Stewart Weir is a diverse surveying and engineering company with a reputation that dates back as far as 1912. Our Alberta based consulting firm knows what it takes to succeed in the marketplace while supporting an outstanding team of professionals.
Field Supervisors- Pipeline Division,
Stewart Weir's Pipeline Division manages large multi-million dollar large- inch pipeline projects. Stewart Weir is seeking Field Supervisors or seasoned Field Crew Chiefs with pipeline experience who are looking to grow their career to that next level.
Supervising up to fourteen people, the Field Supervisor will direct and liaise with construction management. Key duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Supervise all survey personnel involved in a pipeline project efficiently and cost effectively.
- Execute field Geomatics and Engineering projects according to instructions provided by the Client, Project Manager and manager of Pipeline Operations.
- Ensure staff has required safety training on the safe operations of all types of survey related equipment.
- Obtain, prepare and review all construction drawings, contract requirements, field data, legal plans, control sketches, base maps, and boundary files.
- Prepare progress tracking and forecasting of work and costs for the project.
- Review and approve daily time reports and weekly summaries.
- Ensure all team members are following the correct procedure for completing the field and office work.
- Liaise with clients in an effort to build relationships and ensure all client expectations are managed and met.
- Related post-secondary education from a recognized technical school and ten years of experience as a senior Crew Chief OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong computer skills with required software packages (Microsoft Word, Excel and AutoCAD)
- Ability and willingness to travel for client and project requirements.
- Ownership of your own schedule
- Career advancement opportunities
- Top pay for qualified candidates
- Secure, stable and long-term projects
We are an equal opportunity employer, ISO certified and committed to achieving the extraordinary. We are looking for a good fit with our corporate culture. Someone who values work/life balance, likes to be challenged in their career, and a passion for what they do
Stewart Weir provides a great working environment, family –type atmosphere, and places value on a work/life balance.
Stewart Weir & Co. makes the transition from partnership to limited company. It officially becomes Stewart Weir & Co. Ltd., and Charlie Weir...