Opus Stewart Weir is a diverse Surveying and Engineering company. We are currently seeking Survey Assistants to join our team in our Engineering Division. The position will be based out of our Terrace office.
The primary purpose of this position is to assist the Survey Crew Chief in executing the field survey on engineering projects according to the instruction provided by the client, project director, and project manager. The Survey Assistant's role will take day-to-day direction from the Survey Crew Chief.
- Assist the Crew Chief with day to day operations including measuring angles and distances, locating and establishing survey monuments, marking property boundaries, locating and marking underground facilities.
- Organization and housekeeping of tools, equipment and materials at project sites and in crew vehicles.
- Participate in and assist with safety meetings, hazard assessments and safe work procedures. Perform basic survey note keeping without supervision. Undertake, document and report safety hazard asssessments for field working days, safety meetings, etc.
- Excellent earning potential,
- Competitive pay and subsistence.
- Opportunity for advancement.
- Permanent and stable work.
- Excellent benefits program which includes a health spending account.
- Degree or Diploma from a recognized technical school is preferred .
- Ability to take direction and communicate effectively.
- An understanding of survey methodologies.
Indeed - 9 months ago
Pipeline & Integrity Projects
- 2 hours ago