Stitches Employee Reviews in Canada

very fun and was an awesome exprience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 23, 2016
working there was amazing it was fun and pretty relaxed. my co workers where always there to help when I first started. I enjoyed every single one of them, they made me feel part of the team.
the management was very understanding and always made me feel important to the company. the hardest part of the job was making the costumer's understand the company polices. but we always made them feel like there loyalty to us is important. the most enjoyable part would have to be meet all the costumer's, and talking with them making them feel very commutable with us.
Overall positive experience.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONOctober 13, 2015
The company provides good room for growth and advancement. Managers are given a fair amount of direct control over internal issues, and are able to maintain positive outcomes and a dedicated team as a result. Timely communication between management employees and corporate offices could be much better.
Pros
Training & development
Cons
Salary
Productive and Fast paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 4, 2016
Working for Stitches is productive as it is a really fast paced environment. There is always something to do whether it is doing stock, interacting with many customers, or folding/cleaning clothes.

You work with a good/small amount of employees, so you create close relationships with each one. I have realized that there are new managers that come and go regularly due to problems and issues, but majority that I have worked with are nice to be around and they will tell you what needs to get done.

The hours are good if you have high seniority, otherwise new employees get lower hours. One thing I did not like was that most days the store is usually short-staffed for a large environment, so sometimes an employee has to do multiple jobs at once. I feel that managers focus more on tasking (getting things done) rather than presenting excellent customer service for customers.

Overall it was an enjoyable place to work for.
Pros
Always busy, nice co-workers, discount benefits.
Cons
Short staffed, constantly hiring new managers, store gets messy fast
Pressurized but enjoyable work environment that increased the quality of customers shopping experience.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 2, 2016
A typical day working at Stitches would be to supervise activities on the sale floor as well as assisting customers with clothing choices and purchases.

Since I worked in a small store, I was responsible for multiple job positions that include: cashier, sales representative, health & safety representative as well as security. As a result, I have developed stronger multi-tasking, interpersonal and time-management skills.

The hardest part of my job would be to balance priorities around the busiest days like boxing day when clothing stores are at their busiest times. Keeping the store clean as well as helping customers was a minor challenge for me. Whereas my most enjoyable experience was keeping customers happy and satisfied.

My overall experience was beneficial to my skillset and development for all areas of my life.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Standing up for long hours
Worst place to work.
sales executive (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONDecember 4, 2015
I dreaded going to work the managers didn't create a safe feeling environment. I got fired for having a family emergency. The managers are not flexible when it comes with calling in sick or switching shifts. They only give you a 10 min break and they threaten you saying that your break isn't deserved and that they don't have to give it to you. And not only that but if you can't come for a shift they make you feel guilty and get mad at you. Very unpleasant and unprofessional place to work. Hated it.
Cons
great environment and a huge learning experience
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 3, 2016
Arrive to work 5 minutes before to check duties and which section is assigned to work in, clock in and keep the area NCO ( neat cleaned and organized). once done, help with other sections that need improvement and cash out customers which were ready to cash out. The managers were helpful and clear about tasks. they taught me how to multi task and work quickly and effectively. The co workers all helped each other, teamwork was a prominent theme in the work place. The job overall was very fast pace as it was a busy outlet store. The hardest part was dealing with uncooperative customers that would fight over the price and the discounts.
Pros
20% discount of all merchandise that wasn't discounted already more than 70%
Cons
lack of hours
productive, interesting fun environment
Sales Associate / Cashier (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMay 19, 2016
Prepare stock to be placed in the show room
Assist customers with their needs when shopping in the store
Answer any questions customers may have about certain products or anything in particular that has to do with return policies etc
Learned how to problem solve in difficult situations
Co-workers are great team members,
The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be is meeting new people and helping the customers leave satisfied
Fun team to be apart of and learn new things with.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCMay 9, 2016
The job was easy to get a hang of and I was learning effective sales techniques. My co workers were easy to get along with and I felt comfortable talking to them even though we had just met. The job was fairly easy to grasp and If I ever needed help I was able to ask questions freely. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to meet new people and spark a new conversation with someone I've never met before.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Short Shifts
fun place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Camrose, ABFebruary 29, 2016
not physically demanding
basic skills
good amount of breaks
working with the public
computer skills learnt
management is good
A great job, with many great learning experiences
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 25, 2016
This was a great job, and there were many pros when working there. I enjoyed myself, and did not feel to rushed or anything while on the job. The managers took there time with me and allowed me to learn everything at my own pace. I can't say I remember any cons, but I do remember sometimes wanting more shifts, still I was away from home most of my time working there, and so that was a difficult situation it its self.
Pros
Environment, Staff, Team, Pace, Workload
Cons
Shifts
Horrible.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 28, 2015
Working for YM Inc was horrible, I was one of their top sales associates for 3 years there was no opportunity for advancement. My store went through 6 managers in one year, and the professionalism is minimal. Majority of coworkers and members of management are immature and encourage workplace gossip and bullying.
Pros
20% employee discount
Cons
Everything else
fun upbeat environment
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONMay 18, 2016
a typical day at work consists of running around helping customers, folding clothes, doing visual when needed, helping the cash line. i learned all about how to handle customer service with efficiency and properly,etc. Management is good. i personally love the management even tho sometimes they do slack a little, the employees are all very nice and helpful they always help each other when needed.
Pros
good location
Cons
breaks
fun
customer service to patrons (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJune 11, 2016
went door to door selling chocolates to help collect money for a charity and i enjoied working with them. it was a seasonal job. i was always high up with the seals and always helped in a positive way.
alright
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 25, 2016
Stitches was a very fun place to work at, the hours were nice. and they would let you leave early if you had an apt. if you had a injury they would care very much
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
very long hours
Not a bad place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABApril 19, 2016
Great Staff but the place just couldn't keep people interested so it got shut down. ended up being closed while I was still hired there was rather unfortunate.
Pros
Great Staff Fantastic Staff Discount
Cons
Closed
Now called Bluenotes', not the best place to work.
key holder (Current Employee) –  Camrose albertaaMarch 2, 2015
The store has recently been changed to one of stitches sister store bluenotes'. On a regular day its an ok place to work, you help customers, you do cash, and you clean. There are a lot of cons to working here though. You have no sick time, it doesn't matter how sick you are if you cant find a replacement, then you go to work. There is no benefits, no promotions, and no recognition for the work you do. As a stiches employee I was promoted to a keyholder, the district manager appreciated me and the things I did for the store. As bluenotes I lost my promotion, and I was told I make to much money. My hours have been cut, and they change all the time. The best part about my day is working with my co-workers, they are the most friendly people I have ever worked with. And helping customers. I love working in the retail field and helping customers.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
no benefits, no hours, no sick time
Interactive retail sales environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 19, 2013
-Administered ongoing training and technical support to part-time sales associates
-Assisted with completion of monthly supply order
-Prepared and processed weekly schedule and payroll
-Planned and prioritized multiple tasks simultaneously
-Analyzed and evaluated team members’ daily maintenance efforts
-Increased daily productivity by harnessing and inspiring available workforce
-Promoted current products and promotions
-Thought critically and acted logically to evaluate situations and take appropriate actions involving customers and/or sales associates
- supportive management team who help to develop and continuously improve retail sales skills of members of their sales team
-time management
-multi-tasking
-worked with a devoted and dynamic sales team
Pros
great staff and management, constructive feedback
Cons
possibly long hours
Productive fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBJanuary 30, 2016
In love with the job, great people who are there to help no matter the situation. It is a great place to work. A normal day can be slow unless in the holiday season then the store is busy all the time.
Fun and enjoyable job
Commis (Former Employee) –  Aylmer, QCAugust 12, 2015
I was doing a internship at stitches this past year, because it was required in my class at high school. So I've choosen Stitches. It was a fun place to work at. It was really my first time working somewhere. And they learn me a lot of stuff. Like being on time at the job, helping others out ect... I did not have an salary,so I can't really rate it. My ten months at Stitches was really great. The co-workers were really awesome and they made you feel like home.
Terrible Management and Strict Rules
Third Key Holder/Health and Safety Representative (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ONJuly 14, 2015
The management was never behind their employees when it came to any customer issues. For example, if I refused a customer a cash refund (because I am unable to based on company policy) I would still get in trouble for the upset customer. The HR department, as well as the district managers were all very unapproachable and difficult to get straight answers from. They also did not pay time and a half on holidays.