Statoil

Statoil Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
OK company to grow your skills
Senior Reservoir Engineer (Current Employee), NorwayNovember 2, 2014
Pros: long term job security
Cons: ability to learn norwegian
OK company to grow your skills. Statoil is a company tha gives you great work-life balance and an opportunity to grow and advance your skills.
Good company good ethics
Maintenance Foreman Lead (Current Employee), Leismer Site Conklin AlbertaFebruary 27, 2014
Good compant to work for with positive concerns of health and environment
NOC full of top management not used to competitive environment
Researcher (Former Employee), NorwayFebruary 10, 2014
NOC full of top management not used to competitive environment.
Conservative approach on project investment
Piping Engineering Lead (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 14, 2013
Pros: social atmosphere
Cons: too much wait for decision
I enjoy the team work. Good value engineering exercise completed
exelent company to work for
Summer Student, weed control (Former Employee), Conklin, ABSeptember 19, 2012
Pros: outdoors
Cons: walking backwards
do a weed inspection on site and associated sites in the conklin area, Insruct work crews on how to eliminate noxious and prohibited noxtious weeds
Good work/life balance, not much advancement options
Geology Intern, US Offshore Petroleum Technology (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 14, 2014
Great work life balance at Statoil. The company was undergoing layoffs to the tune of 1,200 to 1,400 while I was there. Very diverse and dynamic work environment. Sometimes the US branch of the company feels shunned in comparison to the Norwegian part.
Good Company for professional, not for beginner.
Production Engineer (Current Employee), BergenOctober 10, 2014
Pros: good life/work balance
Cons: not good professional plan for graduate entry
Good Company for professional, not for beginner. Not an international environment. You need to find your development plan and career. No one mentors you except you are very lucky.
Best place to work
Senior Contract Analyst (Former Employee), tehran officeSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: free lunch, sport alloance
Cons: heathcare, isurance
lots of learning activities for the employees. very good environment. lots of things to learn.
Staoil
Contract Administrator (Former Employee), IranAugust 7, 2014
Pros: courage, development, sharing information, integrity
Statoil is one of the best oil and gas companies in Europe. Statoil with more then 25000 employees have about 42 iffices in the world.
Ok company
Senior Analyst, Performance Management (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 2, 2014
Cost cutting is a problem. Culture is very Norweigian by nature. Most people there are not a fan of their processes.
Outstanding Company with Safety Culture
Training Consultant for Eagleford (Current Employee), North AmericaMarch 10, 2014
Outstanding Company that allows for independent thinking that produces results and compensates consultants accordingly.
Great Place to work
Assistant to Finance Department (Former Employee), BakuNovember 18, 2013
Pros: all
Phenomenal place to work. Everybody tries to help each other out
Projects
Internship (Former Employee), Freeport, BahamasOctober 31, 2013
Pros: free ride to work.
Cons: no overtime for interns.
I enjoyed completing the challenging projects that were assigned to me. That allowed me to get a first-hand experienced on what I will be doing throughout my career. Also I was privileged to be able to give my suggestions on how projects can be completed successfully and safely at our weekly department meeting.
Toolpusher (Current Employee), oOctober 6, 2013
Pros: o
Cons: o
Looking for an opportunity to work a career and challenge new have a long career and I can add a workgroup knowledge work and work experience as well as good relationship and good knowledge in human relations within a workplace giving confidence in the relationship within the same challenge in pressure, but never allowing feel depression or letting – more... anyone feel depressionbecause the important thing is to live and do live a good working environment. My way of working is to be always sway priority the objective of the company. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Trainee Engineer (Former Employee), StavangerSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: housing facilities
Cons: no cons
A typical day at work is quite
We learn to work with a good scheduled activities
the management is focosed in giving the best to the industry
The co-workers are collaboratives
The hardest part of the job is when you have new challenges
time for relax on fridays
Good company, just not everywhere
Subsurface (Former Employee), Houston,TexasMay 12, 2013
Pros: half price lunches. 9/80 schedule
Cons: competent management lacking
Statoil has good benefits that are comparable with the industry. I will elaborate only on Houston Onshore. Not much to praise about.
They lack established processes and nothing runs smoothly.
The work environment is OPEN seating which is very stifling, distracting, and not set up for professionals of our trade.
The management style is one sided and – more... shallow. The politics are designed to confuse and made up to fit the situation at that time.
Big turnover in employees over the last 5 years. Not much improvement since. – less

June 13, 2013

All execs and managers except Legal, HSE and HR are Norwegian. The culture is still very focused on "how Norway does it." There are no processes for anything, bills are rarely ever paid on time, pay is low and there is NO career path for administrative assistants.

Great company to work for in all respects. Focus on individual development and growth, sustainable company development and social responsibility.
Director of Corporate Strategic Technology (Former Employee), Stavanger, NorwaySeptember 20, 2012
Pros: good fundamental values, supportive working environment, many opportunities to learn and grow.
Cons: none.
Thoroughly enjoyed my 14+ years working across all areas of this global company; from downstream refining to upstream E&P and entrepreneurial spin-off company development opportunities.

Great, supportive, corporate culture with a focus not only on what you achieve, but HOW you achieve them!
Disorganized with inexperienced incompetent supervisors
Consulting Landman (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 13, 2012
Pros: office accomodations were excellent
Cons: work environment was unprofessional
The company professes to want to hire experienced people. However management is inexperienced and lack knowledge and expertise. The environment is not conducive for long term employment. Diversity
in employment is not practiced here.I was supervised by someone who told me he did know how to express to me what my job duties were. Additionally he told – more... me that the work did not have to be correct and that I was too precise. – less
A workplace of constructive cooperation
Base, Logistics and Project Support Manager (Former Employee), Iran (Ilam, Khorrram-Abad and Kish Island)February 22, 2012
Pros: a safe and freindly working environment
Cons: unsecured employment contracts for locals, even for those working for more than 10 years
A great company that do take care of its employees in an open and honest means and manners,
A place of cooperative and collaborative teamwork
Spennende & utfordrende.
Project leader drilling facilities (Former Employee), Sandsli, N12November 30, 2014
Pros: frihet i jobben så jeg som den største fordelen.
Cons: som konsulent var ikke statoil alltid inkluderende (uten at dette var et problem).
Som teknisk riggoppfølger fikk jeg styre arbeidsdagen min selv, noe som jeg satte stor pris på. Rapporterte daglig til Statoil`s boreoperasjonsleder. Trivdes veldig bra i jobben som også var veldig lærerik.

About Statoil

Statoil ASA (Statoil), formerly StatoilHydro ASA is an integrated energy company based in Norway with locations in approximately – Read more