Starwood Hotels

Starwood Hotels Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast Growing Company
Director (Current Employee), Stamford CTOctober 22, 2014
Pros: innovative
Cons: very little process and a lot of politics
There has been a lot of turnover on management in recent years. The company is growing very fast so it has a lot of growing pains.
Lots of fun people
Stylist, Houseman, and Public Area Attendant (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNOctober 20, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: working in a hotel means no saturday sunday off
Good place to work at, nothing bad about it. Just working in a hotel usually means no Saturday Sunday off. People are friendly and really care about guest and fellow coworkers as well. Management listen to you and want to know how to improve your experience.
Fun place to work at booking hotels worldwide.
Reservations Sales Agent (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: great discounted stays at starwood hotel properties.
Cons: short breaks
Worked in a call center environment, took about 200-300 calls a day. Booked hotel reservations worldwide. Sales in upgrading in rooms and amenities. I learned about upselling product, locations of our hotels. I made life long friends with my co-workers, we all worked towards the same goal which was to be driven within the company and succeed our monthly – more... goals. The most challenging part of the job was selling. The most enjoyable part of the job was the amenities employees received such as staying in the starwood hotel properties for a very good discounted rate. – less
Fun workplace helping people and great co-workers
Complex Group Coordinator (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOOctober 14, 2014
Pros: job is monday-friday with weekends off
Cons: we have to pay for parking
When I arrive I check all phone messages and input any rooming lists for group reservations. My team at work is wonderful, we always help each other. I also have a great manager that really cares about our advancement.

The hardest part of my job is watching other departments go short handed on staff and the most enjoyable part is having weekends off.
Excellent atmosphere to work in.
Reservations Coordinator (Former Employee), Austin, TXOctober 10, 2014
Pros: great break room
Cons: nothing really
Very laid back, but consistently busy. Friendly co-workers, and very supportive supervisors.
Lots and lots of coffee
Barista and Cashier (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: free lunch in cafeteria, tips, and coworkers.
Cons: management is very demanding, and excessive gossip.
Decent place to work at. Great coworkers and at times great guests. Daily routine consists of heavy breakfast rush and a lot of heavy duty cleaning. Management is very demanding to keep up appearances and neglect to realize the amount of guest traffic. Management is very indecisive, not cohesive and although they claim to want to "work together to solve – more... issues," not much is done about it and must be resolved on your own. – less
Great work environment
Mgr (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAOctober 8, 2014
Loved working at Starwood. They treat the employees with amazing care. Movies, dunk tanks, free lunches etc. They also have excellent hotel room rates for employees worldwide.
really great company to work for
Corporate Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAOctober 4, 2014
Pros: always had free events, raised money for different chairties
Cons: being laid off
I loved it !

there was always advancement . the pay was great . I really loved the training provided I was able to answer any and all questions asked .
I met all typed of people
Global
Complex Food and Beverage Manager (Current Employee), Lexington, MAOctober 2, 2014
CompanyThe following errors occurred:
Please tell us more about working at this company in Your Review.
Job Title cannot be longer than 50 characters.
way behind in technology
Specialist, Property Interfaces (Current Employee), StamfordOctober 1, 2014
Pros: never advance in your career
Cons: job security
The have a lot of legacy systems and home grown application. I work as developer and it's the worse experience in my life so far. The IT management do not even have clue how manage a small app. they are just typical corporate and that is not good for blood pressure.
Strong Customer Service focus. Fun place to work with great people
CUSTOMER CARE (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAOctober 1, 2014
Pros: great benefits, vacation discounts, employee travel.
Cons: not many
I worked for Starwood for 10 years. I would stay with Starwood forever if I could. Unfortunately they left California and I couldn't go with them even though they offered. I will forever have a special place in my heart for that company.
family oriented work enviroment
Customer service Rep (Former Employee), austin txSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: free lunch
love working with friendly people who is willing to help you learn new things and grow within the company.
fun workplace
St. Regis Monarch Beach Server (Current Employee), Dana Point, CASeptember 24, 2014
a great place to work and meet different people from another country,
Helping customers secure an awesome location to stay temporarily.
Luxury Collection Associate (Former Employee), Lancaster, CASeptember 23, 2014
I learned about other parts of the world and better sales techniques.
Starwood is a great company.
Director of Information Technology (Current Employee), Princeville, HISeptember 23, 2014
Starwood is by far one of the best companies I've worked for. There is a lot of opportunity for advancement and their overall vision is incredible.
Friendly place to work
Service Management Analyst (Current Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: discounts at 4 star and up hotels, company celebrations throughout the year. great work environment
Cons: health care, some positions have lack of potential to advance in company.
Typical day would be taking numerous calls through the day or handling tickets escalated to desktop support.

I learned remote desktop, hands on support with printers, laptops, and other hardware.

Management was very lenient. Requested days off were usually accepted and worked around your schedule if something came up.

Every co-worker I have had has – more... been very friendly and easy to get along with. They make it a point to look for friendly personalities in the hiring process to keep a good work environment.

Hardest part of the job would be creating and terminating access as it could be repetitive.

The most enjoyable part was troubleshooting complex PC issues and solving the issue for the user. – less
when it was game time around christmas
owner referrel rep (Former Employee), CASeptember 17, 2014
everyday was fun and exciting to work with all my co-worker. i learn to be humble management was great to work with .the hardest part was leaving the job when the company move . thoe mort enjoyable was talkin to all my guest on the phone.
Creative and Innovative - Company
Director - North India (Current Employee), New Delhi, DLSeptember 11, 2014
Starwood is forward looking company and agility and innovation are the benchmark for business here.
N/A
PLATINUM SALES (Former Employee), Lancaster, CASeptember 10, 2014
• Responsible for quality control in regards to customer experience
• Peer coaching on customer service.
• Platinum top sales performer.
• Servicing preferred customers.
• Experienced in high call volume
• Maintaining upmost professionalism and ensuring customer satisfaction
Not a good place to work
Customer service (Former Employee), Orlando FloridaSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: beautiful resort
Cons: pay
Underpay. Management don't give the employee a chance. They believe everything the supervisor says. The supervisor need to be trained on how to treat their employees. Some employees work harder for the same pay than other. Supervisors have their favorite picks. You can't take vacations when you want. No place to advance.

About Starwood Hotels

Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide knows how to shine a light on hospitality. One of the world's largest hotel companies, – Read more

Starwood Hotels Photos