Stitches

Stitches Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), HamiltonJuly 13, 2015
A typical day at work was being on cash and helping multiple customers find an outfit for a night out or a day at the beach, this involved helping them find clothing they knew they wanted and giving my personal opinion on the matter
Fun and Upbeat Atmosphere to Work In
Associate Sales Representative/ Cashier (Former Employee), Milton, ONJune 29, 2015
Pros: Upbeat Environment, Energetic Music, Friendly Co Workers, Team Worker Environment
Cons: Minimum Wage, Lack of Thorough Cashier Training, Lack of General Manager and Employee Communication
I enjoyed working with Stitches, I love fashion and I enjoy helping others pick out and modify their style to increase their overall satisfaction of their shopping experience.
I love being able to dress up and model Stitches merchandise and give the customers a real idea of what our company promotes. I've had many customers compliment and ask about the clothes I wear during my shifts, so I knew that this worked and helped our customers envision what they may want to have in their closets.
I worked with a two managers in training, whom I've known for twenty years who are the most giving, inspiring and helpful people I've worked for at Stitches Clothing.
Great place to start working
Sales/Floor Staff (Former Employee), Owen Sound, ONJune 22, 2015
I loved working for stitches, wonderful clothing store before they closed down. Great first job for a high school student
Work.Work. Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 16, 2015
Pros: 50% off
Come in, get settle, get to work. Interacting with customers was the best part of the job. Folding and picking up things got tiring. Manager was great. I learned to stay patient at all times.
The most fun you can have going to work
Sales Associate and Key Holder (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONMay 25, 2015
I loved working at stitches the staff were phenomenal! I enjoyed the responsibility of opening and closing the store. I enjoyed the ever changing styles that were displayed in the store. Helping customers finding what they were looking for while on a budget.
Manager (Current Employee), Regina, SKMay 6, 2015
It's been a great experience. I have learned a lot of tremendous amount of knowledge about Retail, Sales, Customer services.
fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 31, 2015
Fun and outgoing managers and co-workers. It is a communications job so don't expect customers to act all the same.

The hardest part about the job just like any other retail store is having patience when a customer is being disrespectful
Productive and fun workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Supported team
Cons: Temporary job
Normal day at work with a good team always. Good management and the great part is when you help a customer find what he is looking for..
Now called Bluenotes', not the best place to work.
key holder (Current Employee), Camrose albertaaMarch 2, 2015
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: no benefits, no hours, no sick time
The store has recently been changed to one of stitches sister store bluenotes'. On a regular day its an ok place to work, you help customers, you do cash, and you clean. There are a lot of cons to working here though. You have no sick time, it doesn't matter how sick you are if you cant find a replacement, then you go to work. There is no benefits, no promotions, and no recognition for the work you do. As a stiches employee I was promoted to a keyholder, the district manager appreciated me and the things I did for the store. As bluenotes I lost my promotion, and I was told I make to much money. My hours have been cut, and they change all the time. The best part about my day is working with my co-workers, they are the most friendly people I have ever worked with. And helping customers. I love working in the retail field and helping customers.
Fun overall
Sales Associate/ Assistant Visual Manager (Current Employee), Barrie, ONMarch 2, 2015
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: lack of hours, full timers slack and leave their responsibilites to part timers
I learned how to deal with customers and their complaints. Job overall is fun and laid back. If I were to rate it: Job 8/10, cleanliness 6/10, co-workers 6/10, management 3/10.
Productive and great environment to work in
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: good breaks, good communication
Cons: seasonal work
Working at Stitches in the Lansdowne mall was great. Unfortunately it was only seasonal, but I learned lots of things! I was one of the part-time sales associates so of course I had to communicate with many people. The managers and supervisors there were super polite and made sure we knew how to do things right and made it fun in the process. I learned how to keep things organized and how to work well in a group. There wasn't too many difficult things about the job besides unsatisfied customers. It can be hard to deal with them, but you have to just be polite and help them the best you can. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to work with friendly people all the time! Having great, helpful people makes you really want to come into work and work hard.
Just worked boxing day
Sales associate (Former Employee), Stoney Creek, ONJanuary 15, 2015
Enjoyed working the boxing day sale it was a wonderful experience . Really want to lean towards the sales associate world and making my work experience bigger . Enjoyed helping out the customers when they had questions and needed help in the fitting rooms and helping them out with finding what they needed . Would say the hardest part was making sure the clothing stayed neat in the store . But overall a good time.
Fun and safe job place
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: staff room, 30-60 minute breaks
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Stitches. I typically worked on cash for a majority of my shift. I learned how to help customers find exactly what they're looking for while making larger sales. I worked with a group of kind, genuine, funny people and had a well organized management team. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping customers find what they were looking for and seeing how happy they were when they found it. The hardest part of my job was having to leave due to relocation.
Okay workplace
Sale Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 6, 2014
not very great place to work. Not easy to move up in the company
Overall Good
Sales Associate/Merchandiser (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABOctober 9, 2014
Pros: nice friends, short hours, lots of laughs
Cons: bad managers, little organization
I liked working there, the other girls are very nice. A typical day was mainly jsut assisting customers and putting out new stock. I learnt alot about fashion. Management was awful. The management never helped the other co-workers. They would stand around and leave for much longer breaks then aloud whenever they wanted. The co-workers I dealt with were friendly and I still miss them sometimes. The most enjoyable part was getting to work with people close to my own age age.
Semi- organized workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: fun work environment
Cons: childish problems between associates
As a co-op student I would do stock for most my days and change rooms as those were where my skills excelled. I would also do customer service if I was needed but most my time was taken to do stock as I had four hours to finish everything. My co-workers were for the most part friendly. Of course there was problems that would be troublesome and dealt with in a manner that seemed childish. The hardest part was getting everything done in the time of four hours but I managed to accomplish that on most days that I didn't have to get out of the back room for. The most enjoyable part of this job was the customer experience for me. I loved interacting with people and helping them out.
Fun work environment
Store Manager (Former Employee), TorontoAugust 28, 2014
Pros: good company
A typical day would start with me going around the store to make Shure that everything is ok, then I would look at my list of things to be accomplished on that day, I would give directive to all employees and ask for feed back on yesterdays sales, find out how we can have a better day than yesterday. Store would be cleaned, customers would be taken care of, to the fullest degree. My main responsibility is to reach our sales goals for the day, and maintain it to the end of week.
Good company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 26, 2014
Work ethic is not the best but they do really take care of their employees.
Always looking to learn something new
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Moncton, NBAugust 8, 2014
Pros: great hours
Cons: night shifts
While at work I love being able to succeed and show my abilities however I am one who also loves having the chance to learn something new fun and exciting.
Fun Workplace
Retail Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONAugust 7, 2014
Co-workers were amazing.

A typical day at Stitches would be opening the store, greeting customers, assisting customers with merchandise.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the smiles on customers faces when they left the store. It always gave a good sense of doing good and knowing that your helping someone.

1 2 3 4