State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews in Canada

Great working environment- family like everyone is there for you
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ONApril 28, 2016
I learned there is always someone there to help you with any questions. Great working culture, great people working and managers
Pros
great career
Cons
A good company undergoing growing pains
Policy Assembly (Former Employee) –  Greeley, CONovember 15, 2015
When I worked for State Farm, the company was in the middle of restructuring. Divisions were being downsized and consolidated, and everyone was struggling to readjust to the new workload.

Beyond that, it was a good experience. I learned a lot, and the atmosphere was supportive. I definitely enjoyed my time there. Pity my temporary assignment ended.
Pros
Encouraging atmosphere, good pay
Cons
Tumultuous workload
excellent company
Multiple Lines Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  san Anselmo, caApril 25, 2016
excellent company to work for. Gained valuable experience with numerous products to sell and excellent customer service skill acquired.
Unproductive place to work
office admin (Former Employee) –  Courtice, ONNovember 4, 2015
Always unable to catch up on work that was so far behind, ( 6 months)
Very sneaky, makes promises and never keeps them.

Owner makes it impossible to speak to manager as she keeps the manager in her office all day, then gets mad when the work load was unfinished...
Pros
Owner is rarely at work
Cons
When she is no work gets done
Great place to work with plenty of resources ans opportunity to grow
Workforce Management (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ONSeptember 21, 2015
It wasn't just your typical 9-5 office job. Priding themselves on mentoring, diversity and inclusion, several internal committees, and employee incentives - they made a stressful insurance claims department fun to work in.
Pros
Internal cafe, Tim Horton's in the building, Flexible Schedule
Great Place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 3, 2015
State Farm Insurance is an amazing place to work. I worked with the best people and they truly care about their staff. The best part of the job was the people I worked with external and internal.
Productive and Fun
Underwriting Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  AuroraSeptember 15, 2015
Great place to work. Co-workers are helpful and training was good. Flexible and understanding managers. Great pay, benefit package.
good and bed part in job but still it is good compare to other field
Insurance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 16, 2015
It is good professional environment. Some day are excellent. I learned a lot regarding product, regarding discipline and sincerity.
It is very good experience with co workers.
hardest part of job is to satisfying customer for product comparison and rate comparison with other company.
Most enjoyable part is talking to different kinds of people.
Pros
good working hrs
Cons
Saturday working
Great workplace!
Insurance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga ONAugust 28, 2015
Great workplace! You will learn so much on how to deal with clients.The people are fun to work with. You will learn how to organize yourself and multi task.
A good place to work, good people and helpful managers
Analysis and Reporting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ONMay 15, 2015
A good organization that keeps its employees in mind. Recent acquisition by another company and therefore a change in culture in forthcoming.
Pros
Good vacation and benefits
Cons
No growth opportunities currently.
Comfortable work place with friendly co workers
Virtual Call Center Agent Home Based (Former Employee) –  CAFebruary 18, 2015
It has been a challenging work for me in State Farm. I developed patience during phone calls because some clients will say bad words over the phone and I even get insulted with some customers. But these doesn't stop me from the job because I took it as a challenge. The more I get "nos the closer I get yes." I did enjoy my job because I got many clients and I really enjoy communicating and dealing with them.
Pros
state farm - i work in our house super convenient and comfortable
Cons
not that good compensation
Excellent training and management.
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONMay 21, 2015
Excellent company to work for. Thorough training, friendly management and up-beat staff make for an excellent work environment.
Pros
Relaxed work environment, good training. Good bonuses.
Cons
Benefits could be a bit better.
A great starter job but no room for advancement
Insurance Account Representative/Agent (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 10, 2015
This job was a great start after I graduated university, unfortunately it falls flat in advancement.

All I can do is sell more, sell more and sell more.

It was a great learning experience collaborating with underwriters and adjusters to meet clients needs.

My colleagues and boss were understanding when I was sick and had to attend to an family emergencies.

I loved building relationships with clients and having those people ask for me. It felt great that I was doing a good job and they appreciated my service.

There were times when clients could be difficult but I learned skills that were helpful in calming them down when they were frustrated. Insurance isn't an easy business but there is reward when you help a client.

I had hoped for more structure in the office, it was very disorganized at times.
great company, work/life balance
technician (Current Employee) –  aurora, onApril 27, 2015
Great company overall, transition to new company causing some stresses.

Certain areas in the company offer flexible shifts to accommodate home life.

Too many leadership layers, slow to move processes along

Great people at this company
Great place work. Good potential for advancement and professional development.Management & company support in many L&D programs
Property Damage Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Aurora, OntarioJanuary 15, 2015
Great place work. Good potential for advancement and professional development.Management & company support in L&D programs, mentorship, etc.
Pros
benefits, perks, rewards. overall great company to work
Cons
mostly full-time positions only
heavy work load but great team
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 11, 2014
My manager has excellent management skill overall and we have a great team work culture in place. They do provide you a full training section and 1 month in house training while you are performing your job. It makes you feel you have a team back you up. However, the workload is just way too much to handle and low pay. It is a great opportunity to learn and start your career.
Insurance was a new field for me but I enjoyed learning and the whole experience.
MARKETING AND COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 24, 2013
The agent at my particular office was very supportive and gave a lot of room to learn.
The co-workers were absolutely fantastic always ready to help when requested. The hardest part of the job was getting acquainted with section of the system that was DOS based.
The most enjoyable part was definitely the team and then getting to know the clients.
Pros
learning
Cons
not too many advancement prospects
excellent working conditions, great pay, fair employer,
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Thorold, ONDecember 18, 2013
i worked as a receptionist and enjoyed my daily duties. Some clients were difficult as most complaints involved rates, increases, and dissatisfied with the outcome of their claims.
It was a Mon to Fri job, 9-5 with no overtime ever. My employer was a mild mannered person who was very fair with us and defended us against clients who tried to abuse us in any way.
Unfortunately, i was laid off due to lack of work at the time.
Pros
fair employer, very nice office, i was respected, rate of pay was acceptable
Cons
trying to calm irate customers and justify why their rates had changed
Positive role model.
Office Representative (Former Employee) –  Bracebridge, ONNovember 28, 2013
The staff and clientele relationship is found throughout every corner of this company. I have never worked somewhere were clients and staff communicate as a family. Clients come into the office as if they are visiting an uncle or an aunt simply dropping by for a friendly chat. My tasks were positioned mostly in the back completing office organization duty's or at the clients claims to obtain photographs. The hardest part of my job was forgetting to smile due to the overall positive attitude from all the clients spreading throughout the office staff.
Pros
even if you had a bad weekend it was hard not to smile once you walked in the office.
Cons
sitting in the same position for majority of the shift.
Excellent Position
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  State Farm InsuranceAugust 13, 2013
My position as a receptionist has provided me with excellent communication skills.
I learned how to deal with complaints from customers while working for State Farm. The job had basic skills that included cleaning, taking calls, payments as well as booking appointments. However I was also required to explain some of the benefits that State Farm has to offer.
Dealing with people has always been my favourite part of any job and I loved being a part of a team.