Stitches Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great people
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orillia, ONJanuary 10, 2016
Pros: great people
Cons: not enough hours
was a great place to work but it was in a terrible location so the store was always dead and we would run out of things to do. HOwever the 20% discount was great.
Worst place to work.
sales executive (Former Employee), Barrie, ONDecember 4, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Everything
I dreaded going to work the managers didn't create a safe feeling environment. I got fired for having a family emergency. The managers are not flexible when it comes with calling in sick or switching shifts. They only give you a 10 min break and they threaten you saying that your break isn't deserved and that they don't have to give it to you. And not only that but if you can't come for a shift they make you feel guilty and get mad at you. Very unpleasant and unprofessional place to work. Hated it.
fun working environment
Sales assocaiate (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 24, 2015
it is a very interesting place to work.The co-worker are very nice and understanding.it is a family oriented place.it requires a lot of hard work and patience
Flexible
sales associate (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABNovember 22, 2015
Its not a great place for full time job seekers but its a great first job experience. Forces you to come out of your comfort zone so you can perform maximum customer experience.
fun workplace
Sale Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 19, 2015
Dealing with different people everyday is fun but also it's stressful and challenging because not all the costumers is understandable. The most enjoyable of work is working with positive and happy people.
Loved working with fashion
Lead Fashion Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kanata, ONNovember 9, 2015
Pros: Discounts on clothing i wear
Cons: no room for internal growth
I also loved this job but as Stitches was closing down all their stores across Ontario there was no room for internal growth
Co-workers were very nice, and trained me well.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONOctober 26, 2015
Overall the store was amazing, my co-workers helped me a lot when i first started out and were always friendly. The whole store was practically organized and the pace of working didn't get me tired at all. It was a fun experience working there.
Fun workplace but often non-productiv nd non-professional
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Pickering, ONOctober 19, 2015
Pros: Sometimes got free pizza lunches
Cons: OFTEN all employees got about 20 or less hours per week
Employees AND managers would often good off and make inappropriate jokes while on the job and it was unprofessional. It was a fun workplace but I did not like that the manager herself was so young and unprofessional and of course most of her employees acted the same way as her.
Overall positive experience.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Windsor, ONOctober 13, 2015
Pros: Training & development
Cons: Salary
The company provides good room for growth and advancement. Managers are given a fair amount of direct control over internal issues, and are able to maintain positive outcomes and a dedicated team as a result. Timely communication between management employees and corporate offices could be much better.
enjoyed the learning experience
MIT/Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee), Saint John, NBOctober 7, 2015
Pros: love the mall i worked at
would process stock, unpack and put all new and older stock out on floor. change around the stock setting when necessary as well as repricing sale items.handling cash and counting out the night deposit before closing up the store. hardest part of the job is dealing with disgruntled customers...can be hard but i deal with it well. my most enjoyable part of the job is always meeting new people
loved
Customer Service/Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 5, 2015
everyone was very friendly, the manager was the most professional and understanding employer. it was like being around family everyday ..little to no unnecessary situations from employees
Horrible.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 28, 2015
Pros: 20% employee discount
Cons: Everything else
Working for YM Inc was horrible, I was one of their top sales associates for 3 years there was no opportunity for advancement. My store went through 6 managers in one year, and the professionalism is minimal. Majority of coworkers and members of management are immature and encourage workplace gossip and bullying.
Fun and enjoyable job
Commis (Former Employee), Aylmer, QCAugust 12, 2015
I was doing a internship at stitches this past year, because it was required in my class at high school. So I've choosen Stitches. It was a fun place to work at. It was really my first time working somewhere. And they learn me a lot of stuff. Like being on time at the job, helping others out ect... I did not have an salary,so I can't really rate it. My ten months at Stitches was really great. The co-workers were really awesome and they made you feel like home.
Terrible Management and Strict Rules
Third Key Holder/Health and Safety Representative (Former Employee), Owen Sound, ONJuly 14, 2015
The management was never behind their employees when it came to any customer issues. For example, if I refused a customer a cash refund (because I am unable to based on company policy) I would still get in trouble for the upset customer. The HR department, as well as the district managers were all very unapproachable and difficult to get straight answers from. They also did not pay time and a half on holidays.
fun workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), HamiltonJuly 13, 2015
A typical day at work was being on cash and helping multiple customers find an outfit for a night out or a day at the beach, this involved helping them find clothing they knew they wanted and giving my personal opinion on the matter
Fun and Upbeat Atmosphere to Work In
Associate Sales Representative/ Cashier (Former Employee), Milton, ONJune 29, 2015
Pros: Upbeat Environment, Energetic Music, Friendly Co Workers, Team Worker Environment
Cons: Minimum Wage, Lack of Thorough Cashier Training, Lack of General Manager and Employee Communication
I enjoyed working with Stitches, I love fashion and I enjoy helping others pick out and modify their style to increase their overall satisfaction of their shopping experience.
I love being able to dress up and model Stitches merchandise and give the customers a real idea of what our company promotes. I've had many customers compliment and ask about the clothes I wear during my shifts, so I knew that this worked and helped our customers envision what they may want to have in their closets.
I worked with a two managers in training, whom I've known for twenty years who are the most giving, inspiring and helpful people I've worked for at Stitches Clothing.
Great place to start working
Sales/Floor Staff (Former Employee), Owen Sound, ONJune 22, 2015
I loved working for stitches, wonderful clothing store before they closed down. Great first job for a high school student
Work.Work. Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 16, 2015
Pros: 50% off
Come in, get settle, get to work. Interacting with customers was the best part of the job. Folding and picking up things got tiring. Manager was great. I learned to stay patient at all times.
The most fun you can have going to work
Sales Associate and Key Holder (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONMay 25, 2015
I loved working at stitches the staff were phenomenal! I enjoyed the responsibility of opening and closing the store. I enjoyed the ever changing styles that were displayed in the store. Helping customers finding what they were looking for while on a budget.
Manager (Current Employee), Regina, SKMay 6, 2015
It's been a great experience. I have learned a lot of tremendous amount of knowledge about Retail, Sales, Customer services.