State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
1,790 reviews

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Enjoyed helping the clients
Staff Associate for Agent David Sisk (Former Employee), Williamsburg, VADecember 15, 2014
Pros: helping others
Cons: lunch break too short
Enjoyed helping people, enjoyed working with other team members.
good works hours, being productive.
stressful environment. Unbalanced workload
Auto Claims Handler/Representative (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTDecember 15, 2014
Pros: national company with trainings at the corporate headquarters
Cons: heavy telephone work gave little time to do field investigations.
Instead of fixing processes, mistakes were blamed after each audit on new employees who were summarily fired for incompetence.
Overall an excellent first job
Administrative Assistant/Sales (Former Employee), Salem, ORDecember 14, 2014
Pros: great boss and co-workers
Cons: limited growth potential
I learned valuable skills in dealing with customers in person and over the phone. The most enjoyable part of the job was feeling like you really helped someone.
Sales driven environment
Office Administrator (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJDecember 14, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no comment
Typical day of client interaction in a predominantly Hispanic market place.

I have further expanded my knowledge of insurance terms and related concepts and due process for the State of New Jersey. I have also learned how to work to resolve issues concerning account management, my goal is exemplify State Farm as a serious insurer and my daily goal – more... is to educate and to protect our clients from lack of insurance.

My clients are my most enjoyable part of the job!!! Their trust in my work ethic means the most. – less
Contributed my skills to an rewarding work place
Agent Wendy Weung (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 14, 2014
Pros: ways to make more money with incentives and bonuses.
Cons: a bit far from my house, so the commute was alittle long.
I answered multi-lined phone systems. Greeted customers and answered questions regarding various types of policies. Quoted and completed property and casualty policies such as auto, renter's, homeowner's, personal articles, and etc. Collected payments and applied them to policies.
Productive Job
team member (Current Employee), Gastonia, NCDecember 14, 2014
a typical day at work, the phones ring off the hook, several foot traffic coming in the door, I learn something different everyday. I enjoy seeing everyone that comes in and making a relationship with them.
Loved working with the customers
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Elkton, MDDecember 14, 2014
Pros: the pay was decent
Cons: dishonesty
This was a strange place to work. The boss would come in looking disheveled, hair a mess and slurring words. The boss was on a variety of pain medications that would make the boss stay in bed most days and not come in to the office. Co-workers would talk badly about the past employees and the boss. Co-worker had an affair with a customer which was difficult – more... to deal with because of the spouse. The spouse of the boss would handle claims incorrectly. When customers would call the spouse would say they had coverage and come to find out they didn't - the boss would cover for the worker. It was a difficult and very, very dishonest place to work. I would never work for them again. – less
State Farm Insurance
Receptionist (Former Employee), New Hartford, NYDecember 12, 2014
This job was a lot of clerical work making cold calls. Taking payments, customer service, doing insurance quotes.
Fun
Office Representative (Current Employee), Grand Prairie, TXDecember 11, 2014
This has been a nice office to work for. I have been here for 12 years, and would not be leaving now if the Agent were not retiring.
gc services
Receptionist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 11, 2014
GC Services was a good starting company for me. It allowed me to make goals for my career and learn skills to continue to use throughout my life.
at SF
Business Analyst, Functional Testing (Former Employee), bloomington, illinoisDecember 11, 2014
Pros: all good
Cons: no bad
Nice to work here.
Nice management
huge time lines
good people to work with
agile
web application
offshore-onsite model
Growing Company with mass hiring!
Sales Coordinator/Licensing Specialists (Current Employee), Irving, TXDecember 10, 2014
Pros: big fortune 500 company with good benefits
Cons: too big you can get lost in shuffle as an employee for opportunities
I am a licensing specialist who helps new sales reps get licensed in order to seel insurance. My team and I go in the classrooms during the new employee training and explain the licensing process to new employees. The hardest part of the job is getting all the licenes issued on time due to it being out of our control sometimes. The enjoyable part of – more... my job is meeting new people constantly and teaching processes. – less
State Farm
Mutual Funds Representative (Current Employee), Richardson, TXDecember 9, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Call Center environment
Great people who enjoy helping others out
Productive workplace
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), jacksonville flDecember 9, 2014
Helping customers with inquiries about insurance.
Learned how to create and process claims.
Training did not meet expectations
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 9, 2014
Cons: training poor
Did not work out for me.not a good fit.Great helpful employees.
productive work environment
Customer Service Representitive (Former Employee), Richardson, TXDecember 9, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short shift
once you clock in a person has 30 min to read emails and talk to co-workers or boss about any concerns. Not many distractions. Management was always available. The hardest part about this job would have to be remaining friendly while dealing with rude customers. the most enjoyable part would have to be the happy customers.
Sales
Sales (Current Employee), PortlandDecember 8, 2014
Lots of Networking -
Worked a lot with CPA's and professionals in the financial field.
Enjoyed the networking.
A Work Environment With a Family Feel
Administrative and Licensed Sales Representative (Former Employee), Victor, NYDecember 8, 2014
Pros: interesting work, location, great coworkers
Cons: salary
When I began at State Farm, I came on as a customer service representative with focus in growing State Farm Bank's business. I had very little experience with marketing, but with adequate training from my coworkers and agent, I was quickly ready to begin working. I was able to assist clients with their billing, claims, underwriting, and policy questions. – more... Learning the ins and outs of insurance was challenging, albeit very interesting, useful, and enjoyable. I constantly felt challenged, and each day that I came to work was different than the last.

My favorite part of the job was being able to build lasting relationships with each person that walked through the door. I felt rewarded each time I helped solve a problem of theirs. Working at State Farm also taught me the importance and necessity of time management and organization. I learned first hand how difficult it is to function without a working system; I also learned quickly how to adapt to systems and routines of others. Working at State Farm taught me a lot about myself, including my overwhelming compassion and care for those around me... stranger or friend.

The most difficult part of the job was managing the different systems and routines of those I worked along side. Each sales person functioned in a way that worked for them, while being vastly different from the others. This is where my organization skills helped me greatly: I quickly learned how to differentiate between each sales person, organize their confidential files, follow up with their customers, and assist them with the sales process while still managing to work within my own routine.

In addition to the rewarding, challenging, enjoyable work I did while at State Farm, my coworkers and agent were the greatest aspect of coming to work each day. Though conflict existed and our differences were vast, I truly felt as though I worked with my extended family. The work environment was fast paced and at times, very stressful. However, being able to enjoy your work and those you work with make it easy to succeed. – less
Interesting and challenging
Licensed Sales Agent/ Asst. office Manager (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHDecember 8, 2014
Pros: local to my home
Cons: operating systems are outdated
Typical day is to handle all needs new and existing clients needs, along with developing new clients. The hardest part about my job is being restricted to how many people we cannot help. The most enjoyable part is really helping someone that might have been neglected.
Worked for this company and also attended college full time.
Office Staff (Former Employee), Casper, WYDecember 7, 2014
Responsible for overseeing that forms completion was accurate with all signatures and information complete. Answered phones; greeted clients, telemarketing; and general office duties.

About State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company® is the largest auto insurer in the U.S. since 1942. About one of every five – Read more

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Photos