State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent benefits and compensation
Auto Claims Processor (Current Employee), Ballston Spa, NYJune 24, 2014
Pros: job security, compensation and benefits
Cons: management is not knowledgeable
The company has excellent benefits and compensation, The opportunity for advancement and job security is also amazing. The thought by management that all employees eat, breath and live for the company is false and makes working when you have a family not pleasant.
Excellent place to work..
Sr. ETL Informatica Powercenter Developer,IDQ (Current Employee), Bloomington, ILJune 22, 2014
Pros: great environment
Cons: pretty slow project executions
Have been working at StateFarm Insurnace for past 1.5 years and I would like to say this is one of the best places to work. Regarding data warehouse, they have tons of variety of projects and you always get chance to explore new things and horizons.
Backstabbing & Unstable Agent
Office Rep (Former Employee), VirginiaJune 21, 2014
Cons: long hours, tons of service work & little appreciation!
I worked in the office with 2 others along with the agent. I felt like I worked constantly while everyone else played . Did not feel part of a team at all!
This job has made me hate the insurance field!
Small Agents Office
Insurance Account Representative (Current Employee), Glenside, PAJune 21, 2014
Typical day at work is following up with leads and building rapport with current & future customers. Making sure each client is protected for their home, life & auto.
Always Busy
Complex Policy Interpretation Specialist (Current Employee), Englewood, ColoradoJune 21, 2014
• Manages Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable and Monitors, manages, and sets account reserves.
• Reviews and manages Applications and technical documents in six different states.
• Served as the Team Lead and assisted in the training and development of personnel.
• P&C Licensed in New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, Arizona, Wyoming, Nevada.
• Discusses – more... and implements organizational structure with strategy.
• Serve as a liaison to the public, governmental entities, and law enforcement agencies on insurance fraud.
• Perform in depth analyses of claims, claim trends, data and reports and recommend appropriate solutions.
• Create reports in response to industry requests for information and assistance to national issues.
• Senior member of The Grass Roots Committee, which discusses legislative issues and actions in insurance.
• Served and elected as a Mentor to State Farm Agents and employees within the corporation.
• Awarded and recognized nationally for the 2012 Pride of the Zone for Customer Focus and for Leadership.
• Mediate and negotiate high-level claims/policies between the client, third parties and our in-house agency.
• Provide in-depth policy analysis, written reports and recommendations to senior level management.
• Research and analyze case law, trial results and statutes within six different states.
• Elected Team Captain as a liaison to Subrogation leadership team.
• Investigate, evaluate, negotiate, & conclude claims including verification of coverage.
• Completed Chartered Property Casualty Underwriting Course 500 – Foundations of Risk Management and – less
I enjoyed working and helping customers
Office Manager, Sales (Former Employee), Orange, CAJune 21, 2014
Pros: very nice job environment, co-workers and managers were nice and fair
Cons: nothing bad to say about it really
State Farm and state Farm agents are very professional, I enjoyed very much working there
Interpreting Claims and making settlements
Office Manager/Producer (Former Employee), Sherwood ARJune 19, 2014
Pros: special achievement monatary awards, certificates
Cons: seldom the last team member did not follow through
Worked on team which aids in a different way of thinking. There are no two claims that can be handled exactly the same. I welcomed the challenge of making people happy because once I do a good job explaining the coverage, the customer seems to calm down. I learned hat anger is a direct reaction of misunderstanding. The hardest part of my job was when – more... the agent's office sold the policyholder the cheapest policy when for a minimal amount of money could have made a huge difference in coverage, What made it even harder is you could not place blame because that my be the policy the customer insisted on buying. I found the management was quick to step into help you in wording and finding creative ways to solve very difficult problems. – less
Processing claims
Claims Processor (Current Employee), Columbia, MOJune 19, 2014
A typical day for me is answering phone calls regarding claims. I deal with all parts of the claim from beginning to end. I do work on a team environment so everyone is able to help out. The hardest part is dealing with upset customers. However it is a really good feeling when you turn a bad call into a good call.
Agency experience was not as great a corporate.
Office Sales Representative (Former Employee), Texas, New MexicoJune 18, 2014
Pros: standard hours
Cons: cold calls
Working for an agent is working for an individual rather than working in a corperate setting. There is tons to learn and experience. I would work face-to-face with the client, sell them insurance products, and service their accounts. The one, and main downfall, is the cold calling sales techniques.
Fun and Productive work place
Marketing Representative/Receptionist (Current Employee), Salida, CAJune 18, 2014
Very fast paced environment, where we stive to continue to be #1 in our territory
Productive and busy
TECHNICAL SUPPORT (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAJune 17, 2014
Answering calls, technical support for customers that were trasitioning from paper to the internet. Trouble-shooting devices.
Learned to have a lot of patience at State Farm.Management was good. Co-workers were very helpful.
Great Company
SECRETARY I, TEXAS LITIGATION UNIT (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 17, 2014
State is a Great company to work for. I worked there for 10 years, and I felt like a part of a family. Just a great company all around.
Same as before
Catastrophe Services Claim Representative (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILJune 16, 2014
Same as before great job excellent pay & benefits. Hardest part extended periods from home
very productive
Receptionist (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJune 16, 2014
front desk clerk love the job fast pace and some times slow but most of all good job
Micomanaged robots wanted.
Express Claims Associate (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 15, 2014
Pros: benefits, bonuses
Cons: stressful, micromanaged, heavy turn overs.
I was hired back in December 2012 and was made to believe this would be the place for me. From day one you will be micro-managed on everything and the customer will always be right no matter what. They can call you everything but a child of God and they will still ask what can you have done better. Your calls will be monitored with a fine tooth comb – more... and you must follow the script are you will be dinged. If you need to go to the bathroom you must clock out and in to do so because every minute of your day is accounted for. You will never know your schedule of what your doing cause it changes everyday and through out the day as well so you must constantly check it are you will be out of adherence and that will affect your performance even though your working. If you want to be a micro managed robot this is the job for you. I lasted a yr I think I did good. – less
Not a lot of growth in the company especially with it being a new company
Dedicated State Farm Response Associate (Current Employee), Clarksville, TNJune 14, 2014
Pros: company does things for the employees when we meet quota
Cons: new people coming in are getting better shifts and days than people with senority
does not allow much time for family due to no scheduled days together
when the weather gets bad out we are expected to do mandatory overtime and this could mean no days off for us so that would really cause for no time for family nor your children
fast paced environment
Office Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 13, 2014
A typical day in the office is very fast paced with a lot of servicing and cold calling. I've learned how to deal with the happiest and unhappiest clients.
Enjoyable job with lots of flexibility and honesty
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Palmdale, CAJune 13, 2014
I have enjoyed this job greatly! The only reason I am leaving is because I want to become an ER Nurse and want to start working in the hospital setting. I have learned how to handle different situations with coworkers, customers and within myself. I have grown from this job. I enjoy the flexibility and dependability of this job.
Fun Atmosphere with Great People
Office Representative (Current Employee), Port Charlotte, FLJune 12, 2014
My coworkers were/are great people. Everyone who works at such a large corporation makes for a diverse atmosphere where we can all learn from one another.
Receptionist/ Sales/ Administrative Assistant
Customer Service Representative/ Receptionist (Former Employee), Telford, PAJune 12, 2014
My typical day at State Farm was a fun and relaxed day. It was an easy job position and I enjoyed working there. I was mostly on the computer all day typing things, doing internet research, answering a lot of phones calls making sales calls ect.

About State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company® is the largest auto insurer in the U.S. since 1942. About one of every five – Read more

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Photos