Steve Nash Fitness World & Sports Club

Steve Nash Fitness World & Sports Club Employee Reviews

for a select few
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC16 August 2017
helping clients is the most rewarding aspect of the job and interacting with many talented, dedicated coworkers. the culture promotes having fun while at work, but it's an absolute soul-suck sometimes. they are quite demanding when it comes to hitting sales targets and booking appointments so if you have time to invest in that and no life outside of the gym, it might not be so bad for you. there isn't much coaching from the top down so it's mainly stress to hit targets propagating from one level to the next. not all managers are terrible, but there are a few that are absolutely stellar.
Pros
gym usage, discount on personal training sessions, staff discounts on athletic wear
Cons
demanding, high expectations, sales-oriented
Positive work environment and great atmosphere
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC13 July 2017
I've worked at Steve Nash for over a year, and it was a fantastic experience. Very energetic work environment and you get to set your own schedule which is great for me.
Though there is no base salary and all the work hours depends on your sales. So not the most stable job but if you are great at sales then the salary is good.
Pros
Fitness work enviornment
Cons
Sales
Good place to start off
Sales Membership Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 July 2017
Great place for aspiring sales people to understand the importance of developing the skills and confidence in prospecting, presenting sales and closing.

Its not an easy job but its also not hard. Aggressive sales culture and I love it
Good staff engergeric enviroment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Strawberry Hill, BC17 March 2017
Healthy motivated fun place to be around all the time
As well awesome staff as always
Always have someone there to help with questions water breaks when ever as well coffee breaks pretty flexible
Pros
Grear people
Overall disappointing experience
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC8 March 2017
Management did not listen to advice and was treated poorly due to office politics, despite it is only a 3 months contract. Experienced first hand how over 5 people left during my short stay and surprised by the turnover rate.
Pros
free gym
Cons
politics
Personal trainer
Pt (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC27 February 2017
Do not work for this company, if you are so passionate about helping people do it out of here, bullying managers, they steal from employees and mmbrs
Pros
Great clients
Cons
Horrible management/ theives specially sales team
fast paced work environment with amazing co-workers
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 January 2017
Typical day at work:
Checking in guests
Answering phones
Logging maintenance
Data entry

I learned how to become more proficient in my people skills and about how important fitness is and how it can change lives. Management is amazing!! my GM Nicole Friesen is the most fun, inspiring, and goal orientated woman I have ever met. Co-workers are so awesome, they are always pushing me to be better and I enjoy the time I get to spend with them; and get to know them better.
The hardest part of my job is taking complaints, and members trying to cancel their memberships when they are still in a contract. The most enjoyable is talking to the regular members as they check in and spending my time with my team!
Pros
free gym membership, discounts on personal training and supplements.
Cons
pay and working hours
Very outgoing atmosphere and an opportunity to grow within the company.
Front Desk and Membership Representative (Former Employee) –  South Surrey, BC3 January 2017
This gym was great for an energetic work environment, but not so great when it came to the overall management and coworkers. In my opinion, working at Steve Nash is a job where you can have fun and make a career out of your passion. Yet you'll always feel stuck because of management and the people you're surrounded by.
Pros
Free gym membership, Benefits, Perfect amount of hours, Commission
Cons
Untrustworthy coworkers, weak management, low wage
Bad management
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 December 2016
The management sucks, the company is very unorganized. Forgot having sick days they expect you to be on your death bed otherwise you need to come into work. I had a bad throat infection could barely talk and they made me come in. Just ridiculous. The manager was very rude and was only nice to his favorites made me do his work for him at times because he was too lazy too. Do not work for this company they pay the worst wages for the amount of work you have to do.
Great people and great environment
Membership Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 December 2016
Like many jobs, working at Steve Nash has it's ups and downs, the expectations however are stacked against those at the bottom of the totem pole. While there is generally a strong team atmosphere, its structure is such that those making the least money have to do the most leg work in order to achieve expectations.
Pros
Free gym membership, solid team atmosphere
Cons
Not for everybody, high expectations and little help to reach them.
Front Desk
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Downtown Vancouver5 November 2016
I really enjoyed my time working at Steve Nash in bussy downtown location. Your typical day consists of greeting members, some retail, charging members for dues/collections, writing reports to managers about the overall sales/operations of the day. If a potential customer walks in you re direct them to the sales associate and so on. The culture was great ! You really have to have team skills.
Pros
Free membership, my manager was great and very supportive, growing opportunities as Steve Nash tries to get its managers from the inside.
Cons
Payment wasn't enough unless you collect lots of money and make great comission
Good
Indoor cycling Instructor (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC12 August 2016
steve nash has very good equipment, they are new and well supported.
usually all the staff changing very suddenly .
my coworkers are excellent.
Steve Nash Membership Rep
Membership Representative (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC1 August 2016
It was a good learning experience, getting to interact with people everyday also the staff was great and so friendly and great. Just was a stressful sales job because the company needs you collect leads and sell memberships in a pushy way. They give you daily and monthly goals that are unrealistic ( depending on the manager). The North Vancouver location is super old and have been saying they'll do renovations however they never have or will. So selling a membership can be quite hard because there's so many newer and cheaper gyms.
Pros
Free membership, Discount on Personal Training
Cons
Daily and Monthly Goals, Harassing memberships everyday for prospects, Bad Mangement ( super common of turn arounds of stuff)
do not work here
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC29 July 2016
not a good place to work. steer clear. leaders are bullies, they are extremely unprofessional yelling and swearing at staff, very poor management which starts at the top and trickles down, no culture, employees are not treated well. do not work here.
Pros
peer group
Cons
management, pay
Na (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC27 April 2016
Don't expect days off. Your work load will be unmanageable because turn over rate is extremely high so you will be doing a work load that not is manageable for one person. There is absolutely no job security either.
Pros
Comission. The members.
Cons
Over worked. No training. Short staffed.
Child Minding at Fitness World
Child Minder (Current Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC20 November 2015
Typical day is opening the daycare, filling out paper work.Greeting parents and children. Facilitate activities and rules. working with children as young as 3 months to twelve years of age. Cleaning after the children and closing the daycare.
Pros
The members
Cons
not enough hours
good pay but will suck the life out f you
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 December 2013
Overall a fast growing company with room for advancement. However, the company lacks culture, job security, and competent management. If you're looking for a short term gig to gain experience and use that as leverage for a position with a different company then go ahead an apply, other than that, steer clear.
Pros
good pay
Cons
weak leadership and no job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Steve Nash Fitness World & Sports Club. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7