State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

2.8K reviews

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun workplace, impressive facilities and in-house Tim Horton's
Life Insurance Policy Administrator (Current Employee), Aurora, OnJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: in-house tim hortons
Cons: location is way up north, difficult for employees who do not drive
A typical day at work starts at 8:30 and runs until 4:30. We get a 45 minute lunch break. Management is very approachable and co-workers are easy to work with. Hardest part of the job would be at crunch time (end of promotions for agents) and we find ourselves understaffed due to absenteeism or vacations. Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help clients.
nice place
account manager (Former Employee), mississaugaSeptember 14, 2012
Pros: flexibile schedule
Cons: no job security
it was a good experience. my boss was very nice. coworkers were great. hardest part was cold calling.
I worked there over 20 years ago and it was one of the best places to work.
Administrative - Data Entry (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: learned alot of various jobs
Cons: some people got away with murder
I miss my friends there and wish we could all be together again. We had great team spirit and enthusiasum. My supervisor was a fine and fare lady to work with even though we had some really heavy workload days we all pulled together to make it a pleasant day. We had pot luck lunches throughout the year and it was great because we all came from various backgrounds. What a joy.
Productive and calm environment workplace
Customer Service/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), mississauga, onJuly 24, 2012
Pros: free beverages
Cons: short breaks
State Farm is a great company to work for. I learned so much about insurance and office work, gained much experience and knowledge about many different things. My co-workers are great to be around; they're fun, outgoing and simply amazing! The hardest part of the job is keeping up with everything when it's a busy day, many customers call in for quotes which becomes pretty hectic but still is a fun task to do. The most enjoyable part of this job is putting the insurance information into the system.