Our client is a packaging is a corporation that specializes in sourcing and supplying packaging solutions to their clients. They are currently seeking an experienced Warehouse Supervisor to join their growing team. This position based out of their Toronto head office offers a day shift (8am-5:30pm M-F), competitive pay ($40,000 - $45,000), flexibility, company social events and activities and the opportunity for future growth.
Core Functions and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Warehouse Supervisor leads a team of up to 10 direct reports to ensure the efficient operations of all warehouse activities through:
- Management of the daily quality control, assembly and shipping activities of the warehouse.
- Developing, enhancing and implementing departmental procedures, warehouse safety procedures and ISO procedures to continuously improve warehouse operations.
- Overseeing the people management of the team through recruiting, training, performance management, coaching and annual performance reviews.
- Leading team meetings to identify daily, weekly and monthly priorities and highlighting areas of improvement or enhancement.
- Developing and reporting on key metrics to the Operations Manager to measure efficiency, quality and third party carrier performance.
- Establishing and continuously monitoring work assignments to meet client demand and product flow.
- Measuring and reporting on physical conditions of the warehouse, vehicles and equipment. Sourcing testing, maintenance, and repair as necessary to ensure the warehouse remains operational at all times.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years demonstrated experience as a warehouse supervisor or team lead in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated experience with process improvement and warehouse operations enhancement.
- Geographical knowledge of GTA and Southern Ontario for delivery planning.
- Previous experience in assembly is beneficial but not mandatory.
Skills and Competencies Required for Success in the Role
- Superior time management, organizational and attention to detail as demonstrated in previous roles.
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills, able to work effectively with direct reports, 3rd party drivers, clients, account managers and management.
- Exceptional follow through capable of anticipating operational needs and executing on projects.
- A proactive focus on continuous improvement and enhancement.
- Comfortable adapting work processes continuously to meet evolving client needs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English).
- Excellent problem solving abilities, able to creatively solve client concerns.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter quoting the position title.
We thank all of those who apply however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 12 months ago