State Street

Bad payee
No qualifications required
high turn over ratio
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Princeton, NJNovember 19, 2014
This is one of the company where we can learn many productive things. Environment was very friendly and supportive.
Great Team workers
Portfolio Accountant (Former Employee), Alameda, CANovember 17, 2014
Pros: great people, flexible work hours
Cons: laid off and moved to sacramento
Loved my work as a Fund Accountant and Auditor. Great company with some great people who were families to me.
It is fine.
Application Developer (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 17, 2014
It is a great company. I have learned a lot from my experience of state street. the co-workers are nice and working culture are up-lift.
the hardest part of the job is out source which makes hour long and job security gone. most of people can't put soul and heard in job because of out source.
Solid company - a place to gain some great work experience.
Officer (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 12, 2014
Pros: flex work arrangement
Cons: as of 2014, there were several rounds of layoffs.
Typically a fun place to work. Great work/life balance with the Flex Work Program (work remotely, condensed schedules, etc.).
Good Enviroment
Senior Fund Administrator Supervisor (Former Employee), Fair Lawn, NJNovember 12, 2014
A little behind the times with technology, but overall a decent place to be.
Global Financial Services Company
Director of Accounting/Vice President (Current Employee), Boston, MANovember 9, 2014
StateStreet is a global financial services company and a leader in asset management and custody services. It offers great career opportunity and has a diverse workforce.
Excellent place to work
Investment Accountant (Current Employee), KansasOctober 30, 2014
This is a good company to work for. You gain a lot of knowledge in the financial accounting industry.The employees strive to work as a team, rather than compete.
Benefits
Fund Accountant, Associate 1 (Current Employee), kansas city missouriOctober 30, 2014
benefits are excellent at state street. Job is not hard but pay is not that great and the layoffs are getting bad
fun place to work
AVP OPERATIONAL RISK MANAGER (Former Employee), londonOctober 30, 2014
Cons: long hours, no flexibility given to me to work from home
I enjoyed my time at State Street, I was given an opportunity to travel to different locations to set up office and train staff. I was not happy with the management, there was no interaction.
Work work and then some more work
Global Client Service Representative (Former Employee), Quincy, MAOctober 29, 2014
Pros: met some wonderful people; learned to management and multitask a fast pace, high risk; deadline driven workload while providing a high level customer service
Cons: no work and life balance; pay rate and bonuses; undervalued employees
If you looking for a work and life balance this is not the place for you. This is a cut throat company which corporate model is "Do more with less". The only way for career advancement is if you willing to live and breath the your position. When you think given it all you got than you must give that much more. Looking to be challenged in a way you have – more... never imagined this maybe a place to start. The words " sink or swim" take on its meaning after working for this company. I am grateful to have work for this company because I feel I could do the US president's job with minimal to no training --maybe exaggerating just a bit--but comes close to it. – less
Great company for my last Co-op
University Relations Co-op (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 19, 2014
This was where I spent 6 months for my last Co-op experience. It was a wonderful job and an amazing learning experience. It really taught me to love recruiting and helped make me capable of all of things I am now able to do.
Not an enjoyable place
Portfolio Accountant-Associate (Current Employee), Boston, MAOctober 19, 2014
Not my dream job; horrible management and hours are not very flexible, especially for employees that have a long commute.
Great place to learn
Senior Performance Analyst (Current Employee), Boston, MAOctober 10, 2014
Fast paced, good startup for a fresh out of college, knowledgeable managers, getting better at flex schedule, good benefits.
Multi-tasking with various clientele made for fun fire drills.
Client Services Representative (Former Employee), Kansas City, MissouriOctober 8, 2014
There was always something new with State Street each and every day. The hardest part of the job was not being trained properly. It was a hands on learn as you go process so I experienced ups and downs with the job. I met many good people and became close to clients all around the country. I learned much about the financial system, and the ins and outs – more... of investment management and accounting for many firms. – less
Productive and Fun workplace
Senior Project Manager/Business Continuity Lead (Current Employee), Boston, MAOctober 2, 2014
Pros: flexible with work time and work from home option
Cons: long night calls with offshore teams (china, india)
I love working for this team! All my managers so far has helped me in my career growth by giving me the knowledge and push i need to choose the right path. Our Sr MD treats everyone in my team as family. We have team in China, India (Bangalore) and London that i communicate on daily basis. we have fun team in China but the hardest part here is time – more... difference. Most days i have to take calls at 9pm till 10pm and if we are having a project release or some other issues i will be on call with China team till 11pm...

I love working with my team!! we are one big family!! we have Internationl potlucks, regular outings with team members and families.... – less
Design, Development, Coding and Testing of Business and Commercial applications
SQL/BI Developer (Current Employee), Boston, MAOctober 1, 2014
The goal of the project was to create reports for internal business manages to see performance level of associates at different organization level. I have created reports at associate hierarchy level and organization hierarchy level.
Productive and Fun workplace
Custody Specialist, Assoc. 1 (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: encourage teamwork and continually assist in their employees to furthering their knowledge
Cons: outsourcing work to other countries.
Flexible Working Hours and Work From Home
Specialized Business Consultant (Current Employee), Boston, MASeptember 18, 2014
The working hours, work from home ability and the professional management environment are very good. It's a very good company for your to create your professional experience.
competitive work environment
Fund Reporting Accountant (Former Employee), Quincy, MassachusettsSeptember 12, 2014
State Street is willing to train new employees. The turnover ratio is high in Fund Accounting.

About State Street

Through its flagship State Street Bank and other subsidiaries, the company provides investment management and servicing, trading, – Read more