State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
1,679 reviews

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Hampton Office is a Dead-End Job
Front Office Manager & Service/Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Hampton, GAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: a very low, yet steady paycheck, events were fun, nice customers in general
Cons: bad owner, no room to advance, horrendous call lists
The company is supposed to be about working towards becoming your own office. Brakefield State Farm does not promote employees into proper programs and the owner actually comes up with excuses why it "isn't time yet" to do so. Other local State Farms try to help agents into the programs immediately. The turnover rate at this location is absolutely insane – more... (10-18+ people over the course of 2 years). The boss did not seem to care very much about employees and didn't understand many crucial elements of the company which often resulted in excess work and frustration for employees. – less
Best Job EVER!
Licensed Representative/Personal Assistant (Former Employee), Louisville, GAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: ray mitchell
Cons: he retired.
I wish the agent hadn't retired. State Farm is a stable company with hefty financial backing. Working in an agent's office is awesome if you have a good agent...and this agent is the absolute best.
Good place to start
SrTeradata / ETL Informatica Developer (Current Employee), Bloomington, ILOctober 19, 2014
Excellent place to work especially If you are looking for an environment which provides ample space and time to experiment with new things and learn new things.
good job
Sales and Service Agent (Current Employee), Reynoldsburg, OHOctober 19, 2014
Pros: work life balance
Cons: benefits
Each agency independently owned, not much information on advancing
Small workforce, easy to work with others.
Receptionist (Former Employee), Lakewood, WAOctober 18, 2014
Co-workers are easy to work with. Always something new to learn. Interesting daily tasks.
Tough Sales
Personal Account Sales Representative (Former Employee), Pittsbugh, PAOctober 18, 2014
Pros: lenient atmosphere
Cons: job security
Because auto insurance has become more of a commodity, it is tough to sell it if your price is higher than your competitors.
Tough job
Claims Representative (Former Employee), Culver City, CAOctober 17, 2014
High paced.
Constantly on the phone.
Co-workers are like family.
I thouroughly enjoyed working for this company. They treated their staff and clients with respect and fairness.
Claims Manager (Former Employee), San Jose, CAOctober 17, 2014
Pros: great positive working environment. reasonable workload, and excellent management.
Cons: the company did not always promote the true leaders of the company.
I have nothing but positive things to say about State Farm. The upper level management provided excellent leadership as well as positive guidance. This company helped me to become a great leader of people. I was given the opportunity to mentor and develop young team players and I was able to make decisions without worrying about negative feedback. I – more... was trusted to do my job and I was able to help others to achieve success. – less
Tough Spot
Agent Aspirant (Current Employee), LGPOctober 16, 2014
Pros: great team
Cons: no benefits/low compensation
Being an aspiring agent is very a very tough line of work. The main difficulty of the position is the low compensation rate.

From day to day an agent aspirant makes several cold calls in order to build book of business for the agent.

Co-workers are great at my particular office.

Hardest part of my position is the insurance market as a whole has become – more... a total commodity. – less
Unhappy with results
Insurance Sales Representative (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: took all testing= answered phones and took messages
Cons: never got a chance to write policies
Employer needed an agent ASAP. One employee left for family reasons and another was covering for a temp office. Agent needed someone ASAP and said a lot of untrue things in persuading me to come work for him. I did.. 2 months later when employee covering for temp store came back to office i was let go.
Employer also had some important pending engagements – more... that would leave office under staffed for a lot of the summer. Vacations are over, and so is my job. – less
Client Driven - Service & Sales
LICENSED TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MichiganOctober 16, 2014
Pros: lunch from time to time, occasional bonus 1-2 times a year
Cons: no benefits, little pto
Continuously learning aspects of insurance, claims handling, and sales.
Develop relationships with clients, learn their goals and dreams and what is most important to them and their family. Match them with products and financial services to help them achieve their goals.

I enjoy assisting and educating clients regarding the insurance industry.
Great Employer
Underwriting Team Manager (Current Employee), Winter Haven, FLOctober 16, 2014
Pros: pension and 401.
Excellent career opportunities and advancement. Fun and positive environment for learning and future opportunities.
Adore the company
Sr. Account Executive (Former Employee), Millbrae, CAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: fully stoked kitchen, supportive management, collaborative environment
Cons: no health benefits
Great co-workers who all care about clients and their financial objectives.

Great boss and upper management who care about you and what you want to get out of this experience and are encouraging and supportive.

Hardest part of the job: translating difficult insurance terms over the phone.

Most enjoyable: meeting clients face to face.

What I learned: – more... if you enjoy what you're doing and are working with great people, you don't feel the clock ticking. – less
Fast Paced and Taxing but also rewarding
Receptionist and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Maspeth, NYOctober 14, 2014
Pros: generally good work load
Cons: office politics
I would go into work at 2:30 pm every other day. The work schedule was very flexible and perfect for a high school student. I would sit in the front of the office to greet clients and help them with any basic billing or insurance questions that they might have had, I was trained to use the State Farm data base and was also helped with other basic computer – more... skills as well. I was a receptionist for State Farm so I was also picking up incoming phone calls and directing them to the agents. I helped the agents with any paperwork and dealing with other insurance companies as well. I was also able to help maintain a clean and neat work environment. My co-workers were a great team of people who were there every step of the way and they were willing to answer any and all of my questions. The management at my particular location was slightly lacking but the office as a whole was strong. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the in office personal problems. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help customers fully and thoroughly due to the exceptional training I received from my peers. – less
A little boring
Licensed Insurance Producer (Current Employee), Grosse Pointe, MIOctober 14, 2014
I like what I do, which is selling. However, i find most of my time doing service work, and talking to underwriters. I need something a little more challenging. More leads, more prospects, and higher commision.
Productive workplace and great environment
Insurance Representative (Former Employee), Mount Laurel, NJOctober 14, 2014
Helped customer with all kinds of issues and or concerns. Processed insurance quotes and serviced policies...
Customer Service Focused and Market Leadership
Account Representative Agency (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 14, 2014
Fast paced work place with opportunity to earn based upon commission models. Insurance Account Service with strong multi-tasking skills necessary. Very strong team building and training environment.
Great
team member (Current Employee), Banglore KAOctober 14, 2014
Its great working with NTT DATA especially in Bangalore. NTT Data experience gives me more international outlook in software industry.
More hopes on my feature. I have learned more about team work, team lead ,managing ,maintaining ETC
Productive and a very well company to work for.
Receptionist (Former Employee), Katy, TXOctober 13, 2014
I enjoyed working here and learned a lot more to my customer service experience.
Licensed Multi-Line Insurance Agent
Licensed Multi-Line Sales Representative (Current Employee), Roanoke, INOctober 13, 2014
Pros: friendly atmosphere; great clients; good, reputable company
Cons: no insurance benefits; no retirement benefits
Every day is different...never boring! The best part about my job is helping people when they are going through a rough time with a claim or a loss. It's important to empathize with them and treat them with courtesy and understanding.

Sales are important to any business! I am goal-oriented and am used to working toward and reaching sales goals. I do – more... this not only for monetary gain, but for self-satisfaction as well.

Customer service is key. You have to take care of your customers the way you would want to be taken care of. Sometimes there are difficult situations, but when handled in a delicate way most any situation can be taken care of in a positive way leaving the customer, if not completely satisified, at least knowing you did your best for them. – less

About State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company® is the largest auto insurer in the U.S. since 1942. About one of every five – Read more

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Photos