State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

• Salary/Benefits
Sales
Sales (Current Employee), PortlandDecember 8, 2014
Lots of Networking -
Worked a lot with CPA's and professionals in the financial field.
Enjoyed the networking.
A Work Environment With a Family Feel
Administrative and Licensed Sales Representative (Former Employee), Victor, NYDecember 8, 2014
Pros: interesting work, location, great coworkers
Cons: salary
When I began at State Farm, I came on as a customer service representative with focus in growing State Farm Bank's business. I had very little experience with marketing, but with adequate training from my coworkers and agent, I was quickly ready to begin working. I was able to assist clients with their billing, claims, underwriting, and policy questions. – more... Learning the ins and outs of insurance was challenging, albeit very interesting, useful, and enjoyable. I constantly felt challenged, and each day that I came to work was different than the last.

My favorite part of the job was being able to build lasting relationships with each person that walked through the door. I felt rewarded each time I helped solve a problem of theirs. Working at State Farm also taught me the importance and necessity of time management and organization. I learned first hand how difficult it is to function without a working system; I also learned quickly how to adapt to systems and routines of others. Working at State Farm taught me a lot about myself, including my overwhelming compassion and care for those around me... stranger or friend.

The most difficult part of the job was managing the different systems and routines of those I worked along side. Each sales person functioned in a way that worked for them, while being vastly different from the others. This is where my organization skills helped me greatly: I quickly learned how to differentiate between each sales person, organize their confidential files, follow up with their customers, and assist them with the sales process while still managing to work within my own routine.

In addition to the rewarding, challenging, enjoyable work I did while at State Farm, my coworkers and agent were the greatest aspect of coming to work each day. Though conflict existed and our differences were vast, I truly felt as though I worked with my extended family. The work environment was fast paced and at times, very stressful. However, being able to enjoy your work and those you work with make it easy to succeed. – less
Interesting and challenging
Licensed Sales Agent/ Asst. office Manager (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHDecember 8, 2014
Pros: local to my home
Cons: operating systems are outdated
Typical day is to handle all needs new and existing clients needs, along with developing new clients. The hardest part about my job is being restricted to how many people we cannot help. The most enjoyable part is really helping someone that might have been neglected.
Worked for this company and also attended college full time.
Office Staff (Former Employee), Casper, WYDecember 7, 2014
Responsible for overseeing that forms completion was accurate with all signatures and information complete. Answered phones; greeted clients, telemarketing; and general office duties.
Flexible hours and great experience.
Agency Contact Representative (Former Employee), Windsor, CODecember 7, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, great professional experience.
Cons: few hours
I would call clients and schedule appointments to go over coverages, and direct calls to other employees. I also set up clients folders for the agent for meetings. I learned how to communicate professionally and deal with clients in the same professional manner. My coworkers were great to work with and helped me with any questions I had. The job was – more... challenging in dealing with clients on a professional level. The challenge was welcomed! I enjoyed to challenge which comes in a professional environment. Helping costumers look at the insurance plans and schedule appointments to go over current and future coverages. – less
I loved working here. The staff here was amazing people.
Claim Processor (Former Employee), Concordville, PADecember 7, 2014
The most joyable part of my day was answering the phone and being able to help a customer finish out their claim, to completion.
State Farm experience
SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee), Shelton, CTDecember 5, 2014
Pros: work independently, friendly and clean work environment
Cons: no opportunity for advancement
A typical day at work includes solving billing problems for customers, write new policies, cross selling, take payments from customers, manage office.

I learned that it's best to smile while speaking with difficult customers.

I work independently and manage my customers.

The office is two people running the office including myself and we are very – more... close friends and work well together.

The hardest part of my job is having to inform a potential client that we are unable to write the risk.

My favorite part of the job is meeting and speaking with clients every day.. – less
Great company to work for, almost no room for advancement
Insurance Sales Agent-Office Manager (Current Employee), Lords Valley, PADecember 3, 2014
State farm is a great place to work, unfortunately if your working in an agents office there is virtually no room to advance.
Great place to work learned more about products and how to help the customer
Insurance Account Representative, Office Manager (Former Employee), Carrollton, VADecember 3, 2014
Great environment with much help in learning the products and how to fit the needs of the customer.
no comment
receptionist (Former Employee), Hilo, HIDecember 2, 2014
Pros: no comment
Cons: no comment
you learned a lot on the job training. you were made aware of the importance of having insurance.
you met a lot of people. the job was challenging.
Awesome company
Life Sales Analyst (Former Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 2, 2014
State Farm gives you plenty of information and support to succeed.
good place to work
Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Hilo, HIDecember 2, 2014
Pros: business hours
Cons: stressful
Taking customer payments and answering questions. Resolving complaints
love being able to help people
Insurance Sales Representative (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCDecember 2, 2014
Pros: wonderful hours
A typical day at work is writing insurance policies for customer, explaining what their coverage mean to them. Making cold calls during down time to try to bundle the agents book of business.
State Farm Insurance
Multiple Line Representative (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXDecember 2, 2014
There is never a typical day at work. Each day brings its own challenges and opportunities. From answering the phones, service, quoting, sales, or walking a client through a life changing event, we are here as a trusted advisor, and our clients are part of the State Farm family.

The hardest and the most enjoyable part of the job is making sure our – more... clients are taken care of with the best products and service that we can give. – less
Positive Work environment
Claim Service Associate (Former Employee), Frederick, MDDecember 1, 2014
Pros: good morale very productive
Cons: can not think of any
This was a temp position. I wish it never ended and hoped that it would have evolved into a permanent position
Fun Place to work
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee), Flower MoundDecember 1, 2014
Pros: great environment
Cons: healthcare, pay
State Farm was a fun place to work. The synergy between the employees was great. It was a fast paced environment for the most part. I was able to meet a lot of people, and work with many of them one on one. Helping comfort them about their insurance. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customers that wanted something I could not do – more... for them. The best part of the job was being able to build great relationships/friendships with my customers. – less
Law Office
Receptionist and Legal Secretary (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 1, 2014
Pros: busy office
Cons: sometimes too busy
A fast paced environment with room for growth in this company.
wonderful learning experience
Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee), Hilo, HINovember 26, 2014
Pros: room for growth
Cons: due to reasons beyond our control, the practice closed.
the work was challenging and fun. learned a lot on the job. it was fun watching the children grow.
Overall great company
PIP Litigation Adjuster (Former Employee), Medley, FLNovember 26, 2014
Overall great company great training;the hardest part of the job was the disconnect of upper management with process.
Claim Processor (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLNovember 25, 2014
State Farm really is a great place to work. State Farm is a company who rewards employees for hard work.

About State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company® is the largest auto insurer in the U.S. since 1942. About one of every five – Read more

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Photos