State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Awesome work envoirnment.
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2015
The project involved revamping Agency Contract management system into new RDBMS. It combined various details about individual Agency into one easy application. Project captured all the details ranging from Name, address, phone and Fax number, e-mail address while linking it to Databases storing Agency Production and Profitability details. Responsibilities included:

• Performed Gap analysis, conducted walk through and acted as liaison between the Business users, Stakeholders and the development team to perform requirements gathering.
• Gathered business requirements through sessions and analysis by interviewing users and SME.
• Analyzed Business/system requirements using requirements arbitrage and assign appropriate priorities.
• Effectively managed requirement change requests during various phases of project life cycle.
• Ensured all requirements, enhancements have been met.
• Managed change and enhancement request. Got system approvals by conducting UAT sessions.
Great place work. Good potential for advancement and professional development.Management & company support in many L&D programs
Property Damage Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Aurora, Ontario15 January 2015
Great place work. Good potential for advancement and professional development.Management & company support in L&D programs, mentorship, etc.
Pros
Benefits, perks, rewards. Overall great company to work
Cons
Mostly full-time positions only
Amazing place to work
Ontario Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ON13 January 2015
A great place to work, provided me with a wonderful and dynamic learning experience.
heavy work load but great team
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 November 2014
My manager has excellent management skill overall and we have a great team work culture in place. They do provide you a full training section and 1 month in house training while you are performing your job. It makes you feel you have a team back you up. However, the workload is just way too much to handle and low pay. It is a great opportunity to learn and start your career.
Good
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON24 June 2014
solid work place with good coworkers, rewarding helping people become financial better off
Great place to work for new graduate.
Special Investigations Field Claim Representative (Current Employee) –  Aurora, On17 May 2014
Great opportunity for new graduate. Growth opportunities.
State Farm
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto6 May 2014
Great work atmosphere. Great staff and a great place to grow. Monday to Friday shifts.
Pros
Great job
Cons
laid off
Great Summer Position
Summer Student (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON6 May 2014
I've worked with State Farm for the last 4 summers, typical duties include answering phones, taking messages, faxing doxuments, making collection calls, collecting payment, etc. Overall a great experience!
State Farm Insurance
System Load & Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Aurora Ontario28 April 2014
Work environment was pretty good. You often hear the company business strategy.

Co-workers were nice and you can feel that there is always a team spirit in the atmosphere.
The hardest part of the job was to deal with outside vendor.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to complete projects. You will get a sense of job satisfaction.
Great job culture
Insurance Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 March 2014
Great job culture, co-works are really helpful and will to give useful suggestions.
Fun place
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON2 March 2014
Learned alot and enjoyed helping people. Hardest part was helping people who needed more time to pay their bill.
Pros
customers
Great experience and ready to improve more
INSURANCE & FINANCIAL ADVISOR & AGENCY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ON26 February 2014
great workplace to begin and trained and now ready to improve more.
Pros
organize
Cons
income
Insurance was a new field for me but I enjoyed learning and the whole experience.
MARKETING AND COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 December 2013
The agent at my particular office was very supportive and gave a lot of room to learn.
The co-workers were absolutely fantastic always ready to help when requested. The hardest part of the job was getting acquainted with section of the system that was DOS based.
The most enjoyable part was definitely the team and then getting to know the clients.
Pros
Learning
Cons
Not too many advancement prospects
excellent working conditions, great pay, fair employer,
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Thorold, ON18 December 2013
i worked as a receptionist and enjoyed my daily duties. Some clients were difficult as most complaints involved rates, increases, and dissatisfied with the outcome of their claims.
It was a Mon to Fri job, 9-5 with no overtime ever. My employer was a mild mannered person who was very fair with us and defended us against clients who tried to abuse us in any way.
Unfortunately, i was laid off due to lack of work at the time.
Pros
fair employer, very nice office, i was respected, rate of pay was acceptable
Cons
trying to calm irate customers and justify why their rates had changed
A nice company
Insurance Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 December 2013
State Farm is a great company, good balance of job/life.
salary is good.
they have great management structure.
Positive role model.
Office Representative (Former Employee) –  Bracebridge, ON28 November 2013
The staff and clientele relationship is found throughout every corner of this company. I have never worked somewhere were clients and staff communicate as a family. Clients come into the office as if they are visiting an uncle or an aunt simply dropping by for a friendly chat. My tasks were positioned mostly in the back completing office organization duty's or at the clients claims to obtain photographs. The hardest part of my job was forgetting to smile due to the overall positive attitude from all the clients spreading throughout the office staff.
Pros
Even if you had a bad weekend it was hard not to smile once you walked in the office.
Cons
Sitting in the same position for majority of the shift.
energetic and high pressure
Claim Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora12 November 2013
very energetic, high pressure and great atmosphere, people were very friendly and helpful
Pros
salary
Cons
location
Excellent
Insurance Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 November 2013
The most enjoyahle part of the job is Remarkable customer service
Busy days!
Insurance Account Representative/Underwriting (Current Employee) –  Milton, Ontario30 October 2013
My average day at work is constant which I enjoy. I use a lot of energy to process information, service existing clients and gain new business as well. I have learned effective communication skills, multi tasking, prioritizing, problem solving and completing tasks in a timely manner. Management micro manages the team and my co-workers help out but don't seem to share the same drive as myself. I feel the environment is not enough for me to reach my goals and I would like to expand with my knowledge. The hardest past of my job is delivering negative news to clients although I have managed to communicate professionally. The best part of my job is the unknown everyday, I really enjoy new tasks and problems coming to me as I am always eager to solve them!
Pros
Independant decision making, client satisfaction
Cons
No lunches, no work life balance, environment is not fit for me
Excellent Position
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  State Farm Insurance13 August 2013
My position as a receptionist has provided me with excellent communication skills.
I learned how to deal with complaints from customers while working for State Farm. The job had basic skills that included cleaning, taking calls, payments as well as booking appointments. However I was also required to explain some of the benefits that State Farm has to offer.
Dealing with people has always been my favourite part of any job and I loved being a part of a team.

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Reviews by Location