Stewart Title Guaranty Company Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
Escrow Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV19 June 2017
Typical days work was typing notes and deed of trust along with lender instructions and teaching escrow officers how to prepare them.

I was then moved over to the Builder Service Department, which was new to me and loved working with the builders.

The hardest part was taking a vacation, but when the Escrow Manager told me she would handle my desk I agreed.

The most enjoyable was the once a month get togethers
Pros
Management, employees
Corporate Greed Prevails
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX14 May 2017
Stewart Title was once a family run company that seemed to value it's employees. Now that the company has been sold and publicly traded, the company is in shambles. HQ management use intimidation and the priority is profits over people. It is a disgraceful company that lacks innovation and no longer cares about providing excellent customer service. The new investors destroyed the culture and are devoid of any ethics or morals.
Pros
Cons
Upper Managment and BOD in Houston lack any shred of character and integrity.
Mediocre at best
Title Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL6 May 2017
Polished on outside mediocre at best on inside. False perception. Horrendous management. No title experience is evident. This is company is a betting company false promises and noone in upper management has any sort of title experience nor title background.
Pros
Great Peers
Cons
Horrendous Management
Verifications
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bay St1 May 2017
Great workplace, great management. The place is wonderful and the people in the office are great and positive. managers are awesome and patient. Training is provided
I love my job.
Escrow Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX10 April 2017
The people I work with are like family to me. The training resources are impeccable and the pay is competitive. I need extra work because the cost of living in Austin in exorbitant and my living situation has suddenly changed without warning.
Pros
People
Cons
long hours in the summer
Company review
Title Processor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, fl7 April 2017
Was amazing company to work for. Was charged a processing all bank-owned properties files title related issues. I handled all previewing HUD statements and approving them prior to closing. I was laid off and a general layoff with the company. I enjoyed working for this company very good work ethic and on top of good pay. What's a Fortune 500 company on the Dow Jones rated number one Title Company in the USA. Bowers we're good co-workers were very pleasant to work with. Staff was helpful and on top of we were a family company.
the peers I worked with were great people the people I was working with were nice people
Title Assistant/Examiner (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CA31 March 2017
the company seems like a good company but to me it seems like Stewart title can take advantage of one. I was there for over two years I never had any vacation days that was hard for me
Pros
small office I worked in people I worked with were great!
Cons
the end of the month the escrow side seemed like they were always stressed out
Only if you have no other choice!
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Texas20 February 2017
Stewart was a great place to work at maybe.....over 20 years ago. The old saying time brings about a change is TRUE. Please only work here if you have no other choice in which I think many people are doing. Management-once upon a time you could walk in a speak what was on your heart without being judged for it...now, what you say doesn't matter. People that worked there cannot be trusted-they will throw you under the bus to take the light off them (constantly). Upper management seems to have a blind eye to what is going on in the office or they do know and do not care. There is no longer any job security-Stewart will let you got to save a buck and will outsource like changing drawers. You always had that feeling, is today the day? Employee morale was low and they could care less about how you felt. Even if you did your job and did it exceptionally well, they always found a way to point out what you lacked as an employee. They will add more work to your job title without any compensation.-don't even think about asking-you will never get an answer. They will love you, then they will show you their true colors. Just choose wisely before you work here. Make it your last choice.
Pros
None-JUST DONT-no raises-no bonuses-no nothing-just a paycheck
Cons
Management is lacking intergrity-liars
Co-workers were very nice and helpful
Valuation Processor (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DE21 January 2017
Good Company, growth for individuals slow.
Employees very nice, everyone works as a team.
Must have understanding of appraisals, and work with appraisers on a daily basis.
Pros
worked as a team
Cons
cubicles
Petty adults and no management
Appraisal Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DE20 January 2017
The work was easy, if you are trained properly which is typically not the case. People you shadow to train with all tell you different things and then you get report cards against you for doing what you were trained do. Management is terrible, you go to them with concerns and they make you feel like you are an idiot but the minions all see the same problems. Everyone talks about each other behind everyones backs, management and supervisors included. Extremely unprofessional workplace. Save yourself time and do not take a job at this location, it is a revolving door and once business slows down they will just get rid of you.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Management, poor training
Nothing long term
Appraiser Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DE11 January 2017
Your typical day at work has a set routine and very boring. Co-workers always complained and talk about each other behind their back. No structured training. Management is very disengaged and poor communication. By far worst company I've worked for. The only enjoyable thing was an hour lunch. Long story short i quit.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
management
interactive learning environment
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VA3 January 2017
getting to go to many luncheons multiple times a week interacting with big names in the business. learning paperwork such as deeds of trusts and invoicing. huge learning opportunity within a short 6 weeks.
Pros
free luncheons, speakers, learning everything you can about the business
Great Company
Receptionist (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO27 December 2016
I worked her as a Temp to get my foot in the door with Real estate. I loved it and it helped me get the experience I needed in order to move up to a full time position.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
No Benefits
Poorly managed, runs like a pyramid scheme with those at the top well taken care of
Escrow Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX8 October 2016
I read and overlooked these prior reviews when accepting a position at Stewart Title. I was a two year employee and my comments are similar to the other posts here. Being that I am a fair individual I will share both the pros and cons as objectively as possible. Based on the severity of the cons, if you are considering employment and have another offer elsewhere or the possibility of an offer elsewhere then pass on Stewart. This company is poorly managed and lacks appreciation for the core of their company, those who earn the least but responsible for most of the work.
Pros
Great insurance benefits and the overall benefit package is competitive, managers are highly compensated, upper management commission structure is good
Cons
Management style is tyranny and over compensated as lower employees do all the work, management hires family and friends prior to ever posting a position, HR covers up these practices because they are involved in it, no merit raises, most employees have negative attitudes likely due to poorly managed and unethical business culture, no real chain of command.
What I learned
Escrow Assistant/funder (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX16 July 2016
I worked as an escrow assistant/funder for a few years at Stewart Title in Houston. I had worked for them before at a different location but left that for a better location. When I applied the second time, even though I was going through an employment agency, I was given an undeserved bad comment from the past supervisor. I had no idea why as when I worked with her she seemed to like my work very much and I left on good terms with proper notice. However the new manager wisely overlooked her emotional comments and hired me where I once again did a very good job in my new position. I left to go to school full time. While I was there I enjoyed the work, had a lot to do and they were good at letting you learn new things. The pay was average and they managed the staff and work schedules fairly well. The office manager at the time was given a bad rep by many of the females there however I found him to be very reasonable and sensible and also mindful of getting the job done and done right. Maybe that was what they didn't like.
Pros
Lots of work, good opportunities, good pay
Cons
Very hectic at times
Stewart is an old, sinking ship
Worker (Former Employee) –  United States28 June 2016
Stewart has gone from a family run, honest company to a corporate greed infested cesspool. Upper management has no interest in their subordinates. They have frozen the lower income employees' salaries for 7 years. They will work you like a dog so the higher ups can continue to grub money. Layoffs are frequent and unexpected. Do not recommend.
Pros
The people Stewart hire as work horses
Cons
No work life balance, not family friendly, awful
don't work for Stewart
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Nowhere, OK19 April 2016
First off Stewart are liars their hr lady walked around firing people and intimidating employees daily. Stewart wanted employees to work on a holiday and no pay overtime the management didn't know a thing about their job one supervisor would take 2-3 hour lunches and got away with it Stewart discriminated against the non white employees. Stewart just laid off 450 people no job security and Stewart forced employees to sign a voluntary resignation form and if you didn't sign it you were fired that same day people that had been with the company 40 plus years only got .10 percent of a severance Stewart is a low down horrible company don't work there
Pros
No pros
Cons
Management pay
Dedicated worker
Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TX10 November 2015
I am a dedicated worker, love to have challenge for learning new job everyday, quick learner and great team work.
It is a great experience to work with Stewart by great management, big company with straight and clear policy, very secured work place.
Recruiting Coordiantor
Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX3 November 2015
A typical day at work is greeting employees, calling candidates for positons and setting up interviews, handling any HR inquires. I learned how to source and recruit applicants. My coworkers are nice and outgoing. My manager is awesome! She knows when to work and when we can have some free time.
Pros
hour lunches, no micromanaging, flexibility with hours
Cons
people gossip
Great Workplace with Mediocre Management
Title Specialist III (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO21 October 2015
This was one of my favorite employment opportunities, by far. However; the management was terrible. I was great at what I did, and managed one lender by myself and did quite well with the assistance that I was provided. I was hired to work the shift of 10am-7pm CST, but the training hours were 9am-6pm CST. I was then instructed to continue working the training hours to better satisfy the client. Due to daily traffic and parking issues, as well as system/time clock speed, I was not able to actually clock in to the system until 1-3 minutes after my actual start time. This was happening daily. When first coached about this issue, I had requested to alter my shift from 9am-6pm to 9:30am-6:30pm or 9:30am-6pm (with a shorter lunch), as I was informed that this was an option upon being hired. My supervisor stated that she would look into this and get back to me within the next few days. Several weeks had gone by with the same issues. I was coached again and put on a final warning. When I followed up on my request for a shift change, which was only being requested to ensure that I would be clocked in on time, I was denied this request "due to my current attendance issues". Also, I would constantly stay late to ensure that Closings would take place as scheduled, which would determine the actual loan going through as discussed by the client and the customer. This was then used against me when I was terminated, even though the client was constantly praising and thanking me for doing this to ensure the satisfaction of the customer.
Pros
Great Career Opportunity, Great benefits, Amazing salary
Cons
VERY poor management, poor coaching techniques, minimal time provided for improvement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stewart Title Guaranty Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7