State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Sales on your time.
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 2, 2014
My position took place in a "new, just starting office". There is a big push on life insurance and also your typical weekly one on one. 3/4 people in an office max.
• Provided assistance to underwriting staff, agents and policyholder.
Underwriting Clerk, NJ Auto (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJJuly 31, 2014
Performed data entry, other clerical duties and administration processing with speed and accuracy.
Prepared application for underwriters while verifying the forms for content and accuracy.
Provided assistance to underwriting staff, agents and policy holder.
DIVERSITY
Customer Representative (Former Employee), NAPLES,FLJuly 31, 2014
CUSTOMER SERVICE, POLICIES REVIEWS, TRANSACTIONS,BINDING POLICIES
Depends on your agent
Insurance Office Manager (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 31, 2014
Cons: no benefits, no upward mobility
Your agent can make or break you. If you have a good one, you may make money and be treated well. If you don't, good luck to you. Each agent is independent and there is no recourse against them.
Productive and Laid back
CLAIMS ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Richardson, TXJuly 31, 2014
A day at State Farm is laid back and productive. I've learned how to handle claims in other states. I've also learned laws that help handle auto claims. The most enjoyable part of my job is hearing the happiness in a customer's voice when I am able to help them get their life back together after an accident.
Loved working here
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILJuly 31, 2014
What a fun environment to work in!

Great hours, good people, and friends for life.

The only hard part about this job is dealing with the hot temperatures on typical summer days.

There is not much to complain about! Great summer job!
FLEXIBLE, SMALL OFFICE ENVIRONEMENT
Office Manager (Current Employee), Walnut Creek, CAJuly 30, 2014
Pros: flexible and small office environment
Cons: limited advancement and salary cap
Working in a State Farm agency pgovides the opportunity to develop relationships with policyholders. Throughout the course of the day, the team interacts with clients regarding several different issues (i.e. claims, billing coverage, etc.) As a State Farm office manager, I wear several different hats. Sales is expected as well as the responsbility of – more... running an office to ensure efficiency and proactivity. Since it is a small office, it is imperative that all employees have positive attitudes as well as great communication skills. During the day, existing customer demands can be plentiful, which makes it challenging to spend time making outgoing sales calls in order to generate new business. The most enjoyable aspect of my position with State Farm is being able to manage my workday and prioritze specific daily goals. Some days we focus onc laim follow-up and others on prospecting and marketing. Although the work environment is flexible, challenging and fast paced, it does not provide opportunity for more growth and advancement. – less
Very postive reinforcment
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILJuly 30, 2014
Pros: positive coaching
Cons: hours
I was making and taking phone calls for customer who needed to make their auto loan payment. Helped customer who had question about their auto loan account. Weather that was about the payments and interest rates to why they received a credit mark on a certain month. I also helped then to submit a request for an extension on their loan for payments that – more... have been missed or for a voluntary repossession because they can no longer afford their loan. – less
Busy, high phone volume
Claim Representative (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 29, 2014
State Farm is a great company to work for. Most management is supportive in advancement and will work with you to move up. Volume is high, job security is also high. Yearly raises is a plus which most companies cannot provide on a yearly basis
Great
Initial Lost Reporting Customer Rep (Current Employee), Tacoma, WAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: better schedules
The training is great and everyone is willing to assist at all times.
I gained gratification from helping others make wise decisions.
Staff Agent LSA6^/Office Manager (Former Employee), Dearborn Heights, MIJuly 29, 2014
Pros: proud to make each customer as satisfied with state farm as i have been
I gained tons of satisfaction during my years with State Farm not only as a loyal customer myself, but as a friend to all I was able to direct to helping making decisions based on my own experience.
Great entry level.
Team Memeber (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEJuly 28, 2014
Great entry level but the pay is very low and the commission is a joke. It is a easy job!!!
Sales
Sales/Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Brownsville, TXJuly 28, 2014
look for the business, meet new people every day, negotiate prices
competative work place
Experienced Auto Claims Processor (Former Employee), Malta, NYJuly 27, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Good place to work. flexible hours. fast pace environment.
Learning Experience
Assistant Customer Representative (Former Employee), Frederick, MDJuly 27, 2014
A typical work day for me was first I would check emails to see if I had to update customers information. Then I would call people to ask if there were able to make their payment for their car insurance or other insurance payments. I would also answer calls to transfer people to my representatives, and take their payments via over the phone or in person. – more... I learned how insurance works, and learned to apply people for credit cards. Management and co-workers were great they helped when dealing with customers and how to take notes when a customer give you car information. Hardest part of the job was being unable to write insurance policies when people wanted to insure a car. Most enjoyable part of the job was learning how insurance works and meeting new people. – less
Great
Licensed Office Representative (Former Employee), Bloomington, INJuly 26, 2014
State Farm is a great company and I refer many people to them.
I loved working here.
Employee (Former Employee), Valley Center, KSJuly 26, 2014
Pros: great work area, i was trusted.
Cons: i wasn't able to work more hours due to school and after school events.
Statefarm was a great place for me to get the feel of how working there would be. I was well trusted, I was given a lot of responsibility there. It was a great work environment.
Fast paced and well organized place to work!
Team Member (Current Employee), Union City, TNJuly 24, 2014
Placed and received phone calls.
Took payments in person as well as over the phone.
Created appointments.
Enjoyed the part time hours and working with public
Keith Hodges Agent (Former Employee), Valley Center, KSJuly 24, 2014
Pros: we had fruit juices, water and soft drinks furnished.
Cons: can't think of any.
Answering phone, waiting on customers, doing homeowners and auto quotes and addition or deletion of vehicles to current policies, faxing, typing ID cards and claim checks, taking pictures of homes to be insured and any wood burning stoves with measurements to any flammable walls etc., also inspection of newly purchased vehicles, basic office work.
Learned – more... to work at a Direct Marketing Agency, I had always worked for an Independent Agency.
Management was excellent, the agent in control was GREAT!
Co-workers were good at what they did, a great place to learn.
Can't think of any hard parts to the job.
Enjoyed working there. – less
Food Prep Cook
Food Preparation Worker (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILJuly 22, 2014
Pros: free breakfast and lunch
Corporate cafeteria setting for breakfast and lunch.

Learned team values.

Management and co-workers were team oriented.

Hardest part of the job was set-up.

Most enjoyable was the working team.

About State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company® is the largest auto insurer in the U.S. since 1942. About one of every five – Read more

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Photos