Cons
part time work with low wages
Great people
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON10 August 2016
Stock closed it's doors, so its sad to say goodbye to all my students and fellow drivers
...............................................
Over all grate job
Pros
Get to bing my awesome son with me
Cons
not enough hours, and pay
Effective driver training
School bus driver (Former Employee) –  Gormley, ON3 April 2016
Stock Transportation is where I trained and received my B License. It is where I first learned about safely driving a 72 passenger school bus. Starting as a spare driver and getting my own route taught me to learn how to navigate the various routes in the Vaughan region.
great place to work
Bus Monitor (Former Employee) –  London, ON22 April 2016
like any similar job there is not much for training but experience plays a big role in how you handle any situation. people are great to work with, the hardest part is getting up in the morning!
Pros
get picked up and dropped off
Cons
out of business in london
None productive as it was only 20 hours a weekk
School Bus driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto Ontario27 January 2016
A typical days begins with inspecting my bus, then reporting inn via radio,and them moving on to the different stops to collect the kids. I had about 15 stops before heading to the school. I learnt how to deal with not so friendly parents and being able to manage disabled children. We had a very tight work comradery. What I enjoyed the most was being able to be there for the children, the hardest part was to drive in the winter storms with these little people and making it safe to their destinations.
Pros
Cons
sometimes
Rewarding part-time job with children and also transportation
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Gormley, ON29 March 2016
I just started this month, but I'm really loving it so far! The staff are all very wonderful and helpful so I am definitely learning a lot. I'm eager to gain more work experience as more time goes by.
Good part time job
Part-Time School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 June 2016
Good part time job. Worked close to home. Alco chance to earn extra money from charters during the day, weekends and in the summer.
ok company to work for
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON26 May 2016
Handle the school boards transportation of children. Full service and repair of school bus and other transportation vehicles.
Pros
money
Cons
closing
Excell part-time work employer
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON13 October 2015
I stumbled into driving for Stock Transportation quite by accident and have learned that I love driving a school bus. The daily interaction with the students I pick up and drive to school, and home, is very rewarding to me. Getting to know each student is a pleasure. However, the part-time hours and wage doesn't pay for full-time expenses. This job is perfect if you looking for work to help pass the hours away in the day.
This is the first time I have deviated from the office work environment and am looking to get back into it as soon as possible.
Pros
meeting new people, learning how to drive around the city
Cons
Not enough paid hours
Fun for both the children and myself.
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON26 September 2015
Each day was a new adventure for the special needs children I drove and myself. No two children were alike but I quickly learned that interacting with them during their journey to and from school was the highlight of their day. Drivers were more than happy to help out other drivers in any way possible. Office worked closely with us as the safety of our precious cargo was number one. I enjoyed seeing the smiles on the kids faces when they saw me. The hardest part was dropping them off at the end of the day and some of them not wanting to go.
Pros
yearly bbq, recognition for a job well done
Cons
traffic, inclement weather driving
It's OK if you only want part time work.
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, On.2 September 2015
School bus driving in general is great for retirees and stay-at-home moms with young children.

Stock transportation in my view is not very well managed. The relationship between management and drivers tends to be acrimonious which resulted in the drivers signing up with Unifor to represent them.

I personally left because I was concerned that the buses assigned to the yard I worked out of were not being properly maintained. I would send a bus into the garage for repair and the management would try to tell me that the bus was fixed when the mechanics themselves tell me they never touched it.
Pros
Great job if you like minimal supervision
Cons
Acrimonious management culture
Fun Place
Operator - Wheel Trans (E-licenses) (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON23 November 2015
Great Place to work, People always trying help you. Lots of support.
It would be awesome if you could work more than 4 hrs a day.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Only Part Time
Not so great
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Durham Region27 May 2015
Was driving as a spare driver. A 'fellow" driver following me in a closed subdivision away from main roads notified dispatch that I had forgotten to turn off my overhead lights after a drop off.
Dispatch admonished me over the radio and asked that I call in at the finish of my shift with the intention to further "tune me up".
Thought their methods showed little class and when I phoned at the end of the shift I simply resigned.
Pros
Summers off
Cons
Low pay for the responsibility involved and a full day tied up for partime work.
Great people to work with
Payroll Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 November 2015
I have loved being here but fell that it is time to move on. The company doesn't seem to value their loyal employees and don't pay them accordingly.
well run
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON10 November 2015
enjoyable company to work for. hours of work are convenient. no child care need as able to bring children with you on bus.
Pros
no child care, great hours
Cons
driving in winter
Productive, yet challenging place to work. Great teamwork.
Charter Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 January 2015
Productive. Great team work. Challenging, fun place to work. Busy environment, but staying positive carries the workload.
I've learned to build my confidence, as when a high pressure situation arises, I am in control. I've also learned to multi task and handle many different types of complaints. The hardest part of my job was learning our new system, which I've basically mastered and makes my every day job much easier. The most enjoyable part of the job is leaving at the end of the day knowing each and every customer, including the drivers, where delivered the best customer service possible.
Pros
No one overlooking my work, unless receiving complaint from customer
Cons
Would prefer better salary

2.9