Stitches Employee Reviews

nice employees bad management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 November 2016
Management was very poor. Did not know how to run a retail store. Was not on time with the Paycheques and Did not respect employees.
Volunteer work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC19 October 2016
I used this as volunteer work, learning ways on how retail works and learning how to use a cash register, highly recommended job.
Fun work place with a great management team and staff.
Sales Associate/ cashier (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON24 August 2016
Coworkers were one of the best parts of this job for me they made the day go so much easier just by how closely we bonded.
I loved working the floor as well and being able to greet and chat with different people on a daily basis was a great bonus too.,
Pros
Discount on clothing!
Cons
Computers were slow and quite out of date
Quiet the Learning Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 July 2016
It was exciting for me, especially assisting customers. Its about making the customers feel welcome, and complimented at the same time.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
The location
Productive and Fast paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 July 2016
Working for Stitches is productive as it is a really fast paced environment. There is always something to do whether it is doing stock, interacting with many customers, or folding/cleaning clothes.

You work with a good/small amount of employees, so you create close relationships with each one. I have realized that there are new managers that come and go regularly due to problems and issues, but majority that I have worked with are nice to be around and they will tell you what needs to get done.

The hours are good if you have high seniority, otherwise new employees get lower hours. One thing I did not like was that most days the store is usually short-staffed for a large environment, so sometimes an employee has to do multiple jobs at once. I feel that managers focus more on tasking (getting things done) rather than presenting excellent customer service for customers.

Overall it was an enjoyable place to work for.
Pros
Always busy, nice co-workers, discount benefits.
Cons
Short staffed, constantly hiring new managers, store gets messy fast
fun
customer service to patrons (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON11 June 2016
went door to door selling chocolates to help collect money for a charity and i enjoied working with them. it was a seasonal job. i was always high up with the seals and always helped in a positive way.
alright
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 May 2016
Stitches was a very fun place to work at, the hours were nice. and they would let you leave early if you had an apt. if you had a injury they would care very much
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
very long hours
productive, interesting fun environment
Sales Associate / Cashier (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON19 May 2016
Prepare stock to be placed in the show room
Assist customers with their needs when shopping in the store
Answer any questions customers may have about certain products or anything in particular that has to do with return policies etc
Learned how to problem solve in difficult situations
Co-workers are great team members,
The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be is meeting new people and helping the customers leave satisfied
fun upbeat environment
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON18 May 2016
a typical day at work consists of running around helping customers, folding clothes, doing visual when needed, helping the cash line. i learned all about how to handle customer service with efficiency and properly,etc. Management is good. i personally love the management even tho sometimes they do slack a little, the employees are all very nice and helpful they always help each other when needed.
Pros
good location
Cons
breaks
Fun team to be apart of and learn new things with.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC9 May 2016
The job was easy to get a hang of and I was learning effective sales techniques. My co workers were easy to get along with and I felt comfortable talking to them even though we had just met. The job was fairly easy to grasp and If I ever needed help I was able to ask questions freely. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to meet new people and spark a new conversation with someone I've never met before.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Short Shifts
Pressurized but enjoyable work environment that increased the quality of customers shopping experience.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 May 2016
A typical day working at Stitches would be to supervise activities on the sale floor as well as assisting customers with clothing choices and purchases.

Since I worked in a small store, I was responsible for multiple job positions that include: cashier, sales representative, health & safety representative as well as security. As a result, I have developed stronger multi-tasking, interpersonal and time-management skills.

The hardest part of my job would be to balance priorities around the busiest days like boxing day when clothing stores are at their busiest times. Keeping the store clean as well as helping customers was a minor challenge for me. Whereas my most enjoyable experience was keeping customers happy and satisfied.

My overall experience was beneficial to my skillset and development for all areas of my life.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Standing up for long hours
A great job, with many great learning experiences
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 April 2016
This was a great job, and there were many pros when working there. I enjoyed myself, and did not feel to rushed or anything while on the job. The managers took there time with me and allowed me to learn everything at my own pace. I can't say I remember any cons, but I do remember sometimes wanting more shifts, still I was away from home most of my time working there, and so that was a difficult situation it its self.
Pros
Environment, Staff, Team, Pace, Workload
Cons
Shifts
Not a bad place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB19 April 2016
Great Staff but the place just couldn't keep people interested so it got shut down. ended up being closed while I was still hired there was rather unfortunate.
Pros
Great Staff Fantastic Staff Discount
Cons
Closed
very fun and was an awesome exprience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 March 2016
working there was amazing it was fun and pretty relaxed. my co workers where always there to help when I first started. I enjoyed every single one of them, they made me feel part of the team.
the management was very understanding and always made me feel important to the company. the hardest part of the job was making the costumer's understand the company polices. but we always made them feel like there loyalty to us is important. the most enjoyable part would have to be meet all the costumer's, and talking with them making them feel very commutable with us.
great environment and a huge learning experience
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2016
Arrive to work 5 minutes before to check duties and which section is assigned to work in, clock in and keep the area NCO ( neat cleaned and organized). once done, help with other sections that need improvement and cash out customers which were ready to cash out. The managers were helpful and clear about tasks. they taught me how to multi task and work quickly and effectively. The co workers all helped each other, teamwork was a prominent theme in the work place. The job overall was very fast pace as it was a busy outlet store. The hardest part was dealing with uncooperative customers that would fight over the price and the discounts.
Pros
20% discount of all merchandise that wasn't discounted already more than 70%
Cons
lack of hours
fun place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB29 February 2016
not physically demanding
basic skills
good amount of breaks
working with the public
computer skills learnt
management is good
Productive fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB30 January 2016
In love with the job, great people who are there to help no matter the situation. It is a great place to work. A normal day can be slow unless in the holiday season then the store is busy all the time.
Great people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON10 January 2016
was a great place to work but it was in a terrible location so the store was always dead and we would run out of things to do. HOwever the 20% discount was great.
Pros
great people
Cons
not enough hours
Worst place to work.
sales executive (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON4 December 2015
I dreaded going to work the managers didn't create a safe feeling environment. I got fired for having a family emergency. The managers are not flexible when it comes with calling in sick or switching shifts. They only give you a 10 min break and they threaten you saying that your break isn't deserved and that they don't have to give it to you. And not only that but if you can't come for a shift they make you feel guilty and get mad at you. Very unpleasant and unprofessional place to work. Hated it.
fun working environment
Sales assocaiate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 November 2015
it is a very interesting place to work.The co-worker are very nice and understanding.it is a family oriented place.it requires a lot of hard work and patience