State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Place to Work
Sale Representative (Current Employee), San Jose, CASeptember 5, 2014
I love helping people with their auto insurance/home/Life.
Was a good job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: comfortable work environment
Cons: a variety of complex systems to manipulate during each call.
assisting clients with their questions regarding their coverage and policy.
fun workplace for a highschool child
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Sewell, NJSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: lunches were nice, lenient bosses as long as you did your job.
Cons: pay, that i knew i did not have long to work there.
answering phones, filing, faxing, sending out and receiving mail, checking hard copy insurance information against the information we had in the computer before they were sent out.I learned how to work in an office and how to work not so much at a customer service job but how to run an office. My coworkers were much older and wiser and had a lot of – more... knowledge. Hardest part was that I wanted to do more and was only able to stay until high-school finished. The most enjoyable part was the experience. – less
Good company to work with
Technical Architect (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: flexible timings, good management
Cons: not good for contractors.
Nice co-workers
Good work-life balance
Good technologies used.
Good professional env.
stressful call center environment
CRC - Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), El Paso, TXSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: benefits, rewards
Cons: horrible schedules
this is another call center I worked for. The work was easy but the load was extremely busy. For a customer care agent, I had many duties that none of us got recognized for.
Awsome culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee), richardson txSeptember 2, 2014
The shifts were in the afternoon until midnight. The majority of the shift is spent on the phones with incoming calls that vary widely.
A BIG mistake
Associate Agent (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 2, 2014
Cons: unprofessional, unorganized
A typical workday at this particular agency I worked at consisted of this: calling disconnected numbers aimlessly, being told misleading information by the office agent, having to school said agent on how to do things since he has far less experience in the field than I do, the list goes on. Not to mention, the rates are NOT COMPETITIVE! State Farm – more... is trying to leave Houston due to the increased risk!

Final thing I will say about SF is that you will spend more time competing with another SF agency rather than competing against another insurance company!

Good luck! – less
Wonderful Company to work for
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: recognition of a job well done.
My typical day at work was to much sure our customer received everything they needed to make their job runs smoothly each day . I was the overseer of the mail center, customer service desk, shipping and receiving, DP Print, fabrication and Document Storages Departments. Basically when my co-worker had a problem I was the problem solver..

I learned – more... great leadership skill, State Farm gave me opportunity to lead more by being active in the Multi Culture event .. Job shadow with event planning department help coordinating the Leadership and Management Conference.

My 27years with State Farm I work with the same people.. we were more then just co-worker we were a family.. the most enjoyable moment when I was recognize in the State Farm monthly magazine for my leadership and keeping my team mates morale up... – less
Good place to get started
Multiple Lines Representative (Current Employee), Marietta, GASeptember 2, 2014
Long hours, but good place to start career. Great place to gain sales experience. Always expected to sell more. Good co workers
I Loved working at State Farm.
Life Customer Assistant (Former Employee), New Albany, OHSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: the culture at extremely professional and comfortable
Cons: advancement is difficult
I worked as a temp for a year here. It was one of my most favorite places to work. I never remember a day dreading to go to work because of the job or people I worked with.
New Career field for me.
Express Auto Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 1, 2014
Pros: interesting
Cons: interesting
new career field for me, I do not have a long time in this industry to give valid input.
Starting oppurtunity.
Claims Representative (Current Employee), Concordville, PASeptember 1, 2014
Pros: atmosphere
Cons: schedule.
Began as a processor and worked my way up to a representative for claims.

Not a bad place to work. Friendly and the job was not too difficult although it could become hectic.
Quote and Bind Specialist
Quote Bind Specialist (Current Employee), RichardsonAugust 29, 2014
Pros: team work
Cons: part time hours
I enjoy working at State Farm, the employees and management is very encouraging and supportive of their employees, the co-workers are very supportive and willing to assist you and help you to succeed. I am searching for employment with more hours, I am searching for full-time employment
Productive, fun
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Michigan City, INAugust 29, 2014
Loved my co-workers. Hardest part of the job was getting people to answer the phone.
Productive and supportive environment
Agent Aspirant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 28, 2014
Set goals for each day and worked to accomplish those goals. The team was rewarded for hitting those goals that we had set. Everything was very supportive of each other and celebrated their successes.
A close knit environment
Receptionist (Current Employee), Oakland, CAAugust 28, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with. They make me comfortable, and we are like a family. The hardest part of my job is working for a company with low pay and no benefits. I have learned a lot through direct client interaction, and how to deal with all types of people.
Small office with direct client contact
Insurance Sales Associate (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILAugust 28, 2014
Administered small insurance agency and filled roles as administrative assistant, customer relations liason, office manager and sales rep. Enjoyed the posibility to get to know each client on a closer basis in order to help recognize insurance needs.
Blue Cross Blue Shield has great employee benefits.
Insurance Account Representative (Former Employee), Columbia, SCAugust 28, 2014
Pros: secure employment
Cons: below average salary
BCBS offers secure employment but it doesn't offer premium pay.
STAY AWAY
Claims (Former Employee), Portage, MIAugust 27, 2014
Pros: salary, benefits, vacation time, sick days, discounts
Cons: morale, complete disconnect between corporate and the employees, micro-managed
I used to enjoy working there, but it went downhill fast. Corporate doesn't have a clue about what really happens in any given day, and our jobs changed several times in the past few months. I was stressed to the point of high blood pressure and insomnia, and I had to sit in my car and talk myself into walking into that building every day.

The pay – more... and benefits were excellent - yearly raises, health/dental/vision, lots of paid time off, tons of sick days, discounts on hotels and rental cars. If you are supporting a family and can handle high-stress situations and zero employee morale, this is the place for you.

If you are single or a couple without kids, you can do better. – less
Licensed Insurance Advisor
Insurance Advisor (Current Employee), Northampton, PAAugust 27, 2014
Pros: flexibility and stability
Days are diverse and never the same. Great opportunity to learn how to service clients and expand insurance relationship.

About State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company® is the largest auto insurer in the U.S. since 1942. About one of every five – Read more

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Photos