Stitches Employee Reviews

its ok.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON25 November 2017
Fast pace workplace. They fail to care about giving long term employees raises, even if the store managers ask head office for it, it is always declined.
Pros
staff was great
Cons
do not care about the worker
fun work place,
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON4 November 2017
it was a great atmosphere to be around almost as if it wasn't a workplace, the customers were always satisfied and i myself enjoyed learning how to recognize a person preferred style.
helping people to find clothes
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 November 2017
helping customers with clothes folding clothes . making sure they have the right size.. stocking the shelves with clothes making sure the store was clean.
Always loved there clothing
Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB2 November 2017
My typical day at work was opening the store cleaning receiving stock, merchandising and helping customers with there shopping needs. What I took away from this experience is the importance of having good staff and learning the hiring process and trying to hire the right fit sometimes it doesn't work out. The most enjoyable parts of my job was interacting with customers and my staff.
Pros
have fun at work but still get our jobs done. bonuses
Cons
long hours.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton2 November 2017
Friendly employees, friendly management team, great hours especially for students. Helped me to learn alot and build my resume up for the future. I would definitely work there again.
Stitches
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON31 October 2017
Learned a lot about management. Enjoyed the flexible hours and discounts. Gave me the confidence I needed to accept more responsibility. Became a key holder within months.
Nice coworkers
Retail Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS11 October 2017
Working at Stitches was a good experience, I had very nice coworkers and managers who were very considerate of balancing shifts. However it was a very dramatic place to work in, and the customers could be quite disgusting.
Pros
Liked my coworkers
Cons
Inconsistent Scheduling
Dont even apply
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON1 August 2017
This was by far the worst job I have ever had. The managers were rude and did not adhere to scheduling requests for students. I applied for part-time (also stated 3 shifts a week would be preferred) and was scheduled more than 5 days a week then called in almost every day I was off. They were under staffed and could not keep employees for more than a month. We would be scheduled to work until 9 and have to stay 2 hours after to finish clean up because we did not have enough people. That being said, if we didn't have enough hours to go over they would shut down the system or tell us to clock out before we were even done. We were also not allowed to take pictures of the schedule and were expected to write it down. Due to this, the schedule was changed 3 or 4 times and girls were not able to give proof that it was changed. As far as the higher level management, they did not seem to care about us as employees either. We were not given direct deposits until 4 months after started and they would sometimes misplace our cheques. It is obvious why the employees do not stay long here.
Pros
Tons of hours, Good discount
Cons
Too many hours, Poor management, Short paycheques
good place to work
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 July 2017
this is a good place to work especially for young people, it help you devellop your customer service experience.

but it difficult to get a permanent job there.
Average
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 July 2017
Typical retail job. The most enjoyable part was interacting with customers and my co-workers. The only downside was that it would take us a while after closing to actually leave as there was so much to do around the store but there were not a lot of employees working shifts.
Good atmosphere, but understaffed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 June 2017
The retail environment is generally fast-paced and upbeat. Management was good, but the corporation continuously made cuts that left us understaffed and overworked.
Not fun at all!!!
Sales Associate (Seasonal Help) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 June 2017
Your always on your feet either being yelled at by angry customers or fellow employees. Fellow employees stole from the store before it opened in the morning and wore the clothes they stole throughout their entire shift for that day and the managers wouldn't address it as a problem. Very bad experience in working there.
Pros
Cons
Employees that stole and managers that were okay with such things.
Regular Workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB15 June 2017
Put out stock, tend to customers frequently, I learned about cash and customer service, workplace culture was okay pretty stressful once new management was put into place, hardest part of my job was working on holidays, and trying to multi task while it is very busy, most enjoyable part was working in the mall.
Great Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 May 2017
typical days work i would organize and stalked shelves. Operated cash register and handled debit/ credit transactions. Assisted customers with merchandise and sizing. What i learned team work and communication are very important. everyone needs to be on the same page in order for the company to grow.
Company review
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC20 May 2017
The company is amazing to work for. Amazing merchandise and employers. I enjoyed working for Stitches for the time being that i did. I loved the working with the staff members. They taught me what i needed for the seasonal position i took.
Pros
Staff was friendly
Cons
Not enough hours
Horrible management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON10 April 2017
The management was horrible. Many inscidents happened while I was there that ended in dogs losing their life. I was left alone in the back with over 50 dogs on my first week there and got in the middle of a dog fight with two very big dogs. I ended up getting bit.
YM inc is terrably unorganized
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 February 2017
YM inc, the main company that owns stitches, blue notes, urban planet and all those places is completely unorganized. would not suggest applying for anything through YM inc.
Pros
discount on clothes
Cons
unfriendly coworkers and unorganized magement
Avis
Assistante-gérante (Former Employee) –  Granby, QC23 February 2017
Faire l'horaire des employés
Facturer les clients
Distribuer les tâches aux employés
Faire les dépôts
Faire la petite caisse
Fun place too work, fast paced environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON19 February 2017
Working here I was always busy, let that be with customers or keeping the store running and looking clean. I rarely had any problems with anyone while working here, it was very fun!
Pros
Good Team
Cons
Scheduling difficulties with employees
Fun and energetic
Sales Associate/Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 February 2017
I loved working at Stitches. It was fun to be there. I never dreaded going to work. The managers cared about their employees and made sure they were understanding everything they needed to.