State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
1,577 reviews

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great work place with great people and a gym!
Catastrophe Claims Specialist (Current Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 11, 2014
I really liked working there. It was great! Good people and a great working environment. I would like to return there and finish my career with State Farm.
I love it
Quote and Bind Representative (Former Employee), Dunwoody, GASeptember 11, 2014
Pros: benefits
Great place to work, short hours on a part time basis, and more
Great boos to work for
Agent Staff (Former Employee), Coeburn, VASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: good compensation benefits
Cons: small market area
A typical day consisted of cold calling and being outgoing while selling the product. The environment as with any office environment is stressful at times but overall a good place to work.
NA
Unknown (Former Employee), UnknownSeptember 10, 2014
State Farm was a great company to work for. However, there is no room for growth.
Great experience
Insurance Agency Representative (Former Employee), Garner, NCSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule and compensation
Working for an Agent is great experience for Customer Service and Insurance products.
Good work experience at statefarm
Middleware Administrator (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILSeptember 10, 2014
Good Team and Great working experience at statefarm. Huge environment and complex applications
fun work place
sales (Former Employee), jacksonville flSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: 30 min lunch
Cons: 1 break
great opportunity while working as in customer service rep.
not a great place to work
Aberdeen, md (Former Employee), aberdeen,MDSeptember 9, 2014
the day felt long, the manager was racist. didnt feel welcome at the time of coming in to work.
productive
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee), new yorkSeptember 9, 2014
productive work place and I learn how to go about insurance my co workers were nice and my hardest part of the job is Mondays very busy but I can deal with it my enjoyable part of the job is helping the customers
Great place to work.
Producer/Agent (Current Employee), Moab, UTSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: paid holidays
Cons: no cons
I would say that state farm is an excellent place to work. I have learned a lot about insurance. co-workers are awesome.
Fun Workplace
Account Representative (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: weekends off
Cons: low salary
The most enjoyable part of the job was to meet different people everyday and being able to help/advise them with their financial issues.
A great place to work
ESA-Planning Specialist (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 8, 2014
I enjoyed working for State Farm it provides many benefits and time off to balance work life and family life.
Outside Sales
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee), La Marque, TXSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Fast paced
Commission
Self motivated
Goal oriented
Sales driven
Nice office to work in and listen to music
Clerk (Former Employee), El Paso, TXSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: short breaks
I really liked working here because i always had something to keep me busy. I learned how to send out mail, use microsoft, had data entry. I learned how to file as well. My mom is a agent at state farm and her boss was a great manager. The hardest day at the job was all the paper work but i still got through with it. The most enjoyable part was the – more... free food. – less
State Farm Insurance Company is a highly competitive business, with a professional workplace environment.
Proofreader/Policy Checker (Former Employee), Columbia, MOSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: it was nice to work with other professionals.
Cons: mental fatigue from hours of reading and concentration.
Working as a Policy Checker / Proofreader was and still is a difficult job to do accurately and correctly. The job is a fast paced, with time restraints on everything. All jobs are needed yesterday. My job did not require proficiency in typing. My professional skills were my ability to see and/or detect grammar and typing errors.
High enery workplace and great colleagues and friends
Claim Adjustor- P&C Claims-Subrogation (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 7, 2014
I work on a production-oriented environment with steady phone interaction with policyholders and other insurance companies. I'm involved in claim handling and negotiating settlements.

I have learned to identify potential problems within the merits of each claim and to provide effective approaches to solve issues. I have learned to address problems – more... that I recognize in any particular file and take the steps needed to resolve it.

Management is very supportive in the development of their workforce and to help maintain a work-family balance. The managerial workforce is approachable and engaged in the overall success of their teams.

We work in teams, therefore, it is essential that we maintain the synergy of the group by sharing responsibilities and providing assistance to our coworkers when the inventory requires it. I am a resource to my team and do assist any of my team members in resolving difficult file issues. I am an integral part of the team’s success.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with demanding customers. I use my listening skills and remain calm and professional when dealing with difficult customer situations, and I am able to maintain customer loyalty under difficult circumstances.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to provide a remarkable customer service.
Also, I have made many longtime friendships in my workplace. – less
productive
Customer Service Representative/Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Glendale, AZSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: everything
I felt that the employee's and the respect we gave each other made the team we were. We enjoyed working with each other and were able to help one another with any job related issues.
Fun place
Account Manager - Multiple Line Representative (Current Employee), Hallandale Beach, FLSeptember 7, 2014
Good place to work. Lots of tests to do before been able to start working.
Great Place to Work
Sale Representative (Current Employee), San Jose, CASeptember 5, 2014
I love helping people with their auto insurance/home/Life.
Was a good job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: comfortable work environment
Cons: a variety of complex systems to manipulate during each call.
assisting clients with their questions regarding their coverage and policy.

About State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company® is the largest auto insurer in the U.S. since 1942. About one of every five – Read more

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Photos