Since 1923, Steelcraft has crafted a culture of service and excellence within our business that has enabled us to partner with our customers to serve today’s highly complex and demanding global manufacturing marketplace. Our custom-engineered steel products, components and systems are today leveraged across industries and continents.
The steel-based components we build form vital building blocks in our customer’s business process – enabling manufacturing leaders to compete more effectively, operate more efficiently, and win hard-fought competitive advantage.
Steelcraft’s QCI business combines imagination with engineering discipline to deliver high quality, heaving machined fabrications and sheet metal components for the heavy equipment manufacturing market, serving a diverse number of global brands including Caterpillar, Hitachi, General Dynamics and Komatsu.
We are currently seeking a Production Control Manager in our Stratford, ON location.
The successful candidate will be a senior leader in the Stratford plant, acting as liaison between internal partners including sales, customer service, production and purchasing to determine the resources and schedule needed to meet on-time delivery targets.
Why work for Steelcraft?
At Steelcraft, it begins with people. Since our business was established nearly 100 years ago, developing our people has been a core function and commitment of our business. Our culture is built on safety, integrity, and a commitment to partnering with our customers.
We offer our people a commitment to quality and continuous improvement, and the opportunity to implement innovative ideas. We also offer an industry competitive compensation package to reward you for your efforts, as well as the unique opportunity to grow your abilities alongside this growing division.
Key responsibilities of the Production Control Manager role will include:
- Creation of the Master Production Schedule, and subsequent monitoring of resource levels including manpower, equipment, components, raw materials and other parts
- Scheduling resources efficiently to minimize costs and ensure timely delivery to customers
- Make schedule changes as necessary, such as to accommodate for resource shortages or equipment failures
- Work closely with production and sales to understand customer demand and lead time for scheduled production, and proactively identify and rectify demand issues
- Continuous Improvement activities related to meeting on-time delivery targets, and minimizing wasted time, energy and resources through the production process
- Manage activities of others including: Production Clerk, Scheduler, CNC Programmers and Data Entry Clerk
Qualified applicants must have:
- 5 years operations management experience in a parts manufacturing plant
- Experience using mid-range Enterprise Resource Planning systems
- Strong customer orientation
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and facilitation skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
The ideal candidate would also have:
- Experience using ERP systems in a scheduling / production planning capacity
- APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management
Does this sound like you?
Please reply to this ad, referencing job #2013-PCM in the subject line.
Please quote salary expectations.
See more information by visiting our website at www.steelcraftinc.com/careers/production-control-manager/
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.