Starwood Hotels

Starwood Hotels Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Opportunity to grow
Reservations Specialist (Current Employee), Austin, TXJune 24, 2014
Lots of wonderful people. Management is easy to get along with
Fast paced
Telemarketing Representative (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAJune 23, 2014
Starwood employment allowed me to reach out to many people so they could fulfill their family vacations and just get away times.
In a galaxy far, far away...
Manager (Current Employee), FloridaJune 22, 2014
Pros: most of the people i work with in my area
Cons: sexism, bring in new managers at higher wages, don't let you take vacations, always short staffed..i could go on.
I work for the SVO division of Starwood. We were purchased by Starwood several years ago and a lot has changed. Let's just say it's not good.
International culture
Sales & Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Abu Dhabi,June 12, 2014
Interesting experience which allow me to get to know different cultures and gain interpersonal skills and experience.
I loved it
Administrative Analyst (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAJune 9, 2014
Pros: free lunches, starpoints, and discounted vacations
Cons: the center closed
Starwood is an amazing company. They have wonderful incentives for there employees.
Fun workplace
Accounts Clerk (Current Employee), Knightsbridge, ENGJune 6, 2014
Pros: free lunch
A typical day at work as Accounts Receivable;

I start my day by responding to all the emails and make sure they are fully investigated.
A part of my job is to apply the payments to all the transactions which i have reconciled is previous days.
This job is all about multitasking, while you are doing your for example,credit card reconciliation, you will – more... receive phone calls and various of emails but you have to prioritize your tasks and finished them as efficient as possible.
I have also help my manager in my free time with so many balance sheets/journals for the month end, raising inter company invoices, reconciling the out standing amounts on different accounts and chase them for payments.
Another interesting part of my job is to sending all the invoices to individuals/companies either by post or email and keep track of their payments.

In this role i have learned so much about Credit Control and had so many training about it and comfortable to answer all my colleagues's questions when they have an issue.
The most enjoyable part of my job is to make the costumer happy on the line/email.

overall, i am enjoying all the aspect of Credit Control role and more than happy to always help/train my co-workers and my manager. – less
Productive and fun work environment
Platinum-Lite Associate/Corporate Customer Service (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 3, 2014
I love Starwood Hotels and Resorts. Working with them has been a very wonderful experience. I have learned a lot from Starwood.
Fast Paced
Catering & Event Coordinator (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 3, 2014
Fast paced but you will learn many things about sales, hospitality and creating exceptional events.
Productive and fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Wichita, KSJune 3, 2014
A typical day at work is fast-paced and fun. I don't think I've had a bad day. It's the perfect place for growth and opportunity. Management is consistent and timely with requests. My co-workers are friendly and we all have the same agenda - work. The hardest part of the job to me is handling my talk time. The most enjoyable part of the job is being – more... there. – less
I enjoyed working here
PART-TIME FRONT DESK AGENT/CONCIERGE (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 1, 2014
Starwood Hotels is a great company to work with. They have plenty of opportunities to grow for the right person looking to work.
Hotel & Tourism
Cost Controller (Former Employee), Cairo, GAMay 29, 2014
Starwood Hotel is a conglomerate of nine hotel chains that are known worldwide.
wonderful place to work
Vacation Planner (Former Employee), San Bernardino CAMay 28, 2014
it was competitive, receive bonuses, managers were very friendly and helpful
great place
Owner marketing Vacation Planner (Former Employee), san bernardinoMay 21, 2014
it was a great company to wook for and i really wish they could have keept the call center open
Starwood
General Sales Associate (Former Employee), antelope valleyMay 13, 2014
I love a fast paste environment so this was a perfect job for me, my associates we also amazing nothing to say bad about this company.
Some pros, some cons
Sales (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 12, 2014
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: management, compensation
Starwood is a great brand with exceptional individual hotel brands.
Unfortunately, my experience with the company was merely mediocre due to many issues I'd rather not discuss.
Great work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Austin, TXMay 5, 2014
The obligations of the job did not amount to the pay that was desired. In addition, the hours available to employees were not acceptable nor fair. However, the people at the job itself is what begins the enjoyment and the available incentives.
Global Lifestyle Hotel Brands
Learning & Organizational Development (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 5, 2014
Fantastic global company with 9 amazing brands that focus on building internal culture as much as branded experiences for guests
New chellenges
ASSISTANT OUTLET MANAGER (Current Employee), Dubai, DUMay 4, 2014
I would cherish a demanding position that makes effective use of my background and provides good career growth, personality development where performance is rewarded with new responsibilities, and where teamwork is the accepted norm, putting in the best to the maximum benefit of organization.
ok
Sales/Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), AUSTIN,TXApril 29, 2014
It was cool.
Is not ran like fortune 500 company should be ran.
They do give you great discounts, but that is it.
Bad working environment; great people to work with
Member Services Associate (SPG) (Call Center ) (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAApril 26, 2014
Pros: loved the job, .and loved working from home.
Cons: lunch breaks were to short.
You always had to scramble around for a desk to work from; the place was small, and you never sat in the same place everyday. The air conditioner was kept up so high that you always had to work in your coat, that was very uncomfortable. But I learned to cope, how to handle angry callers, manage my time, solve problems and get customer accounts in order. – more... some days were great some not so great.

Management was okay, a little disorganized but overall they were okay. I enjoyed some of the coworkers, especially the ones who were always willing to help if you ran into a problem during the course of the day. The hardest part of the job was making your quota for the day. The most enjoyable part were the people who worked there. – less

About Starwood Hotels

Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide knows how to shine a light on hospitality. One of the world's largest hotel companies, – Read more

Starwood Hotels Photos