State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Ins Sales
rep (Former Employee), OhAugust 26, 2014
Very driven for growth. Must be able to keep a fast pace to survive with a new agent
This position was based on production.
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Vicksburg, MSAugust 26, 2014
Pros: meeting new people, making people happy after introducing them to a great deal
Cons: late working hours, commission, sales unpredictable.
My review is very simple sales, is very competitive and hard work.
I meet no strangers but sales can sometimes be very unpredictable.
That is why I would have to rate it 2nd in line for me in making a living. Even though I except the challenge I like straight pay and not commission.
Challenging and rewarding entrepreneurial spirited position.
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee), Villa Park, ILAugust 25, 2014
Outside sales representative responsible for generating new business in various locales.
Fun work place and great product
Office Representative (Current Employee), Smyrna, GAAugust 25, 2014
State Farm is a great company to work for especially when trained properly.
Great work enviroment
Underwriting Service Assistant (Former Employee), Homewood, AlAugust 25, 2014
Work day begins at 8:00am and ends at 4:15. You will learn a lot about insurance and policies. Management is great and takes and interest in the advancement of employees.
Relaxed work environment
Licensed Property & Casualty Agent (Former Employee), Waterloo, IAAugust 25, 2014
Great supervisor & co-workers. I learned a lot about propoerty & casualty insurance.
productive and fun
Licensed Sales Agent (Current Employee), Savannah, TNAugust 24, 2014
Pros: good
I love the people I work with and the office I work in. I love selling insurance and helping people. I would be nice if state farm would condense all their computer programs to one. So far that's my only complaint
Productive work space with awesome team members
Insurance Sales Representative (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIAugust 22, 2014
Assisting all clients with navigating and choosing the most suitable policies for their needs. Seeking new clients and turning all new prospects into revenue. Constant follow up with clients to apprise them of the complex changes that effects their policies.
Dynamic and fast paced work environment with free coffee
Customer Service, Sales Associate and Telemarketer (Former Employee), Fremont, CAAugust 21, 2014
Answering client requests in person, over the phone and email. Would process various requests, such as quotes for a particular insurance, or changes to current policies.

Learned to manage the stress of a micromanagement and how to serve and sell to customers.
Loved working here
Claims Service Associate (Former Employee), DuPont, WAAugust 21, 2014
Good pay, great people lot of opportunity for advancement a great start for a new career
State Farm Insurance
Claims Auto Processor (Current Employee), Newark, OhioAugust 20, 2014
Pros: close to home and the work the customers are nice
Cons: the pay is not the best and my boss won't tell me how to move up.
I have been with State Farm over three years.

I have learned how to use microsoft workd and powerpoint while being employed there.

I take phones calls part of the day and any many technical questions, some which require research and having to call the customer back. I make out going calls on new claims and help the customer get there car to the right – more... place and put them in a rental, if they have the coverage and car is under repairs.

The hardest part of the job, is it is not challenging enough for me. I get the same questions most of the time and I like a challenge and want to move up in the company, yet no room for advancement at this time at the company.

I like my co-workers and can always go to them for help and they come to me with questions about estimatcs because I used to write estimates prior to coming to State Farm. – less
A Good Place to Get Your Foot in the Door to a Corporate Job
Quote and Bind Sales Representative (Current Employee), Dunwoody, GAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: schedule, pay, management
The culture is pretty laid back. However, we were given one side of the company during training and everyone was different once we got on the sales floor. They know exactly what they are doing to get people to work for them then once you spend the time training they show you a different side of the company
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 20, 2014
Answering phones, opening new policies
I learned a lot about insurance
management was always great and helpful
The hardest part of the job was getting people to open up new policies. The best part of the job was when I would open up a new policy for a client.
Small company. Easy going atmosphere
Cust. Serv. Rep/Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee), LaSalle- Peru IllAugust 20, 2014
Typical day was 9-5. I learned m any things about different cultures working with the public. I learned how to adapt to a fast paced working environment. In insurance there are many different hats which must be wore to accommodate customers. The co worker was easy to get along with. I would be the one to go to systems training and come back and teach – more... the office how to use the network systems. Hardest art of the the day was down time. Also, paperwork which had to still be filled out by hand because there was no application for it.
The most enjoyable part of the day was dealing with the different people everyday. – less
Overall great learning experience
Office Representative (Former Employee), Bristol, PAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: small office, team environment
Cons: salary, benefits
While being employed at State Farm, I learned a lot about the insurance industry & the coverage offered to PA residents who have a auto or homeowners policy. I enjoyed the team work environment throughout the office.
State Farm
Intern (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYAugust 19, 2014
Good internship, learned a lot of valuable information. Learned to transfer data from an old system to an entirely new system. Utilized my excel skills greatly.
Ever changing
Site Coordinator (Former Employee), NortheastAugust 19, 2014
a typical day at work- Non typical, something different every day
what you learned- Expect the unexpected
management - understanding
your co-workers- Reliable
the hardest part of the job- traveling
the most enjoyable part of the job- the people
Great company
Underwriting Service Assistant III (Former Employee), Duluth, GAAugust 19, 2014
Assisted underwriters and agents in creating policies for individual and commercial clients.
Great
Claims Specialist (Current Employee), Charlottesville, VAAugust 18, 2014
depending on the department you work in is the treatment you will receive, Some departments are left to work without supervision some are micromanaged. great community and benefits.
FUN
Office Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: learning to be a agent
Cons: salary
I was Office manager but the pay was awful, it was great meeting new people

About State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company® is the largest auto insurer in the U.S. since 1942. About one of every five – Read more

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Photos