State Street

State Street Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good company to work as a fresher
Associate (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAAugust 8, 2014
Good company to start your career as a fresher in terms of learning and compensation.
Enjoyable work experience
IT Work Experience (Former Employee), Edinburgh, SCTAugust 8, 2014
Enjoyable place to work and learn. Staff are very friendly and accomodating. Always looking to keep you involved and interested in what you are learning.
The same positions are advertised frequently
Accounting Associate (Former Employee), Sacramento, CaliforniaAugust 5, 2014
Cons: sacramento location has high turn over.
I'm on Indeed often. I see the same Accounting Associate position advertised over and over.

I actually applied for an Accounting Associate job at the State Street location in Sacramento. I received a phone interview.

The lady didn't interview me professionally. She was just going through the motions. She asked me questions like "were you born in the – more... United States." "Do you have a valid drivers license." "Can you answer the phone."

The HR lady's response was "yep" "yep" over and over.

I applied for an accounting job. None of the interview questions were related to accounting.

I knew more than she did. The HR lady was incompetent who interviewed me on the phone.

Common sense tells you that when your in an accounting position your entering in numbers all day long. Answering the phone is not part of accounting. It is a receptionist job.

State street doesn't have good managment structure. The same jobs are advertised over and over. There is high turnover in the Sacramento location. No one can keep their job. Most people only stay with the company a few months, because the office in Sacramento is messed up and snobish corporate do you sound like, me, do you look like me, do you believe the same way I do if not your not going to get anywhere here attitude office politics.

It is a waste of time trying to work there. If you manage to get a foot in the door your just a number to them. A waste of time to give your time and effort in this office You will be ignored by management. They don't care about their employees. No raises or wage increases. – less
Senior Associate- NACC1 ETF Team
Senior Associate (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 3, 2014
• Manage and provide training to an ETF accounting team contributing to the net asset value (NAV) calculation
• Review work processed by team of accountants including: dividend accounting changes, distribution postings, securities litigation postings, fixed-income accruals
• Monitor and validate any resulting (NAV) or cash component impacting events
 – more... Liaise with custodians and client to resolve income discrepancies between cash payments received and accounting income due
• Calculate and report cash in/ out due to client and authorized participant in custom in-kind basket ETF creation/ redemption process – less
Restricted per confidentiality
Tax administrator and others (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 3, 2014
Pros: good vacation package
Cons: low pay
Depend on your department, a work day can be stressful specially during peak demand. Internal mobility within various departments yield various skills; however many incompetent managers lead to high turn over ratio. Co-workers are great but frequent lay off dashes job security.
Good environment to demonstrate leadership and initiatives
Lead Internal Management Consultant (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 30, 2014
Good environment to demonstrate leadership and initiatives
Worked through college.
Tax Analyst (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: flexible work hours.
Cons: part time.
I was a bank teller all through college and a little after. At the time it was only a part-time position and I was commuting from Cape Cod to Fairhaven everyday which was not ideal.
Organised
Fund Accountant (Current Employee), Cape TownJuly 28, 2014
The priority is to perform monthly reconciliations on funds.
I have learned how various funds work and perform. My Microsoft Excel skills has increased substantially as a by product of my daily duties.

Co-workers are motivated and there is a great sense of team.

The hardest part of my job may essentially be sourcing information that is not immediately – more... available but also exciting exploring various avenues to get what is required.

The most enjoyable part is completing all duties within a very slim time frame. – less
Client facing internship
Global Client Services Analyst (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 28, 2014
This particular group within State Street Global Services doesn't necessarily bring in the most revenue for STT, but it was a great place to intern. This team services the business development arm of State Street's Investment Management Services and was a great place to intern and gain some client-facing experience.
Fun at work
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), BangaloreJuly 23, 2014
Pros: sodexos and cabs
Cons: project merging
Nice to work here for almost one and half year
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Hardest part of the job
Client Operations Administrator (Current Employee), Quincy, MAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: lots of vacation time
Cons: short breaks
The lack of new technology. This creates a frustrating environment and often times results in errors that could be avoided with more up to date software.
Opportunities for growth
Human Resources / Event Coordinator Intern (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 14, 2014
Great experience; inclusive workplace; interesting and meaningful work; changing workload; great networking events
OK
Associate II (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 10, 2014
Worst job ever. Terrible culture and pay. I wish I had never taken that job, almost ruined my career.
Good perks, but all depends on manager
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 8, 2014
Pros: holidays & health ins.
Cons: managers can be tough & work you to bone without any thanks
Got good review, but chance to advance within company wasn't easy. Hoping that has changed by now.
Great health insurance (at the time, anyway) & annual reviews.
Great holidays off.
Everything depends on your own manager. E.g., even if others leave early the day before a holiday, your manager may not allow it.
Work/life balance needs to be more promoted – more... within the company. – less
Good work/ life balance
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 1, 2014
State Street is a good place to work with great work/ life balance. The coworkers at the company tend to be really nice and helpful.
more than just a bank
Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 30, 2014
Cons: i was a contractor who was wrapping up
satisfy the user’s needs. Friendly and professional Global enterprise.
Productive and very busy day
Senior Client Service Representative (Former Employee), Quincy, MAJune 29, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: n/a
A typical day at work is coming in the am and following up on prior day's issues.

What I learned from management is always be accountable.

The hardest part of the job is when your peers call out sick and your workloads double.

The most enjoyable part of my job is speaking with the clients and resolving their issues
Dynamic, results oriented individual with extensive financial operational experience. Broad expertise in complex fund structures. Strong track record
Manager – Client Operations (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 28, 2014
• Managed a portfolio of funds with twenty billion in total assets consisted of multiple sub advisor relationships for various investment products.
• Facilitated quarterly FAS reporting and audit verification through direct communication with investment managers and brokers for the client(s).
• Calculated nightly Net Asset Value (NAV) of mutual funds – more... that consisted of actively managed and fund of funds.
• Created new effective procedures that aided with time management and increased efficiency of the NAV.
• Increased the NAV deadline of 7pm from 72% to above 96%.
• Performed internal audit reviews of funds in compliance with GAAP standards.
• Interviewed potential candidates and provided feedback to upper management.
• Trained new hires with various systems and reporting platforms.
• Delegated projects to offshore teams with weekly follow up meetings on its progress and achieving deadlines. – less
The silo
Account Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 16, 2014
You are very siloed off and there aren't many chances to advance.
Great first job out of college
Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 12, 2014
State Street was a great first job and a great place to obtain experience in a lot of different areas.

About State Street

Ol' Blue Eyes sang about the State Street (that great street) in Chicago, but investors may find Boston's State Street more melodious. – Read more