Steelcraft Inc., QCI Division, based in Cambridge, ON, is currently seeking an experienced Grinder for the day shift. Previous experience with auto body work would be an asset.
Why work for Steelcraft?
- Steady, year-round, indoor work
- Competitive wages, comprehensive benefits package
- Supportive team environment
- Opportunity to develop your skills in this growing shop
What would I be responsible for?
- Perform washing and prep of sub-components as required
- Sanding surface using hand sander (4 lb) to remove all splatter, sharp edged or deburring and heat marks
- Use hand held wire wheel (5-9 lb) to smoothen surface by removing sharp edges and excessive burns
- Use hand held needle gun (5.5 lb) to remove weld spatter
- Use hand held vibrator (4.5 lb) to buff surface
- Apply putty bondo by hand using plastic putty applicator; while putty is hardening use an oscillator to remove access putty
- May use hand held vibrator again to buff surface
- Ensure all parts meet customer specifications
- Perform other duties as defined and assigned by department supervisor, or lead hand.
What Qualifications Do I Need?
- Grade Twelve education or equivalent.
- Grinding ability must meet accurate and detailed work requirements and guidelines.
- Forklift Training / Crane Training and experience with other lifting equipment.
- Ability to operate grinding equipment,
- Excellent communication skills verbal, and written.
Does this sound like the next step in your career?
- email: careers @ steelcraftinc.com
- fax: (519) 884-9630
See more opportunities by visiting www.steelcraftinc.com/careers
Steel manufacturing plants