Position information : Determinate part time position
Location: Regina, SK
Language: English Essential
Position title: Field Interviewer
Positions available: 3
Closing date: December 31, 2014
Hourly rate: $14.72 - $18.18 per hour
Persons residing or employed within an 80 km radius of Regina, SK.
Conducts data gathering activities from own home, respondent's home or place of business, utilizing various methodologies/technologies such as physical observation, personal visit interviewing, transcription, laptop computer, mail or any combination thereof, ensuring that data collection materials, including laptop computers and paper documents are kept physically secure at all times and that confidentiality is maintained.
Under the general supervision of the Senior Interviewer, conducts data gathering activities utilizing various methodologies/technologies to obtain statistical information as required by the Statistics Act; organizes and completes own work assignments as per instructions; prepares reports and completes administrative forms covering own activity ;performs quality control procedures on own work to facilitate data capture and to ensure the timely receipt of materials in Regional Offices; utilizes a variety of equipment and materials associated with the gathering of survey information; develops and maintains productive and harmonious relations with respondents of assigned surveys; performs other duties prescribed by the employer.
Candidates must be available to work variable scheduled hours on days, evenings and weekends. Hours are subject to change depending upon operational requirements. Some weeks may require full time hours and other weeks may require only a few hours.
Other related information:
- Candidates must obtain a pass mark on the Interviewer Selection Test (IST)
- An interview will be administered
- Reference checks will be sought
- The above assessment methods may be completed in any order
- For previous Statistics Canada employees, reference contacts are not restricted to the list of names given by the candidate. The selection committee reserves the right to contact other references
- A top-down selection may be applied at any phase of the process
- Applications may be selected for consideration based on the date of submission
- Preference may be given to applicants and/or qualified candidates based on geography, language abilities, previous experience and/or availability, which is consistent with the guidelines for assignment of work
- Selection of applications will continue until all positions are filled; if a sufficient number of candidates are found qualified your application may not be selected for consideration. This process may close prior to the date stated on the poster if a sufficient number of applications are received
- As positions become available, candidates who have completed the assessment process and have been found qualified will be offered the position. Therefore, in order to be considered first, it is important that you make yourself available for the assessments, as well as inform your references ahead of time that we will be contacting them
- Please note: for this selection process our intention is to communicate with applications by email for screening/assessment purposes including sending invitations for written tests and interviews. Applicants who apply to this selection process must include in their application a valid email address and make sure this address is functional at all times and accepts messages from unknown users.
Statistics Canada is committed to the principles of diversity and employment equity under the Employment Equity Act, and strives to ensure that our workforce reflects the diverse nature of Canadian society. In support of our strategy to achieve employment equity goals, selection may be limited to candidates self-identifying as belonging to one of the following Employment Equity groups: Aboriginal people, Persons with a Disability and Visible Minorities.
To be considered for this position you must have the following:
- Successful completion of secondary school. An acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience may be accepted.
- Experience dealing with the public.
- Experience in performing basic computer functions (operating a mouse, keyboarding, opening /closing and locating software programs and files)
During the assessment we will consider the following:
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Ability to plan and organize work.
2. Personal suitability
- Effective Interpersonal Skills.
Conditions of Employment:
- be 18 years of age or over
- receive a reliability status security clearance
- provide proof that they are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, or possess a valid work permit from Citizenship and Immigration Canada
- be available to work and travel variable hours on days, evenings and weekends.
- possess a valid Canadian driver's license and have unrestricted use of a vehicle.
- have a private area in their residence to store confidential information, which includes access to a landline telephone
The above conditions of employment must be met before an appointment is made. All costs associated with meeting the conditions of employment are the candidate’s responsibility. Candidates must meet and maintain the above conditions of employment throughout their employment.
Do NOT send your applications through email or Indeed.com. To apply please visit:
Only applications submitted through the Statistics Canada website will be considered
*Please review the job posting in its entirety by visiting the above link for additional information
*A French version of the job posting is also available at the following link: