Starwood Hotels

Starwood Hotels Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Not a good place to work
Customer service (Former Employee), Orlando FloridaSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: beautiful resort
Cons: pay
Underpay. Management don't give the employee a chance. They believe everything the supervisor says. The supervisor need to be trained on how to treat their employees. Some employees work harder for the same pay than other. Supervisors have their favorite picks. You can't take vacations when you want. No place to advance.
not really concerned about the employees
Officer (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 4, 2014
regardless of what unforeseen incident occurs, they only wanted you to cater to them regardless of how serious of an episode occurs in your life.
Busy work enviroment with fun people from all over the world
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Rancho Mirage, CASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: great benifits
Cons: a lot of grounds to cover
Checking in guests, overseeing housekeeping and upkeep of the property, as well as all operations.
I really enjoyed all my staff and managers. Hospitality people are fun to work with. I enjoyed our guest and the fact I got to meet people that traveled here from all over the world.
The hardest part of this position was the vast amount of grounds I had – more... to cover. I worked as the second shift manager so It was just me most of the time. – less
Management is Unfriendly
Front Office- Sheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: staff lunch, paid time off after 6 months
Cons: breaks required by law are not give, management is sneaky, no rotating holidays off, senority is the only way to "advance".
The management is never there to personally assist you. They are simply there to forward their careers.
productive and fun place to work
Banquet Chef (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 30, 2014
A typical day at work, we work as a team, relaxed and
making sure all work comes out on time for the parties.
Corruption and Unmoral Acts at the Starwood Customer Contact Centers
Anonymous (Former Employee), Call CentersAugust 28, 2014
Pros: working form home
Cons: unethical, unmoral, stay away, get real job with security
Senior Supervisors would fix the books so they could look good in front of upper management and make their numbers when in fact they were not. Senior Supervisors would encourage Supervisors to fix their numbers as well in order to get higher bonus payouts. This resulted in certain teams and people getting higher bonus payout rather then teams lead by – more... people who would not fix thier books. This was unfair to the associates and supervisors.
People getting fired for trying to do the right thing. Friends of upper management are allowed to do unmoral and unethical acts with senior management, choosing to turn a blind eye.

I personally witnessed this numerous times. I left when it was clear this was totally supported by the company.

Company choosing to invest in China, India, and Dubai rather then America.

Company is totally numbers focused and has some of the highest turnover out of any company I have ever seen . Culture is horrible, unless you work from home. Out of 500+ employees only 10-15 people have stayed longer then 10 years that says a lot about this company and what they think of their employees. Stay away from , this place, life is too short, go work somewhere where you are cared for, you get to spend time with your family and a job where you are able to support your family rather then wasting your time and life for a corporation that cares nothing about its employees, its customers, or American culture. – less
food and beverage
f&b outlet manager (Current Employee), Dubai, DUAugust 27, 2014
food and beverage ,promotion,forecasting budgeting for yearly

most enjoyable part is financial and accounting
N/A
Finance & Accounting (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZAugust 22, 2014
The culture of the company has changed over the years. The field is great to work with and has a wealth of knowledge. However, the corporate side does not provide for advancement and opportunity internally.
Great Company to work for
Clerical Associate/ Sales Representative (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAAugust 15, 2014
Pros: employees benefits, free lunch, discounts for hotels and resorts all over the world
Cons: stressful job!!
Over all this company is a great company to work for. Pleasant atmosphere with co workers and managers, although the job is very stressful there are great easy days. Great benefits plan, I enjoyed the hotel's visit and the free lunches!!
Fun place to work
Platinum Concierge/Corporate Customer Service (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAAugust 15, 2014
My day started with sending out emails to guest to make sure that their reservations, business trips or vacations were going as planned and if there was anything else I could help with. I learned alot about corporate customer service at Starwood. The management and co-workers were great. Starwood also allow the employees to enjoy staying at different – more... hotels around the world at a discounted rate. I took advantage of that whenever I could . I have to say, the most enjoyable part of my job was the satisfaction I got from hearing a guest tell me, 'thank you..You were great' – less
Hard Work for Low Wages
Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee), Fall River MAAugust 9, 2014
Pros: excellent rates on great hotels
Cons: low wages
Inbound call center hotel reservations great job dealing with hotels and customers. Handle rewards customers and work with travel agents as well as corporate customers as well.
Militant and Slave Driving
Project Coordinator/Contract Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 6, 2014
Cons: no recognition, overworked, work/life balance, red-tape
Starwood Vacation Ownership is one of the most ridiculous companies I have ever worked for. The amount of 'red-tape' it takes to get ANYTHING done in this place is enough to drive a saint insane. The work/life balance is a JOKE because it doesn't exist. The workload I have is enough for at least 3 more people and yet they demand immediate results. They – more... thrive on telling you what you did wrong, rather than the 1,000 tasks you got right. Management is not open to feedback and if you give it they will let you know that 'they don't have time for this'. A typical work day for me is sitting down at 8 am and immediately starting on the 1,000's of tasks I have to do, working through my lunch, leaving after 6:30 pm everyday and still being told that I need to do more. By the way, I am no executive, just a lowly Project Coordinator so my compensation comes nowhere near the amount of work I put into this job. If you reading this because you are thinking of a job at Starwood...DON'T DO IT. – less
Friendlly and fun
Administrative Assistant/Payroll Liaison (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 6, 2014
It ws great working at Starwood Vacation ownership. Would recommend it to anyone. Nice and friendly staff
Too bad it is mismanaged
Operations (Former Employee), Guanacaste, Costa RicaAugust 1, 2014
Pros: hosting service.
Cons: no growth opportunities, working hours are attempted exhaustive
It is a very prestigious company. But reality is not preaching in your website.
A company that value their employees and consultants.
Consultant (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 30, 2014
Pros: great environment with fair systems and procedures.
Cons: no vacation time as consultant
A typical day at work involves heavy interaction with several stakeholders in the organization and conducting several brainstorming sessions and nailing requirements for proposed changes to the core systems that run the business.
While working here I learned how the contribution of every team member matters in the overall success of a project.

The – more... hardest part of the job is dealing with individuals who do not see the value of team effort and dealing with skeptics in the work place who do not understand how their work affects the balance sheet of the enterprise. – less
nothing
Demi Chef De Partie (Current Employee), bahrainJuly 21, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: yes
per day 9 hours working.
i learn some arabic food and arabic language, and food presentations.
management very supporting and friendly.
my work partners all nce carector and hard workers
GREAT PLACE TO WORK, CALM ENVIROMENT
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Dania, FLJuly 21, 2014
Pros: meeting people, stability and fun
Cons: low income
If you are looking for a job that concerns service and love for people this is it
Pay
Vacation Planning Counselor (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 18, 2014
Better compensation for bilingual employees. Benefits are good except compensation.
Understaffed
Bartender (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOJuly 8, 2014
Pros: benifits good pay
Cons: management
When a restaurant is understaffed and you have to do 3 jobs everyday you get burnt out
starwood review 2
F&B Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 7, 2014
great place to work. I learned alot and I continue to learn each day

About Starwood Hotels

Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide knows how to shine a light on hospitality. One of the world's largest hotel companies, – Read more

Starwood Hotels Photos