State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
1,886 reviews

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great experience for the short time I spent there.
Marketing Representative (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: friendly coworkers.
Cons: little room for advancement
I had a good time working at State Farm. However, I was offered the position on a temporary basis. The agent was a friend of a friend, who suggested that I give insurance sales a chance. Although I enjoyed my time, and made a decent amount of sales, I decided that it would be better to use my time searching for a career. This is why I am currently looking for new employment. I am not looking for just any job, I am looking to start my career.
Great place to work.
State Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Vienna, VAJanuary 8, 2015
Managed an extensive agent database and processed reports on an as-needed basis. I managed all employees and trained them to meet quotas. Prepared loan application package for submission to numerous financial institutions for funding
Productive & easy going work place
NYS Licensed Insurance Rep (Former Employee), Rome, NYJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: easy going atmosphere, time off when necessary, trainings were paid for by my employer, office was relatively close to home/short commute time
Cons: nothing comes to mind, nothing negative
* Typical work day:
Maintain client database (files & policies), research/provide answers for client inquiries, submitted insurance claims, inspected policyholder property for new & re-newing policies, applied client payments to billings, tallied the cash deposits daily.
* learned that I am a fast learner, I am "good" under pressure & that I work well either with a group or on my own.
* I had the BEST co-workers, we never had any negativity toward each other, working with them made my job actually kind of fun.
* Hardest part:
nothing comes to mind here.
* Most enjoyable part:
the people that I worked with.
It was okay
Secretary Assistant (Former Employee), Avondale, AZJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: none that i could remember
Cons: bad management
I didn't know what I was getting into when I got this job and it turned out I didn't like selling insurance or had the persuastion to. If you like persuading people to get insurance, this is the job for you. I don't like pushing people to get something they don't want so I definitely did not like this position
NA
Claims Processor (Current Employee), Newark, OHJanuary 8, 2015
great company to work for. current claim handling is changing in to a call center environment. would recommend.
Wonderful place to start a career
Claim Service Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 7, 2015
A fast-paced, team oriented company. Challenging and rewarding work. It's a place where you can learn a lot and meet wonderful new people. They are interested in your education and with proper training you can be of great value to them.
Overall Great Company
Senior Sales/Service Representative (Former Employee), Los Angeles CaliforniaJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: may have access to benefits, a base salary as well as commission. the company also has a strong presence in the market.
Cons: work environment and office dynamic depends on agent.
Working with agents can be very rewarding but difficult as well. In my experience, some of the older agents are not able to adapt well to the ever evolving practices of marketing... More specifically utilizing social media marketing and being able to market to the newer generation of people. A newer agent is on a different contract which is more production driven with less compensation on new business and renewals. This means working for a newer agent will most likely offer a lesser base but if you can sell then you will be able to make a good living with your commissions. Some newer and older agents are hardly in the office which some prefer but can make other aspects difficult.

All in all you will not know which dynamic you will end up working with but it will be in your best interest to figure that out quickly so you can not only adapt but figure out how to excel.

The products are sound and the rates are competitive and the company is quickly evolving with its technology both internet based and phone/tablet based.
Sales driven office that likes to have fun while making goals.
Licensed Agent Representative/Office Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: flexibility to leave the office to accomplish goals.
A typical day is that I come in early and assign tasks out to my team as well as stratagize a game plan for the day to promote production. We are a compatible team that enjoys making goal accomplishment fun.
• Collaborated with other team members on special projects and events. Worked with students on homework and classroom assignments. Graded papers and c
Receptionist (Current Employee), ArizonaJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: fun working with the children.
Cons: very long days.
Grade papers and help out the students with their classwork and homework. I would make assignments by typing them on the computer. Copy and print documents for the students. I would also file documents.
Office/Operations Manager (Current Employee), Greenville, SCJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: meeting people
Cons: having to tell people with no money they still have to pay their bill
Great place to work just looking for another opportunity to complete the goals that I have for me and my family financially. The money is not there to complete the goals that I have for me and my family and I'm looking for that and I think this job can help and challenge me to better my future.
Great Opportunity
Multi-line Agent (Former Employee), Covington, GaJanuary 6, 2015
Great office staff and great employer
It was great to good to work here
Good group to work with
Receptionist/Security Officer (Current Employee), Bloomington, ILJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: friends
Cons: not valued
Was a vendor that worked for State Farm. enjoyed the co workers, could have better benefits and management could have taken more interest in their employees rather than trying to find fault
Sales driven environment
Agent Maria Elena Cisneros (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 6, 2015
The employees are great but management is cut throat. Only care about productivity. Compensation is low and team morale is also low. They need to pay their employees more for the work they do.
Very fun environment
Communications Strategist Intern (Current Employee), Daisy, TNJanuary 5, 2015
I spent my day creating marketing strategies and developing social media outreach.
Great company
Office Manager/Sales (Former Employee), Aurora, ILJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: good compensation
Cons: long hours and weekends
I really enjoyed my time with state farm and was sad when it was time to make a change. My only issue was the amount of time required. when you're single without kids it's no big deal but when you get married and have a child it becomes very hard to manage them both.
State Farm Insurance Claim Representative
Claim Representative (Current Employee), Portage, MIJanuary 5, 2015
Advancement and compensation have been fair during my time at State Farm. I am ready for a change in my career which is why I am currently searching for new opportunities.
Productive and professional office
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee), Antioch, CAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: hour or half hour lunches left to your discretion
Cons: no healthcare
I opened the office turned on all computers and lights. Organized and cleaned office took out trash. Next I would check customer emails and voice mails that had been left over the weekend. At 9 A.M. I would turn the phone lines over from our answering service. I would answer calls, take payments, troubleshoot customer inquiries that were within my job description.
I learned quite a bit at my tiny office. I truly enjoyed the professional atmosphere that my coworkers and management created and maintained in the office. I always knew what was expected of me and knew that everyday would be a learning experience. Since every day was an opportunity to learn I was never afraid to ask questions if something was unclear.
Negative environment to work in
Sales and Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Arlington Heights, ILJanuary 5, 2015
Unpleasant management did not enjoy position. Claims and collections were difficult. No room for advancement except sales.
Overall a great place to work.
Sales Agent Intern (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 5, 2015
Overall a great place to work. This is the only sales position that I have had so I don't have much to compare it to, but this was a great experience.
Challenging and you can learn every single day
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: insentives
Cons: there is not the much room to grow not unless you become the owner of the company
The job requires you to have patience especially dealing with customers. Multi-tasking is a must. Every day is a learning experience because you deal with different clients with different careers, personality, and cultures.

About State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company® is the largest auto insurer in the U.S. since 1942. About one of every five – Read more

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Photos