State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
nice people
Senior staff appraiser (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 7, 2013
Pros: freedom to do the job right
Cons: not enough work to live
good company, good people, not enough volume to keep everyone busy working
Productive, fun loving
Sales rep (Former Employee), MississaugaApril 15, 2013
Cons: long hours
The targets set were too high, as its a franchise, the office doenst have too many people and sometimes can get quite boring
When I worked for them I had a great time and my workmates were wonderful
data entry clerk (Former Employee), head office near Scarborough Town CentreFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: nice christmas bonus that you could pick from a list of appliances to collector plates
Cons: non realy
Not stressful but very productive. Started early and finished at a good hour. Management was great when I worked for my female supervisor, a wonderful lady. My co-workers were a joy to work with, They came from varied backgrounds and it was a great experience learning about or lifestyles etc. The hardest part of the job was when we went to a team aspect – more... and sometimes workers did not pull their own weight. The most memorable part of my job was when we did an employee - team booster competition. FUN... – less
fun workplace
Sr. Java Technical Lead (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILJanuary 27, 2013
Good working environment
Learned new technologies and new processes
State Farm Insurance Agencies
Agency Team Leader (Former Employee), Kingston, OntarioJanuary 26, 2013
State Farm is a pleasant and interesting place to work. Both Agencies that I worked with were good with a focus on supporting staff to make a difference for the clients. Good benefits and a caring boss makes State Farm a great place to be.
Productive and fun workplace, impressive facilities and in-house Tim Horton's
Life Insurance Policy Administrator (Current Employee), Aurora, OnJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: in-house tim hortons
Cons: location is way up north, difficult for employees who do not drive
A typical day at work starts at 8:30 and runs until 4:30. We get a 45 minute lunch break. Management is very approachable and co-workers are easy to work with. Hardest part of the job would be at crunch time (end of promotions for agents) and we find ourselves understaffed due to absenteeism or vacations. Most enjoyable part of the job is being able – more... to help clients. – less
nice place
account manager (Former Employee), mississaugaSeptember 14, 2012
Pros: flexibile schedule
Cons: no job security
it was a good experience. my boss was very nice. coworkers were great. hardest part was cold calling.
I worked there over 20 years ago and it was one of the best places to work.
Administrative - Data Entry (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: learned alot of various jobs
Cons: some people got away with murder
I miss my friends there and wish we could all be together again. We had great team spirit and enthusiasum. My supervisor was a fine and fare lady to work with even though we had some really heavy workload days we all pulled together to make it a pleasant day. We had pot luck lunches throughout the year and it was great because we all came from various – more... backgrounds. What a joy. – less
Productive and calm environment workplace
Customer Service/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), mississauga, onJuly 24, 2012
Pros: free beverages
Cons: short breaks
State Farm is a great company to work for. I learned so much about insurance and office work, gained much experience and knowledge about many different things. My co-workers are great to be around; they're fun, outgoing and simply amazing! The hardest part of the job is keeping up with everything when it's a busy day, many customers call in for quotes – more... which becomes pretty hectic but still is a fun task to do. The most enjoyable part of this job is putting the insurance information into the system. – less
Insurance sales.
Multiline Insurance Representative (Current Employee), Louisville, KYSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: learning and experience
Multiline insurance representative. Consulting and selling life, health, property and casualty insurance products to businesses and individual clients.
Not a whole lot to be done
State Farm Agent (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 26, 2014
This is where my customer service training began. Not ragging on the company, but selling insurance is rarely ever fun.
Great work environment
Insurance Producer (Current Employee), Oak Brook, ILSeptember 24, 2014
Long hours, low pay, people are great though.
Get to help people but the amount of hours worked does not reflect in your paycheck.
Great Learning experience
Agent (Former Employee), Gilroy, CASeptember 24, 2014
I learned how to deal with people's important issues, especially when it comes to life and auto insurance a lot of people overthink a lot of things. I have come to understand that even though people hate cold callings; that that's the only way people will ever know about how much money they can save from switching over to State Farm Insurance.
Stimulating environment with room to grow into your greatest potential
Systems Analyst Intern (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILSeptember 24, 2014
AGILE development meeting
Computer programming until 5pm
Busy place to work.
Clerical Worker (Former Employee), Russellville, ARSeptember 24, 2014
A lot of time on the computer and the phone. People skills is a big thing.
Call Center friendly environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Dunwoody, GASeptember 23, 2014
State Farm was a friendly work place. It was a call center work place. I would take back to back calls through out my work period and assist customers with whatever they needed assistance with. I learned how to work better with other people on teams and getting customers to better place. I enjoyed making customers happy.
Great Company
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Richardson, TXSeptember 23, 2014
Great Company. Excellent training and advancement potential. Good working environment, flexible hours.
Statefarm
Claims Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FlSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: better insight about the process of claims
Cons: no opportunity for permanent position only pt
This was a part time temporary position through a staffing agency with no promise to hire. Through this job opportunity I became more knowledgeable about the claims process.

Investigated and evaluated the facts of a claim, which could include damage to property or injury to people while Maintaining the confidentiality of claim information.

Also Communicated – more... with customers and associates over the telephone, in person, and in written correspondence – less
Great workplace
Claims processor (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: tuition reimbursement
Great free flowing work place. Learned multiple line of insurance. Management was tough but great. Co-workers where friendly. Hardest part of the day was multi-tasking. The most enjoyable part of the day when you get recognized for a job well done.
Beautiful Work Place
Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee), ILSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: free health care
Cons: short breaks
Fantastic environment to work in with all accruing privileges and rights well embedded as benefits. I was privilege to work with a fantastic team, willing to assist members in achieving results. It was a great learning environment. My hardest part of the job was dealing with project change request and non performance.

About State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company® is the largest auto insurer in the U.S. since 1942. About one of every five – Read more

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Photos