State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
1,441 reviews

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Ruined my love for the job
Auto Insurance Representative/Secretary (Former Employee), Cordova, TNJuly 7, 2014
Cons: to many to list
I worked for several agents in this company and they got worse as I moved on. The agents didn't care about what was going on with me all they cared about was making a sale. I don't ever want to work for a company who doesn't care about the employees.
Great company to work for.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Merrillville, IndianaJuly 4, 2014
A typical day at work is coming in opening my office completing my assignments and doing my data entry and ordering any supplies needed for the office.
Some great days...some Not so great - The people make the job
Supervisor (Current Employee), FL,July 4, 2014
Pros: great benefits. good management
Cons: salary sucks until you've been there for a long time.
There is no such thing as a typical day at The Farm.

It has a great culture and flexible. Many of the changes have left a negative impact on a few folks, but I guess that's the price of doing business.

With any company, there are those who you question how they got their roles, but I can say that I've had some great leadership.
Claims Representative (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJJuly 3, 2014
Pros: the benefits
Cons: short lunch time
Working at State Farm was a pleasure. Although it was a fast paced environment, the co-workers made it a fun place to be. The management was very professional, knowledgeable and extremely family oriented. The hardest part of the job was going through the transition with the company and not having enough people to do the job which put extreme pressure – more... on the employees that were left. – less
Responsibilities:
SQL Server Developer (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILJuly 2, 2014
State Farm Insurance is a group of insurance and financial services companies that together serve tens of millions of customers in the United States and Canada.
Goal of this project is to design loads the input files into the database and creating Output files for those files loaded. This process also creates the output files directly from the input – more... files for pass thru input files. Daily scheduled process loads files from auto data folder into the Custom ODS database. User can request Output Files using front-end application. The output files are posted on the FTP site and a backup is stored on the production delivery folder

Responsibilities:

• Involved in complete software development life cycle - Requirements gathering, Conceptual Design, Analysis, and Detail design, Development and System Testing
• Involved in database Schema design and development.
• Created complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Indexes, Tables, Views and other T-SQL code and SQL joins for applications following SQL code standards.
• Generated server side T-SQL scripts for data manipulation and validation and created various snapshots and materialized views for remote instances.
• Created tables, indexes and designing constraints and wrote T-SQL statements for retrieval of data and involved in performance tuning of T-SQL Queries and Stored Procedures.
• Used Batch Files to Import Data from other Data Base.
• Created highly complex SSIS packages using various Data transformations like conditional splitting, Fuzzy Lookup, For Each Loop, Multi Cast, column conversion, Fuzzy Grouping, Script Components, error handling.
• Created ETL SSIS packages both design and code to process data to target databases.
• Create and maintain data model/architecture standards, including master data management (MDM). Used master data management (MDM) to define reference data
• Worked in enhancing and deploying, and scheduling the SSIS Packages from development server to production server.
• Wrote the ETL scripts to load the data into database from various source files. Experienced in error handling and troubleshooting the scripts in failure to load the data into database.
• Developed DTS packages to copy tables, schemas and views and to extract data from Excel and Oracle using SSIS.
• Created packages in SSIS with custom error handling and worked with different methods of logging in SSIS.
• Responsible for creating parameterized reports in SSRS.
• Deployed the generated reports on to the Report server and fine-tuned the database objects and server to ensure efficient data retrieval.
• Developed Sub Reports, Matrix Reports, charts, Ad hoc, Drilldown reports, using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
• Scheduled reports to run the reports Hourly, Daily, Monthly according to client requirements for the periodic analysis.
• Wrote queries to generate reports for analysis of data using SSRS.
• Created and deployed the dimensions and cubes with star and snowflake schemas using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
• Built SSAS OLAP cubes that used the built-in SSAS features for the time dimension.

Environment: MS SQL Server 2005/ 2008/2008R2, MS Access, Query Analyzer, Oracle 10g/11i, DTS, Windows 2000 Server, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, T-SQL, PL/SQL, Microsoft Visio 2007, MS Excel, C++, C#, Windows7, ETL, MS Access, Microsoft Visual Source Safe 6.0 – less
Sales and customer service
Sales (Current Employee), Campbell, CAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: i get to bring my dog
Cons: no room for growth, very little compensation.
I am an office manager for a small privately owned state farm agency. I work with a small team to complete sales goals, customer retention/service and employee training. I enjoy my co workers a lot and look at them as family. The hardest part of my job is that their is practically no room for growth and where i am at is the top of the ladder. Looking – more... to move to a company where i can achieve growth and more recognition for my hard work. I enjoy my 3 thousand plus clients and i alos get to bring my rescue dog beaux into work. – less
Nice work environment
Java system Analyst (Current Employee), Huntsville,TXJuly 2, 2014
Universities are always cool. Nice place to work and learn.
Productive, fun work environment
Internship- Administration, Marketing, Sales (Former Employee), Orange, TXJuly 2, 2014
Pros: an hour lunch, great people, learned a lot
Cons: it was an internship position, therfore only temporary.
The people I worked with were very friendly and helpful. I learned a lot about sales and marketing, and was able to meet a lot of new people. I would definitely suggest working for State Farm and I would also suggest switching your insurance to them as well, as they have very low rates.
Productive, but stressing due to sales.
Sales/Team Lead (Current Employee), Mesa, AZJuly 1, 2014
A typical day at work would consist of scheduling appointments, responding to emails, answering phone calls and making sure you meet your goals on a daily basis. I have definitely gained a lot more communication skills and patience. You learn how to cope with certain situations due to the level of stress it can cause.
Gave me the extra cash to begin college life.
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSJuly 1, 2014
Pros: using the paper shredder
Cons: when the paper shredder had to cool down
It was always quite in its own way, and I was never rushed until I'd gotten too into a task during closing time. Oh, and the paper shredder is the best invention of mankind.
Easy to move up
Claims Adjuster/Underwriting/Sales (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: good on promotion
Great Company for entry level
Good on promotion and it is a good company to work for coming out of college. it has good reputation and it is considered the premier among its competitors.
Fun place
Property and Casualty Producer (Former Employee), Norwich, CTJune 30, 2014
I learned a bulk of my insurance knowledge from this company and appreciate it.
Productive and fun workplace
Enterprise Catastrophe Call Center Agent (Former Employee), Irving, TXJune 30, 2014
• Spoke on the phone with customers, agents, and State Farm employees using scripted responses
• Answered insurance-related questions from callers
• Explained processes for claims and provide emergency assistance
• Took detailed messages for agents/claims personnel
• Provided emergency customer assistance
• Assisted customers, agents, and State Farm – more... employees with the use of online job aids
• Used the State Farm intranet to locate information
• Sent detailed messages to agents and claims personnel
• Filed claim reports for customers
• Applied State Farm policies and procedures to unique situations – less
Great opportunity
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee), Tempe, AZJune 30, 2014
Pros: breaks included 2 15 minutes
Cons: 45 minutes lunch
• Perform the planning, consulting, technical analysis, implementation, and daily support of all application software for all infrastructure and systems flatforms.
• Provides service and project support for State Farm’s Internet/intranet environment, including support for browsers, web servers, portal search engines, proxy servers, and Internet mail.
Productive and very customer service friendly job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pinecrest, FLJune 28, 2014
Typically you will go in at 9 am-5:30 pm and will have a 1 hr lunch break. You should be busy all day with walkins and phone calls and as a customer service representative you will learn a handful of task and objectives. Management by statefarm corporate is amazing, and as far as the statefarm agent i previously worked for, the office manager was very – more... knowledgable about the insurance field and the agent was great just rarely found in the office when needed by customers. Hardest part is just explaining rate increases and assuring that the customer is happy with any financial products they may have to avoid any cancellations, and the most enjoyable part would be those clients that surely show you or express gratitude for the work and attention you have placed on there accounts. – less
Company provided product and sales training
Temporary agency service assistant (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLJune 27, 2014
Most days were somewhat structured.
Daily duties done early in the day as possible.
Flexibility required as customer needs arose.
Co-workers were usually helpful and good team workers.
Customer relationships built on trust were very rewarding.
Most difficult part of the job was handling situations where clients expected more from the benefits than were – more... stipulated in policies. – less
Goals were set too high.
Multiple Line Representative (Former Employee), Cross Lanes, WVJune 27, 2014
Pros: boss is out of the office a lot.
Cons: pay was too low and no benefits.
Although it can be very laid back on a day to day basis the goals for each employee were set too high. Not only was it almost impossible to meet those goals but when you did the pay was not that great.
State Farm
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 26, 2014
Over all this was a good company. They just have a lot of out side contractors that they pay less money too so they could fire full time employees
Great Company
Help Desk Specialist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 26, 2014
I enjoyed the people and the company in general. Great benefits but I had to relocate.
Great company with oppurtunities for growth.
Imaging Processor (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAJune 26, 2014
I am currently an Imaging Processor with State Farm Insurance Company. I research and process salvage titles and Workers' Compensation documents. I ensure all documents reach the appropriate department and/or Claims Representative in a timely manner.

About State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company® is the largest auto insurer in the U.S. since 1942. About one of every five – Read more

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Photos