State Street

State Street Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good place to work
Associate (Current Employee), BangaloreMarch 22, 2014
State Street is a well known company and the work culture is also good
Productive business environment
Sr. Associate Accounts Receivable (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 18, 2014
Pros: joining a great team of people
Cons: that i didn't get to stay longer working @ ssga
I worked in Accounts Receivable. Maintain monthly Corp. Receivables in Finance. Opened all mail to distribute. Processed all checks that were received daily. Maintain all office machines and repairs.
I came to work for SSgA with no experience and learned a lot in Accounting.
I worked with many great people at this Company, made many friends that I still – more... speak with.
The hardest part for me was not to make a mistake that was always on my mind to make sure I checked all my work.
I enjoyed being apart of a great team at State Street Global Advisors! – less
Good to work for
Manager, Fund Administration Department (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 17, 2014
• Managed day-to-day activities for fund administrators. Lead monthly projects. Worked with clients for coordinating and high level reviewing of their investment books for publishing. Reviewed distribution guidelines, financial reporting changes and other policies and procedures of the funds. Recommended fund income and gain distributions and resolved – more... potential quality control issues with clients, external auditors and internal staff.
• Review compliance, treasury and legal functions performed by fund administrators.
• Review financial statements for accuracy; compliance testing of portfolios to ensure compliance with GAAP tax requirements, IFRS and SEC investment rules.
• Reviewed FAS 157 and 161, Reviewed FAS 157 and 161. Filing N-Q 24F-2, N-SAR, and N-CSR – less
Fun at Work
NAV Reconciliation Analyst (Former Employee), BangaloreMarch 13, 2014
Pros: good corporate environment
Cons: poor pay
SSgA was an awesome place to work with. The corporate culture is so well laid that any graduates would love to enjoy. The learning from the company were immense. I also learnt to manage people and at the same time get the work done by them.
Co-workers were very co-oprerative and friendly. The hardest part of the job was to improvise more on the quality – more... of the work done which was an ongoing process. – less
Not great
Account Manager - Client Operations (Current Employee), BostonMarch 12, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: no breaks
Not great. Management is not very helpful. A lot of layoffs and the culture is pretty bad.
Good company
Fund Administrator (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 11, 2014
Pros: good environment
Cons: stressful at times.
Good company to work for. I wouldn't have stayed if I didn't enjoy it.
Always busy on a daily basis that I always enjoyed. Got along with all of my co-workers and never had any personal problems.
Large company stability, but also impersonal and often unrealistic
Vice President (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 7, 2014
Pros: stable large firm
Cons: corporate culture is toxic.
Although this is a good stable firm, this is among the most impersonal and dysfunctional corporate cultures you can imagine.
A nice company
Team Leader, Office of Architecture (Current Employee), C02March 7, 2014
Technical team leader at State Street Hangzhou, created framework for cloud migration applications, portal applications etc., Worked with Boston headquarter, Chinese technical center and Indian outsourcing vendor daily.
Got spot awards, IT division award at State Street.
Great place to work with competitive salary...
Transaction Processing Manager / AVP (Former Employee), Berwyn, PAMarch 4, 2014
During my years at State Street I learned and experienced many facets of the Mutual/Hedge Fund industry.
Productive and fast pace
Asset Management Services Intern (Former Employee), Quincy, MAMarch 2, 2014
Pros: state street looks good on my resume
Cons: it only lasted 6 months
My typical day at work would input data check for trades and help with other task

While working at State Street, I enjoyed learning about the finance field and who dealing with clients managing deadlines.

My co-workers was great to work with everybody was very supportive which I loved.

The hardest part about my job was the downtown.

The most enjoyable – more... part of my job was I felt like I learned something new everyday. – less
Fund Accounting
Fund Accountant (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 1, 2014
Pros: room to grow and advancement
Cons: allot of people get laid off
I did fund accounting for about 130 funds. I have worked with futures funds, fund of funds, fixed income funds, swap funds, and some multiclass funds. The funds never really have alot of activity on them unless its after a pricing day. Because thats when shareholders could buy and sell into the fund. The fund group I worked in was pretty small they – more... do a really good job of training everyone and making sure you able to to the daily task on your own. – less
Associate
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 27, 2014
NA - I respectfully decline from giving any further poor reviews for it's unprofessional. If you are reading this I would say, "read between the line, this isn't a good review for this company". Good luck if you decide to take a position with them.
Great work enviroment with challenging and rewarding projects
Co-Op in Global Procurement Services (Current Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 26, 2014
9-5
Procurements role in a financial/service company
Supportive and helpful management
Great office culture and environment
Learning all the acronyms and names
Seeing a project completed from start to finish
stable job
AVP, Middle Office Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: stable job
Cons: need to take a pay cut
I worked at State Street's IR middle office supporting its expanding and newly started fixed income proprietary trading unit during 2010. Company culture is friendly and a stabel job, despite lower compensation rate comparing to some other competitors.
Great opportunity to learn about the financial services industry.
Investment Services Intern (Current Employee), Boston, MaFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: fantastic learning experience for college seniors.
Cons: staring salaries for entry level positions not as competitive.
As an intern, I am trusted with tasks very similar to those of full time employees. This has opened the doors to a likely job offer from State Street, and has also helped me strengthen my resume.
Decent place to start
Business Analyst, Senior Associate (Current Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: big
Cons: big
Decent place to start and work when you finish college. Learned the industry and got my foot in the door
The Project World
Process Excellence Project Analyst (Former Employee), LuxembourgFebruary 21, 2014
The past few months I have been involved in a project to design and implement a cross functional Target Operating Model that links deliverables to brand objectives, aligns business strategy with corporate goals, improves financial return, standardizes jurisdictions and provides solid MIs. This has been my first (and hopefully not last) taste of the – more... project environment. I have found this endeavor challenging and rewarding. This atmosphere is not for everyone, three steps forward requires two steps back. The constantly changing nature of the job is exhilarating for me. – less
A progressive company that offers advancement with great benefits
Client Operations Manager (Current Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 19, 2014
A progressive company that offers advancement with great benefits
Analyst (Former Employee), Quincy, MAFebruary 18, 2014
Fast pace, great place to learn great communication skills.
Make sure the work is done in a timely manner
Great benefits
A fun place to work.
Senior Asset Reconciliation Specialist-Auditor (Former Employee), Princeton, NJFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: team building activities
Cons: too political
I was part of three different units and learned how each unit helps each other.

About State Street

Ol' Blue Eyes sang about the State Street (that great street) in Chicago, but investors may find Boston's State Street more melodious. – Read more