Steenhof Building Services Group is looking for a talented Structural Draftsperson, to join our team in our fast paced Orillia office. The successful proponent(s) must possess a minimum 5 years’ relative work experience in Building/Construction and Engineering fields.
As the Structural Draftsperson, you are responsible to create and prepare detailed structural, mechanical, electrical and/or architectural as-built and red line drawings using AutoCAD and Revit technology. You will be required to read, interpret and prepare drawings for clients and document all relevant changes in a timely manner. All work needs to be performed per job specifications, undertaking engineering site surveys to ensure accuracy.
Duties will include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Prepare 3D models for projects prior to construction along with as-build drawings using CAD/REVIT
- Draft structural layouts for new projects, renovations or additions
- Assist with analyzing existing conditions on site for retrofits and new projects
- Assist in coordinating projects and meeting with clients, alongside senior staff
- A minimum of 5+ years’ previous drafting experience in an engineering or construction environment, preferred 2+ years’ experience working in a Structural department
- College diploma, Civil Engineering Technologist (structural), or related discipline
- Experience with layouts or design of mechanical &/or electrical systems are nice to have
- Eager, hardworking and outgoing with strong communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of REVIT and AutoCAD; additional related technologies are considered an asset
- Customer service oriented with commitment to working within a team environment
If you have the above attributes, we look forward to hearing from you! We thank all applicants for their interest in Steenhof Building Services Group however only those that meet the requirements will be contacted.