Stewart Weir is a diverse surveying and engineering company with a reputation that dates back as far as 1912. Our Alberta based consulting firm knows what it takes to succeed in the marketplace while supporting an outstanding team of professionals.
A new and exciting role has been created within our growing large Pipeline Division. This position will be an excellent opportunity to take your career to the next level. As the Pipeline Technologist you will have an opportunity to work closely with seasoned Project Managers as well as spend time in the field. Responsibilities include:
- Assists with the delivery of project data to pipeline clients. Reports to Manager, Pipelines Operations.
- Track and monitor project costs using various excel spread sheets.
- Update project crossings lists on a daily basis.
- Maintains and updates the pipeline procedures manual.
- Provides field support on major pipeline projects. Required to perform Data Processing, GIS, Digital Mapping, Surveying, GPS, CAD, MicroSurvey, Excel and Civil 3D Design work.
- Support QMS through the use and practice of the QMS policies, procedures, forms and best practices.
- Ensure the corporate safety program is followed.
- Review and check pipeline project drawings.
- Provide assistance to project managers on a daily basis.
- Deliver project tracking, status and forecasting reports on time.
- Review and markup pipeline construction drawings. Includes base maps, crossings, ownership sketches, spread sheets and access maps.
- Post-secondary education in a related engineering technology field.
- Sound Mapping and GIS knowledge
- Knowledge of surveying, drafting, global navigation satellite systems, spatial databases, map projections, civil 3D design, control surveys, MicroSurvey, web programming, digital mapping, digital cartography, terrain modeling, ArcGis, Word, Excel and technical communications.
- Excellent leadership, communications, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel for client, project and SWCL requirements.
- Able to relocate to Alberta (Sherwood Park) for the duration of the term.
- Great corporate culture, very team orientated and friendly environment
- Student Incentive Program.
- Opportunity for advancement
- Excellent benefits program which includes a health spending account for permanent staff.
- Rewarding and challenging projects
Indeed - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard