State Street

State Street Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good
Project Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 23, 2014
Good company. Pay was fair. Work - life balance okay, but commute into Boston was very time-consuming.
Worst Job Ever
Senior Corporate Actions Accountant (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 18, 2014
Cons: thick glass ceiling for minorities
Horrible company to work for in the financial industry. Disturbing the way they treat people of color there. I would never recommend working there to anyone of any race.
Dynamic and challenging work enviornment with constant change
Mutual Fund Accounting Manager, AVP (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOApril 15, 2014
Pros: challenging work
Cons: change to a specific task oriented culture
State Street provides a work environment with multiple challenges throughout the day and is constantly evolving with changes in the business, regulatory and client environments. Recent changes have taken away the self pride of ones work and broken it into specific tasks for that is all you are asked to complete. My position ensures all those tasks completed – more... by other individuals are done properly, timely and accurately before our end of day deadlines. – less
Big Project with ample of opportunities
management as of June 30, 2011 (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 9, 2014
Gathering new requirements , Support , Modify existing code base .etc.
Great place to start a career in Finance
Financial Reporting Analyst - One Lincoln Street (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 5, 2014
You can learn a lot from working at State Street. The company is a big player in the financial industry and it is definitely an amazing place to learn about the industry and build a career.
Operational Transformation
Business Analyst - Assistant Vice President (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 27, 2014
In this role I performed metrics analyses to determine productivity for various departments of State Street.
In this role
SENIOR FUND ACCOUNTANT (Current Employee), Edinburgh, SCTMarch 26, 2014
The main duties are to prepare interim and final accounts based on the Investment Management Association (IMA) SORP. At the start of the month funds are allocated to every associate member of the team. Each team working on an OEIC consisting of many funds is led by an AM. It's in this role that I learnt all the basis of fund accounting. I learnt a lot – more... being close to many of the senior members of the team as I can walk up to anyone to ask any question or resolve any issues.
The hardest part of the job is the pressure it puts on the team when two or more members of the team move jobs (to other organisations) about the same time. The time it takes to bring new people in and train them up puts an immense amount of pressure on the team.
The most enjoyable part of the job is its sheer size, diversity of its people and views and the culture within the organisation that blend the diversities together for common goal of customer satisfaction. – less
good place to work
Associate (Current Employee), BangaloreMarch 22, 2014
State Street is a well known company and the work culture is also good
Productive business environment
Sr. Associate Accounts Receivable (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 18, 2014
Pros: joining a great team of people
Cons: that i didn't get to stay longer working @ ssga
I worked in Accounts Receivable. Maintain monthly Corp. Receivables in Finance. Opened all mail to distribute. Processed all checks that were received daily. Maintain all office machines and repairs.
I came to work for SSgA with no experience and learned a lot in Accounting.
I worked with many great people at this Company, made many friends that I still – more... speak with.
The hardest part for me was not to make a mistake that was always on my mind to make sure I checked all my work.
I enjoyed being apart of a great team at State Street Global Advisors! – less
Good to work for
Manager, Fund Administration Department (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 17, 2014
• Managed day-to-day activities for fund administrators. Lead monthly projects. Worked with clients for coordinating and high level reviewing of their investment books for publishing. Reviewed distribution guidelines, financial reporting changes and other policies and procedures of the funds. Recommended fund income and gain distributions and resolved – more... potential quality control issues with clients, external auditors and internal staff.
• Review compliance, treasury and legal functions performed by fund administrators.
• Review financial statements for accuracy; compliance testing of portfolios to ensure compliance with GAAP tax requirements, IFRS and SEC investment rules.
• Reviewed FAS 157 and 161, Reviewed FAS 157 and 161. Filing N-Q 24F-2, N-SAR, and N-CSR – less
Fun at Work
NAV Reconciliation Analyst (Former Employee), BangaloreMarch 13, 2014
Pros: good corporate environment
Cons: poor pay
SSgA was an awesome place to work with. The corporate culture is so well laid that any graduates would love to enjoy. The learning from the company were immense. I also learnt to manage people and at the same time get the work done by them.
Co-workers were very co-oprerative and friendly. The hardest part of the job was to improvise more on the quality – more... of the work done which was an ongoing process. – less
Not great
Account Manager - Client Operations (Current Employee), BostonMarch 12, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: no breaks
Not great. Management is not very helpful. A lot of layoffs and the culture is pretty bad.
Good company
Fund Administrator (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 11, 2014
Pros: good environment
Cons: stressful at times.
Good company to work for. I wouldn't have stayed if I didn't enjoy it.
Always busy on a daily basis that I always enjoyed. Got along with all of my co-workers and never had any personal problems.
Large company stability, but also impersonal and often unrealistic
Vice President (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 7, 2014
Pros: stable large firm
Cons: corporate culture is toxic.
Although this is a good stable firm, this is among the most impersonal and dysfunctional corporate cultures you can imagine.
A nice company
Team Leader, Office of Architecture (Current Employee), C02March 7, 2014
Technical team leader at State Street Hangzhou, created framework for cloud migration applications, portal applications etc., Worked with Boston headquarter, Chinese technical center and Indian outsourcing vendor daily.
Got spot awards, IT division award at State Street.
Great place to work with competitive salary...
Transaction Processing Manager / AVP (Former Employee), Berwyn, PAMarch 4, 2014
During my years at State Street I learned and experienced many facets of the Mutual/Hedge Fund industry.
Productive and fast pace
Asset Management Services Intern (Former Employee), Quincy, MAMarch 2, 2014
Pros: state street looks good on my resume
Cons: it only lasted 6 months
My typical day at work would input data check for trades and help with other task

While working at State Street, I enjoyed learning about the finance field and who dealing with clients managing deadlines.

My co-workers was great to work with everybody was very supportive which I loved.

The hardest part about my job was the downtown.

The most enjoyable – more... part of my job was I felt like I learned something new everyday. – less
Fund Accounting
Fund Accountant (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 1, 2014
Pros: room to grow and advancement
Cons: allot of people get laid off
I did fund accounting for about 130 funds. I have worked with futures funds, fund of funds, fixed income funds, swap funds, and some multiclass funds. The funds never really have alot of activity on them unless its after a pricing day. Because thats when shareholders could buy and sell into the fund. The fund group I worked in was pretty small they – more... do a really good job of training everyone and making sure you able to to the daily task on your own. – less
Associate
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 27, 2014
NA - I respectfully decline from giving any further poor reviews for it's unprofessional. If you are reading this I would say, "read between the line, this isn't a good review for this company". Good luck if you decide to take a position with them.
Great work enviroment with challenging and rewarding projects
Co-Op in Global Procurement Services (Current Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 26, 2014
9-5
Procurements role in a financial/service company
Supportive and helpful management
Great office culture and environment
Learning all the acronyms and names
Seeing a project completed from start to finish

About State Street

Ol' Blue Eyes sang about the State Street (that great street) in Chicago, but investors may find Boston's State Street more melodious. – Read more