Stitches

Stitches Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Just worked boxing day
Sales associate (Former Employee), Stoney Creek, ONJanuary 15, 2015
Enjoyed working the boxing day sale it was a wonderful experience . Really want to lean towards the sales associate world and making my work experience bigger . Enjoyed helping out the customers when they had questions and needed help in the fitting rooms and helping them out with finding what they needed . Would say the hardest part was making sure the clothing stayed neat in the store . But overall a good time.
Fun and safe job place
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: staff room, 30-60 minute breaks
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Stitches. I typically worked on cash for a majority of my shift. I learned how to help customers find exactly what they're looking for while making larger sales. I worked with a group of kind, genuine, funny people and had a well organized management team. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping customers find what they were looking for and seeing how happy they were when they found it. The hardest part of my job was having to leave due to relocation.
Okay workplace
Sale Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 6, 2014
not very great place to work. Not easy to move up in the company
Overall Good
Sales Associate/Merchandiser (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABOctober 9, 2014
Pros: nice friends, short hours, lots of laughs
Cons: bad managers, little organization
I liked working there, the other girls are very nice. A typical day was mainly jsut assisting customers and putting out new stock. I learnt alot about fashion. Management was awful. The management never helped the other co-workers. They would stand around and leave for much longer breaks then aloud whenever they wanted. The co-workers I dealt with were friendly and I still miss them sometimes. The most enjoyable part was getting to work with people close to my own age age.
Semi- organized workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: fun work environment
Cons: childish problems between associates
As a co-op student I would do stock for most my days and change rooms as those were where my skills excelled. I would also do customer service if I was needed but most my time was taken to do stock as I had four hours to finish everything. My co-workers were for the most part friendly. Of course there was problems that would be troublesome and dealt with in a manner that seemed childish. The hardest part was getting everything done in the time of four hours but I managed to accomplish that on most days that I didn't have to get out of the back room for. The most enjoyable part of this job was the customer experience for me. I loved interacting with people and helping them out.
Fun work environment
Store Manager (Former Employee), TorontoAugust 28, 2014
Pros: good company
A typical day would start with me going around the store to make Shure that everything is ok, then I would look at my list of things to be accomplished on that day, I would give directive to all employees and ask for feed back on yesterdays sales, find out how we can have a better day than yesterday. Store would be cleaned, customers would be taken care of, to the fullest degree. My main responsibility is to reach our sales goals for the day, and maintain it to the end of week.
Good company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 26, 2014
Work ethic is not the best but they do really take care of their employees.
Always looking to learn something new
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Moncton, NBAugust 8, 2014
Pros: great hours
Cons: night shifts
While at work I love being able to succeed and show my abilities however I am one who also loves having the chance to learn something new fun and exciting.
Fun Workplace
Retail Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONAugust 7, 2014
Co-workers were amazing.

A typical day at Stitches would be opening the store, greeting customers, assisting customers with merchandise.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the smiles on customers faces when they left the store. It always gave a good sense of doing good and knowing that your helping someone.
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 9, 2014
A typical day at work was 8 hours long. I either opened or closed down the store and did all the dailey paperwork. I deal with happy and angry people on a daily basis and do my best to make sure everybody leaves on good terms. I run the cash desk and do weekly markdowns and promotions. I make sure all my employees skills are utilized to best prosper the company and efficiently finish tasks.
excellent job for students
Sports Specialist (Current Employee), Lindsay, ONJuly 2, 2014
this company offers many benefits, however, the treatment of employees on by management is severely lacking.
Depressing and stressful
Sales Associate & Cashier (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCMay 8, 2014
I learned how the retails industry functions on a daily basis.
The hardest part was that there were too much drama and there were no organization within the company especially when it comes to training new workers.
Friendly environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 5, 2014
Pros: loving employee's
Cons: not enough hours given
Coming into work is always welcoming between employee's. They always made me feel comfortable and kept me on track on any updates there have been in the store. I learned many skills such as how to use the cash register and how to organize important documents when closing the store. The hardest part of the job was to keep an attentive eye on any lost merchandise. But the most enjoyable part of the job was just making new friends and talking to costumers, making them feel comfortable shopping in our store.
Productive and fun workplace at Stitches
Retail Assistant (Current Employee), Scarborough, OntarioMay 3, 2014
I love working at stitches, I have learned a lot about working as a team and dealing with various types of customers. A typical day would include managing my area in the store, making sure it was presentable. My manager is amazing, very kind and great with the work team and employees. My coworkers are very friendly, outgoing team who will always assist one another and the customers. The hardest part of the job was dealing with rude customers, and having to clean up their mess.
Fun workplace that fits well with students.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), NewmarketApril 23, 2014
You will be trained on greeting customers, cleaning, and cash.
productive and fun work place
Volunteer (Former Employee), Winnipeg,ManitobaApril 18, 2014
Pros: folding experience
I enjoyed my work experience at stitches,I've had so much working there the environment was a wonderful place.My typical day would consist of myself interacting and helping customers and working on organizing the stock and cleaning.My co-workers were very friendly and helped me a lot in this job.I did not find any hard part about the job except when there isn't much customers and when the stock isn't here that is when it gets difficult but we find things to do regardless.The most enjoyable part of working at Stitches was getting to interact and help the customers find what they need.Personally I love interacting with people so i was a marvelous experience to have hands on doing that.
Fun
Part-time sales associate (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 26, 2014
Work would usually consist of communicating with customers and ensuring their needs are met. Also ensuring our store needs are met with maintenance and stocks are reshelved.
productive and fun work place
Manager (Former Employee), Owen Sound, ONMarch 10, 2014
Fantastic staff, and work environment. Great employee moral. Daily duties included customer service, operations, merchandising, daily house keeping.
a great place to start your first job in!
Fitting room assistant (Former Employee), torontoMarch 3, 2014
it was an amazing experience working at stitches. Great customers and fun people to be around with. It felt like I was with my friends whenever I was working there it felt great.
Fun and sufficient workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee), London, ONFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: friendly enviroment
Cons: crowded work area
The other employees at Stitches were very fun and live people which is an important personality trait to have working as a sales associate and talking to customers.

1 2 3