Statoil Employee Review

Good company, just not everywhere
Subsurface  (Former Employee) –  Houston,Texas12 May 2013
Statoil has good benefits that are comparable with the industry. I will elaborate only on Houston Onshore. Not much to praise about.
They lack established processes and nothing runs smoothly.
The work environment is OPEN seating which is very stifling, distracting, and not set up for professionals of our trade.
The management style is one sided and shallow. The politics are designed to confuse and made up to fit the situation at that time.
Big turnover in employees over the last 5 years. Not much improvement since.
Pros
Half price lunches. 9/80 schedule
Cons
Competent Management lacking

Other Statoil Employee Reviews

Excellent Career Development Opportunity
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 January 2018
Statoil is an an excellent employer especially for those with an interest in innovation and sustainability. As with any O & G company there will be ups and downs however Statoil's Executive works hard to minimize adverse impacts during challenging economic times.
Great People
INT. PROCUREMENT ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 January 2018
The benefits and incentives are good but what makes people spend years at Statoil is really the people. I was fortunate to have great management my entire time there. The workplace culture is relaxed and a work/life balance is appreciated. Your workload is yours to manage yourself; you are not micro-managed.

The most challenging part of the job is the fact that the head office is international and sometimes the decisions taken for the local offices are tone deaf due to the distance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Statoil. Our community is ready to answer.

Statoil Reviews by Location