State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
1,995 reviews

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very organized and enjoyable job.
Part Time Receptionist (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJune 26, 2013
Extremely busy and fast paced environment. Im a very organized individual so I enjoyed keeping things clean and organized in the office and making sure customers were taken care of.
Great place to work at, everyone is very nice.
Warehouse (Current Employee), Pickering, ONJune 10, 2013
Pros: awesome staff
Cons: not enough personnel
Great place to work at, everyone is very nice, it is with agency, so no benefits.
Fun place to work, not enough training to do the job
Claims Processor (Current Employee), Aurora, ONMay 24, 2013
Really nice place to work with the majority of people being really nice and friendly to work with. However, management is not so good and the training for the position I have is really bad
Very Good Place to Work and Management is friendly
Oracle Apps Technical Consultant (Current Employee), Bloomington, ILMay 19, 2013
Very Good Place to Work and learn Various technologies and Business partners and Management is friendly to Interact.
nice people
Senior staff appraiser (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 7, 2013
Pros: freedom to do the job right
Cons: not enough work to live
good company, good people, not enough volume to keep everyone busy working
Productive, fun loving
Sales rep (Former Employee), MississaugaApril 15, 2013
Cons: long hours
The targets set were too high, as its a franchise, the office doenst have too many people and sometimes can get quite boring
When I worked for them I had a great time and my workmates were wonderful
data entry clerk (Former Employee), head office near Scarborough Town CentreFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: nice christmas bonus that you could pick from a list of appliances to collector plates
Cons: non realy
Not stressful but very productive. Started early and finished at a good hour. Management was great when I worked for my female supervisor, a wonderful lady. My co-workers were a joy to work with, They came from varied backgrounds and it was a great experience learning about or lifestyles etc. The hardest part of the job was when we went to a team aspect and sometimes workers did not pull their own weight. The most memorable part of my job was when we did an employee - team booster competition. FUN...
fun workplace
Sr. Java Technical Lead (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILJanuary 27, 2013
Good working environment
Learned new technologies and new processes
State Farm Insurance Agencies
Agency Team Leader (Former Employee), Kingston, OntarioJanuary 26, 2013
State Farm is a pleasant and interesting place to work. Both Agencies that I worked with were good with a focus on supporting staff to make a difference for the clients. Good benefits and a caring boss makes State Farm a great place to be.
Productive and fun workplace, impressive facilities and in-house Tim Horton's
Life Insurance Policy Administrator (Current Employee), Aurora, OnJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: in-house tim hortons
Cons: location is way up north, difficult for employees who do not drive
A typical day at work starts at 8:30 and runs until 4:30. We get a 45 minute lunch break. Management is very approachable and co-workers are easy to work with. Hardest part of the job would be at crunch time (end of promotions for agents) and we find ourselves understaffed due to absenteeism or vacations. Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help clients.
nice place
account manager (Former Employee), mississaugaSeptember 14, 2012
Pros: flexibile schedule
Cons: no job security
it was a good experience. my boss was very nice. coworkers were great. hardest part was cold calling.
I worked there over 20 years ago and it was one of the best places to work.
Administrative - Data Entry (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: learned alot of various jobs
Cons: some people got away with murder
I miss my friends there and wish we could all be together again. We had great team spirit and enthusiasum. My supervisor was a fine and fare lady to work with even though we had some really heavy workload days we all pulled together to make it a pleasant day. We had pot luck lunches throughout the year and it was great because we all came from various backgrounds. What a joy.
Productive and calm environment workplace
Customer Service/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), mississauga, onJuly 24, 2012
Pros: free beverages
Cons: short breaks
State Farm is a great company to work for. I learned so much about insurance and office work, gained much experience and knowledge about many different things. My co-workers are great to be around; they're fun, outgoing and simply amazing! The hardest part of the job is keeping up with everything when it's a busy day, many customers call in for quotes which becomes pretty hectic but still is a fun task to do. The most enjoyable part of this job is putting the insurance information into the system.

About State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm® is the largest auto insurer in the U.S. since 1942. About one of every five cars on the road is insured with State – Read more

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Photos