stewarding Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great job
on gate security (Former Employee), derbyMay 13, 2015
even though it was a a temp job it was enjoyable and met a wider range of people the days where slow but management kept you motivated.
Life as a dishwasher!!!
Steward (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 6, 2015
My life as Steward was very fast paced. Every time I went in to work I always had something to do. Whether it was working on the Queen Mary's or cleaning dishes in the main kitchens. the thing I loved learning about the Hyatt was is that Stewards are the backbone of the company an that's what made proud to be a steward. I also enjoyed working with management and co-workers. Anytime I had a question they would answer it quickly So that we could get back to work.
Productiv workplace
Team Leader (Current Employee), Edinburgh,Sheraton Grand HotelDecember 20, 2014
Pros: free lunch, lot of good benefits
It is a very busy workplace with the nice benefits.Always the "save the money"is the key words.Less people and more job...
very interesting place to work.wine celler with pool tabel.
Assist customers (Former Employee), 101 South Shore Rd,Southampton,BermudaNovember 19, 2014
Pros: discount on jet ski.
Cons: meetings.
one restaurant was said to have ghosts and many stalf who learnt this history was sceptical about working there.even i had encountered thrilling expriences.i was introduce to alot of different people for the first time.Portugees Philippinoes etc.i learnt how to speak a little Romanian.the hardest part was cleaning vents.especially if it haven't been cleaned in a long time.thats why i prefure my own kitchen so bi can stay on top of it.
Fun and Fulfilling
Steward (Former Employee), Hope, WLSSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: free lunch, free festival entry, social, short shifts
Cons: sometimes uneventful
for each day with a group of stewards, we had to organize car parking, litter pick and give directions to events and places to people there. After picking up litter for hours on end, i am a much tidier person and never litter. I also feel a lot more social now that i was helping a community with a friendly atmosphere. the management was fairly easy as we were give our rota on the first day with all of our shifts written down. This made organizing ourselves easier. All of my Co-workers were very friendly and were happy to help/offer advice as this was my first stewarding job. Litter picking was not as hard as i expected and i found it a little fun. making sure people were parking there cars in the car park rather than by the campsite was by far the most difficult and frustrating thing as people didn't want to move there cars. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and experiencing a new exciting job.
it was fun but at the same time it was hard
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Bonita Springs, FLJuly 30, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: the hours
I learn always help out even though you don't get help back. the hardest part of the job is washing all the pots on time. Always have a positive attitude. You always have a smile on your face and making sure that the customers are happy
Supervising
Hyatt Regency Hotel & Spa (Former Employee), Bonita Springs, FL 34134July 30, 2014
Pros: no pay lunched
Cons: 30min brake
I LEARNED HOW TO BECOME LIKE A BOSS LEFT ME IN CHARGE TO SUPERVISE OUR EMPLOYEE AND MAKE SURE THEY DO THERE JOB WHILE I DO MY JOB.
is nice to work there
Supervisor at Kempinski Residences Suite Doha (Former Employee), Doha,November 3, 2013
Pros: free meal
Cons: long hours
good to work,nice place verry challenges work allways busy
Decent Job
steward (Current Employee), manchesterNovember 1, 2012
Pros: easy job
Cons: amount of shifts available
if you work hard you will get the rewards. loved working but not alot of shifts were available.
ok
Night Cleaner (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMay 26, 2012
Pros: great enviornment
Cons: pay rate
my typical day was cleaning up the kitchen and taking out the trash.
eintönige Arbeit
Spüler (Current Employee), LeipzigApril 14, 2016
Frühschicht:
Kantine wischen, auffüllen und säubern. Anschließend im Akkord das Frühstücksgeschirr spülen und sortieren, Gläser und Besteck möglichst zeitgleich polieren und zwischendurch die benutzten Töpfe und Pfannen reinigen.
Zwölf Uhr mittags die Maschine auschalten und reinigen. Die übrigen Gläser und dasletzte Besteck polieren. Den Rest des arbeitstages werden Kühlhäuser, Lager und Küchenutensilien (Schränke, Waschbecken, usw) gereinigt.

Spätschicht:
Beginnt mit Müllentsorgung und Reinigungsarbeiten, bis der Küchencheff die Erlaubnis erteilt die Spülmaschienen in Betrieb zu nehmen.
dann wird das Mittagsgeschirr und das Kaffeegeschirr gespült sowie das Besteck und die Gläser gespült und poliert. Anschliesend geht das Abendgeschäft los, wo wieder im Akkord Geschirr und Töpfe gespült werden, Gläser und Besteck poliert werden und alles verräumt.
Nach Ende des Abends wird das restliche Geschirr verräumt, Gläser gespült und poliert und Besteck poliert. Die Maschinen gesäubert, sowie die Waschbecken und die Abstellflächen. Der Müll wird entsorgt.

Es ist besonders schwer alles reibungslos zu bewältigen, wenn das normale A'la cardgescheft und noch zusätzlich Buffet ist, da es in jeder Schicht nur einen Spüler gibt. Und Hilfe von Servicekräften nich gern gesehen wird.