State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Lacked innovation
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Doral, FLJanuary 15, 2015
My day consisted of calling from a large lists of numbers in an attempt to providing them with a quick quote on their auto insurance.
4 years
QA Test Analyst and Automation QA Analyst (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILJanuary 15, 2015
• Over 4 years of experience in the field of Information Technology, specializing in multitier and Client/server architectures.
• Worked extensively on a variety of Application servers, Web Servers, Databases, GUI front ends, Advanced Internet applications using Java/J2EE.
• Experience in Automation Testing, Functional Testing, System and End-to-End Testing.
• Possess Good Domain knowledge for Insurance, Banking and Financial Markets.
• Designed and executed Automation Scripts using Selenium WebDriver with different frameworks like JUnit and TestNG.
• Worked for System testing, System Integration Testing, Regression Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Production acceptance testing and also performance testing.
• Involved in test status review meetings, defect tracking meetings, requirement review meetings with business users.
• Good Understanding of Object Oriented Programming concepts, Model View Controller (MVC) Architecture and testing concepts.
• Daily interaction with the client team on project issues/concerns.
• Identified Automation and Manual testing scenarios, Involved in drafting the project Test plan and Test Strategies, Test data and Defect Analysis.
• Experienced in Black Box, Grey Box and White Box testing methodologies.
• Experienced in PostgreSQL, IBM Data studio, IBM Lotus notes.
• Expertise in Functional and Non Functional testing of web based applications, and Batch applications.
• Experience in Testing of multiple technologies (JAVA, Lotus Notes, Database (Oracle, SQL)).
• Experience in Agile projects and In-sprint Automation Testing.

• Managed knowledge transfer and resource back up plans. Experienced in grooming new team members in testing.
• Excellent skills in defect management life cycle and bug reporting using HP Quality Center.
• Experience in testing in the UNIX and Windows environment.
• Good communication skills and ability to work independently and also perform as part of a team.
Great Company with Lots of Growth Potential
Learning and Development Analyst (Current Employee), Dunwoody, GAJanuary 14, 2015
You can take your career as far as you'd like with State Farm.
productive work day
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Champaign, ILJanuary 14, 2015
a typical day at work dealing with different respondents
calling people in different states
Great job for somebody start out in a career
Customer Service (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: healthcare, company wide incentives
Cons: long schedules, same routine
Working in Custoemr Service can be a challenge over the phone. Policy Holders call in to discuss issues and also get help to problems that there agent can't assists with. One of the hardest part is the time on the job and lenth of the breaks. Poor planning and some mangement not up to standards.
Data Architect (Current Employee), Bloomington, ILJanuary 13, 2015
Great place to work. Advancing into management is a questionable process. Pace is dependent on where you work. Some areas are chock full of projects others not so much. External consultants have it easy here. Many idling and billing consultants as every area is not very good at projecting workload. Good technical co-workers. Hardest part of the job is approval by committee and paper work for processes
Local and active in the community
PA licensed sales associate (Current Employee), Macungie, PAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: located in a quiet town and only a short distance from all main highways
Cons: poor start up training program for employees and no benefits.
The local office consisting for 4 licensed representatives assists with insurance sales, customer support and service.
Very Productive, Great Benefits
Telemarketing Sales Representative (Current Employee), Edinburg, TXJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: chance to earn a license and grow in the company
It is an extraordinary part time job, especially for students. You have your personal space, and your own desk. The job consists of calling customers and convincing them to say yes to our offer, so we could transfer them to the sales representatives above us, and they will take care of the rest. The management is great, their constructive criticism makes us improve on our Job so we could reach our goal. The co-workers are team members and are very helpful. Sometimes The hardest part of the job would be convincing the customers to say "yes", and the most enjoyable part of the job would be when your representative tells you that was a good call after you transfer it.
Not what it's cracked up to be - stear clear away
terrible place to work (Current Employee), Bloomington, ILJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: retirement
Cons: stop watch for breaks, health insurance sucks, the real workers do not get acknowledged, management is all the same.
If you are a big suck up and back stabber - this place is for you. If you suck up enough you might get somewhere because it isn't about the work you do. If you stand up for yourself you can forget ever getting a promotion. They love to play favorites and you can forget about anything being fair. Be care ful of the downsizing going on - they are cutting jobs and no one knows it most of the time. They will scrutinize spending the money on sticky notes in the copy room but spend ridiculous money on other things for their execs and management. I am looking for a new job. Stressful doesn't begin to describe it.
Good Job
Customer Service Representative at the Call Center (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 12, 2015
A Typical day for me at State Farm would start off by me getting to work, saying Good morning to everyone as I enter. I would then go down to the Call Center where My desk space is at. I would receive my calling list from my supervisor and get straight to work. I learned how to answer the phone and a tone in which you should talk to people that is respectable. I learned how to deal with callers who did not want to be called. I learned how to get a point across as to why State Farm would be the better choice for the client. My Co-Workers were very friendly and caring, we would all be helping each other when needed. The hardest part of the job was reaching the goal. Many people do not want to be called and it is hard to get them to listen to you if that is the case. There were many times where I had a couple of full pages where no one would even pick up the phone or listen to what I was offering. The most enjoyable part of the job was the environment, it was very friendly and laughter everywhere.
• Having 7 years of professional experience in design and development of enterprise applications using Object Oriented Programming, Java/J2EE technolo
Sr. Java Developer (Current Employee), Bloomington, ILJanuary 12, 2015
• Proficient in Application Development with Web Technologies, B2B products, Distributed Technologies and Client-Server Architecture environment in Automotive, Financial, HealthCare and Education Industries.
• Experience in implementing web based projects using IBM Web Sphere Application Server 5.x/6.x, BEA Web Logic Server 10.0, Oracle Web Logic Server 10.3, JBoss 3.2.x/4.2, Apache Tomcat 5.0/5.5 and IDE’s like IBM Web Sphere Studio Application Developer (WSAD) 5.0, Eclipse 3.0/3.1, and RAD 6.0/7.0.
• Experienced with the entire Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) process including requirement analysis, conceptual and detail design, development, verification and testing.
• Expertise in application development using various frameworks: Jakarta Struts Framework 1.1/1.2/1.3, Spring Framework 1.2/1.3/2.0/2.5, Java Server Faces(JSF), Spring Batch framework, Hibernate 2.0/3.0/3.2, Java Data Objects with GUI plug-ins
• Proficient in XML technologies like XML, DTD, XSL, XSLT, SOAP, WSDL and UDDI.
• Proficient in various web based technologies like HTML, DHTML, JavaScript and AJAX.
• Developed AJAX scripting to process server side JSP scripting.
• Developed reusable Server side code modules with Enterprise Java Beans Integrated with Remote method Invocation (RMI) to access remote Servers and invoking Databases with JDBC
• Extensively experienced in architectural issues and their solutions using various design patterns such as MVC(Model-View-Controller), Singleton, Session Facade, Service Locator, DAO, DTO and Business Delegate.
• Experienced in implementing Service Oriented Architecture – more... (SOA) with XML based Web Services (SOAP/UDDI/WSDL) using Top down Approach and Bottom up Approach.
• Has experience on java web services using Apache Axis2.0
• Extensive Knowledge on databases like Oracle 9i/10g/11hg, DB2, and MySQL. Experience in writing complex SQL Queries, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Cursors, and Functions.
• Good working knowledge of database tools like TOAD, PL/SQL, DB Visualizer and SQL Navigator.
• Developed 3-Tier services, which include databases, messaging systems, transaction monitors, real-time data feeds, and existing enterprise information systems, integrated with Web Sphere and IBM HTTP Server.
• Expertise in design and development of multi-tiered web based applications using J2EE technologies like JSP 1.1/1.2/2.0, Servlets 2.2/2.3/2.4, EJB 2.0/3.0, JDBC, JNDI, JMS, LDAP, IBM MQSeries and RMI.
• Experience in unit testing the applications using JUnit Framework and developed logging and standard mechanism based on Log4J.
• Excellent analytical ability, consultative, communication and management skills.
• Self-motivated, easily adaptable to new environments and ability to work independently as well as in small groups. – less
Great Company to Invest your Talents
Quote and Bind Sales Representative (Current Employee), Richardson, TXJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: great company to work for. great income potential as a part-time job
Cons: great position for people who only need part-time income
My typical day at work includes coming into a laid back atmosphere where the dress code is be comfortable but dress for Your day. Meaning your day could be non customer facing casual or meetings in business attire. More often casual. I answer calls to assist insurance agents outside of their normal business hours. It is an inbound customer service/sales call center environment, however, the call volume very manageable. The management team is encouraging helpful and has been trained to help you meet your goals with great leadership abilities and healthy boundaries. The hardest part of my job was learning the systems, and processes. Once learned, I really cannot say the job difficult. My peers and co-workers have diverse backgrounds, skills sets and age groups.
Great Place to Work
Claims Service Assistant (Former Employee), ColoradoJanuary 11, 2015
A great company with competent management and a good working environment.
State Farm is a great insurance company
Licensed Sales Associate (Current Employee), Midland, TXJanuary 11, 2015
State Farm is a great insurance company.

They comprehensive insurance to meet everyone's needs.
Productive and fun work place environment
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee), Morrow, GAJanuary 10, 2015
State farm taught me how to relate more with customers and also learned about coverage's and how to be an insurance agent.
Five Stars
FIELD SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Hartford, CTJanuary 10, 2015
Terrific organization. Great Leadership Team. Growing in a difficult market.
Productive and fun workplace
File sorter (Former Employee), Black Diamond, WAJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: almost always a happy enviroment
Cons: heavy workload
Great company to work for, had a high influence in my life. Always hard work, but worth it in the end when you saw the clients faces.
Stable company going through many changes
Licensed Claim Adjuster / Claim Processor (Current Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 9, 2015
State Farm has never had a lay-off and has a great amount of very seasoned employees. There is a lot of pride in working for such a long standing strong company. However, the company has gone through restructuring and many of the changes are creating a new company feel.
Worst place you could possibly wind up in to handle claims.
Senior Auto Liability Adjuster - Inside (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 9, 2015
Cons: too many to itemize.
Claims Department is run by genuinely hostile, spineless fools.
n/a
Property & Casualty Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), atlanta, gaJanuary 8, 2015
Very little room for movement within the company. Pay structure is mediocre. Health benefits are average and is one of the few companies that offers a pension in conjunction with 401k. Unfortunately 401k match is very small.

About State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company® is the largest auto insurer in the U.S. since 1942. About one of every five – Read more

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Photos