The Cleaners will be responsible for keeping contractor’s buildings in clean and orderly condition, and will perform heavy cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, cleaning and stocking restrooms, washing walls, glass and upholstered furniture, and removing rubbish. Duties may include performing routine maintenance activities, notifying management of the need for repairs, and cleaning snow or debris from entrance ways.
- Customer Focus
- Energy and Stress
- Team Work
- Quality Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Operating Equipment
- Ethics and Integrity
- Locks or unlocks doors, turns lights on/off.
- Performs general cleanup of all office facilities and / or follows use of schedule.
- Floor Standards - sweeps, mops, vacuums floors using brooms, mops and vacuum cleaners. Experience with buffing, stripping and waxing is asset.
- Restroom – cleans and disinfect sinks, counter tops, toilets, mirrors, floors etc. Replenish bathroom supplies.
- Trash Maintenance – Empties wastebaskets and recycle bins and transports to disposal area.
- Performs all cleaning aspects of all or listed rooms as well as dusting, washes walls, windows, upholstered furniture and window coverings.
- Cleans light fixtures and changes bulbs/tubes.
- Determines needed supplies and equipment.
- Monitors need for equipment maintenance and repair.
- Responsible for proper inventory of materials and supplies.
- Monitors work quality, trains as needed.
- Shovel and apply ice deicer to front entrance.
- High school diploma/GED.
- 1 year or more of cleaning experience is preferred.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must be able to schedule and prioritize work for self.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and in writing.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Exhibit initiative, responsibility, and flexibility.
- Knowledge of local, provincial and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances and legislation.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and provide current driver’s abstract.
- Able to create alternative solutions to problems.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise necessary cost control measures.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Must be bondable
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to:
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lb.
- Walk, stand, bend forward, kneel down
- Reach and Grasp
- Push and pull objects
- Repetitive bending and lifting of items and arm movements
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g. rubber gloves, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Various scheduled hours may include split shifts, early mornings / late evenings.
- Hazards associated with the trade.
Indeed - 30+ days ago