Stock Transportation

Stock Transportation Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
?
Bus Driver Special Needs (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 28, 2015
good maintenance of vehicles, fun to work at, great community feel
Productive, yet challenging place to work. Great teamwork.
Charter Coordinator (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: no one overlooking my work, unless receiving complaint from customer
Cons: would prefer better salary
Productive. Great team work. Challenging, fun place to work. Busy environment, but staying positive carries the workload.
I've learned to build my confidence, as when a high pressure situation arises, I am in control. I've also learned to multi task and handle many different types of complaints. The hardest part of my job was learning our new system, which I've basically mastered and makes my every day job much easier. The most enjoyable part of the job is leaving at the end of the day knowing each and every customer, including the drivers, where delivered the best customer service possible.
I'm going to miss them all
Driver - Special Aid Children (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: amazing time working for these kids. make parents smile just makes my day.
Cons: winter driving requires driving with additional precaution.
I wake up before sunrise, get myself ready and warm up my diesel white bus. I perform my pre-trip inspection before checking in with dispatch. I will then proceed picking every child of my route and bring them to their school.

Many of these kids have either mentally handicapped or bear physical deformations which require a lift ramp.

The management have always treated me great, always counselled me whenever I was going through a difficult moment at work.

My hardest part of the job is winter driving with kids on the bus, depending on the route.

The most enjoyable part of the job was talking with these kids. Despite their challenges, they can still feel, smile and cry.
Great staff
Part-Time School Bus Driver (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 26, 2014
Great company and great staff. Busy and hectic days driving and getting children to and from school on time. Meeting the school board deadlines and requirements was challenging with the flow of traffic and road work. I learned how to work with a diverse company and people of all kinds. I loved working and being there for the children.
I have over 25 years experience in banking and I enjoyed of work with different customers
School Bus Driver (Current Employee), Richmond Hill,ONAugust 5, 2014
I am social,I like work as a member of team,I don't like working at night and weekends.
Fun Job... Nit picky management
Halifax and Area, NS School Bus Driver (Former Employee), Halifax Regional MunicipalityJuly 7, 2014
Pros: dispatchers are great to work with
Cons: mgt uses gps to spy on employees. negative reinforcement only.
I really enjoyed and loved the work I did.
Management in sneaky and like to many large organizations they are too big to appreciate the value of employees.
flexable
Bus Driver (Current Employee), Sunderland, ONMay 5, 2014
Pros: summer off and all holidays
Cons: not a lot of hours
easy going good people to work for ! a lot of work but salary not very good for the amount of things needed to be dealt with , best part of the job getting to know the kids and parents , co-workers are the best part as they relate to a lot of things you deal with .
children seeing their happy faces
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Alliston, ONApril 28, 2014
Driving the bus safely and on time, every day is different. The co-workers, are always there to help you and the children when a bus is not working. driving in the winter on ice or whiteouts. getting everyone home safely
Get People
School Bus Driver (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: had a warm company barbecue where we could meet drivers that we could only here through the radio
Cons: maybe salary
It was a great environment although we mostly communicated or hear each other through the radio, but people were very polite, management very understanding a wonderful place. I could stay longer because I had moved to a further away city and couldn't continue. I felt really welcomed all the time.
Typical day is in the morning I would safety check the bus completely out and in. Turned on the radio "Good Morning" to dispatch state my route number and clock myself in. Started my route and the end of the morning go home Clock out with dispatch, do my personal stuff and around 2:00pm clock in with dispatch and head out to my afternoon run, came back home clocked out and had the rest of the afternoon with my family.
I learned that patience play a big role on driving and communicating if it is with the kids or with dispatch. But again co-workers and the kids I had on board with me everyday they were AWSOME. Never had to complain. I don't remember any hard part right now mostly because I loved what I was doing I LOVED It. I had great communication with some parents when they were there to drop off or pick up there kids and that help me even more on how to speak with their child. Enjoyable part was everything seriously, I had my kids with me, also working with other kids and iterating with them was wonderful.
I learned so much and had much opportunity for advancement
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Greater Toronto Area, ONDecember 19, 2013
The school bus industry is very busy, but there is much opportunity for those who are eager to learn. The compensation is not always great but I had a great experience overall.
dealing with children every is rewarding in many ways
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 8, 2013
Pros: smiling faces most of the time.
Cons: low pay for long hours
I drove school bus for 12 yrs , while raising two children in Ontario . the pay wasn't great but allowed me to spend time with my own children while enjoying the personalities of many children and parents from all walks of life
School Route
School Bus Driver (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONOctober 16, 2013
Pros: tours
Cons: long hours
I learn how to check the school bus and also how to find the problem. The only problem is hours is not steady.
Staff was excellent to work with.
Bus Operator (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 3, 2013
Operate under specific detailed instructions; refer changes in schedule or problems to supervisor
Notify manager immediately of accidents and complete accident reports
Plan and follow route for deliveries using GPS and map book; Extensive use of two-way radio
A relaxed, fun environment, enjoy different sites, children
School Bus Driver (Current Employee), Oakville, ONJuly 10, 2013
Pros: evenings, weekends and summers off
Cons: too early in the morning
Get up early in the morning. rain snow or shine. At home by 9:30am
take my kid to daycare. Cook, clean, nap. back on the road at 2:00pm home by 5:00pm pick up my kid from daycare and enjoy the rest of the evening with him.
learned alot about diesel engines. How to handle various emergency situations whild driving the bus.
Management is great very casual and approachable.
Great co-workers too .. always willing to help me out when I bring my kid on the bus.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with discipline issues on the bus. I can handle a bus breakdown, but some of those kids......
The most enjoyable part of the job would be driving countryside in the spring,summer, fall and having the ability to balance work/family life.
great place to work
School bus driver (Former Employee), London, ONJuly 1, 2013
i really enjoyed everything about working at Stock Transportation
i enjoyed the children we transported the families we dealt with
i enjoyed driving the bus and tying in wheel chairs
i enjoyed the staff i worked with also my co-workers were great too
the hardest part of the job would have been dealing with careless drivers on the roads daily
productive
Bus Driver (Former Employee), oakvilleJune 27, 2013
Learned to be patient with kids while driving the school bus and concentrate on the road to keep them safe until they get home.
enjoy the co workers and students
School Bus Driver (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONJune 24, 2013
Pros: off in the summer
Cons: driving in snow storms
everyday was different and enjoyable. if their was a situation on your route. you can always get a hold of dispatch and they will help direct you.to fix the problem.
Hard working and enjoyable
School Bus Driver- Class B/PM dispatcher (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 8, 2013
Pros: dealing with the public as well with the drivers
Shop assistant: entering in work orders that the mechanics have completed on buses
ordering parts for buses
handling any customer service calls as well as dealing with the drivers complaints and concerns on their buses

Dispatcher: making sure all drivers are safe and the children are at home safely
if they have accidents make sure we have a calm voice and do the necessary steps to make sure everyone is safe
reporting on what happened during the day

June 15, 2013

The shop assistant is a very abusive,a liar !! its actually a very bad place for a outsider to climb aboard and to work .This location is union ..Teamster local 938. If they want you removed because they just don"t like you at a personal level they will gang up on you with ignorance,the shop assistant should be REMOVED !! IT WILL CURE SOME OF THE ABUSIVE !!

A job at stock
School Bus Driver (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONApril 7, 2013
Cons: it was part time
I got up at 5am for this job. I did not have to go far to pick up my bus as this bus was parked at my home. I left my hime around 6am to go out and do the pre-trip inspection of the bus. Then after that was completed I was readyt to begin morning route. I started picking up the children at 7;10 in the morning. I learned alot of patience as I had alot of kindergartener students on this route. Management was also great,Co-workers were good people. There was nothing hard about this job except that it was part time. The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting the children and parents.
Great job for part time work, and mothers/fathers
School Bus Driver (Current Employee), scarboroughMarch 28, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: part time hours
excellent job for a mother, great atmosphere

You work 1 and half hours in morning and in evening.
Your own boss, as long as you follow rules.

Kids are great, mostly special needs kids.