State Street

State Street Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A wonderful team and a very supportive management
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee), NY, NYMay 28, 2014
I love working at State Street. There is a lot of potential for professional growth. The management is quite supportive of your ideas and overall I had an enjoyable experience.
Worst Job Ever really is
Intern (Current Employee), Quincy, MAMay 23, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: glass ceiling.
You are set up for a big career failure. people yell and scream at you all day. please contact me if you agree in the forums.
A great company for recent
Portfolio Administrator/ Bank Loan Specialist (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 18, 2014
Pros: good place to learn the business, many departments to choose from.
Cons: outsourcing, low or slow chance of advancement or raise
State Street is a great place to learn the business, there are many departments to move around which gives employees a chance to better understand how a major financial corporation works.
Maybe thats why it seems there are so many entry level workers that it becomes hard to be recognized and the chance of promotion seems slim. Outsourcing doesn't look – more... to be slowing down, and compared to other companies there is very low pay and loyalty. – less
x
Excel-based financial reports for the CFO (Current Employee), Boston, MAMay 18, 2014
The experience I had at State Street has made me understand the importance of corporate actions and governance, and how to generate efficiencies from an aging structure.
Unit Trust Intern (Former Employee), SydneyMay 17, 2014
Pros: great place to start
Cons: salary might be a little low
A great place to start however you might be required to work longer hours
Reliable and detail oriented individual
Mutual Fund Accpuntant (Former Employee), Princeton, New JerseyMay 15, 2014
Pros: good people to work with.
Pre pared cash projections, reconciled bank statements, prepared trial balances, calculated net asset value, researched differences, prepared monthly, quarterly and annual audit reports.
It's an ok place to work for recent college graduates
Pricing Analyst (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 14, 2014
although it was relatively easy to get a job there right after college, the day to day work was pretty mundane and not challenging.
N/A
Swaps Operations Analyst (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMay 13, 2014
A great company to work for! I learned a lot and dealt with a wide variety of people. Experience I will never forget!
Porductive environment
AUDIT SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Boston, MAMay 4, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: promotion was hard to get in my group.
Friendly coworkers, management is flexible with the schedule.
Senior/Lead Tax Analyst (Current Employee), Boston, MAMay 4, 2014
State and Federal tax preparation along with excise tax. I would not like to comment on the current company that I am currently working at.
Good starting point for a career
Client Operations Administrator (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 4, 2014
Pros: great vacation benenfits
Cons: lay-offs every year and salary is not very competitive
Good introduction to the accounting/finance world. It's more dificult for new people due to a transition into more smaller roles. Now most people only see a piece of the pie and don't understand how all the departmental roles work to maintain the day in the life of a mutual fund. Multiple deadlines throught out the day.
decent starter job
FUND ADMINISTRATION MANAGER (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 2, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: long hours, minimal pay
Long hours, only promoted if you can get in the proper social circles
Productive and Fun Work Place
OFFICER (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 30, 2014
Pros: great team / family oriented enviornment
Cons: many long hours
High volume work environment.Great learning place (cross training)
Management team knowledgeable of process.
Great Employer to work for
Portfolio Accountant (Former Employee), Westwood, MAApril 28, 2014
Pros: location, benefits, and friendships you make
Processing clients Defined Benefit activities for their companies. Processing any need cap stock activity , preforming monthly,quarterly, semi-annual & annual reports. Processing daily cash flow activity reports for clients. Part of the Standard Operating Procedure Committee. My co-workers we great to work with and all got a long well. The hardest part – more... of the job was all the sudden changes that happened with the company from time to time. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning all the different types of fund structures. – less
Challenging work environment
Vice President, Investment Analytics (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAApril 26, 2014
Servicing institutional clients with respect to investment analytics
State Street
Intern (Current Employee), Boston, MAApril 24, 2014
I work on daily distributing funds that have to be maintained in balance throughout the day. I make sure accounts are accruing correctly as while as amortizing at the correct price. When I am not working on the funds I am researching and answering alerts that affect the funds net asset value.
Great work environment
ETF Fund Accountant Associate II (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 23, 2014
The staff was very young, positive and eager to learn. Great place for college grads.
Good
Project Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 23, 2014
Good company. Pay was fair. Work - life balance okay, but commute into Boston was very time-consuming.
Worst Job Ever
Senior Corporate Actions Accountant (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 18, 2014
Cons: thick glass ceiling for minorities
Horrible company to work for in the financial industry. Disturbing the way they treat people of color there. I would never recommend working there to anyone of any race.
Dynamic and challenging work enviornment with constant change
Mutual Fund Accounting Manager, AVP (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOApril 15, 2014
Pros: challenging work
Cons: change to a specific task oriented culture
State Street provides a work environment with multiple challenges throughout the day and is constantly evolving with changes in the business, regulatory and client environments. Recent changes have taken away the self pride of ones work and broken it into specific tasks for that is all you are asked to complete. My position ensures all those tasks completed – more... by other individuals are done properly, timely and accurately before our end of day deadlines. – less

About State Street

Through its flagship State Street Bank and other subsidiaries, the company provides investment management and servicing, trading, – Read more