Stock Transportation Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Effective driver training
School bus driver (Former Employee), Gormley, ONApril 3, 2016
Stock Transportation is where I trained and received my B License. It is where I first learned about safely driving a 72 passenger school bus. Starting as a spare driver and getting my own route taught me to learn how to navigate the various routes in the Vaughan region.
Rewarding part-time job with children and also transportation
School Bus Driver (Current Employee), Gormley, ONMarch 29, 2016
I just started this month, but I'm really loving it so far! The staff are all very wonderful and helpful so I am definitely learning a lot. I'm eager to gain more work experience as more time goes by.
None productive as it was only 20 hours a weekk
School Bus driver (Current Employee), Toronto OntarioJanuary 27, 2016
Pros: none
Cons: sometimes
A typical days begins with inspecting my bus, then reporting inn via radio,and them moving on to the different stops to collect the kids. I had about 15 stops before heading to the school. I learnt how to deal with not so friendly parents and being able to manage disabled children. We had a very tight work comradery. What I enjoyed the most was being able to be there for the children, the hardest part was to drive in the winter storms with these little people and making it safe to their destinations.
Fun Place
Operator - Wheel Trans (E-licenses) (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONNovember 23, 2015
Pros: Great people
Cons: Only Part Time
Great Place to work, People always trying help you. Lots of support.
It would be awesome if you could work more than 4 hrs a day.
Great people to work with
Payroll Administrator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 11, 2015
I have loved being here but fell that it is time to move on. The company doesn't seem to value their loyal employees and don't pay them accordingly.
well run
Bus Driver (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONNovember 10, 2015
Pros: no child care, great hours
Cons: driving in winter
enjoyable company to work for. hours of work are convenient. no child care need as able to bring children with you on bus.
Excell part-time work employer
School Bus Driver (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONOctober 13, 2015
Pros: meeting new people, learning how to drive around the city
Cons: Not enough paid hours
I stumbled into driving for Stock Transportation quite by accident and have learned that I love driving a school bus. The daily interaction with the students I pick up and drive to school, and home, is very rewarding to me. Getting to know each student is a pleasure. However, the part-time hours and wage doesn't pay for full-time expenses. This job is perfect if you looking for work to help pass the hours away in the day.
This is the first time I have deviated from the office work environment and am looking to get back into it as soon as possible.
Fun for both the children and myself.
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONSeptember 26, 2015
Pros: yearly bbq, recognition for a job well done
Cons: traffic, inclement weather driving
Each day was a new adventure for the special needs children I drove and myself. No two children were alike but I quickly learned that interacting with them during their journey to and from school was the highlight of their day. Drivers were more than happy to help out other drivers in any way possible. Office worked closely with us as the safety of our precious cargo was number one. I enjoyed seeing the smiles on the kids faces when they saw me. The hardest part was dropping them off at the end of the day and some of them not wanting to go.
Fun work environment.
School Bus Driver and Homemaker (Former Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 16, 2015
Stock Transport provided an environment that was rich with laughter and allowed many opportunities for growth and learning.
It's OK if you only want part time work.
School Bus Driver (Former Employee), Scarborough, On.September 2, 2015
Pros: Great job if you like minimal supervision
Cons: Acrimonious management culture
School bus driving in general is great for retirees and stay-at-home moms with young children.

Stock transportation in my view is not very well managed. The relationship between management and drivers tends to be acrimonious which resulted in the drivers signing up with Unifor to represent them.

I personally left because I was concerned that the buses assigned to the yard I worked out of were not being properly maintained. I would send a bus into the garage for repair and the management would try to tell me that the bus was fixed when the mechanics themselves tell me they never touched it.
Great Place to work if you have children
Driver (Former Employee), Gormley, ONAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Take kids with you
Cons: Low Pay
Great place to work if you have kids you can take them with you don't have to worry about child care. Down fall the pay is not great.
Part Time
Professional Driver (Former Employee), VaughanJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Lots of free time
Cons: Work through peak traffic hours
-Great experience working with children
-Staff is very helpful and accomidating
-Have all school holidays and vacation days off
Not so great
School Bus Driver (Former Employee), Durham RegionMay 27, 2015
Pros: Summers off
Cons: Low pay for the responsibility involved and a full day tied up for partime work.
Was driving as a spare driver. A 'fellow" driver following me in a closed subdivision away from main roads notified dispatch that I had forgotten to turn off my overhead lights after a drop off.
Dispatch admonished me over the radio and asked that I call in at the finish of my shift with the intention to further "tune me up".
Thought their methods showed little class and when I phoned at the end of the shift I simply resigned.
Good
Bus Driver (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 25, 2015
good job to have while having to take your own kids on the bus ,
kind staff and students. weekends off and holidays. great job as a part timer
I love my job here!
Safety & Training Manager (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONMay 1, 2015
A great place to work! Get commended for being a great worker!
Can come and go when needed. Co-workers are fantastic. Hardest part of the job is going home at nights if there is unfinished work.
summary
Fleet Maintenance Manager (Current Employee), Toronto OntApril 27, 2015
Pros: Job Security
Cons: high turn over in General Manager position
Typical day begins with unplanned repairs, re service calls.tow ins
I must be ready for anything as far as no starts,to drivers misplacing keys..etc
Once that is addressed we can get down to servicing buses that are scheduled in for their PM compliance.
Great Part time driving job
SCHOOL BUS DRIVER (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 6, 2015
Good job with an established company. Many benefits including the potential to bring your children to work. Good training program. Poor Pay and no work in the summer.
School Bus Driver (Former Employee), SunderlandFebruary 19, 2015
I loved driving school bus. I just needed a full time job and they didn't have anything to offer at this time.
It was a challenge to learn how to drive the big buses, but the driving instructor was amazing and very patient.
?
Bus Driver Special Needs (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 28, 2015
good maintenance of vehicles, fun to work at, great community feel
Productive, yet challenging place to work. Great teamwork.
Charter Coordinator (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: no one overlooking my work, unless receiving complaint from customer
Cons: would prefer better salary
Productive. Great team work. Challenging, fun place to work. Busy environment, but staying positive carries the workload.
I've learned to build my confidence, as when a high pressure situation arises, I am in control. I've also learned to multi task and handle many different types of complaints. The hardest part of my job was learning our new system, which I've basically mastered and makes my every day job much easier. The most enjoyable part of the job is leaving at the end of the day knowing each and every customer, including the drivers, where delivered the best customer service possible.