State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Great place to work with plenty of resources ans opportunity to grow
Workforce Management (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON21 September 2015
It wasn't just your typical 9-5 office job. Priding themselves on mentoring, diversity and inclusion, several internal committees, and employee incentives - they made a stressful insurance claims department fun to work in.
Pros
Internal cafe, Tim Horton's in the building, Flexible Schedule
Productive and Fun
Underwriting Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aurora15 September 2015
Great place to work. Co-workers are helpful and training was good. Flexible and understanding managers. Great pay, benefit package.
Great Place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 September 2015
State Farm Insurance is an amazing place to work. I worked with the best people and they truly care about their staff. The best part of the job was the people I worked with external and internal.
Great workplace!
Insurance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga ON28 August 2015
Great workplace! You will learn so much on how to deal with clients.The people are fun to work with. You will learn how to organize yourself and multi task.
All around wonderful experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON12 August 2015
The time i spent there was excellent. Lots of customer interaction and problem solving. Never a dull moment. I was able to expand my skills in customer service interactions as well as my problem solving abilities.
Excellent training and management.
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON21 May 2015
Excellent company to work for. Thorough training, friendly management and up-beat staff make for an excellent work environment.
Pros
Relaxed work environment, good training. Good bonuses.
Cons
Benefits could be a bit better.
A good place to work, good people and helpful managers
Analysis and Reporting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ON15 May 2015
A good organization that keeps its employees in mind. Recent acquisition by another company and therefore a change in culture in forthcoming.
Pros
Good vacation and benefits
Cons
No growth opportunities currently.
great company, work/life balance
technician (Current Employee) –  aurora, on27 April 2015
Great company overall, transition to new company causing some stresses.

Certain areas in the company offer flexible shifts to accommodate home life.

Too many leadership layers, slow to move processes along

Great people at this company
good and bed part in job but still it is good compare to other field
Insurance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 April 2015
It is good professional environment. Some day are excellent. I learned a lot regarding product, regarding discipline and sincerity.
It is very good experience with co workers.
hardest part of job is to satisfying customer for product comparison and rate comparison with other company.
Most enjoyable part is talking to different kinds of people.
Pros
good working hrs
Cons
Saturday working
A great starter job but no room for advancement
Insurance Account Representative/Agent (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 March 2015
This job was a great start after I graduated university, unfortunately it falls flat in advancement.

All I can do is sell more, sell more and sell more.

It was a great learning experience collaborating with underwriters and adjusters to meet clients needs.

My colleagues and boss were understanding when I was sick and had to attend to an family emergencies.

I loved building relationships with clients and having those people ask for me. It felt great that I was doing a good job and they appreciated my service.

There were times when clients could be difficult but I learned skills that were helpful in calming them down when they were frustrated. Insurance isn't an easy business but there is reward when you help a client.

I had hoped for more structure in the office, it was very disorganized at times.
Comfortable work place with friendly co workers
Virtual Call Center Agent Home Based (Former Employee) –  CA18 February 2015
It has been a challenging work for me in State Farm. I developed patience during phone calls because some clients will say bad words over the phone and I even get insulted with some customers. But these doesn't stop me from the job because I took it as a challenge. The more I get "nos the closer I get yes." I did enjoy my job because I got many clients and I really enjoy communicating and dealing with them.
Pros
State Farm - I work in our house super convenient and comfortable
Cons
not that good compensation
Awesome work envoirnment.
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2015
The project involved revamping Agency Contract management system into new RDBMS. It combined various details about individual Agency into one easy application. Project captured all the details ranging from Name, address, phone and Fax number, e-mail address while linking it to Databases storing Agency Production and Profitability details. Responsibilities included:

• Performed Gap analysis, conducted walk through and acted as liaison between the Business users, Stakeholders and the development team to perform requirements gathering.
• Gathered business requirements through sessions and analysis by interviewing users and SME.
• Analyzed Business/system requirements using requirements arbitrage and assign appropriate priorities.
• Effectively managed requirement change requests during various phases of project life cycle.
• Ensured all requirements, enhancements have been met.
• Managed change and enhancement request. Got system approvals by conducting UAT sessions.
Great place work. Good potential for advancement and professional development.Management & company support in many L&D programs
Property Damage Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Aurora, Ontario15 January 2015
Great place work. Good potential for advancement and professional development.Management & company support in L&D programs, mentorship, etc.
Pros
Benefits, perks, rewards. Overall great company to work
Cons
Mostly full-time positions only
Amazing place to work
Ontario Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ON13 January 2015
A great place to work, provided me with a wonderful and dynamic learning experience.
heavy work load but great team
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 November 2014
My manager has excellent management skill overall and we have a great team work culture in place. They do provide you a full training section and 1 month in house training while you are performing your job. It makes you feel you have a team back you up. However, the workload is just way too much to handle and low pay. It is a great opportunity to learn and start your career.
Good
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON24 June 2014
solid work place with good coworkers, rewarding helping people become financial better off
Great place to work for new graduate.
Special Investigations Field Claim Representative (Current Employee) –  Aurora, On17 May 2014
Great opportunity for new graduate. Growth opportunities.
State Farm
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto6 May 2014
Great work atmosphere. Great staff and a great place to grow. Monday to Friday shifts.
Pros
Great job
Cons
laid off
Great Summer Position
Summer Student (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON6 May 2014
I've worked with State Farm for the last 4 summers, typical duties include answering phones, taking messages, faxing doxuments, making collection calls, collecting payment, etc. Overall a great experience!
State Farm Insurance
System Load & Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Aurora Ontario28 April 2014
Work environment was pretty good. You often hear the company business strategy.

Co-workers were nice and you can feel that there is always a team spirit in the atmosphere.
The hardest part of the job was to deal with outside vendor.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to complete projects. You will get a sense of job satisfaction.