Stephanie Brown Inc. is a Vancouver-based Interior Design firm specializing in high-end residential design. With projects located across western Canada, we service a diverse, sophisticated, and respected clientele. Considerate customer service and professionalism are primary focusses. While each project may be different, our firm prides itself on the consistent ability to create detailed and high-end design from start to finish. This includes thoughtful space-planning, comprehensive and detailed millwork drawings, selections and knowledge of all fixtures and fittings, and the resources and vision to finish projects through to furnishings and decoration.
The position of Junior Designer offers a great opportunity to join a dynamic and growing design firm. Aside from the itemized points below, appropriate candidates are those who are focused on a long-term career in the high-end residential design field.
Junior Designer — Applicant Requirements:
- Hold a Degree or Applied Degree from an Accredited Interior Design Program
- Have minimum 2 years practical work experience in the Interior Design field
- Highly proficient in AutoCAD, with ability to create both conceptual drawings and working drawings
- Proficient in 3D Modeling Programs: Sketch-up and use of rendering software is acceptable. Photorealistic modelling is an asset, such as 3Ds Max or equivalent.
- Proficient in Photoshop
- Proficient with Mac operating system and Pages / Numbers programs
- Hand-drawing and sketching skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, fluid and clear English is required
- Excellent time-management skills. Must multitask, and manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to take direction and follow detailed instructions
- Ability to complete tasks and problem-solve independently
- Strong visual presentation skills and sense of organization regarding: selection/specification documents, drawings, and material presentations
- Attention to detail and ability to self-edit and correct
- Knowledge of millwork, and other products, finishes, and fixtures pertaining to residential design
- Willingness and ability to perform general office duties that are required within a small but growing firm
- Willingness to work occasional evenings or weekends, or travel, in order to serve our clients as required
- Must have reliable vehicle and willingness to travel to suppliers and job sites
Junior Designer — Position Details:
- Full-time position, 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday. Occasional additional hours required
- Upon direction from Sr. Designer, required to complete design tasks with detailed and direct instructions, or to creatively conceptualize project or task
- Required to complete detailed and accurate floor plans, lighting plans, millwork drawings, sections, 3D models
- Required to complete detailed and accurate specification documents for appliances, plumbing, lighting, hardware, paint, and interior finishes
- Required to complete documents and sample boards for client presentations
- Required to select fixtures, finishes, materials, furnishings and present in organized manner
- Required to attend client or trade site meetings, client presentations
- Required to take accurate/efficient notes or site measurements from meetings or site visits
- Required to take and direct office phone calls accordingly
- Required to meet with Reps and maintain an organized sample/document Library
Applicants who meet the requirements are asked to submit a current Resume and list of contactable References. Those selected for interviews must present a Portfolio, with a focus on millwork drawings and design, 3D sketching and computerized modeling, and sample boards.