Starwood Hotels Employee Reviews

Love the Responsibility and the people
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 February 2013
A typical day at work would be different from shift to shift.
When I am opening Shift I am responsible to assign all Rooms to be cleaned for that day to our Room attendant , print/run reports, hold pre-shift meeting, communicate important messages from front Desk to Room Attendant, answer the phone in the office.
My Day shift would start with running VIP reports, inspecting Rooms for cleanliness and defects and reporting those, follow up with Guests and if needed follow up with Room attendants , disciplinary conversations and paperwork, ensuring Rooms in my assigned area are cleaned. For the closing shift i will have to assign Rooms to Room attendants, Guest follow up, ensuring all rooms needed will be cleaned, ensuring Public Area is clean, run all reports from the day, answering the phone and holding pre - shift meeting.
The most important part I have learned during my job is to listen to other people so I be able to understand them and their situation better. I have gained more confidence speaking in front of people.
My Coworkers are from all over the world, which makes this job so special. People from all different cultures becoming one big team/family.
The hardest part of my job I would not know what its is, because I love what I do in any aspect.
Pros
getting my birthday off and paid for it.
High performance work place with good work/life balance
Director Global E-Customer Care (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON21 December 2012
Performance-oriented, constant improvement, metrics-based organization that values relationships and work/life balance.
Downhill spiral continues, sad to see
mid management (Former Employee) –  Canada9 December 2012
Starwood has always taught their employees to " Do the right thing" Unfortunately they do not practice this themselves. They can treat employees unfairly, especially those that are long term. They either fire them or the employees ends up quitting. The hotel reviews on Trip Advisor is a tell all as to how the hotel suufers when they have some incompetent management at the helm. Too bad their bosses don't see this and investigate or maybe they do and just don't care.
Pros
travel benefits/discounts
Cons
everything but the above
Terrible management, no compassion for employees
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St.thomas, Ontario3 October 2012
Calls all day long, no break between....if you don't hit your quota in three months your are fired.... They don't help you. The quota is very high. Certain percentage of your calls have to be turned into sales DAILY!!! Very difficult, a lot of little games and no one listens to the employees. Yearly survey for the entire centre... St.thomas never does well but the people stay because its a job and they feel intimidated.
Pros
can't think if any
Cons
working there.... just don't do it!
Good place to work, just not for me
Reservations and Member Services (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON13 September 2012
I enjoyed working here, although it is a high pressure job. Great if you are strong in sales. Not great if you want a flexible schedule.
Pros
free food, benefits at part time hours, lots of company contests and incentives.
Cons
high pressure, mandatory overtime, inflexible scheduling.
Great fun place to work
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON8 July 2012
get to work with multipul people daily, and show my leadership skills
Pros
benifits, advancment