Stitches Employee Reviews

Regular Workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB15 June 2017
Put out stock, tend to customers frequently, I learned about cash and customer service, workplace culture was okay pretty stressful once new management was put into place, hardest part of my job was working on holidays, and trying to multi task while it is very busy, most enjoyable part was working in the mall.
Great Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 May 2017
typical days work i would organize and stalked shelves. Operated cash register and handled debit/ credit transactions. Assisted customers with merchandise and sizing. What i learned team work and communication are very important. everyone needs to be on the same page in order for the company to grow.
Company review
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC20 May 2017
The company is amazing to work for. Amazing merchandise and employers. I enjoyed working for Stitches for the time being that i did. I loved the working with the staff members. They taught me what i needed for the seasonal position i took.
Pros
Staff was friendly
Cons
Not enough hours
Horrible management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON10 April 2017
The management was horrible. Many inscidents happened while I was there that ended in dogs losing their life. I was left alone in the back with over 50 dogs on my first week there and got in the middle of a dog fight with two very big dogs. I ended up getting bit.
YM inc is terrably unorganized
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 February 2017
YM inc, the main company that owns stitches, blue notes, urban planet and all those places is completely unorganized. would not suggest applying for anything through YM inc.
Pros
discount on clothes
Cons
unfriendly coworkers and unorganized magement
Avis
Assistante-gérante (Former Employee) –  Granby, QC23 February 2017
Faire l'horaire des employés
Facturer les clients
Distribuer les tâches aux employés
Faire les dépôts
Faire la petite caisse
Fun place too work, fast paced environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON19 February 2017
Working here I was always busy, let that be with customers or keeping the store running and looking clean. I rarely had any problems with anyone while working here, it was very fun!
Pros
Good Team
Cons
Scheduling difficulties with employees
Fun and energetic
Sales Associate/Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 February 2017
I loved working at Stitches. It was fun to be there. I never dreaded going to work. The managers cared about their employees and made sure they were understanding everything they needed to.
Multitasking skills
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 January 2017
It's just like any other job, you come in do your job and leave at the end of the day. It's your typical retail store a lot of complaining customers etc.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
tres bien
Commis de plancher (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 November 2016
le poste est un poste que j'aime parce quwe tu apprends tes capacité de travail aussi ta vitesse et des aptitudes de travail aussi voila
Pros
organiser
Cons
dans lalune dans cest mort
Customer service oriented, fun, and challenging.
Retail Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 November 2016
A great place to work part-time with a flexible schedual unless you have management skills and a free schedule. Then there is a lot of opportunity to move higher very quickly in a competitive environment.
nice employees bad management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 November 2016
Management was very poor. Did not know how to run a retail store. Was not on time with the Paycheques and Did not respect employees.
Volunteer work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC19 October 2016
I used this as volunteer work, learning ways on how retail works and learning how to use a cash register, highly recommended job.
Fun work place with a great management team and staff.
Sales Associate/ cashier (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON24 August 2016
Coworkers were one of the best parts of this job for me they made the day go so much easier just by how closely we bonded.
I loved working the floor as well and being able to greet and chat with different people on a daily basis was a great bonus too.,
Pros
Discount on clothing!
Cons
Computers were slow and quite out of date
Quiet the Learning Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 July 2016
It was exciting for me, especially assisting customers. Its about making the customers feel welcome, and complimented at the same time.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
The location
Productive and Fast paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 July 2016
Working for Stitches is productive as it is a really fast paced environment. There is always something to do whether it is doing stock, interacting with many customers, or folding/cleaning clothes.

You work with a good/small amount of employees, so you create close relationships with each one. I have realized that there are new managers that come and go regularly due to problems and issues, but majority that I have worked with are nice to be around and they will tell you what needs to get done.

The hours are good if you have high seniority, otherwise new employees get lower hours. One thing I did not like was that most days the store is usually short-staffed for a large environment, so sometimes an employee has to do multiple jobs at once. I feel that managers focus more on tasking (getting things done) rather than presenting excellent customer service for customers.

Overall it was an enjoyable place to work for.
Pros
Always busy, nice co-workers, discount benefits.
Cons
Short staffed, constantly hiring new managers, store gets messy fast
fun
customer service to patrons (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON11 June 2016
went door to door selling chocolates to help collect money for a charity and i enjoied working with them. it was a seasonal job. i was always high up with the seals and always helped in a positive way.
alright
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 May 2016
Stitches was a very fun place to work at, the hours were nice. and they would let you leave early if you had an apt. if you had a injury they would care very much
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
very long hours
productive, interesting fun environment
Sales Associate / Cashier (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON19 May 2016
Prepare stock to be placed in the show room
Assist customers with their needs when shopping in the store
Answer any questions customers may have about certain products or anything in particular that has to do with return policies etc
Learned how to problem solve in difficult situations
Co-workers are great team members,
The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be is meeting new people and helping the customers leave satisfied
fun upbeat environment
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON18 May 2016
a typical day at work consists of running around helping customers, folding clothes, doing visual when needed, helping the cash line. i learned all about how to handle customer service with efficiency and properly,etc. Management is good. i personally love the management even tho sometimes they do slack a little, the employees are all very nice and helpful they always help each other when needed.
Pros
good location
Cons
breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stitches. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval