Stewart Title Guaranty Company Employee Reviews

Great company & work environment
Financial Reporting Manager (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PR30 September 2017
Laid-off in 2009 due to mortgage industry crisis. Company underwent a re-organization and my Region dept in Tampa office was eliminated. Great work environment, benefits and excellent working team. I would still be there if it wasn't for the reorganization. Still, through all that job eliminations they handled it professionally, transparent and were very supportive.
Fun and great workplace
Title Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CA29 September 2017
Great Environment to work in, great managers and co-workers.. learned a lot of work aspects.. the hardest part is the drive and traffic other than that it a great experience.
A typical day
Commercial Processor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA29 August 2017
A typical day is met with the lack of a data entry system, semi-paperless environment, double-checking everyone's work, lack of training. Constant back and forth with employees who are lazy and lack accountability.
Zero support from management coupled with highly stressed co-workers made Stewart Title a horrible work experience for me.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OH18 August 2017
Terrible management. Do not care for employees well being. The onboarding process was a struggle!
Zero training. Yelled at by coworkers!! Ten hour work days are not valued at all by those arriving mid morning who never work overtime. Few work horses, the rest are too busy socializing to care. Very cliquey. No constructive feedback on job performance. Management discussed job performance with work peers not employee. I received work based evaluation from temp who wanted to take my job. This was known by management. Typical back biting and gossip experienced from first week through entire employment.
Not a great place to work if you value your home life and are married.
Pros
Interesting and high demand job
Cons
Poor management, very cliquey, no positive feedback, no constructive feedback. Terrible HR...no employee on boarding support.
Please refer to my resume.
Banking and Automation Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, Texas 770562 August 2017
Please refer to my resume as it contains all of the required information. I had a very rewarding job and worked with a wonderful staff on many projects over my long career.
Company is unstable
Policy Processor (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GA27 July 2017
I enjoyed the work but my job was outsourced. I was able to complete by work with minimum supervision. The home office is in Houston, TX. Company is being restructured.
Management has no clue
Escrow Officer (Former Employee) –  Arizona24 July 2017
The laughing stock of the industry and getting worse. Used to be an awesome company but going downhill fast and management is not capable of fixing the issues. Say goodbye to Stewart.
Company has changed over the years
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX11 July 2017
Stewart use to be the best Title company in the industry to work for, but for the past 5 years there has been so many changes in upper management and unconcern for the associates.
Pros
Company Benefits
Cons
I will not comment
Laid back atmosphere
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CT10 July 2017
Stewart is a relaxed and easy workplace that maintains a professional atmosphere. The managers and higher level executives are all personable and friendly while maintaining an air of authority. I thoroughly enjoyed my time working there.
Great company to work for
Escrow Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV19 June 2017
Typical days work was typing notes and deed of trust along with lender instructions and teaching escrow officers how to prepare them.

I was then moved over to the Builder Service Department, which was new to me and loved working with the builders.

The hardest part was taking a vacation, but when the Escrow Manager told me she would handle my desk I agreed.

The most enjoyable was the once a month get togethers
Pros
Management, employees
Cons
A workplace culture that is not for everyone.
Other (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX4 June 2017
Nice, company, good pay and benefits, but I never felt like I fit in. It was difficult to achieve work goals, goals continually changed. There was a lot of change going on within the organization and it wasn't for me.
A day at work
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL19 May 2017
Mostly my day is pretty boring since when answering phones im not allowed to give any information without permission unless i ask whoever is working on the project. The hardest part of my job is finding something to actually do, since there's not much for me to do all day i mostly just sit at my desk and do nothing. I would rather be in an environment where i'm actually doing something and having fun enjoying what i'm doing.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
the commute to work
Corporate Greed Prevails
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX14 May 2017
Stewart Title was once a family run company that seemed to value it's employees. Now that the company has been sold and publicly traded, the company is in shambles. HQ management use intimidation and the priority is profits over people. It is a disgraceful company that lacks innovation and no longer cares about providing excellent customer service. The new investors destroyed the culture and are devoid of any ethics or morals.
Pros
Cons
Upper Managment and BOD in Houston lack any shred of character and integrity.
Mediocre at best
Title Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL6 May 2017
Polished on outside mediocre at best on inside. False perception. Horrendous management. No title experience is evident. This is company is a betting company false promises and noone in upper management has any sort of title experience nor title background.
Pros
Great Peers
Cons
Horrendous Management
Verifications
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bay St1 May 2017
Great workplace, great management. The place is wonderful and the people in the office are great and positive. managers are awesome and patient. Training is provided
I love my job.
Escrow Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX10 April 2017
The people I work with are like family to me. The training resources are impeccable and the pay is competitive. I need extra work because the cost of living in Austin in exorbitant and my living situation has suddenly changed without warning.
Pros
People
Cons
long hours in the summer
Company review
Title Processor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, fl7 April 2017
Was amazing company to work for. Was charged a processing all bank-owned properties files title related issues. I handled all previewing HUD statements and approving them prior to closing. I was laid off and a general layoff with the company. I enjoyed working for this company very good work ethic and on top of good pay. What's a Fortune 500 company on the Dow Jones rated number one Title Company in the USA. Bowers we're good co-workers were very pleasant to work with. Staff was helpful and on top of we were a family company.
the peers I worked with were great people the people I was working with were nice people
Title Assistant/Examiner (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CA31 March 2017
the company seems like a good company but to me it seems like Stewart title can take advantage of one. I was there for over two years I never had any vacation days that was hard for me
Pros
small office I worked in people I worked with were great!
Cons
the end of the month the escrow side seemed like they were always stressed out
Only if you have no other choice!
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Texas20 February 2017
Stewart was a great place to work at maybe.....over 20 years ago. The old saying time brings about a change is TRUE. Please only work here if you have no other choice in which I think many people are doing. Management-once upon a time you could walk in a speak what was on your heart without being judged for it...now, what you say doesn't matter. People that worked there cannot be trusted-they will throw you under the bus to take the light off them (constantly). Upper management seems to have a blind eye to what is going on in the office or they do know and do not care. There is no longer any job security-Stewart will let you got to save a buck and will outsource like changing drawers. You always had that feeling, is today the day? Employee morale was low and they could care less about how you felt. Even if you did your job and did it exceptionally well, they always found a way to point out what you lacked as an employee. They will add more work to your job title without any compensation.-don't even think about asking-you will never get an answer. They will love you, then they will show you their true colors. Just choose wisely before you work here. Make it your last choice.
Pros
None-JUST DONT-no raises-no bonuses-no nothing-just a paycheck
Cons
Management is lacking intergrity-liars
Co-workers were very nice and helpful
Valuation Processor (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DE21 January 2017
Good Company, growth for individuals slow.
Employees very nice, everyone works as a team.
Must have understanding of appraisals, and work with appraisers on a daily basis.
Pros
worked as a team
Cons
cubicles