State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
1,472 reviews

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJune 24, 2014
solid work place with good coworkers, rewarding helping people become financial better off
Great place to work for new graduate.
Special Investigations Field Claim Representative (Current Employee), Aurora, OnMay 17, 2014
Great opportunity for new graduate. Growth opportunities.
State Farm
Administration Assistant (Current Employee), TorontoMay 6, 2014
Pros: great job
Cons: laid off
Great work atmosphere. Great staff and a great place to grow. Monday to Friday shifts.
Great Summer Position
Summer Student (Current Employee), Kingston, ONMay 6, 2014
I've worked with State Farm for the last 4 summers, typical duties include answering phones, taking messages, faxing doxuments, making collection calls, collecting payment, etc. Overall a great experience!
State Farm Insurance
System Load & Support Technician (Former Employee), Aurora OntarioApril 28, 2014
Work environment was pretty good. You often hear the company business strategy.

Co-workers were nice and you can feel that there is always a team spirit in the atmosphere.
The hardest part of the job was to deal with outside vendor.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to complete projects. You will get a sense of job satisfaction.
Great job culture
Insurance Sales Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 4, 2014
Great job culture, co-works are really helpful and will to give useful suggestions.
Fun place
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Milton, ONMarch 2, 2014
Pros: customers
Learned alot and enjoyed helping people. Hardest part was helping people who needed more time to pay their bill.
Great experience and ready to improve more
INSURANCE & FINANCIAL ADVISOR & AGENCY MANAGER (Current Employee), Thornhill, ONFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: organize
Cons: income
great workplace to begin and trained and now ready to improve more.
Insurance was a new field for me but I enjoyed learning and the whole experience.
MARKETING AND COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 24, 2013
Pros: learning
Cons: not too many advancement prospects
The agent at my particular office was very supportive and gave a lot of room to learn.
The co-workers were absolutely fantastic always ready to help when requested. The hardest part of the job was getting acquainted with section of the system that was DOS based.
The most enjoyable part was definitely the team and then getting to know the clients.
excellent working conditions, great pay, fair employer,
Receptionist (Former Employee), Thorold, ONDecember 18, 2013
Pros: fair employer, very nice office, i was respected, rate of pay was acceptable
Cons: trying to calm irate customers and justify why their rates had changed
i worked as a receptionist and enjoyed my daily duties. Some clients were difficult as most complaints involved rates, increases, and dissatisfied with the outcome of their claims.
It was a Mon to Fri job, 9-5 with no overtime ever. My employer was a mild mannered person who was very fair with us and defended us against clients who tried to abuse us – more... in any way.
Unfortunately, i was laid off due to lack of work at the time. – less
A nice company
Insurance Account Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 17, 2013
State Farm is a great company, good balance of job/life.
salary is good.
they have great management structure.
Positive role model.
Office Representative (Former Employee), Bracebridge, ONNovember 28, 2013
Pros: even if you had a bad weekend it was hard not to smile once you walked in the office.
Cons: sitting in the same position for majority of the shift.
The staff and clientele relationship is found throughout every corner of this company. I have never worked somewhere were clients and staff communicate as a family. Clients come into the office as if they are visiting an uncle or an aunt simply dropping by for a friendly chat. My tasks were positioned mostly in the back completing office organization – more... duty's or at the clients claims to obtain photographs. The hardest part of my job was forgetting to smile due to the overall positive attitude from all the clients spreading throughout the office staff. – less
energetic and high pressure
Claim Service Assistant (Former Employee), AuroraNovember 12, 2013
Pros: salary
Cons: location
very energetic, high pressure and great atmosphere, people were very friendly and helpful
Excellent
Insurance Account Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 11, 2013
The most enjoyahle part of the job is Remarkable customer service
Busy days!
Insurance Account Representative/Underwriting (Current Employee), Milton, OntarioOctober 30, 2013
Pros: independant decision making, client satisfaction
Cons: no lunches, no work life balance, environment is not fit for me
My average day at work is constant which I enjoy. I use a lot of energy to process information, service existing clients and gain new business as well. I have learned effective communication skills, multi tasking, prioritizing, problem solving and completing tasks in a timely manner. Management micro manages the team and my co-workers help out but don't – more... seem to share the same drive as myself. I feel the environment is not enough for me to reach my goals and I would like to expand with my knowledge. The hardest past of my job is delivering negative news to clients although I have managed to communicate professionally. The best part of my job is the unknown everyday, I really enjoy new tasks and problems coming to me as I am always eager to solve them! – less
Excellent Position
Receptionist (Current Employee), State Farm InsuranceAugust 13, 2013
My position as a receptionist has provided me with excellent communication skills.
I learned how to deal with complaints from customers while working for State Farm. The job had basic skills that included cleaning, taking calls, payments as well as booking appointments. However I was also required to explain some of the benefits that State Farm has – more... to offer.
Dealing with people has always been my favourite part of any job and I loved being a part of a team. – less
• Around 6 years of experience in Software Development Life Cycle with emphasis on Quality Assurance. • Experience in System Specification Analysis, T
QA Tester (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 1, 2013
• Involved in Development and Execution of Test Plans, Test Cases & Test Scripts by reviewing the business requirements document, and technical specifications document.
• Documented Test cases corresponding to business rules and other operating conditions.
• Prepare status summary reports with details of executed, passed and failed test cases.
• Reported – more... the bugs, Email notifications to the developers using the Quality Center.
• Monitored status using Quality Center to close the bugs/cases as and when fixed.
• Analyzed all the bugs in the Quality Center reported by the users during the UAT.
• Performed Integration Testing, Functionality testing, System Testing, Regression Testing.
• Developed Test scripts and enhanced scripts using QTP.
• Involved in the functional testing of web pages using QTP.
• Prepare Automation Scenarios and Test cases.
• Participated in User Acceptance Test (UAT), Documented procedures and guiding the users in verifying various transactions on the System.
• Responsible in providing regular test reports to the management.
• Made extensive use of MS Office tools to create and maintain documents such as test plans, test execution and test results documents.
• Tested the backend database using SQL queries.
• Worked with Unix Shell Scripts extensively.
• Worked on the build management and Release management for the product release. – less
QA Tester (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 10, 2013
• Developed Test scripts and enhanced scripts using QTP.
• Involved in the functional testing of web pages using QTP.
• Prepare Automation Scenarios and Test cases.
• Responsible in providing regular test reports to the management.
• Tested the backend database using SQL queries.
• Worked with Unix Shell Scripts extensively.
Very organized and enjoyable job.
Part Time Receptionist (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJune 26, 2013
Extremely busy and fast paced environment. Im a very organized individual so I enjoyed keeping things clean and organized in the office and making sure customers were taken care of.
Great place to work at, everyone is very nice.
Warehouse (Current Employee), Pickering, ONJune 10, 2013
Pros: awesome staff
Cons: not enough personnel
Great place to work at, everyone is very nice, it is with agency, so no benefits.

1 2 3 4 5

About State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company® is the largest auto insurer in the U.S. since 1942. About one of every five – Read more

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Photos