Sterling Fence and Sentinel Security are sister companies providing integrated security solutions for mainly commercial, industrial and institutional customers.
Sterling Fence is expert at physical perimeter security and access control -- we build fence, gate and gate automation systems for businesses, schools, parks, airports, seaports, transportation centres, etc.
Sentinel Security is expert at integrating electronic solutions -- access control, video surveillance and intrusion detection -- for commercial, industrial and institutional customers.
For more information please visit us at www.sterlingsentinel.ca
The Shipper/Receiver oversees the inventory, control processes, and distribution of all Sterling-Sentinel supplies, materials, and equipment, ensuring superior quality, customer service and safety. This is a key coordinating role at the intersection of our operations team of metal fabricators, our installation crews and our purchasing department; the ideal candidate will be a strong addition to this team.
Starting salary $35 - $40K depending on experience, with opportunity for advancement. We offer generous education benefits and career development opportunities within the company.
We are looking for someone interested in a long-term career position. We are seeking someone with a positive attitude that consistently takes initiative and knows how to manage a project with purpose.
Shipping and Receiving
- Perform shipping and receiving duties
- Ensure subcontractors comply with agreed operating procedures
- Supervise shipping assistants and shop helpers
Production Coordination and Inventory Control
- Lead the development of an improved inventory management system
- Monitor and control inventory level, provide periodic inventory valuation reports
- Coordinate with Purchaser to minimize waste and obsolescence, eliminate slow moving items
- Coordinate production/installation resources with Operations Manager
General Administrative Support
- Work collaboratively with the Operations Manager to meet our triple bottom line objectives -- profit, social responsibility and environmental sustainability
- Work collaboratively with Operations Manager and Controller to improve operational effectiveness and efficiency
- Monitor and continuously improve customer service standards
- Maintenance of clean, functional and safe work spaces
Required Skills and Experience
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative and customer service skills
- Minimum two years experience in a relevant role and/or industry, previous experience with chain link fence is ideal but not required
- Minimum two years supervisory experience
- Forklift certification required
- First Aid certification an asset but not required
- Clean driving record
- We are located in Tilbury Business Park in Delta, BC. We are not accessible by bike or transit; you will need your own vehicle to commute.
Compensation: $35 - 40K/year + benefits