Starwood Hotels

Starwood Hotels Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Militant and Slave Driving
Project Coordinator/Contract Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 6, 2014
Cons: no recognition, overworked, work/life balance, red-tape
Starwood Vacation Ownership is one of the most ridiculous companies I have ever worked for. The amount of 'red-tape' it takes to get ANYTHING done in this place is enough to drive a saint insane. The work/life balance is a JOKE because it doesn't exist. The workload I have is enough for at least 3 more people and yet they demand immediate results. They – more... thrive on telling you what you did wrong, rather than the 1,000 tasks you got right. Management is not open to feedback and if you give it they will let you know that 'they don't have time for this'. A typical work day for me is sitting down at 8 am and immediately starting on the 1,000's of tasks I have to do, working through my lunch, leaving after 6:30 pm everyday and still being told that I need to do more. By the way, I am no executive, just a lowly Project Coordinator so my compensation comes nowhere near the amount of work I put into this job. If you reading this because you are thinking of a job at Starwood...DON'T DO IT. – less
Friendlly and fun
Administrative Assistant/Payroll Liaison (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 6, 2014
It ws great working at Starwood Vacation ownership. Would recommend it to anyone. Nice and friendly staff
Too bad it is mismanaged
Operations (Former Employee), Guanacaste, Costa RicaAugust 1, 2014
Pros: hosting service.
Cons: no growth opportunities, working hours are attempted exhaustive
It is a very prestigious company. But reality is not preaching in your website.
A company that value their employees and consultants.
Consultant (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 30, 2014
Pros: great environment with fair systems and procedures.
Cons: no vacation time as consultant
A typical day at work involves heavy interaction with several stakeholders in the organization and conducting several brainstorming sessions and nailing requirements for proposed changes to the core systems that run the business.
While working here I learned how the contribution of every team member matters in the overall success of a project.

The – more... hardest part of the job is dealing with individuals who do not see the value of team effort and dealing with skeptics in the work place who do not understand how their work affects the balance sheet of the enterprise. – less
nothing
Demi Chef De Partie (Current Employee), bahrainJuly 21, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: yes
per day 9 hours working.
i learn some arabic food and arabic language, and food presentations.
management very supporting and friendly.
my work partners all nce carector and hard workers
GREAT PLACE TO WORK, CALM ENVIROMENT
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Dania, FLJuly 21, 2014
Pros: meeting people, stability and fun
Cons: low income
If you are looking for a job that concerns service and love for people this is it
Pay
Vacation Planning Counselor (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 18, 2014
Better compensation for bilingual employees. Benefits are good except compensation.
Understaffed
Bartender (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOJuly 8, 2014
Pros: benifits good pay
Cons: management
When a restaurant is understaffed and you have to do 3 jobs everyday you get burnt out
starwood review 2
F&B Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 7, 2014
great place to work. I learned alot and I continue to learn each day
One of the best jobs i've ever had
Restaurant and Banquet Server (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 3, 2014
Pros: fun work atmosphere
Cons: working long days in the sun
- opening side work, walk the pool & spa respective areas to ensure everything was in place.
- high-end customer service
- some of the best managers I've worked with
- Team atmosphere
- Working in the sun
- Being outside
Lively, culturaly diverse environment.
Whenever Manager (Current Employee), W MinneapolisJuly 2, 2014
Pros: opportunity to advance
Cons: cant think of any
Working for Starwood hotels and resorts has afford me plenty of opportunities for growth and development. As a global brand it is very diverse and very modern.
Fast-pace call center
Hotel Reservationist (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: bonus points to use for myself and my family
Cons: the loss of the bonus points once the recession hit
I was responsible for making hotel reservations and providing efficient customer service. I learned many aspects of the hotel business in different locations across the world which were covered under the Starwood company. Management was fair and impartial to many of their employees. Many of my fellow co-workers were willing to help one another. The – more... most difficult part came when the job recession started making the business for Starwood slower than usual. The most enjoyable part of my job was supplying customers with great deals for their future vacation and job related travels. – less
Fast paced work environment
Customer service representative (Current Employee), Wichita, KSJune 24, 2014
Answering phones and assisting guest with hotel reservations.
Opportunity to grow
Reservations Specialist (Current Employee), Austin, TXJune 24, 2014
Lots of wonderful people. Management is easy to get along with
Fast paced
Telemarketing Representative (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAJune 23, 2014
Starwood employment allowed me to reach out to many people so they could fulfill their family vacations and just get away times.
In a galaxy far, far away...
Manager (Current Employee), FloridaJune 22, 2014
Pros: most of the people i work with in my area
Cons: sexism, bring in new managers at higher wages, don't let you take vacations, always short staffed..i could go on.
I work for the SVO division of Starwood. We were purchased by Starwood several years ago and a lot has changed. Let's just say it's not good.
International culture
Sales & Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Abu Dhabi,June 12, 2014
Interesting experience which allow me to get to know different cultures and gain interpersonal skills and experience.
I loved it
Administrative Analyst (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAJune 9, 2014
Pros: free lunches, starpoints, and discounted vacations
Cons: the center closed
Starwood is an amazing company. They have wonderful incentives for there employees.
Fun workplace
Accounts Clerk (Current Employee), Knightsbridge, ENGJune 6, 2014
Pros: free lunch
A typical day at work as Accounts Receivable;

I start my day by responding to all the emails and make sure they are fully investigated.
A part of my job is to apply the payments to all the transactions which i have reconciled is previous days.
This job is all about multitasking, while you are doing your for example,credit card reconciliation, you will – more... receive phone calls and various of emails but you have to prioritize your tasks and finished them as efficient as possible.
I have also help my manager in my free time with so many balance sheets/journals for the month end, raising inter company invoices, reconciling the out standing amounts on different accounts and chase them for payments.
Another interesting part of my job is to sending all the invoices to individuals/companies either by post or email and keep track of their payments.

In this role i have learned so much about Credit Control and had so many training about it and comfortable to answer all my colleagues's questions when they have an issue.
The most enjoyable part of my job is to make the costumer happy on the line/email.

overall, i am enjoying all the aspect of Credit Control role and more than happy to always help/train my co-workers and my manager. – less
Productive and fun work environment
Platinum-Lite Associate/Corporate Customer Service (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 3, 2014
I love Starwood Hotels and Resorts. Working with them has been a very wonderful experience. I have learned a lot from Starwood.

About Starwood Hotels

Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide knows how to shine a light on hospitality. One of the world's largest hotel companies, – Read more

Starwood Hotels Photos