State Street Employee Reviews

good for first job
Investment Accountant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 August 2015
generally speaking this is a good place to start as first job, but need to consider better opportunities, promotion room is not good, high rotation rate
Pros
no over time
Cons
management inefficient
AML Analyst / State street
Senior Investment Compliance Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, on17 July 2015
I was hired as an AML analyst to work on a remediation project within State Street. The job was very interesting and was motivated to pursue CAMS.
Great environment to work in
Summer Intern student at financial company (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2015
Working at State Street has allowed me to grow my knowledge in the working field. I spent my day infront of a computer inputting company data. The co-workers were very helpful and very friendly with me. The hardest part of the job was finishing all duties within the certain time limit. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact I was given my own freedom to come and go whenever.
Pros
Flexible times, nice and kind people
Cons
long hours, long hours of sitting on a chair
Productive Place to work
Financial Reporting Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 February 2015
State street is progressive company that strives for faciliating both staff and clients. I was a great place to work with excellent mangers and co-workers. The hardest part of my job was the concentrated work hours around reporting periods. My co- workers and the learning opportunities I was afforded were the most enjoyable part of my jon
Pros
Great benefits and progressive carrer
Cons
Learned a lot in this position.
Derivatives Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2015
Very fast paced, well structured work environment. Everything had a specific procedure, and everything was thoroughly cross checked to make sure there was no human errors.
Pros
free lunches
Good workplace to start
Senior Investment Accountant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 December 2014
-support and education is offered when you first start in the role
-enjoyable atmosphere and coworkers
Great stepping stone company for young and fresh grads
Technical Skills Trainer, Global Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 November 2014
A great place to learn as much as you can with good benefits. A relatively young generation company with opportunities for growth and advancement.
benefits
Easy going work environment
Senior Pricing Specialist (Former Employee) –  30 Adelaide Street East28 August 2014
A thirst for knowledge and proactive attitude will be greatly rewarded within the company. Work is at times stressful, but manageable.
Pros
Happy go lucky work environment
Cons
Management lacks skills to properly handle certain situations
Overall it's a good first job out of University!
Senior Pricing and Liquidity Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 August 2014
Good benefit plan, great stepping stone to the industry, lots of hands-on experience due to shortage of staff and overtime pay,
Great Culture
Fund Accountant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 July 2014
I loved working at State Street. The culture was great and the employees were friendly.
Fast paced work environment, extremely challenging but stressful
Vice President, Derivative Operations (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 June 2014
Meet with management team on a daily/weekly basis to discuss key projects, and key risk factors.

Meet with clients to discuss our requirements to service their derivative products

Report to my senior management our key risk factors and our productivity metrics.

Work with vendors to ensure our service needs are being met

Hardest part of job is juggling multiple projects all with equal importance and starting at the same time.

No work life balance

Enjoy the people that I work with. Very dedicated and hard working
Pros
Fast paced, every day brings new challenges
Cons
No work life balance
Good experience at entry level, but repetitive and not a place to stay long
Senior Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 May 2014
Accounting reconciliation. Learned some excel skills. Got exposure to back office finance operations. Work gets quite boring and repetitive.
Vice President Fund administration (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 March 2014
• Assisted with the start up and take on of new hedge funds
• Direct contact and good relations with various CFOs in different locations
• Conversations regarding AML (Anti Money Laundering) with investors
• Reviewing of NAV files prepared by team members, and assisting in solving issues
• Assist with system upgrades and implementations
• Client Due Diligence (CDD) and Know Your Client (KYC) management for potential new and existing clients

Achievements:
- Part of the team to do the take-on for administrating one of the biggest hedge funds in the USA, the York funds;
- Assisting in moving clients over to new Canadian operations.
Productive and fun
NAV Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 March 2014
great place to start your career, but the software is outdated and not the most efficient.
Good workplace if entering the job market
Risk & Admin Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 February 2014
There is no job security, most work is being sent offshore. It is very hard to get promoted, work days are long and management is content with the high turnover. Many strong, loyal people have left because of better jobs or because their jobs were sent to India. Loyalty means nothing and hard work is not rewarded. The best thing about this firm is flex work (working from home). Salary is below average.
Pros
Excellent Benefit plan.
Cons
Constant outsourcing of jobs. No security
Productive work environment
Trade Processor (Former Employee) –  30 Adelaide Street19 November 2013
The job it self was challenging on a day to day basis due to system
enhancements. to meet the clients requirements. The group that I was in, was very cooperative and helpful; especially when targets are to be met on a timely fashion. Overall, the Management was very supportive, in providing the necessary tools to achieve our goals.
Good company to work for
Senior Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2013
State Street has a great work/life balance that most Canadian financials do not. Worth investigating job opportunities.
Good experience
AIS Client Operations Officer, Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 October 2013
Good entry level position for finance and growth. Global company with many opportunities to grow and diversify.
Hedged Fund - Fund of Fund
Fund Accountant (Former Employee) –  Toronto Ontario2 October 2013
Main tasks
- Performed daily and monthly cash reconciliation
- Prepared monthly NAVs and generate backup calculations
Great place to work and grow
Spanish-English Certified Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 August 2013
Very fast pace institution. Trades and requests constantly coming through in different ways. Attention to details is prime. The staff is great and very diverse.
Pros
Great location/ ability to work from home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at State Street. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval