Stivers Staffing Services, Inc.

Stivers Staffing Services, Inc. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A company of integrity and longevity, since 1945.
Regional (Current Employee), TorontoDecember 18, 2012
I have enjoyed 28 awesome years of employment with a company that genuinely cares about PEOPLE!
The Toronto team has been cohesive for many years,we work hard and play hard at the same time.
Being in Staffing has it's up's and down's,but the thrill of fulfilling our clients request, the happy employee that lands a long term contract or finds their permanent – more... home makes everything right. We juggle alot in our field of work, and as they say variety is the spice of life. – less
This company was a success story in it's own right; started by the owner out of his garage many years ago. Very inspiring!
Customer Service (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOAugust 23, 2014
Pros: lots of variety in my job assignments
Cons: difficult finding adequate parking and too much time in rush hour traffic to/from work
The first part of my day I called on customers that were late in making payments on their reverse mortgage accounts. Usually that task would take a couple hours. Then I assisted answering calls on the switchboard while my fellow associate was on her break. Upon her return, I opened and sorted mail; then distributed it to the different departments within – more... the (10 building) campus.
It was now lunch time for me. There were several restaurants close by; or sometimes brought my lunch and would sit in the break room visiting with some of my work friends. It was a comfortable setting.
After my lunch, I returned to meter the outgoing mail, do filing, switchboard relief and whatever else was necessary.
The late afternoons consisted mostly of a special project with a definite deadline mandated by the state. It was a lot of dissecting numbers for a reporting system that needed to be documented. It was a lengthy project that I really enjoyed working on. That particular detail took myself and a few other co-workers nearly 6 months to complete and finalize for our attorneys to critique before reaching the state office for inspection.
I was well respected by my co-workers and my supervisor; who all knew they could count on me to get any undertaking accomplished in a timely manner and mistake free. I always double check my work. Like my father always told me...measure twice cut once!
I learned a great deal about real estate and insurance. It was quite interesting.
Our management team was strict but fair in their decisions affecting the company profile, employees and the business portfolio.
The hardest part of my job was knowing I wasn't being used to my full potential with being a floater. The most enjoyable part of my job though was each day was filled with variety and multitasking; which made my work days fly by. Silly, but sometimes I even caught myself wishing that I had more hours to work. – less
fun work place
Laborer (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJuly 13, 2014
Pros: hard work
Cons: only 40hrs a week
i liked working there, it was hard work that kept me busy, i wish i could of worked more that 40 hrs a week
Productive and a fun place to work for
MAIL ROOM CLERK (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 8, 2014
Cons: short breaks
MAIL ROOM CLERK: Full-time position (temporary to hire). Sorted papers; sorted mail; scanned express mail; verified incoming mail by stamping it; brought daily checks to Accounting Department; prepared FedEx and delivery confirmation mail; Performed all processes in mail room have to be verified by another person in every procedure done; verified amounts – more... of daily wires or manuals at end of business day; closed out FedEx for the day. – less
Cons: no benefits
Good luck for temp agencies. Just another job assignment and chances of being a in house perm.
worked with wifes family
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAMay 8, 2014
Pros: working with family
Cons: working for family
maintenance on numerous buildings, the ins and outs of property maintenance, family business, working for the family was the hardest part, working with family was the most enjoyable part
Fun and rewarding work assignments
Insurance underwriter/Administrative assistant (Former Employee), Tempe, AZApril 29, 2014
Pros: gaining the experience in multiple areas of my career choice
Cons: lack of stability
I was placed in a variety of jobs that required a high attention to detail, organization and being on my toes at all times. I worked for this agency on and off for 8 years.
Diversity of positions, friendly staff
Secretary (Former Employee), Encino, CAMarch 19, 2014
Pros: satisfactory preparation of job assignments
Cons: did not lead to permanent a position
I held various temporary clerical and administrative positions with Stivers Staffing Inc., Most of the temporary positions were two to three weeks in length with a variety of great companies in my area.

Stivers Staffing Inc consistently informed me well in advanced, of upcoming job assignments with detailed information on my job duties and responsibilities – more... that matched my skill level and appropriate pay.

This company is well established and very professional. – less
Very fun place to work
Associate (Former Employee), Kansas City, Mo.March 2, 2014
I was placed in several different companies. I excelled in every company I was placed. I enjoyed my time at this company.
N/A
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJanuary 11, 2014
I was employed at several companies working with Strivers. Overall my experiences with the several companies were pleasureable.
valuable office experience
Temporary Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 6, 2014
multiple assignments providing opportunities for excellent experience in a variety of office settings
productive place
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
GREAT PLACE TO WORK. YOU CAN UTILIZE ALL YOUR SKILLS.AND GROW WITH THE COMPANY
Temporary job that didn't last very long
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 9, 2013
Aswered incoming calls regarding a recall on a medication.
Great Staffing Firm
Administrative Assistant- Temporary Employee (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 8, 2013
Fast placement and very willing to assist with job search assistance.
Stivers Staffing
Closing Auditor (Former Employee), Denver, COOctober 15, 2013
Pros: kept busy
This was just a contract job. Had a great manager and enjoyed working with the people there.
Temporary administrative role for plant manager and supervisors.
Temporary Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: laid back work environment.
Cons: temporary, so work is not always guaranteed.
Answered any customer inquiries via phone, email, or face-to-face and directed disputes to the correct manager. Created and updated logs to keep track of employee work and attendance. Opened mail daily and logged utility bills and directed to finance or procurement to be paid. Maintained general office duties (order supplies, inventory, mail). Created – more... spreadsheets and word documents. – less
Temporary Service
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 5, 2013
They found me a long term assignment at Bodek and Rhodes where I've learned a lot about wholesale. My co-workers were great the management team was proffestional.
Customer Ser Rep
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 4, 2013
Answered incoming and outgoing phone calls for 8 hrs. This was not a permanent position.

1 2 3

About Stivers Staffing Services, Inc.

THE MARK OF EXCELLENCE Stivers, a pioneer in the industry, is a one-stop staffing company specializing in temporary, temp-to-hire – Read more