Stenberg College has an immediate requirement for a Clinical Instructor in the South Island region. Clinical Instructors provide educational support to the RPN students in during their clinical placement; including where appropriate laboratory days. Clinical instructors are responsible for ensuring the safety of students’ clinical practice. Clinical instruction can be provided on a full-time basis or a part-time basis depending on the nature of the preceptorship support.
A. Must hold a Registered Psychiatric Nurse registration and a Diploma in Psychiatric Nursing. (Note: except for the Medical Surgical placements where the instructor needs to hold a Registered Nurse registration.)
B. Preferred qualifications include a Bachelors of Nursing (or equivalent), Masters in Nursing and/or a Doctorate.
C. Minimum of five years clinical experience, some of which needs to have occurred in the clinical area in which the instructor will be teaching.
These positions report directly to the Program Manager.
The roles expectations for all faculty teaching in a clinical area include, but are not limited to:
1. Serve as liaison between the clinical agencies and the College as requested by the Associate Dean and/or Clinical Placement Coordinator.
2. Notify agencies of any alteration or cancellation or addition of clinical sections.
3. Is always available to students during the designated time for the clinical practicum.
4. Arranges time to meet with students in the assigned clinical section in order to provide feedback, return papers, give evaluations, etc.
5. Follows course syllabus and College Policies and Procedures, and offers pedagogical experiences that are congruent with the Program philosophy.
6. Demonstrates clinical expertise in the assigned clinical area by sharing knowledge, critical decision making, and technical skills with students.
7. Supports student's professional learning and growth.
8. Follows the policies of the clinical agency/s where students are placed.
9. Contacts the Clinical Placements Coordinator, and/or Program Coordinator and/or Associate Dean as required in a timely manner when a problem or potential problem arises.
10. Keeps anecdotal notes on students' performance as appropriate.
11. Completes student clinical evaluation documentation (with input from the student and the clinical agency).
12. Meets with course/faculty team at the beginning and end of the semester as required (Note: These can be ‘distance’ meetings and do not necessarily have to be face-to-face meetings).
13. Maintains satisfactory interpersonal relationships with students and agency personnel.
14. Encourages students to complete course evaluations as and when appropriate.
15. Maintains their own professional registration with the appropriate registrative body(ies).
16. Discusses with the Associate Dean and identifies their own individual developmental needs and forms appropriate developmental plans.
17. Engage in periodic evaluation and any curricula revisions/updates as required.
18. Provide input into, where appropriate, clinical educational policies and procedures for the RPN program.
Find out more about us at www.stenbergcollege.com
Stenberg College is a focused provider of health care and human services diploma programs that will help you land the career you want....