State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

2.5K reviews

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent training and management.
Claims Processor (Current Employee), Burlington, ONMay 21, 2015
Pros: Relaxed work environment, good training. Good bonuses.
Cons: Benefits could be a bit better.
Excellent company to work for. Thorough training, friendly management and up-beat staff make for an excellent work environment.
A good place to work, good people and helpful managers
Analysis and Reporting Assistant (Current Employee), Aurora, ONMay 15, 2015
Pros: Good vacation and benefits
Cons: No growth opportunities currently.
A good organization that keeps its employees in mind. Recent acquisition by another company and therefore a change in culture in forthcoming.
great company, work/life balance
technician (Current Employee), aurora, onApril 27, 2015
Great company overall, transition to new company causing some stresses.

Certain areas in the company offer flexible shifts to accommodate home life.

Too many leadership layers, slow to move processes along

Great people at this company
good and bed part in job but still it is good compare to other field
Insurance Advisor (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 16, 2015
Pros: good working hrs
Cons: Saturday working
It is good professional environment. Some day are excellent. I learned a lot regarding product, regarding discipline and sincerity.
It is very good experience with co workers.
hardest part of job is to satisfying customer for product comparison and rate comparison with other company.
Most enjoyable part is talking to different kinds of people.
A great starter job but no room for advancement
Insurance Account Representative/Agent (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 10, 2015
This job was a great start after I graduated university, unfortunately it falls flat in advancement.

All I can do is sell more, sell more and sell more.

It was a great learning experience collaborating with underwriters and adjusters to meet clients needs.

My colleagues and boss were understanding when I was sick and had to attend to an family emergencies.

I loved building relationships with clients and having those people ask for me. It felt great that I was doing a good job and they appreciated my service.

There were times when clients could be difficult but I learned skills that were helpful in calming them down when they were frustrated. Insurance isn't an easy business but there is reward when you help a client.

I had hoped for more structure in the office, it was very disorganized at times.
Comfortable work place with friendly co workers
Virtual Call Center Agent Home Based (Former Employee), CAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: state farm - i work in our house super convenient and comfortable
Cons: not that good compensation
It has been a challenging work for me in State Farm. I developed patience during phone calls because some clients will say bad words over the phone and I even get insulted with some customers. But these doesn't stop me from the job because I took it as a challenge. The more I get "nos the closer I get yes." I did enjoy my job because I got many clients and I really enjoy communicating and dealing with them.
Awesome work envoirnment.
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 25, 2015
The project involved revamping Agency Contract management system into new RDBMS. It combined various details about individual Agency into one easy application. Project captured all the details ranging from Name, address, phone and Fax number, e-mail address while linking it to Databases storing Agency Production and Profitability details. Responsibilities included:

• Performed Gap analysis, conducted walk through and acted as liaison between the Business users, Stakeholders and the development team to perform requirements gathering.
• Gathered business requirements through sessions and analysis by interviewing users and SME.
• Analyzed Business/system requirements using requirements arbitrage and assign appropriate priorities.
• Effectively managed requirement change requests during various phases of project life cycle.
• Ensured all requirements, enhancements have been met.
• Managed change and enhancement request. Got system approvals by conducting UAT sessions.
Great place work. Good potential for advancement and professional development.Management & company support in many L&D programs
Property Damage Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Aurora, OntarioJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: benefits, perks, rewards. overall great company to work
Cons: mostly full-time positions only
Great place work. Good potential for advancement and professional development.Management & company support in L&D programs, mentorship, etc.
Amazing place to work
Ontario Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Aurora, ONJanuary 13, 2015
A great place to work, provided me with a wonderful and dynamic learning experience.
heavy work load but great team
Account Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 11, 2014
My manager has excellent management skill overall and we have a great team work culture in place. They do provide you a full training section and 1 month in house training while you are performing your job. It makes you feel you have a team back you up. However, the workload is just way too much to handle and low pay. It is a great opportunity to learn and start your career.
Good
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJune 24, 2014
solid work place with good coworkers, rewarding helping people become financial better off
Great place to work for new graduate.
Special Investigations Field Claim Representative (Current Employee), Aurora, OnMay 17, 2014
Great opportunity for new graduate. Growth opportunities.
State Farm
Administration Assistant (Current Employee), TorontoMay 6, 2014
Pros: great job
Cons: laid off
Great work atmosphere. Great staff and a great place to grow. Monday to Friday shifts.
Great Summer Position
Summer Student (Current Employee), Kingston, ONMay 6, 2014
I've worked with State Farm for the last 4 summers, typical duties include answering phones, taking messages, faxing doxuments, making collection calls, collecting payment, etc. Overall a great experience!
State Farm Insurance
System Load & Support Technician (Former Employee), Aurora OntarioApril 28, 2014
Work environment was pretty good. You often hear the company business strategy.

Co-workers were nice and you can feel that there is always a team spirit in the atmosphere.
The hardest part of the job was to deal with outside vendor.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to complete projects. You will get a sense of job satisfaction.
Great job culture
Insurance Sales Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 4, 2014
Great job culture, co-works are really helpful and will to give useful suggestions.
Fun place
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Milton, ONMarch 2, 2014
Pros: customers
Learned alot and enjoyed helping people. Hardest part was helping people who needed more time to pay their bill.
Great experience and ready to improve more
INSURANCE & FINANCIAL ADVISOR & AGENCY MANAGER (Current Employee), Thornhill, ONFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: organize
Cons: income
great workplace to begin and trained and now ready to improve more.
Insurance was a new field for me but I enjoyed learning and the whole experience.
MARKETING AND COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 24, 2013
Pros: learning
Cons: not too many advancement prospects
The agent at my particular office was very supportive and gave a lot of room to learn.
The co-workers were absolutely fantastic always ready to help when requested. The hardest part of the job was getting acquainted with section of the system that was DOS based.
The most enjoyable part was definitely the team and then getting to know the clients.
excellent working conditions, great pay, fair employer,
Receptionist (Former Employee), Thorold, ONDecember 18, 2013
Pros: fair employer, very nice office, i was respected, rate of pay was acceptable
Cons: trying to calm irate customers and justify why their rates had changed
i worked as a receptionist and enjoyed my daily duties. Some clients were difficult as most complaints involved rates, increases, and dissatisfied with the outcome of their claims.
It was a Mon to Fri job, 9-5 with no overtime ever. My employer was a mild mannered person who was very fair with us and defended us against clients who tried to abuse us in any way.
Unfortunately, i was laid off due to lack of work at the time.
Headquarters