STEWART TITLE

STEWART TITLE Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Prductive
Escrow Officer (Former Employee), Liberty, MOAugust 25, 2014
Pros: co-workers and friendships that were built
Cons: moving from office to office and not having everything you needed or not having the help.
It was a great place to work. The co-works would help when you needed it. The hardest part was I would cover other officers when the employee went on vacation and had to pick up files and figure out what was going on with each one of them.
Poor Work Environment
Receptionist/Escrow Assistant (Former Employee), Midland, TXJuly 28, 2014
Pros: free coffee, pay
Cons: no healthcare, poor environment
I was an escrow assistant. I didn't really mind my work, but they didn't ever trust me with anything important. Everyone else hated their job and complained all the time. I was always put down for being young, and it got to me after a while.
Fast pace and forever changing place to work with great co-workers
Loss Mitigation Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 17, 2014
Pros: great insurance, close to home and great co-workers
Cons: there is no room for advancement, the break room is too small for the number of employees
A work day at Stewart will be busy from 8 to 5 it's a strick and a high pace place to work, My co-workers are great I really enjoy being around them, The hardest part of the job is not knowing when a project is going to end because that means they are going to lay off, I have been there for over two years and there has been six lay offs. I have learn – more... to work in an environment that changes week by week. The management team are not as visible as most companies we have leads they are learning as they go so we help each other. – less
My review will provide a detailed look at a new system implementation project and was designed and developed based off High-Level Workflows. NO-BR.
Executive Project Manager/BA (Current Employee), Coppell, TXJuly 10, 2014
Pros: able to facilitate several jad sessions to capture business requirements and system solution.
Cons: about 75% f/t emp who had wrkd on project for years, were laid off; new f/t emp. laid off within weeks.
Started a new job as an Executive Project Manager Pre/Post Implementation, start date Oct 29, 2013. This project required implementing a brand new system; install date 12/2/2013. Only one client was migrated to the new system. Mid-November as I'm begin to coordinate basic system navigation for each system module. At this point, it was discovered that – more... the business community had no insight or input on the new system's design. In place of business requirements, the system was designed and developed using High-Level Workflows by business group. NOTE: The architect indicated the limited information required that he'd make his best guess on data analysis, mapping, etc.

Needless to say, the Executive & Sr Management staff called an emergency meeting to discuss how this occurred and how to move forward. Idea 1: My Manager-VP Development: suggested that end users will perform dual entry, but ensuring the old system must have entries as it will continue to be the system of record. Additionally, at the end of the day, Sr Management would have a daily report providing a one-to-one comparison indicating the accuracy of the new system. I was not included in the meeting this; thus, unaware of agreement on delivering a daily report of one-to-one comparison.

SR Management required a mandatory meeting two days from present date in Houston. Prior to this meeting, I requested my manager to not commit to the dual-entry approach with the promise of providing an easy to read one-to-one comparison from each system. He became quite upset, indicated I'm being naked. I asked that he allow me to share a couple-three reasons we don't want to commit to such deliverable. 1. The manager of the business group has not been involved, therefore, we're going to ask her to require her team performs a dual entry of ALL transactions, etc in the old system and new system. My thoughts are, her group spends the entire day working in one system. We're going to ask them to perform dual entry in another system users are unfamiliar with. They're not sure of how the fields & values map from one system to the other. New functionality exist in new system that's not in the old; making it complicated for end users to commit to such plan. 2. To remedy, we can bring on contractors to take the data entered into old system and enter into the new system. I recommended we not take this route since the business has had no input on the design on the new system functionality. 3. Final recommendation is to move forward to deploying new system and keeping existing system as system of record. This approach required some additional in-depth training to each business unit. and their teams. From there, the system would be deployed and a staff of over 39 people were on the project, during implementation phase, to initially, verify the data migration between the two systems. There were quite a few discrepancies, etc.; however, after the third data migration the team was comfortable enough that we could move on to other Critical/High issues. Each business unit would send an email to a created email box indicating issues they've found.

Initially, this was a tough task. However, it was a time that JAD sessions were done to discuss business requirements and system requirements. During these sessions business requirements were gathered. The Executive staff begin to speak up on the project having so many members and already over 1.5 past due. As a result, one person was assigned full-time to the project and he did not know all of the business processes to system modules. As a result; I suggested to my boss that we begin to have more of a controlled setting of issues by business unit to system module. This reduces the development team having to work on multiple different areas of the system depending on business unit the JAD session was held. My thoughts were, we can better manage and better assess & identify system design changes. We work with each business unit one at a time in a controlled setting to gather business requirements/needs, convey how system currently works and where necessary research the system changes. I suspect these JAD sessions to be done in 4-6 weeks.

Unfortunately, the Exec staff reallocated the project's budget. As a result 75% of the people that worked on the project, even as long as year or so ago, were let go.

There was no discussion with me prior to my manager communicating this method to some members of Sr Management.

The Executive and Sr. Management began to ask some "how did this happen" question. question scheduling the basic navigation training by each system module to business function.

I was one included in the team that was laid off. Even though I believe I provided exceptional acumen to business for such A LARGE project that was installed without business input. I also learned that the IT team did not have BA only SAs. The development department is relatively new. – less
Everchanging
Post- Closing Specialist/ Accounting Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 18, 2014
Pros: jeans during the spring & summer months
Cons: distance, no raises, average benefits
Stewart is ever-changing, Employees leave consistently. Management implemented changes sporadically without compassion or input from their staff. There are no promotions, nor raises. Quarterly bonuses were eliminated. There is no SOP (standard operating procedures) for training in place. The work load is heavy; additional tasks other than what you were – more... hired on for was added to your current duties. One will be able to sharpen their current skills through self-training. On occasion the environment was enjoyable if you were assigned to a good supervisor/manager. The job tasks/duties were very manageable if you’re an introvert. The hardest part was the location; three or more hours in traffic, the benefits, were average and No Raises. Allowed to wear jeans during the summer spring and summer months. – less
Good company to work for
Trust Account Clerk (Former Employee), Riverside, CAMay 28, 2014
Pros: family oriented company
Cons: shrinkage of office personnel
Typical day was making sure all funds go to the proper account and making sure both escrow and title have knowledge. Also making sure that payoffs are aware for proper distribution of funds. Learning process was quick and received promotion immediately. Management was always there in need of either job or home. Made sure employees enjoyed their positions – more... within the company. Loved my co-workers and employment there became family oriented. Hardest part of job was the the dissolution of our department. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people, and the work and the fun things the company did as a group in our office. – less
...
Systems Analyst / Project Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 19, 2014
They sell home owners refinance and mortgage titles. Nice area of town.
Great place to work and be part of the community
Escrow Coordinator (Former Employee), Denver, COMay 19, 2014
Pros: good health insurance
Cons: stressful at times
Preparation of company closing documents and lender HUDs for real estate closings for commercial and residential properties in different counties.

In all the years in the real estate industry managing files, clients and lenders. Understanding the clients needs and wants. Having successful closings from first time home buyers and the seasoned seller – more... and buyers.

Management changed over the years with the changing economy.

Co-workers are a great team and all worked together when needed.

Having closings that the clients were stressed and unhappy.

Seeing first time home buyers excited about their future investment and the satisfaction of a great closing I had worked on in depth for months and years. – less
No the best employer
Loss Mitigation Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 16, 2014
Working at Stewart title there was absolutely no room for growth. The job culture was stressful, the employer was concerned about quantity over quality.
N/A
National Relocation Coordinator (Current Employee), Frisco, TXMay 13, 2014
Need more advancement opportunities. The salary should compensate the required work for the job.
Good environment
Principal BA / Software Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 13, 2014
Pros: management really take care of there people
Very nice place to work, friendly coworkers and if you do your job...you succeed
Fast paced environment.
National Relocation Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 5, 2014
Enjoyable place to work, but minimal pay raises. Many lateral moves. Management promotes friends.
Good
Systems Administrator (Current Employee), houston, texasMay 1, 2014
I have been working here for 5 years now. Very busy, lots of work to be done.
Good company.
Fun Work Environment
Relocation Coordinator (Former Employee), Fulshear, TXApril 30, 2014
Liked the people that I worked with. Everyone worked as a team to get things done proficiently.
Stewart
Escrow Processor (Former Employee), Coppell, TX.April 23, 2014
Great place to work, team atmosphere. I would go into work, start up the computer, check email and then organize your work for the day starting with what has the highest priority or the quickest deadline.
Was a good place to work when I was there
Escrow Officers' Assistant (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARApril 7, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: new upper management
They cared about their workers and the people was great! I miss that place. Christmas bonus and room to grow.
great place to work.
Title Assistant (Former Employee), Glendale, CAMarch 25, 2014
I enjoyed my time working at Stewart and will always have remember all who contributed to the success of the company
overall a great company to work for.
Quality Control Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 27, 2014
A typical day at Stewart good be very relaxing and very tedious and redundant. Very little supervision overall it was ok.
Productive and fun place to work
Residential and Builder title examiner (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: overall great company
Cons: can't think of one. again, regret leaving this company
I should have never left this company. Great corporate culture. Good benefits!
Enjoyed the time I worked at Stewart Title!
Escrow Assistant (Former Employee), Auburn, CAJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: being noticed for doing a good job
Cons: need to fit in breaks and lunches
It seems as once 8am struck at opening at Stewart Title to me it was like the stock market went crazy. The phones start ringing, clients came in for signings, emails to respond to, and the list goes on!

This is the action I seem to thrive on. I like all the action that takes place in this type of work.

I refreshed my escrow skills when I was back – more... at Stewart in May of 2013. Co workers were easy to work with. There was no hardest part of the job, you just learn all the time.

The most enjoyable was having recordings and clients come in to pick up checks or keys to their new home, and how excited they are. Not only that the comments they make of how happy they are and how we did a great job!! – less

1 2 3

About STEWART TITLE

Stewart Information Services is happy to have a place in that mountain of papers to sign whenever real estate changes hands. The – Read more