We currently have a vacancy at our Grande Prairie Alberta office for Materials Testing Technologist in our Engineering Department. This position would be a temporary position with the opportunity to turn into full time for the right candidate. The primary purpose of this position is to provide project Materials Testing requirements, project deliverables, and accurate reports back to the Project Director/Project Manager on projects and the Materials/Lab Supervisor in a timely manner.
- Provide quality Materials Testing for each project’s requirements; ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Perform tests of soil, concrete and asphalt in field and laboratory conditions
- Prepare and Submit testing reports.
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Valid Driver’s Licenses
- Experience in field and lab Material Testing including soil, concrete and asphalt.
- Technical diploma in Civil and/or Geotechnical Engineering or Earth Sciences.
- Strong Computer skills with Microsoft Excel.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of regulations, specifications, and test procedures pertaining to construction.
Indeed - 18 months ago