Stock Transportation Employee Reviews in Canada

Great leadership and place to work
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ONJuly 11, 2016
I have driven School Buses since 2012, I have enjoyed the interaction with all my students each year. All my co-workers are friendly. Over the last four school years I have learned how to deal with trouble some children and it pleases me that they will come to me if something is bothering them. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with the students and parents when on a school trip. I love driving the buses anytime.
Learning how to driver a Bus was Fun
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONJune 16, 2016
Up Early for work, doing a pre trip to make sure everyone is safe,
Driving morning route going home and then returning after school was out. Enjoyed the kids but sometimes got out of hand with some of them screaming Drove for preschool kids to grade eight students.
Enjoyed my job but needed more hours of work.
Pros
Everyday on the job driving
Cons
Kids screaming and the break in between morning to evening
ok company to work for
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONMay 26, 2016
Handle the school boards transportation of children. Full service and repair of school bus and other transportation vehicles.
Pros
money
Cons
closing
great place to work
Bus Monitor (Former Employee) –  London, ONApril 22, 2016
like any similar job there is not much for training but experience plays a big role in how you handle any situation. people are great to work with, the hardest part is getting up in the morning!
Pros
get picked up and dropped off
Cons
out of business in london
Effective driver training
School bus driver (Former Employee) –  Gormley, ONApril 3, 2016
Stock Transportation is where I trained and received my B License. It is where I first learned about safely driving a 72 passenger school bus. Starting as a spare driver and getting my own route taught me to learn how to navigate the various routes in the Vaughan region.
Rewarding part-time job with children and also transportation
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Gormley, ONMarch 29, 2016
I just started this month, but I'm really loving it so far! The staff are all very wonderful and helpful so I am definitely learning a lot. I'm eager to gain more work experience as more time goes by.
None productive as it was only 20 hours a weekk
School Bus driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto OntarioJanuary 27, 2016
A typical days begins with inspecting my bus, then reporting inn via radio,and them moving on to the different stops to collect the kids. I had about 15 stops before heading to the school. I learnt how to deal with not so friendly parents and being able to manage disabled children. We had a very tight work comradery. What I enjoyed the most was being able to be there for the children, the hardest part was to drive in the winter storms with these little people and making it safe to their destinations.
Pros
Cons
sometimes
Fun Place
Operator - Wheel Trans (E-licenses) (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONNovember 23, 2015
Great Place to work, People always trying help you. Lots of support.
It would be awesome if you could work more than 4 hrs a day.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Only Part Time
Great people to work with
Payroll Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 11, 2015
I have loved being here but fell that it is time to move on. The company doesn't seem to value their loyal employees and don't pay them accordingly.
well run
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONNovember 10, 2015
enjoyable company to work for. hours of work are convenient. no child care need as able to bring children with you on bus.
Pros
no child care, great hours
Cons
driving in winter
Excell part-time work employer
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONOctober 13, 2015
I stumbled into driving for Stock Transportation quite by accident and have learned that I love driving a school bus. The daily interaction with the students I pick up and drive to school, and home, is very rewarding to me. Getting to know each student is a pleasure. However, the part-time hours and wage doesn't pay for full-time expenses. This job is perfect if you looking for work to help pass the hours away in the day.
This is the first time I have deviated from the office work environment and am looking to get back into it as soon as possible.
Pros
meeting new people, learning how to drive around the city
Cons
Not enough paid hours
Fun for both the children and myself.
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONSeptember 26, 2015
Each day was a new adventure for the special needs children I drove and myself. No two children were alike but I quickly learned that interacting with them during their journey to and from school was the highlight of their day. Drivers were more than happy to help out other drivers in any way possible. Office worked closely with us as the safety of our precious cargo was number one. I enjoyed seeing the smiles on the kids faces when they saw me. The hardest part was dropping them off at the end of the day and some of them not wanting to go.
Pros
yearly bbq, recognition for a job well done
Cons
traffic, inclement weather driving
Fun work environment.
School Bus Driver and Homemaker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 16, 2015
Stock Transport provided an environment that was rich with laughter and allowed many opportunities for growth and learning.
It's OK if you only want part time work.
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, On.September 2, 2015
School bus driving in general is great for retirees and stay-at-home moms with young children.

Stock transportation in my view is not very well managed. The relationship between management and drivers tends to be acrimonious which resulted in the drivers signing up with Unifor to represent them.

I personally left because I was concerned that the buses assigned to the yard I worked out of were not being properly maintained. I would send a bus into the garage for repair and the management would try to tell me that the bus was fixed when the mechanics themselves tell me they never touched it.
Pros
Great job if you like minimal supervision
Cons
Acrimonious management culture
Great Place to work if you have children
Driver (Former Employee) –  Gormley, ONAugust 5, 2015
Great place to work if you have kids you can take them with you don't have to worry about child care. Down fall the pay is not great.
Pros
Take kids with you
Cons
Low Pay
Part Time
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  VaughanJuly 30, 2015
-Great experience working with children
-Staff is very helpful and accomidating
-Have all school holidays and vacation days off
Pros
Lots of free time
Cons
Work through peak traffic hours
Not so great
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Durham RegionMay 27, 2015
Was driving as a spare driver. A 'fellow" driver following me in a closed subdivision away from main roads notified dispatch that I had forgotten to turn off my overhead lights after a drop off.
Dispatch admonished me over the radio and asked that I call in at the finish of my shift with the intention to further "tune me up".
Thought their methods showed little class and when I phoned at the end of the shift I simply resigned.
Pros
Summers off
Cons
Low pay for the responsibility involved and a full day tied up for partime work.
Good
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 25, 2015
good job to have while having to take your own kids on the bus ,
kind staff and students. weekends off and holidays. great job as a part timer
I love my job here!
Safety & Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONMay 1, 2015
A great place to work! Get commended for being a great worker!
Can come and go when needed. Co-workers are fantastic. Hardest part of the job is going home at nights if there is unfinished work.
summary
Fleet Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto OntApril 27, 2015
Typical day begins with unplanned repairs, re service calls.tow ins
I must be ready for anything as far as no starts,to drivers misplacing keys..etc
Once that is addressed we can get down to servicing buses that are scheduled in for their PM compliance.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
high turn over in General Manager position

Stock Transportation Reviews by Location