State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Awesome work envoirnment.
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 25, 2015
The project involved revamping Agency Contract management system into new RDBMS. It combined various details about individual Agency into one easy application. Project captured all the details ranging from Name, address, phone and Fax number, e-mail address while linking it to Databases storing Agency Production and Profitability details. Responsibilities included:

• Performed Gap analysis, conducted walk through and acted as liaison between the Business users, Stakeholders and the development team to perform requirements gathering.
• Gathered business requirements through sessions and analysis by interviewing users and SME.
• Analyzed Business/system requirements using requirements arbitrage and assign appropriate priorities.
• Effectively managed requirement change requests during various phases of project life cycle.
• Ensured all requirements, enhancements have been met.
• Managed change and enhancement request. Got system approvals by conducting UAT sessions.
Great Place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 3, 2015
State Farm Insurance is an amazing place to work. I worked with the best people and they truly care about their staff. The best part of the job was the people I worked with external and internal.
Productive and Fun
Underwriting Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  AuroraSeptember 15, 2015
Great place to work. Co-workers are helpful and training was good. Flexible and understanding managers. Great pay, benefit package.
When I worked for them I had a great time and my workmates were wonderful
data entry clerk (Former Employee) –  head office near Scarborough Town CentreFebruary 12, 2013
Not stressful but very productive. Started early and finished at a good hour. Management was great when I worked for my female supervisor, a wonderful lady. My co-workers were a joy to work with, They came from varied backgrounds and it was a great experience learning about or lifestyles etc. The hardest part of the job was when we went to a team aspect and sometimes workers did not pull their own weight. The most memorable part of my job was when we did an employee - team booster competition. FUN...
Pros
nice christmas bonus that you could pick from a list of appliances to collector plates
Cons
non realy
Great workplace!
Insurance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga ONAugust 28, 2015
Great workplace! You will learn so much on how to deal with clients.The people are fun to work with. You will learn how to organize yourself and multi task.
good and bed part in job but still it is good compare to other field
Insurance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 16, 2015
It is good professional environment. Some day are excellent. I learned a lot regarding product, regarding discipline and sincerity.
It is very good experience with co workers.
hardest part of job is to satisfying customer for product comparison and rate comparison with other company.
Most enjoyable part is talking to different kinds of people.
Pros
good working hrs
Cons
Saturday working
Insurance was a new field for me but I enjoyed learning and the whole experience.
MARKETING AND COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 24, 2013
The agent at my particular office was very supportive and gave a lot of room to learn.
The co-workers were absolutely fantastic always ready to help when requested. The hardest part of the job was getting acquainted with section of the system that was DOS based.
The most enjoyable part was definitely the team and then getting to know the clients.
Pros
learning
Cons
not too many advancement prospects
great company, work/life balance
technician (Current Employee) –  aurora, onApril 27, 2015
Great company overall, transition to new company causing some stresses.

Certain areas in the company offer flexible shifts to accommodate home life.

Too many leadership layers, slow to move processes along

Great people at this company
Positive role model.
Office Representative (Former Employee) –  Bracebridge, ONNovember 28, 2013
The staff and clientele relationship is found throughout every corner of this company. I have never worked somewhere were clients and staff communicate as a family. Clients come into the office as if they are visiting an uncle or an aunt simply dropping by for a friendly chat. My tasks were positioned mostly in the back completing office organization duty's or at the clients claims to obtain photographs. The hardest part of my job was forgetting to smile due to the overall positive attitude from all the clients spreading throughout the office staff.
Pros
even if you had a bad weekend it was hard not to smile once you walked in the office.
Cons
sitting in the same position for majority of the shift.
excellent working conditions, great pay, fair employer,
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Thorold, ONDecember 18, 2013
i worked as a receptionist and enjoyed my daily duties. Some clients were difficult as most complaints involved rates, increases, and dissatisfied with the outcome of their claims.
It was a Mon to Fri job, 9-5 with no overtime ever. My employer was a mild mannered person who was very fair with us and defended us against clients who tried to abuse us in any way.
Unfortunately, i was laid off due to lack of work at the time.
Pros
fair employer, very nice office, i was respected, rate of pay was acceptable
Cons
trying to calm irate customers and justify why their rates had changed
Productive and calm environment workplace
Customer Service/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  mississauga, onJuly 24, 2012
State Farm is a great company to work for. I learned so much about insurance and office work, gained much experience and knowledge about many different things. My co-workers are great to be around; they're fun, outgoing and simply amazing! The hardest part of the job is keeping up with everything when it's a busy day, many customers call in for quotes which becomes pretty hectic but still is a fun task to do. The most enjoyable part of this job is putting the insurance information into the system.
Pros
free beverages
Cons
short breaks
I worked there over 20 years ago and it was one of the best places to work.
Administrative - Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONSeptember 10, 2012
I miss my friends there and wish we could all be together again. We had great team spirit and enthusiasum. My supervisor was a fine and fare lady to work with even though we had some really heavy workload days we all pulled together to make it a pleasant day. We had pot luck lunches throughout the year and it was great because we all came from various backgrounds. What a joy.
Pros
learned alot of various jobs
Cons
some people got away with murder
Productive, fun loving
Sales rep (Former Employee) –  MississaugaApril 15, 2013
The targets set were too high, as its a franchise, the office doenst have too many people and sometimes can get quite boring
Cons
Fun place to work, not enough training to do the job
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ONMay 24, 2013
Really nice place to work with the majority of people being really nice and friendly to work with. However, management is not so good and the training for the position I have is really bad
State Farm Insurance
System Load & Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Aurora OntarioApril 28, 2014
Work environment was pretty good. You often hear the company business strategy.

Co-workers were nice and you can feel that there is always a team spirit in the atmosphere.
The hardest part of the job was to deal with outside vendor.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to complete projects. You will get a sense of job satisfaction.
Very Good Place to Work and Management is friendly
Oracle Apps Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMay 19, 2013
Very Good Place to Work and learn Various technologies and Business partners and Management is friendly to Interact.
nice place
account manager (Former Employee) –  mississaugaSeptember 14, 2012
it was a good experience. my boss was very nice. coworkers were great. hardest part was cold calling.
Pros
flexibile schedule
Cons
no job security
Amazing place to work
Ontario Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ONJanuary 13, 2015
A great place to work, provided me with a wonderful and dynamic learning experience.
Great job culture
Insurance Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 4, 2014
Great job culture, co-works are really helpful and will to give useful suggestions.
Great place to work for new graduate.
Special Investigations Field Claim Representative (Current Employee) –  Aurora, OnMay 17, 2014
Great opportunity for new graduate. Growth opportunities.

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Reviews by Location