Stenberg College's mission is to offer exceptional career-oriented programs. We achieve excellence in education through our sustained commitment to program quality, outstanding student services and the professional development of our faculty, staff and alumni.
We are currently seeking a part-time HR Assistant to join our growing team to provide administrative and clerical support pertaining to a number of HR functions, including:
- Assisting with screening resumes and conducting reference checks for prospective hires
- Processing criminal background checks
- Responding to employee requests for employment verification letters
- Assisting with processing contracts
- Maintaining departmental personnel records, ensuring complete accuracy, confidentiality and compliance with PCTIA’s bylaws
- Setting up a performance management schedule and following up with Managers
- Updating job descriptions
- Assisting with coordination of special events such as Lunch N Learns, Employee Recognition Luncheons, and General Staff Meetings
The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, highly organized, and have excellent communication skills. Qualifications include minimum Grade 12 plus post-secondary courses in Human Resources or Communications, and a minimum of two years of administrative experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced computer skills (in a PC environment using MS Office) are required.
This position will be 20 hours per week.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter, using your name and “HR Assistant” as your subject line. Please include your salary expectations in your cover letter. To find out more about us, visit www.stenbergcollege.com
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
At Stenberg College, staff and faculty work together to create and foster a positive learning environment geared towards student success....