STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company, head quartered in Vancouver, BC, that helps power leading-edge life sciences research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products and ancillary reagents. We have over 400 science-oriented employees, including 100 PhDs/MScs working in the creation of novel products, providing consistent, unfailing quality in producing these products, and by standing with our customers around the globe to provide training, one-on-one assistance, technical support, and other services. With year over year growth, STEMCELL is proud to be the largest biotech employer in BC.
To support our rapid growth, we have an immediate opening for an Information Systems Analyst for our Vancouver head office. Reporting to the Senior Director, Information Technology, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining Business Intelligence solutions, database architecture and database infrastructure. The Analyst will use technology to support STEMCELL’s various business units and will contribute towards supporting and maintaining our current technological solutions.
- Create and maintain data and business intelligence solutions
- Work with departments to document and solve business problems using technology
- Investigate and implement technological solutions to complex or new internal issues
- Conduct research to keep up to date with new technology, evolving solutions and industry
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in database and business intelligence systems
- Post Secondary degree or diploma in computer science or software engineering
- Experience with SQL, HTML, Java, Python, and Ruby programming languages
- Familiarity with SQL Server, Oracle, MS Sharepoint, and Alfresco
- Excellent problem-solving, communication (oral & written), and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a development team
- Ability to communicate and manage software vendors
- Ability to communicate and manage consultants
- Strong organization skills and capable of multi-tasking effectively
- Self motivated and detail oriented
- A passion for computer programming and motivate to learn about new technologies
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities. If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding position, please today!
If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding position, please apply online at www.stemcell.com/careers. (Please note applying online can ensure your application is received in good order and is reviewed sooner.)
StemCell Technologies is a world leader in the development of products for stem cell biology and has worked to standardize the field through...