State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews in Canada

State Farm
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  TorontoMay 6, 2014
Great work atmosphere. Great staff and a great place to grow. Monday to Friday shifts.
Pros
great job
Cons
laid off
Great Summer Position
Summer Student (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ONMay 6, 2014
I've worked with State Farm for the last 4 summers, typical duties include answering phones, taking messages, faxing doxuments, making collection calls, collecting payment, etc. Overall a great experience!
State Farm Insurance
System Load & Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Aurora OntarioApril 28, 2014
Work environment was pretty good. You often hear the company business strategy.

Co-workers were nice and you can feel that there is always a team spirit in the atmosphere.
The hardest part of the job was to deal with outside vendor.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to complete projects. You will get a sense of job satisfaction.
Great job culture
Insurance Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 4, 2014
Great job culture, co-works are really helpful and will to give useful suggestions.
Fun place
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONMarch 2, 2014
Learned alot and enjoyed helping people. Hardest part was helping people who needed more time to pay their bill.
Pros
customers
Great experience and ready to improve more
INSURANCE & FINANCIAL ADVISOR & AGENCY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ONFebruary 26, 2014
great workplace to begin and trained and now ready to improve more.
Pros
organize
Cons
income
Insurance was a new field for me but I enjoyed learning and the whole experience.
MARKETING AND COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 24, 2013
The agent at my particular office was very supportive and gave a lot of room to learn.
The co-workers were absolutely fantastic always ready to help when requested. The hardest part of the job was getting acquainted with section of the system that was DOS based.
The most enjoyable part was definitely the team and then getting to know the clients.
Pros
learning
Cons
not too many advancement prospects
excellent working conditions, great pay, fair employer,
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Thorold, ONDecember 18, 2013
i worked as a receptionist and enjoyed my daily duties. Some clients were difficult as most complaints involved rates, increases, and dissatisfied with the outcome of their claims.
It was a Mon to Fri job, 9-5 with no overtime ever. My employer was a mild mannered person who was very fair with us and defended us against clients who tried to abuse us in any way.
Unfortunately, i was laid off due to lack of work at the time.
Pros
fair employer, very nice office, i was respected, rate of pay was acceptable
Cons
trying to calm irate customers and justify why their rates had changed
A nice company
Insurance Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 17, 2013
State Farm is a great company, good balance of job/life.
salary is good.
they have great management structure.
Positive role model.
Office Representative (Former Employee) –  Bracebridge, ONNovember 28, 2013
The staff and clientele relationship is found throughout every corner of this company. I have never worked somewhere were clients and staff communicate as a family. Clients come into the office as if they are visiting an uncle or an aunt simply dropping by for a friendly chat. My tasks were positioned mostly in the back completing office organization duty's or at the clients claims to obtain photographs. The hardest part of my job was forgetting to smile due to the overall positive attitude from all the clients spreading throughout the office staff.
Pros
even if you had a bad weekend it was hard not to smile once you walked in the office.
Cons
sitting in the same position for majority of the shift.
energetic and high pressure
Claim Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  AuroraNovember 12, 2013
very energetic, high pressure and great atmosphere, people were very friendly and helpful
Pros
salary
Cons
location
Excellent
Insurance Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 11, 2013
The most enjoyahle part of the job is Remarkable customer service
Busy days!
Insurance Account Representative/Underwriting (Current Employee) –  Milton, OntarioOctober 30, 2013
My average day at work is constant which I enjoy. I use a lot of energy to process information, service existing clients and gain new business as well. I have learned effective communication skills, multi tasking, prioritizing, problem solving and completing tasks in a timely manner. Management micro manages the team and my co-workers help out but don't seem to share the same drive as myself. I feel the environment is not enough for me to reach my goals and I would like to expand with my knowledge. The hardest past of my job is delivering negative news to clients although I have managed to communicate professionally. The best part of my job is the unknown everyday, I really enjoy new tasks and problems coming to me as I am always eager to solve them!
Pros
independant decision making, client satisfaction
Cons
no lunches, no work life balance, environment is not fit for me
Excellent Position
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  State Farm InsuranceAugust 13, 2013
My position as a receptionist has provided me with excellent communication skills.
I learned how to deal with complaints from customers while working for State Farm. The job had basic skills that included cleaning, taking calls, payments as well as booking appointments. However I was also required to explain some of the benefits that State Farm has to offer.
Dealing with people has always been my favourite part of any job and I loved being a part of a team.
Very organized and enjoyable job.
Part Time Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJune 26, 2013
Extremely busy and fast paced environment. Im a very organized individual so I enjoyed keeping things clean and organized in the office and making sure customers were taken care of.
Great place to work at, everyone is very nice.
Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ONJune 10, 2013
Great place to work at, everyone is very nice, it is with agency, so no benefits.
Pros
awesome staff
Cons
not enough personnel
Fun place to work, not enough training to do the job
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ONMay 24, 2013
Really nice place to work with the majority of people being really nice and friendly to work with. However, management is not so good and the training for the position I have is really bad
Very Good Place to Work and Management is friendly
Oracle Apps Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMay 19, 2013
Very Good Place to Work and learn Various technologies and Business partners and Management is friendly to Interact.
nice people
Senior staff appraiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 7, 2013
good company, good people, not enough volume to keep everyone busy working
Pros
freedom to do the job right
Cons
not enough work to live
Productive, fun loving
Sales rep (Former Employee) –  MississaugaApril 15, 2013
The targets set were too high, as its a franchise, the office doenst have too many people and sometimes can get quite boring