State Street

State Street Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
N/A
IT Project Manager, Assistant Vice President (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 26, 2014
A wonderful workplace; widely respected corporation in financial services industry; great work/life balance and flex time.
productive and friendly enviroment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOAugust 22, 2014
Pros: free lunch sometimes, work from home, gym at work
Cons: can't think of any
Enjoyed going to work daily,a typical day was ... entering clients info, printing it and sorting reports to coworkers and myself to check daily prices, net asset listings... generally to see if all was matched and balanced. Check and filed microfiche, pulling and printing bank statements for clients and coworkers, filed many client reports, made many – more... folders for each clients and filed their reports in folders daily and at monthend we had to enter amounts into the system and made sure it all netted corrected. Received baskets of mail 4 times daily, I had to sort and deliver to 4 floors into 8 baskets and hand deliver mail to seniors, managers, asst vice presidents. I boxed up reports and labeled and made sure they were sent out to storage.I learned as I went along, but I think the hardest was not to be afraid or new challenges. I loved all my coworkers had not problems with anyone.And i would say the most enjoyable was we all had good times , no pressure, we had times of playing daily word games that took only a few second to a few minutes to do just to take a break from work without leaving our desk especially at monthend when we had tons of work to do.We had birthday food days once a month, which was fun and good. – less
great department to work for, I learned a lot working for State Street Bank
Senior Portfolio Administration (Former Employee), Quincy, MAAugust 13, 2014
Learned a great deal about Mutual Funds , Investment strategies and customer service and lot more
time to time we had ice cream breaks or pizza breaks
Senior Tax Associate (Former Employee), Boston MassAugust 13, 2014
Pros: some times free lunches
Cons: we can take breakes any time with out problems as long as you do your job
my job at state street began at at 9AM most of the time untill 5PM depending the work load. some days I used work till 6pm or 7Pm or may be later. I learned many things such as how do Tax returns, Fiscal provisions, audit tax returns both federal and state returns many other things. Through my professional work experience at state street and fleet bank – more... I have wonderfull mangemnet. I had good relationship with my co-workers and learned a lot of things from them. My hardest part of my job was excise peroid which I was working long period of time but I always met my deadlines. The most enjoyable of my job was when our clients appreciate the job we done for them. – less
Good old fashion factory work
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAAugust 13, 2014
With the financial down turn and aggressive bottom line management State Street has a conflicting message for employee's. It promotes individual performance for compensation but rewards with pacification.
Review TBD
Business Analyst/ CRM Administrator (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 13, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Big company with little care for employees
Senior Associate (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: exposure to financial instruments and markets
Cons: work load, lack of employee empowerment, little incentives
Aside from the knowledgeable and helpful management teams, who are stuck in the same system as all the other non-executive staff, there is little benefit here. The term 'doing more with less' is utilized in the most extreme sense as the teams I've worked for and with are constantly facing staffing and time concerns while the executives pile on the new – more... business. There is no employee rewarding program and little financial incentive, if any at all in recent history, to keep the sheep happy here. The experience is a plus as the exposure is beneficial, but given the strapped daily schedules and delivery deadlines, you have little to no time to actually dive deeper into your areas of work to become more well versed. Get in, get the couple years experience you need, and move on to bigger and better things. – less
Good company to work as a fresher
Associate (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAAugust 8, 2014
Good company to start your career as a fresher in terms of learning and compensation.
Enjoyable work experience
IT Work Experience (Former Employee), Edinburgh, SCTAugust 8, 2014
Enjoyable place to work and learn. Staff are very friendly and accomodating. Always looking to keep you involved and interested in what you are learning.
The same positions are advertised frequently
Accounting Associate (Former Employee), Sacramento, CaliforniaAugust 5, 2014
Cons: sacramento location has high turn over.
I'm on Indeed often. I see the same Accounting Associate position advertised over and over.

I actually applied for an Accounting Associate job at the State Street location in Sacramento. I received a phone interview.

The lady didn't interview me professionally. She was just going through the motions. She asked me questions like "were you born in the – more... United States." "Do you have a valid drivers license." "Can you answer the phone."

The HR lady's response was "yep" "yep" over and over.

I applied for an accounting job. None of the interview questions were related to accounting.

I knew more than she did. The HR lady was incompetent who interviewed me on the phone.

Common sense tells you that when your in an accounting position your entering in numbers all day long. Answering the phone is not part of accounting. It is a receptionist job.

State street doesn't have good managment structure. The same jobs are advertised over and over. There is high turnover in the Sacramento location. No one can keep their job. Most people only stay with the company a few months, because the office in Sacramento is messed up and snobish corporate do you sound like, me, do you look like me, do you believe the same way I do if not your not going to get anywhere here attitude office politics.

It is a waste of time trying to work there. If you manage to get a foot in the door your just a number to them. A waste of time to give your time and effort in this office You will be ignored by management. They don't care about their employees. No raises or wage increases. – less
Senior Associate- NACC1 ETF Team
Senior Associate (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 3, 2014
• Manage and provide training to an ETF accounting team contributing to the net asset value (NAV) calculation
• Review work processed by team of accountants including: dividend accounting changes, distribution postings, securities litigation postings, fixed-income accruals
• Monitor and validate any resulting (NAV) or cash component impacting events
 – more... Liaise with custodians and client to resolve income discrepancies between cash payments received and accounting income due
• Calculate and report cash in/ out due to client and authorized participant in custom in-kind basket ETF creation/ redemption process – less
Restricted per confidentiality
Tax administrator and others (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 3, 2014
Pros: good vacation package
Cons: low pay
Depend on your department, a work day can be stressful specially during peak demand. Internal mobility within various departments yield various skills; however many incompetent managers lead to high turn over ratio. Co-workers are great but frequent lay off dashes job security.
Good environment to demonstrate leadership and initiatives
Lead Internal Management Consultant (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 30, 2014
Good environment to demonstrate leadership and initiatives
Worked through college.
Tax Analyst (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: flexible work hours.
Cons: part time.
I was a bank teller all through college and a little after. At the time it was only a part-time position and I was commuting from Cape Cod to Fairhaven everyday which was not ideal.
Organised
Fund Accountant (Current Employee), Cape TownJuly 28, 2014
The priority is to perform monthly reconciliations on funds.
I have learned how various funds work and perform. My Microsoft Excel skills has increased substantially as a by product of my daily duties.

Co-workers are motivated and there is a great sense of team.

The hardest part of my job may essentially be sourcing information that is not immediately – more... available but also exciting exploring various avenues to get what is required.

The most enjoyable part is completing all duties within a very slim time frame. – less
Client facing internship
Global Client Services Analyst (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 28, 2014
This particular group within State Street Global Services doesn't necessarily bring in the most revenue for STT, but it was a great place to intern. This team services the business development arm of State Street's Investment Management Services and was a great place to intern and gain some client-facing experience.
Fun at work
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), BangaloreJuly 23, 2014
Pros: sodexos and cabs
Cons: project merging
Nice to work here for almost one and half year
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Hardest part of the job
Client Operations Administrator (Current Employee), Quincy, MAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: lots of vacation time
Cons: short breaks
The lack of new technology. This creates a frustrating environment and often times results in errors that could be avoided with more up to date software.
Opportunities for growth
Human Resources / Event Coordinator Intern (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 14, 2014
Great experience; inclusive workplace; interesting and meaningful work; changing workload; great networking events
OK
Associate II (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 10, 2014
Worst job ever. Terrible culture and pay. I wish I had never taken that job, almost ruined my career.

About State Street

Ol' Blue Eyes sang about the State Street (that great street) in Chicago, but investors may find Boston's State Street more melodious. – Read more