Starwood Hotels

Starwood Hotels Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great team
Sa (Former Employee), Miami, FLOctober 23, 2013
The most enjoyable working experience thus far for me. I learned a lot about hospitality
I,m ready to work hard at under pressure
Commis Chef (Former Employee), Dubai, DUOctober 8, 2013
hi..
my typical working shift is 12 to 12 for me i like to work in a kitchen it's my favorite thing to do in my life
now i would like to take challengers and i like to work as a team
i'm trying to get a job from UK because i wanna study and learn more food quility and more knowledge
Fast paced
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZOctober 6, 2013
Cons: distance
Unless you have worked at a hotel before, it is very difficult to advance in the company. Managers are hardly ever there to manage their team and only listen to "hear say".
Great Place to work
Data Entry/Customer Service (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 5, 2013
Fun, great benefits, great co-workers, hardest part not to ask for autographs when you meet celebs.
TBD
Associate Director, Sales Strategy & Operations (Current Employee), Stamford, CTSeptember 23, 2013
Lack of IT and proper data make easy tasks overly time consuming.
Lack of communication, inept and condescending managers
Front Desk/PBX Operator at the Sheraton (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UtahSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: employee discount at the in-house starbucks, other front desk associates were easy to get along with.
Cons: bad managers, no flexibility in schedule, awful free lunch, no communication, no proper training, felt unsafe using employee entrance behind the building
Let me start out that the first day of work, you won't be prepared. It takes forever to receive all of the tools you need for being a front desk agent such as a proper uniform, bank, and software accounts you need to actually check people in. Also, the training system there is poor and they hardly teach you anything at the beginning because they only – more... pay attention to those that have been there for years.

I was hired for $10.00 an hour for Front Desk and the front office manager decided it to cross train me in PBX Operations. He did not bother to even tell me there would be a change in the rate of pay I was getting when I was on PBX shifts which was $9.25 and almost exclusively had me on PBX when I was not hired on at that position.

If you become sick at work THEY WILL NOT send you home and do not give you your 90 orientation period interview or benefits unless you ask for it a thousand times and hope that they will get around to it.

The current Front Office Manager cannot do his job whatsoever, as it takes an unnecessary amount of time to communicate back. The assistant front office manager didn't even bother to train new-hires and was very condescending when it came to dealing with matters concerning employees or the front desk.

Honestly felt bad for the guests checking into this hotel because it's not 4 star quality like it says it is online. Only stayed there for four months and that was enough. – less
Fast paced
Senior Accounting Associate, Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 12, 2013
friendly atmosphere. team building and network opportunities. great co workers
Very productive
Sales Assistant/Accommodation Agent (Former Employee), Cork, CSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: discounted staf rates in participating hotels
Gained telephone manner and customer service experience. Lerned how to work under stress and pressure/achieving targets and deadlines.
Better than average Job
Banquet Cook (Former Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: decent pay and benefits
Cons: management lacked people skills
Decent pay and benefits. Management lacked diplomatic skills.
Great work place
Vacation Planning counselor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: free lunches, cheap movie tickets, discounted hotel rates
Busy call center. Laid back environment. Great benefits awesome incentives and perks.
working environment is good and helpful staff
bakery &pastry (Current Employee), Chennai, TNAugust 30, 2013
Pros: free lunch and medical
learn team work ,working under pressure,9 hours job ,good managment yearly appraisal,good staff ,friendly and co operative staff
productive and fun place to work with opportunities to grow
Marketing Adm. Asst., VP Westin Brand Marketing (Former Employee), White Plains, NYAugust 30, 2013
Pros: free parking
Fast pace environment
I learned Marketing tools and tecniques within the hospitality industry
co workers were team-players and able to support each others
the most enjoyable part of the job was everything!
Quite work area. nice people
Acct Receivable/Payables (Former Employee), San Antonio, TexasAugust 27, 2013
Cons: better comunication between everyone
I would have loved to stay with Starwood but the communication between departments and holding people accountable needs more work.
Great Place to Work
Reservation Sales Agent (Current Employee), Austin, TXAugust 18, 2013
Good place to work. Job Security though is something you have to fight for more than you think and not so easy to advance in the work place.
Wonderful people to work with
Executive Assistant, President, NA (Former Employee), Stamford, CTAugust 16, 2013
Great work atmosphere. Kind and respectful employees. Would still be there if the company did not move from NY to CT. Commute was just too long.
Positive work culture and sense of community
Manager, OS&E New Builds & Transitions (Former Employee), Stamford, CTAugust 13, 2013
During my tenure at Starwood hotels, i gained tremendous insight and knowledge which prepared not only my crude skills e.g. MS programs, but also my social networking abilities across the globe.
There was always a sense of belonging, being heard and making a difference. I was well respected by my peers and was able to contibute ideas which were later – more... materialized and instituted on the corporate platform. Starwood compensates and promotes their employees like no other company with performance based yearly bonuses, stock options and excellent hotel rates around the world.

My favorite part of working at Starwood was my involvement in community outreach programs such as Starwood employee relief fund and Starwood Cares community board. Making a difference in our local communities and helping those in need around the world. – less
Good place to work if you are a pet
Engineering supervisor (Former Employee), Scottsdale AZAugust 11, 2013
Pros: line level people are nice
Cons: poor manager, all he did was smoke all day, ride segway
Worked for this Co 12 years , Ended up leaving for a competitor .Best move i ever made, All Starwood cares about is there stock prices. You can work very hard but if they dont like you ,you can do nothing right
Great Company
Document Processor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 10, 2013
A typical day is consisted of working in a very fast paced environment with a lot of attention to detail with no errors.

I would have to say the most enjoyable part of my jobs is that it is always a challenge when it comes to sales and it is never the same.

The hardest part of my job i would have to say nothing I love it all.
Behind on technology
Consultant (Current Employee), Stamford, CTAugust 7, 2013
Cons: pay is not competitive, management is not accountable for their actions, lack communicate
Not an innovative company, low salaries, long interviewing process, etc.
Sales Manager, Catering / Multi-Property Seller (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 7, 2013
Starwood Metro Market Sales team concept has not been executed properly at this time. They still have a lot of work to do with the MM. The overall company is great if you are outside the MM.

About Starwood Hotels

Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide knows how to shine a light on hospitality. One of the world's largest hotel companies, it – Read more

Starwood Hotels Photos