Stitches Employee Reviews

Pressurized but enjoyable work environment that increased the quality of customers shopping experience.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 May 2016
A typical day working at Stitches would be to supervise activities on the sale floor as well as assisting customers with clothing choices and purchases.

Since I worked in a small store, I was responsible for multiple job positions that include: cashier, sales representative, health & safety representative as well as security. As a result, I have developed stronger multi-tasking, interpersonal and time-management skills.

The hardest part of my job would be to balance priorities around the busiest days like boxing day when clothing stores are at their busiest times. Keeping the store clean as well as helping customers was a minor challenge for me. Whereas my most enjoyable experience was keeping customers happy and satisfied.

My overall experience was beneficial to my skillset and development for all areas of my life.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Standing up for long hours
Productive and Fast paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 July 2016
Working for Stitches is productive as it is a really fast paced environment. There is always something to do whether it is doing stock, interacting with many customers, or folding/cleaning clothes.

You work with a good/small amount of employees, so you create close relationships with each one. I have realized that there are new managers that come and go regularly due to problems and issues, but majority that I have worked with are nice to be around and they will tell you what needs to get done.

The hours are good if you have high seniority, otherwise new employees get lower hours. One thing I did not like was that most days the store is usually short-staffed for a large environment, so sometimes an employee has to do multiple jobs at once. I feel that managers focus more on tasking (getting things done) rather than presenting excellent customer service for customers.

Overall it was an enjoyable place to work for.
Pros
Always busy, nice co-workers, discount benefits.
Cons
Short staffed, constantly hiring new managers, store gets messy fast
nice employees bad management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 November 2016
Management was very poor. Did not know how to run a retail store. Was not on time with the Paycheques and Did not respect employees.
YM inc is terrably unorganized
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 February 2017
YM inc, the main company that owns stitches, blue notes, urban planet and all those places is completely unorganized. would not suggest applying for anything through YM inc.
Pros
discount on clothes
Cons
unfriendly coworkers and unorganized magement
Fun place too work, fast paced environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON19 February 2017
Working here I was always busy, let that be with customers or keeping the store running and looking clean. I rarely had any problems with anyone while working here, it was very fun!
Pros
Good Team
Cons
Scheduling difficulties with employees
Fun and energetic
Sales Associate/Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 February 2017
I loved working at Stitches. It was fun to be there. I never dreaded going to work. The managers cared about their employees and made sure they were understanding everything they needed to.
Multitasking skills
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 January 2017
It's just like any other job, you come in do your job and leave at the end of the day. It's your typical retail store a lot of complaining customers etc.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
fun upbeat environment
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON18 May 2016
a typical day at work consists of running around helping customers, folding clothes, doing visual when needed, helping the cash line. i learned all about how to handle customer service with efficiency and properly,etc. Management is good. i personally love the management even tho sometimes they do slack a little, the employees are all very nice and helpful they always help each other when needed.
Pros
good location
Cons
breaks
very fun and was an awesome exprience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 March 2016
working there was amazing it was fun and pretty relaxed. my co workers where always there to help when I first started. I enjoyed every single one of them, they made me feel part of the team.
the management was very understanding and always made me feel important to the company. the hardest part of the job was making the costumer's understand the company polices. but we always made them feel like there loyalty to us is important. the most enjoyable part would have to be meet all the costumer's, and talking with them making them feel very commutable with us.
Interactive retail sales environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 March 2013
-Administered ongoing training and technical support to part-time sales associates
-Assisted with completion of monthly supply order
-Prepared and processed weekly schedule and payroll
-Planned and prioritized multiple tasks simultaneously
-Analyzed and evaluated team members’ daily maintenance efforts
-Increased daily productivity by harnessing and inspiring available workforce
-Promoted current products and promotions
-Thought critically and acted logically to evaluate situations and take appropriate actions involving customers and/or sales associates
- supportive management team who help to develop and continuously improve retail sales skills of members of their sales team
-time management
-multi-tasking
-worked with a devoted and dynamic sales team
Pros
great staff and management, constructive feedback
Cons
possibly long hours
Fun work place with a great management team and staff.
Sales Associate/ cashier (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON24 August 2016
Coworkers were one of the best parts of this job for me they made the day go so much easier just by how closely we bonded.
I loved working the floor as well and being able to greet and chat with different people on a daily basis was a great bonus too.,
Pros
Discount on clothing!
Cons
Computers were slow and quite out of date
Overall positive experience.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 October 2015
The company provides good room for growth and advancement. Managers are given a fair amount of direct control over internal issues, and are able to maintain positive outcomes and a dedicated team as a result. Timely communication between management employees and corporate offices could be much better.
Pros
Training & development
Cons
Salary
Volunteer work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC19 October 2016
I used this as volunteer work, learning ways on how retail works and learning how to use a cash register, highly recommended job.
alright
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 May 2016
Stitches was a very fun place to work at, the hours were nice. and they would let you leave early if you had an apt. if you had a injury they would care very much
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
very long hours
Now called Bluenotes', not the best place to work.
key holder (Current Employee) –  Camrose albertaa2 March 2015
The store has recently been changed to one of stitches sister store bluenotes'. On a regular day its an ok place to work, you help customers, you do cash, and you clean. There are a lot of cons to working here though. You have no sick time, it doesn't matter how sick you are if you cant find a replacement, then you go to work. There is no benefits, no promotions, and no recognition for the work you do. As a stiches employee I was promoted to a keyholder, the district manager appreciated me and the things I did for the store. As bluenotes I lost my promotion, and I was told I make to much money. My hours have been cut, and they change all the time. The best part about my day is working with my co-workers, they are the most friendly people I have ever worked with. And helping customers. I love working in the retail field and helping customers.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
no benefits, no hours, no sick time
The Stitches Work Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON24 May 2013
A typical day at stitches; interacting with customers, stocking new merchandise, there was always a positive and welcoming atmosphere, continuously learning about the company and their products. The management team always encouraged the employees to work hard and made us feel like we were a part of a team when making decisions. The majority of my previous coworkers brought positive energy to the workplace. I would say the hardest part of the job would have to be encountering the few ignorant and irrational customers, other than that the job was a breeze. What I most enjoyed about working at stitches was working with my coworkers on the holiday hours.
Pros
Working With different knids of personalities (co workers)
Cons
Irrational Customers
Fun team to be apart of and learn new things with.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC9 May 2016
The job was easy to get a hang of and I was learning effective sales techniques. My co workers were easy to get along with and I felt comfortable talking to them even though we had just met. The job was fairly easy to grasp and If I ever needed help I was able to ask questions freely. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to meet new people and spark a new conversation with someone I've never met before.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Short Shifts
productive, interesting fun environment
Sales Associate / Cashier (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON19 May 2016
Prepare stock to be placed in the show room
Assist customers with their needs when shopping in the store
Answer any questions customers may have about certain products or anything in particular that has to do with return policies etc
Learned how to problem solve in difficult situations
Co-workers are great team members,
The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be is meeting new people and helping the customers leave satisfied
Fast paced and fun enviroment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 October 2012
Stitches is a incredibly fast paced, lot of work enviroment. I learned most of my experiene from working here. I gained experience with visual, management and customer service in the retail enviroment. Although there was more visiual management then there was customer service you were always busy and there was always customers. Stitches strives on apperance because thier customers flow in anyways so having staff more focusted on helping customer and mainting NCO multi-tasking is the best way for most of the stores to opperate. However the store is very messy because there are so many customers coming in at a time it was hard to maintain the tables and walls of the store so alot of time was focused on consistantly having clean tables and walls. The best part of the job was always staying busy and focused. The hardest part of the job was trying to multi task and maintain while making sure everyone else was focused.
Pros
always keeping busy
Cons
A great job, with many great learning experiences
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 April 2016
This was a great job, and there were many pros when working there. I enjoyed myself, and did not feel to rushed or anything while on the job. The managers took there time with me and allowed me to learn everything at my own pace. I can't say I remember any cons, but I do remember sometimes wanting more shifts, still I was away from home most of my time working there, and so that was a difficult situation it its self.
Pros
Environment, Staff, Team, Pace, Workload
Cons
Shifts

80%