Stock Transportation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Part Time
Professional Driver (Former Employee), VaughanJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Lots of free time
Cons: Work through peak traffic hours
-Great experience working with children
-Staff is very helpful and accomidating
-Have all school holidays and vacation days off
Not so great
School Bus Driver (Former Employee), Durham RegionMay 27, 2015
Pros: Summers off
Cons: Low pay for the responsibility involved and a full day tied up for partime work.
Was driving as a spare driver. A 'fellow" driver following me in a closed subdivision away from main roads notified dispatch that I had forgotten to turn off my overhead lights after a drop off.
Dispatch admonished me over the radio and asked that I call in at the finish of my shift with the intention to further "tune me up".
Thought their methods showed little class and when I phoned at the end of the shift I simply resigned.
Good
Bus Driver (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 25, 2015
good job to have while having to take your own kids on the bus ,
kind staff and students. weekends off and holidays. great job as a part timer
I love my job here!
Safety & Training Manager (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONMay 1, 2015
A great place to work! Get commended for being a great worker!
Can come and go when needed. Co-workers are fantastic. Hardest part of the job is going home at nights if there is unfinished work.
summary
Fleet Maintenance Manager (Current Employee), Toronto OntApril 27, 2015
Pros: Job Security
Cons: high turn over in General Manager position
Typical day begins with unplanned repairs, re service calls.tow ins
I must be ready for anything as far as no starts,to drivers misplacing keys..etc
Once that is addressed we can get down to servicing buses that are scheduled in for their PM compliance.
Great Part time driving job
SCHOOL BUS DRIVER (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 6, 2015
Good job with an established company. Many benefits including the potential to bring your children to work. Good training program. Poor Pay and no work in the summer.
School Bus Driver (Former Employee), SunderlandFebruary 19, 2015
I loved driving school bus. I just needed a full time job and they didn't have anything to offer at this time.
It was a challenge to learn how to drive the big buses, but the driving instructor was amazing and very patient.
?
Bus Driver Special Needs (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 28, 2015
good maintenance of vehicles, fun to work at, great community feel
Productive, yet challenging place to work. Great teamwork.
Charter Coordinator (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: no one overlooking my work, unless receiving complaint from customer
Cons: would prefer better salary
Productive. Great team work. Challenging, fun place to work. Busy environment, but staying positive carries the workload.
I've learned to build my confidence, as when a high pressure situation arises, I am in control. I've also learned to multi task and handle many different types of complaints. The hardest part of my job was learning our new system, which I've basically mastered and makes my every day job much easier. The most enjoyable part of the job is leaving at the end of the day knowing each and every customer, including the drivers, where delivered the best customer service possible.
I'm going to miss them all
Driver - Special Aid Children (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: amazing time working for these kids. make parents smile just makes my day.
Cons: winter driving requires driving with additional precaution.
I wake up before sunrise, get myself ready and warm up my diesel white bus. I perform my pre-trip inspection before checking in with dispatch. I will then proceed picking every child of my route and bring them to their school.

Many of these kids have either mentally handicapped or bear physical deformations which require a lift ramp.

The management have always treated me great, always counselled me whenever I was going through a difficult moment at work.

My hardest part of the job is winter driving with kids on the bus, depending on the route.

The most enjoyable part of the job was talking with these kids. Despite their challenges, they can still feel, smile and cry.
Great staff
Part-Time School Bus Driver (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 26, 2014
Great company and great staff. Busy and hectic days driving and getting children to and from school on time. Meeting the school board deadlines and requirements was challenging with the flow of traffic and road work. I learned how to work with a diverse company and people of all kinds. I loved working and being there for the children.
I have over 25 years experience in banking and I enjoyed of work with different customers
School Bus Driver (Current Employee), Richmond Hill,ONAugust 5, 2014
I am social,I like work as a member of team,I don't like working at night and weekends.
Fun Job... Nit picky management
Halifax and Area, NS School Bus Driver (Former Employee), Halifax Regional MunicipalityJuly 7, 2014
Pros: dispatchers are great to work with
Cons: mgt uses gps to spy on employees. negative reinforcement only.
I really enjoyed and loved the work I did.
Management in sneaky and like to many large organizations they are too big to appreciate the value of employees.
flexable
Bus Driver (Current Employee), Sunderland, ONMay 5, 2014
Pros: summer off and all holidays
Cons: not a lot of hours
easy going good people to work for ! a lot of work but salary not very good for the amount of things needed to be dealt with , best part of the job getting to know the kids and parents , co-workers are the best part as they relate to a lot of things you deal with .
children seeing their happy faces
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Alliston, ONApril 28, 2014
Driving the bus safely and on time, every day is different. The co-workers, are always there to help you and the children when a bus is not working. driving in the winter on ice or whiteouts. getting everyone home safely
Get People
School Bus Driver (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: had a warm company barbecue where we could meet drivers that we could only here through the radio
Cons: maybe salary
It was a great environment although we mostly communicated or hear each other through the radio, but people were very polite, management very understanding a wonderful place. I could stay longer because I had moved to a further away city and couldn't continue. I felt really welcomed all the time.
Typical day is in the morning I would safety check the bus completely out and in. Turned on the radio "Good Morning" to dispatch state my route number and clock myself in. Started my route and the end of the morning go home Clock out with dispatch, do my personal stuff and around 2:00pm clock in with dispatch and head out to my afternoon run, came back home clocked out and had the rest of the afternoon with my family.
I learned that patience play a big role on driving and communicating if it is with the kids or with dispatch. But again co-workers and the kids I had on board with me everyday they were AWSOME. Never had to complain. I don't remember any hard part right now mostly because I loved what I was doing I LOVED It. I had great communication with some parents when they were there to drop off or pick up there kids and that help me even more on how to speak with their child. Enjoyable part was everything seriously, I had my kids with me, also working with other kids and iterating with them was wonderful.
I learned so much and had much opportunity for advancement
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Greater Toronto Area, ONDecember 19, 2013
The school bus industry is very busy, but there is much opportunity for those who are eager to learn. The compensation is not always great but I had a great experience overall.
dealing with children every is rewarding in many ways
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 8, 2013
Pros: smiling faces most of the time.
Cons: low pay for long hours
I drove school bus for 12 yrs , while raising two children in Ontario . the pay wasn't great but allowed me to spend time with my own children while enjoying the personalities of many children and parents from all walks of life
School Route
School Bus Driver (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONOctober 16, 2013
Pros: tours
Cons: long hours
I learn how to check the school bus and also how to find the problem. The only problem is hours is not steady.
Staff was excellent to work with.
Bus Operator (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 3, 2013
Operate under specific detailed instructions; refer changes in schedule or problems to supervisor
Notify manager immediately of accidents and complete accident reports
Plan and follow route for deliveries using GPS and map book; Extensive use of two-way radio