Stock Transportation Employee Reviews

Great people to work with
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS27 September 2017
I enjoy driving a bus and interacting with the kids but it can take awhile to become full time. Management is sometimes slow to respond to questions or concerns.
Kind of hectic but overall ok experience
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON30 August 2017
I would recommend it for single moms who want to make some money while still having time for their children. I enjoyed driving my students to and from school, we had great interaction. I learned more about autism and had a chance to put smiles on their faces.
Pros
Good schedule for single moms or dads
Cons
I would say the traffic
A good job for a parent with young children who wants to earn a bit.
School bus driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto17 August 2017
I needed to become a more confident driver in Toronto as I was from New Brunswick and was not used to the huge traffic routes. I enjoyed working with Stock. I liked the bus drivers I came in contact with- usually drivers associated with other drivers for the same school. I do not recall meeting any management. But the company was, in my opinion, well run. The pay was extremely poor and the job involved split shifts. I needed more money and had to look elsewhere. The kids were great.
Pros
If a driver had children under school age, they could come with the driver- a person could earn money and not have to pay child care
Cons
Poor pay and split shifts-
Good hours
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Acheson, AB20 July 2017
Good company to drive a bus for. Stressful driving a school bus but company is a good company. Pay is standard for the job. Only work on school days, summer off, Christmas(2 weeks) off and one week for Spring Break off.
great workplace
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON17 July 2017
I Like my job I think it's great. The people I work with are wonderful. everyone works as a team and it's great. Communication is key in the office and everyone tries to help one another if and wen they can. The managers are great very understanding and keeps everything in order. Over all a good experience,
Great part time job/retirement job
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS26 June 2017
Stock provides any training you need.
They have friendly and helpful staff.
Start pay is $13.65, no benefits
You become a part of the union when you get a route from the route bid.
As a non union driver your route can change from day to day.
Great place to work if you don't need the money
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Sunderland, ON26 June 2017
The people are (mostly) great, no complaints there. As a stay-at home-mom, it gave me a bit of an income without being tied down full-time. The pay is barely above minimum wage. Given that drivers are responsible for maintaining and operating a vehicle while managing students, I think it should pay more, but this seems to be the way it is in the industry, with school board awarding contracts to the lowest bidder. A race to the bottom which is not entirely the fault of the company. The office staff in Sunderland were excellent and most of the other drivers are also great.
Pros
Bringing the kids on board
Cons
measly pay
Easy Job, very much no stress at all if you love kids
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON22 June 2017
Everything is super there, except salary. But I believe you cannot expect much there, when you only need to drive a few hours.

Friendly management.

Only the bus are really torn when you first start with low seniority.
Pros
You got the whole world of time to do whatever you want
Cons
Salary very low, if you are look for a life sustainable job, its not a choice.
Worse place to work
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON15 June 2017
If you would like to become a bus driver, it's a great part-time job. Choose another employer you won't regret it. Stock transportation is not at all fair to their drivers. Their pay is not great. You work far more than you are paid for. Their buses break down often. They aren't cleaned. They don't thank their drivers at all. If you have to go into the office, it's full of unreliable employees whose work ethics are questionable. I seriously recommend going to another bus company for employment.
Pros
There are none
Cons
You work far more than you are paid for
good place to work
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON15 June 2017
awesome job to work for. good hours and a great place to gain new skills. acquired class B licence. hours work great for my kids activities and i dont have to work weekends
great part time job
Assist drivers (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON1 May 2017
A typical day as a stock driver would start at approximately 7:30 am. Most busses Carrie 5 to 20 children, depending on the age. There are also wheel chair busses that you can be trained on as well. Working with the children of different learning abilities and cultures has given me so much more understanding how to interact with a wider variety of people. The hardest part of the job is at the end of the year when you have to say goodbye until next school year.
Pros
great work hrs
Cons
wheather
Best job
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 April 2017
The best job i have ever had. Day to day maintenance of all school purpose vehicles. Learned many skills that i have carried forward to many other job positions.
Maintenance is always on the back burner
Technician (Former Employee) –  Gormley, ON16 March 2017
At Stock the techs are pushed to the limit. More buses than mechanics can handle. The company is based in USA and applies their logic and lawa in Canada.
They can't keep foremen, as the are told to fix the buses do admin, order parts, payroll,budget.
Would never get into management here, you work life span will be very short.
They need their middle and upper managers to get on the floor to do what they are expecting and stop bulling their employees
Pros
Monday- Friday dayshift
Cons
One tech to 50+ buses
Watch your back
MS (Former Employee) –  GTA12 March 2017
Your job description can change in a heartbeat and you will be walked out if you don't catch on right away.
Management says they will do their part but never do.
You are more a maintenance manager then shop foreperson. RMM has no clue but fires/ gets them to resign 4 MS in 7 weeks
Pros
Money is very good $90k
Cons
Training is non existent, boss is a back stabber
The most enjoyable part of the work
Bus School Driver (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON27 February 2017
I enjoy every day sharing with the people I transport, the work environment in the office and the time I have left to share with my family after my work.
Pros
I have time to do other things in the time that I am free.
Cons
I want to work a full time
Good part time job for self-employed person
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 February 2017
Free training provided and it's free, good start up for people who wants to be a professional driver.Steady work environment but middle management staff is lack of problem solving skill. Not a difficult job but with huge responsibility on your shoulder.
Pros
Good for people who like to drive and like kids
Cons
part time only
Fleet Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, On24 January 2017
Overall not bad place to work
I was a fleet maintenance manager I left the job only because there was uncertainty over whether the shop would have been sold
Always a happy place to be!
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON12 January 2017
My favourite summer job! I never missed a day working here. Everyone was so kind and helpful at Stock Transportation. I can't wait to work in an environment like this again.
Professional School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 January 2017
The management team is a hard working and dedicated group of diverse individuals who strive to train recruits to maintain the safe functioning of the school bus itself and the safe delivery of students.

I have learned that school bus drivers should be given the respect they deserve for their dedication to the safe delivery of their treasured passengers.

Co-workers are great and willing to answer any and all questions.

Driving a 72 seater is the most enjoyable aspect of the job next to getting to know the children and their parents.

The hardest part of the job is keeping your fingers warm when doing your pre-trip inspection in the winter.
Pros
Great job for retirees
Cons
Cold weather conditions
Straight Forward Job
Fuel Dept (Former Employee) –  London, ON30 December 2016
I was in the refuelling and cleaning Dept so pretty self explanatory. I did not interact much with management and in most cases was working alone...enjoyed the challenges
Pros
Outdoors work
Cons
Advancement restrictions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stock Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9