Stericycle Employee Reviews

Exceptional work environment providing challenging and rewarding work
Sr. Human Resources Manager (Bilingual) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 September 2017
Stericycle is a great place to work and provides a great work environment for its Team Members. It is growing fast, has challenging work and the managers are always there to support you. I've had the pleasure of working at Stericycle for 10 + years and have watched my career grow along a steady trajectory.
Pros
Challenging work and the people you work with!
Cons
Would not recommend this place to anyone
Warehouse Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 August 2017
Operations manager is never there. There is no support for the warehouse supervisor allowing all warehouse staff to do what they want. Employees don't show up most days or call in sick all the time. There is no recognition for going above and beyond in this company even though they expect overtime hours to be put in. Management can not make up their minds about where waste is to go causing warehouse staff to make up multiple sets of paperwork for one load. Complete mismanagement on their part!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Overtime is there
Cons
Everything above and more
Social commitee is the only plus to working here.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 June 2017
At a glance, this place seems like a great place to work. Do not let that fool you. I have never been employed by a place when supervisors will actually call down an employee while on an production floor, tell an employee that they do not like the sound of their voice, call a young lady trashy and the list goes on. This company used to be known as Fineline. I think Stericycle should really take a long hard look at their donor centre as soon enough they'll find themselves in the thick of a human rights claim
Pros
Social commitee
Cons
Productive and Fun working place.
SAP HRIS Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON1 May 2017
Excellent working culture as excellent organization. Equality and high skill development organization.

Learned great things with developed organization with continue learning approach.
Vancouver branch is in my opinion, incredibly mis-managed. The culture is toxic and hostile.
Navigator / Reclamation (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC2 October 2016
The list of issues I encountered during my tenure is expansive and tedious. To go through it would resemble a complaining teenager after the first few jaw-dropping unethical / immoral / and sometimes illegal practices that are warranted here. Instead, the list of things that are a positive influence during one's stay here is much quicker to go through. There aren't any.
Fun fast paced workspace
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS29 September 2016
It was a High paced fun work environment were there was constant challenges to be met that kept you busy and the co-workers were fantastic. There was always something different to do so your day wasn't the exact same over and over again.
Manager: not good
Outbound Sales (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS2 August 2016
The manager was very discriminating person. Not welcomed diversity person, if you look different manager and some co-workers make fun of you and gossiping behind your back. After I worked hard for my first day, while I was looking forward going going back, they send me message telling me not to comeback it didn't workout for you. They are soo bad company to work with.
Pros
Some coworkers are good
Cons
Manager is discriminator and make fun of diversity person even though he is different
Team Building Events
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 July 2016
I would be at work for 8am start by opening up the front office, make coffee, open up my computer and make sure the front office always looked clean and ready for clients.
I answered the phone, responded to emails and did all the in coming and out going mail.
I greeted the clients with the up most professional matter and I was very much liked.
Pros
Fun events, free lunches
Managers are terrible
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS9 May 2016
You get in trouble for things you dont do you have terrible managers as well the only good thinbg about the job us te job work and the bonuses
Pros
bonuses
Cons
Bad managers
productive and fun work place with ping pong table
Sr. Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON4 May 2016
I love the work and my employees. Too many people taking on management roles. Team Lead, Supervisor, Manager, Director and so on that all had no idea what the other was doing.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
too many people wearing the 'boss' hat
Horrible environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 October 2015
Compensation is adequate and work/life balance is good but company is poorly run with a culture of blaming, finger pointing and a general lack of teamwork or cooperation. After 6 months you will want out.
Fun & entertaining workplace
Outbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS23 October 2015
Great business culture. Supportive environment, great management but your hours are not guaranteed if you are not management and you never know when you will be laid off due to a shortage of allotted hours.
Pros
free coffee and lots of random gift giveaways every day.
Cons
unstable hours / unstable employment and no health benefits
A fun environment and great individuals to work with
Operations Administrator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 October 2014
Overall Stericycle was a great place to work at. The co-workers were incredibly friendly, helpful and most of all we all worked as a team. I would have to say this was the most enjoyable part of my job.

A typical day at Stericycle involved balance and edit of all driver routes from the day/night before. Once all information was cross referenced and balanced the Manifests were than filled out with the correct weight of the waste, separated and mailed out. Hundreds of these manifests were completed each day and a grand total of an estimated 3000 manifests per month.

The hardest part of this job would be time management. If one person was off than this could create a lag in performance for the team. However, that being said, the team and myself worked extremely hard to meet all our daily deadlines.

My manager was an exceptional lady. She was hardworking, a great mentor and supporter. She was always willing to step in and lend a hand when one of our team members were off sick. Furthermore, she taught me a lot about myself as a professional and always was supportive when needed.
Pros
Summer BBQ's with all departments
overall a satisfactory place to work
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 February 2014
Management in the warehouse good friendly people. Staff are good workers and helpful. Dusty areas are a concern at times although protective equipment is available. Opportunity to work independently on a day to day bases is there.
Pros
Management respect for you ideas/ knowledge
Cons
Facility too small for the volume of work and space required to work efficiently.
good relationship with customer services,and clients
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 January 2014
A typical day at work would be preparing your self and to manage the tasks that are given.,and having in mind the safety of others when preforming your job.,I also learned how to be responsible,reliable and independent,and treat others with respect.co workers were my second family due to the time that I had to spend with them at work. I treated everyone with respect so that I could get the same in return,happy as I was with all do to the communication work related.,the hardest part of work was making sure the by the end of the day all the work was completed with out having any accidents or injuries to anybody and handing all paper work with the right info.,the best part of the job was being able to travel and meeting new people and interact with them and making sure that they were happy with there service and that for me was a great deal to hear that feed back that you get from the customer.
biomedical clean up
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 June 2013
pay is on time , equipment is new and people are good to work with
Pros
good hours
Cons
poor training
Quality products at all times
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 June 2013
This is the work place where other employees cares about other employees. Love working with the staff.
Pros
Holiday BBQ was always enjoyable
Cons
Job slow down occationally
productive and fun crew
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC15 April 2013
Typical day at work would consist of boxing waste to be shipped.
I learned that you need a lot of Stamina to keep up with guys.
Management is pretty good, but will step on each others toes a little. co-workers will help you out if you need help, just ask.
unloading trucks full of waste, very heavy. Also dealing with the smell.
Flexible hours and day passed pretty quickly, you stay busy.
Medical Waste Destruction
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Brampton5 March 2013
Waste destruction facility that would process medical waste for the province of Ontario.
Pros
great salary
Fun
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brampton Ontario10 May 2012
Managers were really cool and nice people. Treated us with respect even if we were doing the most menial tasks.
Pros
nice people
Cons
was far from house