Stefanini Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Working For Stefanini through John Deere
Dedicated Support Technician (Current Employee), Moline, ILMay 12, 2015
Pros: It's an I.T. job.., My personal management was ok to work with, Doesn't require much knowledge of computers to apply
Cons: no guaranteed position, Possible unwanted moves are common
I started happily as a deployment technician on a probation period of 5 months through another contingent employer. I was moved to a Scheduler position about a month into my employment. I very much enjoyed this position as I was closer to home and felt it was a good challenge for my skills. However, about 6 months in (after my probation period). I was eligible for full Stefanini hire on. I was not offered a position after this time.I was working 40+ hours with consistent and well praised work. I was demoed to a"dedicated support potion" after about 10 months of the scheduling position.Due to "a cut in the budget"

There is a poor communication between employees. I was drug along for over a year now at a chance to become a full Stefanini employee.In fact multiple people have moved over to a full employee while I am right back where I started over a year ago. I was moved around 3 times to do a lack of appropriate staff. There is never enough people to do the jobs.In fact, most of the available jobs have been outsourced to the Philippines. As we speak I am filling 2 positions due to an inadequate amount of help.

No overtime is available for all the tasks that need to be done.
No consistency in scheduled tasks.
Please understand. This is all based on my experience as an entry level I.T. Position.
Tough job that can be rewarding at times
Sr. Support Technician (Current Employee), Southfield, MIOctober 13, 2014
Pros: finding resoutions to tough hardware and software issues
Cons: dealing with many, many processes that change often
There is not really such a thing as a typical other than that you consistently do not know what things you will be working on on a given day. You will have ideas on your drive in but things seem to change course as you get to work and open your email and receive phone calls.

I have learned a lot about the overall picture of IT operations and other operations in a very large manufacturing environment.

Most co-workers have a great attitude and realize the day goes by much faster if you keep yourself busy with the tasks at hand.

The hardest part of the job is completing all the paperwork required and following many detailed processes to complete things fully. A simple printer swapout may take you 30 minutes but the required processes and documentation may take you another 2 hours.

The most enjoyable part of the job is establishing relationships wth the manufacturing personnel at our location.
Productive work place
Systems Access Technician (Current Employee), DavenportOctober 9, 2012
Pros: lunch was served every month
Cons: we havent had lunch since july
One of my main tasks during the day is providing IT support security access for John Deere employees through ticketing system or email. If it is a slow day I will work on SAP tickets from our CA ticketing system.
I'm also responsible for processing daily SAP workfiles as well as monitoring and responding to emails in our GIS Security inbox periodically.
We are under new management now so I'm looking forward to the changes and more defined structure here. My co-workers have been very helpful even though employee morale wasn't the best during this past summer. The hardest part of the job for me is training for something new, there is no training available for now, just to ask questions. I enjoy doing the tasks I know how to complete in a timely manner.
Quality Assuance
Test Analyst (Current Employee), Porto Alegre, RSFebruary 21, 2013
At a typical day at work I will review some previosly opened defects keeping it in track to be, probably retesting it to close are reopening the defect, meanwhile (or during the day) I will be talking to my leader and the rest of the team via IM(chat or phone) in India or US to be aware on where we are in the project and align the tasks. Then I will run test cases If I have them to run, track defects aligned to me, talk to dev team to get help on any specific situation, when needed and open new defects any time I find it.
The hardest part is get attention of developers but they are always very busy and we understand.
The enjoyable part is to see that after defects are solved, everything is working right and everybody is happy, even dev team. :-)
Great co-workers
Helpdesk Technician (Current Employee), Davenport, IAMay 28, 2015
• Installed software, modified and repaired hardware and resolved technical issues.
• Provided base level IT support to non-technical personnel within the business.
• Resolved customer issues in a clear, courteous and straightforward manner.
• Demonstrated professionalism and courtesy with customers at all times.
• Identified and solved technical issues with a variety of diagnostic tools.
• Conducted research to address customer concerns.
• Worked closely with team members to meet or exceed all customer service requirements.
• Maintained and updated customer service database.
• Reviewed technical documentation and procedures.
• Used ticketing systems to manage and process actions taken.
Stefanini Philippines work experience
Business Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), Manila, PhilippinesOctober 30, 2013
My role as Business Intelligence Analyst is one of the most pivotal role in the business. I provide daily, weekly and monthly reports showcasing the IT Helpdesk metrics. I provide these reports to the Management team in the US and Philippines to help and identify upward and downward trends on certain issues that needs immediate resolution. The reports I provide assist the management team to come up with solutions for global cost reduction and help with revenue increase. I also assist in Business Process Improvement projects to increase customer satisfaction which includes First Level Efficiency and First Call Resolution.
Serious and strict place
Help desk (Former Employee), Buenos Aires, ArgentinaJuly 11, 2015
A typical day consisted in answering calls from Petrobra's clients, and fixing their problems. I also had to call them back if it was necessary.

I learned to treat with clients by phone and new IT knowledge such as:

-Desktop support.
-New programs as Bombgar, Lotus Notes, Remedy, SAP, Century (APES), Wolf.
-PINPAD configuration, sales tracking, printer configuration.

I had a serious and professional relation with my management.

About my co-workers, we maintained a good relationship. I am still having some few contacts.

The hardest part of the job was to work under pressure.

The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things, and having my first IT work experience.
Avoid unless just looking for experience
Help Desk Support Technician (Former Employee), Southfield, MIDecember 16, 2014
Very poorly ran... Unless you've been with the company for a long time or kiss the tail of everyone, don't expect anything except to be worked to death while everyone else does little to no work.

If you're just looking to get experience on your resume, sure. Get in, get experience, but get out quick!

The pay is not good, the benefits are expensive and terrible. Management has an "open door policy" but again, if you're not kissing their butts, everything you bring up is brushed off.

The only good thing about this place is you can joke with most people and laugh often.
Stefanni
Desk side Technician Senior (Former Employee), Dearborn MiSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: take beaks when you need them.
Cons: could not leave work early.
Work on and support computers at Ford Motor Co.
I have learned that is a business world there are many shades of grey.
The management style was not a Directive but more of a Affiliative and Coaching style. Therefore it was easy to get along with my mangers. The co-workers at times were fun to work with and I was there main resource to get to. The hardest part of my job was to tell a customer that they lost all of there data. The most fun I had was working on the computes and talking to people through out the day.
Working at Stefanini
BILINGUAL HELP DESK ANALYST (L1) (Former Employee), Southfield, MIMarch 5, 2014
Pros: satisfaction of helping users
Cons: employees were not treated well
A typical day at work involved receiving lots of live calls to the point that it was hard to keep up with work.
I learned that a company like Stefanini is not interested on the employee's well being, but just worried about making money from their contracts.
Management was unfair and not available to hear my concerns as an employee.
The hardest part of my job was to work without enough training to do my job.
The most enjoyable part of my job was to help users.
If you have a good manager, you have a good job!
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee), Davenport, IAJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: it's a call center
This job is pretty great, if, and BIG IF you get a good team lead and good managers behind them. If not, then this is just every other call center job - stressful, bad pay, and small advancements. The only use this job is good padding on a resume.

However, if you get a great team lead/management system then you feel productive, a 'part of the team', and useful to the environment - not just a warm body to do meaningless tasks to make rich people richer.
Poor Management/Communication
Deskside Technician (Current Employee), Midwest USJuly 31, 2014
Pros: good paid time off. experience.
Cons: poor management. no communication. no pay raises.
Stefanini is a good place to gain some experience to get you into another job at another company. There's hardly any communication if you are a project employee. If you are looking for a career stay away. Stefanini will ignore your requests and applications for other project positions within the company. There's no room for advancement and getting any pay increases is not an option.
Productive and fun workplace with a pingpong table in the lunchroom
Helpdesk technician (Current Employee), Southfield, MIJuly 24, 2012
Pros: benefits
The hardest part of the of the job geting use to changing work schedules which changes to meet the needs of the clients. Management is nice but expect you to meet service levels. Your co-workers will help you when they can but realize that the job is yours to do and no one will do your job for you.
Once a month there is a drawing and everyone has a chance to win.
Fun work enviornment, Great work variety.
Service Desk Technician (Former Employee), Davenport, IAFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: strict schedule, benifits.
Cons: pay.
I loved this job. The management was great. I had great co-workers. The work was always consistent and overtime was always available. I learned a lot about organizing, reports, and customer support. The hardest part about the job was the pay. I found the most enjoyable part was knowing that I was part of a project and I was relied on.
Enjoyed at the beginning
IT Specialist (Current Employee), Davenport, IAJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Don't have to deal with management often
Cons: Management has no idea how to do our job
I have learned a lot working here, but I feel that I should at least work for someone who has done the job or knows how to do the job. I loved the job when I first started, then it started becoming more about numbers than quality of work, that is not okay, it should be more about the quality than the numbers.
Productive work-life balance
Project Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 10, 2015
Pros: Co-Workers
Cons: Changing deadlines for project delivery
Typically I would meet with the Account Managers to get an idea of any changes that may affect the project plan. My co-workers were an absolute pleasure to work with. The toughest part of the job was managing timing constraints. The most enjoyable part of my day was the co-workers that I interacted with.
Office with good team and friendly relantionship
System Analyst (Current Employee), Distrito Federal, Brasília, BrazilApril 15, 2015
Pros: Free Coffe and Tea
It is a good place to work, good people and I do have leaders and not just bosses. We have all documentation in hands to work well and fast, I have a PC that fits my work so well that I cannot complain about.

People share knowledge and have a good relantionship we like to co-op anytime a team member needs.
Great place to work!
Sr. Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Southfield, MINovember 2, 2015
Pros: Great vacation structure. Excellent managent
Cons: Limited pay bands
I loved my time within Stefanini/Tech Team Global and wish I could go back to working for them. My job felt secure, and felt my contributions were valued as an employee. Management looked beyond metrics. Drawbacks did include a rigid pay envelope that limited advancement.
Great people and they do have a ping pong table.
Support Technician (Current Employee), Southfield, MIJune 20, 2015
Pros: they feed us often and they love to keep us smiling
Cons: very hot in the office and sometimes super cold
working here is fun but you deal with so many different attitudes that you have to learn to adjust very quick.

Management cares a lot and they love to make the environment safe and fun for all.
Low pay and little room for advancement
IT Deskside Technician (Current Employee), Cedar Falls, IAMarch 28, 2012
Pros: worldwide
Cons: contracting firm
It seems like they would rather hire someone from another company than promote someone within the company. They also decide on a year to year basis on whether or not they will give raises, which is usually only a few percent, 4 max.