Stewart Title Guaranty Company

Stewart Title Guaranty Company Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Family oriented and friendly
Legal Assistant II (Former Employee), Kansas City, MODecember 3, 2014
Pros: good people, received recognition from management.
Cons: frequent lay offs, that is all i have!!
We knew what we were supposed to do every day and even though things did not go as planned, the upper management understood and offered to assist when they were able to. Even with all the many changes everyone worked together to tune the machine, so to speak, so everyone was able to get their jobs done in an organized fashion.
Love working in this Stewart Title Guaranty Company
Legal Assistant I (Former Employee), Tollway Office, Dallas, TXNovember 10, 2014
Pros: enjoyed coming to work.
Cons: hated leaving as stated above.
Typical day at work was reading emails, setting up claims and looking up the policy information.

I learned how the claim department set up and curative title claims.

Management was the very best I have ever had.
Co-works were absolutely the greatest.

Sitting for 8 hours a day.

I loved everything about this office. I am really sad that the lay off – more... happened, but it was a reorganization of the whole claims department. – less
An honesty company to work for and to have great managers.
Quality Control/Auditor/Curative Coordinator (Former Employee), Near the GalleriaOctober 29, 2014
I enjoy going to work and assisting our clients and staff members when they are in need of assistance. I like teaching them the right way when I am tough something new. Sharing the knowledge is a must for a great team.
Productive, but TOO much favoritism, too many cheifs not enough Indians
Customer service (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 22, 2014
Pros: free lunch at month end, laid back atmosphere
Cons: horrible insurance, only smokers get 15min brakes, told to bring your lunch so you don't have to leave for lunch
Love the company as a whole, but absolutely no room for advancement. Bonuses taken away, reviews are required but no raises since... Management hires mostly family/friends first, where as staff is told there are no openings. Assistant to management associates with staff, not acceptable when it comes to confidentiality. Non workets get away with everything, – more... while actually working ppl get blamed for everything. You have been warned, you DO NOT want to work here – less
Reo
Lenders Services (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 11, 2014
Don't even think about it! After a 30 year career in the title industry I don't think I can ever walk into another title company. Management has no clue..it is not okay to beat people down.
Stewart Title
National Title Closing Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 1, 2014
At Stewart title I prepared documents for closure. Created filing system. Scanned and collated documents as needed. Worked with multi-site projects containing up to 300-400 commitments
Got along with everyone.
Examiner (Former Employee), Winter Park, FLMay 6, 2014
When working for a company, a learned my job and duties to the best of my ability and required little or no supervision. After being there for a while, I was usually the employee that trained all new employees. No problem getting along with all fellow employees as well as the management. I took a lot of pride in my work and would never let anything – more... leave my desk without reviewing it a second time. I was a very organized employee. I really enjoyed working with numbers and handling cash. Cash drawers always balanced without a problem. If there was anything difficult about my position, I would strive even harder to master the requirements. – less
Don't do it.
Receptionist (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 25, 2014
Very moody environment. Fake personalities and you can tell they all hate their job. Unless youre a rich snob, then you won't fit in.
Lonely
Administrative Assistant/Claims Counsel Assistant (Former Employee), San Juan, PRMarch 20, 2014
I have mixed feelings about working for them. I learned so many things but it was because I had initiative. Long hours every day without compensation.
Stable Company
National Closing Coordinator (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 14, 2013
Stewart has a lot of opportunities for growth and appreciates their employees for their hard work and diligence. A laid back and successful company in which I enjoyed working for and would not mind working for again.
Too much favoritism in the workplace and not enough office space to accomodate everyone.
Data Control Specialist I (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 9, 2012
Pros: learning a new kind of law, lunch ordered frequently, flexible schedule
Cons: pay rate, no advancement
Everyday was the same protocol regarding of claim retrieval, processing, posting, correspondence and reception duties. Real estate law, title insurance, the entire process of claims from filing to settlements.
Upon being hired, the woman who was my manager up until November 2011 was flexible, open-minded, kind, and understanding as well as very encouraging – more... and supportive when learning new tasks.
Hardest part of the job was that the expectations were almost impossible to reach especially when experiencing a backlog of work and not being able to get caught up for a few days.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the entire claim process and what it entailed. – less