State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
1,787 reviews

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive and learnt a lot in Statefarm
Aix/Unix Administrator (Current Employee), Bloomington, ILNovember 20, 2014
It is good working with my present company. I worked here for almost one year and every day is a new learning experience.
Merchandisor
Receptionist (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLNovember 20, 2014
Drove around to different business and set up displays with sun tan lotions
Overall State Farm Corporate is a great company
Agent Representative / Office Manager (Current Employee), Winnsboro, TXNovember 19, 2014
Pros: flexibility with my personal schedule
Cons: lack of acting agent leadership
My review for the actual agent office I currently work for is less than the actual organization itself. Agent is very unorganized and lacks true business knowledge in how to manage her office in a productive manner and financially.
Small spring break job
Clerk (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 19, 2014
I normally just filed and cleaned the office. The ladies I worked with were always very nice.
If you want your own money better own an agency
Multi-Line Representative (Current Employee), NCNovember 19, 2014
Pros: indoors
Cons: no job advancement very little commission low salary
If you are looking to be an agent and own your own agency that would be the way to go. Otherwise, you will be doing all the work with very little reward. Even though we sell insurance they don't provide it. No discounts for employees either. Unless you are comfortable with 20000 a year better use your insurance license to make the 50000 plus you would – more... in another company. If someone is working on their license they make as much as you do. The most enjoyable part is getting home looking for new jobs so you can work two or three to make what you should at one. – less
Productive Place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 19, 2014
Working for State Farm Insurance I would handle Beginning of Day, Cancellations, Renewals, take payments, process claims as well as sell and do service work for existing customers.
great place
Bi-lingual Customer service representative (Current Employee), Bangor, MINovember 19, 2014
• State Farm as a Bi-lingual Customer service representative
403 Division Street
Bangor, MI 49013
June 17, 2014- present
Supervisor: Lynne Farmer (owner)
Tasks performed here:
 Being bilingual helping the workers and customer when there was a language barrier
 answering phones,
 Used the computers, and had on a day to day basis customer interaction.
 – more... Interacting with all ages groups.
 Filing and retrieving material from the filing room
 Made copies
 Sent and received fax – less
Great Opportunity to Learn necessary skills to survive in a Corporate workplace
Agency Field Support Staff (Former Employee), White Plains, NYNovember 17, 2014
This is an amazing company to work for because they pride themselves on giving adequate training to all their employees. They also have management who are pretty good at training new employees or at least setting you up with the right people. I learned customer service, office management, inventory management, working with a budget, and event planning. – more... The co-workers are pretty understanding with helping a new hire out and always answer questions. Most of the people you could / would come across in State Farm want you to succeed in your job. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with grumpy customers who got transferred to our office when they should not have been since I don't have an agents system. The most enjoyable part of the job was being included in the fun activities that usually secretaries are left out of. – less
Great company to work and learn at
Project Manager (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILNovember 17, 2014
Pros: highly collaborative work environment, leveraging the most advanced technologies, methodologies like agile and scrum, itil and lean six sigma framework, best practices
Cons: flexible work hours and the ease of work from home at least one day per week
The CDE program at State Farm was supposedly the largest IT program running at that time in the whole world. Where I brought in over 12 years of IT experience and in return I was able to learn a lot of new things too.
Decent pay for tenured employees. Stability! Great benefits. Few jobs offer pension. Excellent work-life balance.
ETL Developer/Designer/Lead (Current Employee), Fremont,CANovember 17, 2014
The company has changed. There is not a lot of entry level opportunities for new hires. They hire so many people off the street without face to face interviews and the culture is drastically changing for the negative. Also, they are paying ridiculously low salaries for some jobs. I can't convince new hires of what a great company SF is because of how – more... they changed. Some new hires don't even have their own desks, so the morale is low, low, low! Also, in order to move up, you need to take insurance education courses and study them on your own time. It is a very outdated standard that needs to be removed. – less
Great place to Start in Insurance
Agents Executive Assistant/ sales/ marketing (Current Employee), PortlandNovember 17, 2014
Pros: good agent training
Cons: no benefits, poor management, poor wages
Working for State Farm was a great place to start an insurance and securities career. And now its time to leave. With disconnected management, no benefits, and a pathetic wage to work ratio State Farm provides a helpful learning environment for new agents looking to hone their insurance skills. But as soon as you learn get the heck out of there.
State Farm Employment Review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), North East, MDNovember 15, 2014
I already gave a review of this employment. It was a wonderful place to advance my professional skills and more.
a learning enviornment
Insurance Account Rep (Former Employee), Berkeley, CANovember 14, 2014
State Farm is a great company to work for, and learn the industry.
Great place to work for
Office Representative (Current Employee), Saint Michael, MNNovember 14, 2014
Making a bunch of calls. Time management. Follow-ups. Great people to work with.
Provided great skills on the job and great coworkers
Receptionist (Former Employee), Peoria, AZNovember 13, 2014
Small tight knit office, employees had office bonding nights and different sessions to improve and grow as an office.
Weekly employee activities
Benefit Processor (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILNovember 13, 2014
Pros: excellent benefit package
Cons: rigid phone protocol
Process employee benefit selections during the year and at annual enrollment.
Over critical
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILNovember 13, 2014
they let me go due to a misunderstanding. I advise no one works for State Farm.
Great place to start a career
Licensed Insurance Account Representative (Current Employee), Roswell, GANovember 12, 2014
typical day consist of a multitude of blended responsibilities and roles. I would say that this job can throw a lot at you at certain times, forcing you to split your attention to many areas and manyy different lines of insurance, but that is a valuable aspect as you will gain experience in almost every line of insurance there is.
i enjoyed working at State Farm
Receptionist (Former Employee), Forestdale, AlNovember 12, 2014
State Farm is a great place to work. Most of the customers are extremely friendly and you build a bond with them by helping them find insurance that best suits their needs/ wants. The hardest part of my job was seeing people who had to file claims on loved ones, damaged houses, cars, or any other property or belongings.
Claim Processor (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALNovember 12, 2014
Pros: flexible, great benefits
Cons: ****
flexible
personal
great benefits
It's a great company to work for. Great area surrounded by business. safe environment

About State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company® is the largest auto insurer in the U.S. since 1942. About one of every five – Read more

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Photos