Stivers Staffing Services, Inc.

Stivers Staffing Services, Inc. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Staffing company that always had work available
Temp (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 2, 2013
I found the staff helpful and enthusiastic and determined to help the client
Various Job Duties
Reprographics, Human Resources, Logistics, (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: great job assignments
Cons: jobs wasn't long terms
Worked in Accounting, Re-prographics, Human Resources, Logistics, Warehouse workers
Stivers is a professional and caring company to work for!
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 30, 2013
I love working for Stivers because we pride ourselves on providing the best quality of service to our client companies and our employees. The longevity of Stivers staff helps us to accomplish this. Everyone believes in the best quality of service from the President on down to the branch offices. The teamwork and friendship of the Stivers staff makes – more... coming to work a pleasure everyday! – less
Learned mailroom skills.
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee), Denver, ColoradoJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: the people there were easy to work with.
Cons: we could not take any liquid or food into the mailroom, all water bottles were left at a kitchenette area outside the mailroom.
I enjoyed the temporary position I had through Stivers working for Lenderlive Mortgage in the mailroom.

On a typical day we would open mail containing applications for Mortgage Loans. We would check for mortgage payment checks to give to a check captain and then remove paper clips, binder clips and staples. We would then count the pages and fill out – more... a prep sheet to send with the envelope contents to be scanned into a computer where it would be sent to the underwriter.

We also sorted return mail and placed stickers on each return type with a return code. We opened the return mail and stamped Returned Mail on top and placed the sticker below the stamp. A prep sheet would be filled out for each envelope so that the return mail could be scanned.

The management was good. I enjoyed working with my co-workers.

The hardest part of the job was to remember details like making sure if there was not a loan number on each piece of mail to mark no loan number on the prep sheet. We also had to remove all red arrow flags that were left on the signature page.. The most enjoyable part of the job was the variety of tasks to do. – less
Wonderful company which treats employees like more than a number!
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Earth City, MOJanuary 8, 2013
Throughout my career I have worked for multiple staffing agencies and hired through many more. Stivers Staffing Services is far and above any other agency that I have had experience with. I currently work for Stivers in a branch office, but started my career on a placement at a client site. When I contacted the office, everyone knew who I was. My assignment – more... was wonderful, the pay comparable to market and Stivers always did the "little extras" which made me feel like more than a number. They even delivered a goodie bag for an industry related holiday and had a really fun contest during the holiday season! When they offered me a position in their office, I was thrilled to join the team, and still feel the same 11 years later! – less
Wonderful Company
Temp Employee (Former Employee), Pasadena, CADecember 22, 2012
Pros: wonderful company.
Cons: none i can think of.
The staff at Stivers were great, helpful and always available to confer with. The employer they assigned me to was great at the time of my assignment.
Productive and Fun Work Enviroment
Clerical (Former Employee), Earth City, MODecember 18, 2012
Pros: management staff very supportive and great to work with.
Cons: temporary work
Report and fulfill job task; Management checks in with you regarding attendance and completing / quality of task performed. Management would match you with a job that fit your job skills/ training and schedule. Very nice workplace atmosphere everyday.
not sure
Temporary Worker (Current Employee), Kansas City, MODecember 13, 2012
They actively look for assignments that suit you and confirm with you before submitting your resume for the position
Outside sales is a fun job. Lots of opportunity
Manager (Former Employee), IndianaDecember 10, 2012
Pros: we can put lots of people to work.
Cons: our jobs don't always turn in to long term or permanent.
I spent many years working for this company in outside sales. There were many interesting people to meet and an inside staff that was excellent and always a pleasure to work with. They were very friendly and willing to help me in any way possible to fill a companies job opening. The best part of my job was having lots of happy clients because of the – more... service we provided. – less
Stivers treats applicants like people, not numbers
Administrative/Office (Current Employee), Orange County, CADecember 7, 2012
Pros: personable & friendly staff who really care about people
I have worked with a variety of staffing agencies since the 80's, and I LOVE that Stivers maintains a personal approach with people that many companies no longer feel the need to do. The people in the office show that they care, and work hard to find people jobs. In many cases like mine, people have gotten the jobs of their dreams through Stivers.
Stivers Staffing is a great company to work for!
Staffing coordinator (Current Employee), Kansas City, MODecember 7, 2012
Stivers Staffing is a great company to work for! The staff is professional, friendly and willing to help. You don't feel like just a "number!"
Excellent company to work for!
Internet Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 7, 2012
Very ethical, caring, professional company. Fun atmosphere. Great history & longevity of staff. Leadership really cares about its employees. Excellent advancement opportunities. Teamwork and friendship are emphasized. Quality is top concern.
Professional staff
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 28, 2012
Its a nice company and i was fortunate to work with them. I just wished I could've stayed at my job site longer.
Doesn't have your interest in mind
Administrative Assistant/General Office (Former Employee), evanston, ilOctober 26, 2012
Cons: low pay, horrible conditions
They give you assignments that aren't what they tell you. The employer tells you the job and this agency tells you something else. I would not work for this agency again. When you call the office they put you on hold and never come back to you. That tells me they aren't interested in me any more and don't have the guts to tell me.

Stivers – December 3, 2012

Sorry you have had a poor experience. Stivers prides itself on communications -- both with our temporary associates and our client employers, If there were miscommunications regarding an assignment, our staffing coordinators would always want to know so the situation could be rectified. It is against our policy to put someone hold and never to return.

Low paying
Admin asst (Current Employee), Los AngelesOctober 26, 2012
Office personnel not professional. Low paying assignments

Stivers – December 3, 2012

We would question this comment as the staff of our Los Angeles branch is highly professional, with staff members of 10+ years of experience. Should you encounter a situation where you were treated unprofessionally, please let our corporate office know at info@stivers.com. Current job openings available in range of $12-14/hr (office/clerical) to $15-18/hr (legal) and $20-25/hr (specialized).

The most enjoyable part of working
Temporary Clerical Employee (Former Employee), Earth City, MOJuly 15, 2012
The most enjoyable part of working as a temp are the opportunities to learn how different kinds of business operate, learning new ways of doing the same tasks and meeting many different kinds of people.
Low paying assignments
Administrative Assistant Temporary (Former Employee), Earth City, MissouriMay 29, 2012
Pros: friendly management
Cons: poor pay, poor contacts, no skills required
Stiver's doesn't have good contacts in the St. Louis market. Pay is very poor and below the industry average for both temp and permanent placements. Assignments are few and far between at best. Their staff is super friendly and professional. It's not an agency to find solid work through or to develop any skills while on assignment.

Stivers – June 11, 2012

The St. Louis location has a variety of positions at varying pay scales. Looking at their current job listings I see several openings paying over $15/hr.

GOOD JOB
Data Entry (Former Employee), Wayne, PAMay 17, 2012
Pros: ended up with a good job
Cons: had to leave do to transportation issues
HIRED THROUGH THIS AGENCY TO MULTI TASK AT DIFFERENT WORK SITES BUT THE TRANPORTATION WAS NOT GOOD HARD TO GET TO ALL THE JOBS BECAUSE OF BUSES NOT RUNNING ON TIME
My manager was hands on and we worked well together.
Account Representative (Former Employee), Dearborn and Monroe Chicago, ILMay 8, 2012
Pros: i was on my own when visiting potential clients
Cons: helping with the testing process as needed
I would review the previous and pending day with the manager. Then prepare to go to potential clients and hopefully encourage them to work with our company. The manager could have been better organized. The co-workers needed better in office communication. The hardest part of the job was understanding the sales philosophy and carrying heavy bags to – more... each appointment. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting with potential clients and meeting new people. – less
Productive and enjoyable place to work.
On Call Receptionist (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 9, 2012
Pros: new and exciting.
Cons: no benefits and no stability.
The jobs were always temporary assignments or fill ins. I enjoyed meeting new peopleeveryday. The work was easy usaully clerical, Filing, typing and answering phones.

About Stivers Staffing Services, Inc.

THE MARK OF EXCELLENCE Stivers, the oldest national temporary personnel service in the nation, is a one-stop staffing company – Read more