Starwood Hotels

Starwood Hotels Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Guest Handling – Front Office
Sr.Guest Service Associate (Current Employee), Gurgaon, HRJanuary 6, 2015
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• A performance-driven individual who takes challenges and thrives for responsibility.
• Team player who possesses strong interpersonal skills.
• A keen communicator with an ability to relate with people across all hierarchical levels.
• Flexible and able to adapt to a fast-paced, action-oriented environment while focused on quality and results.
• Sound Knowledge of Opera.
n/a
Customer Service Sales (Former Employee), Lancaster, CADecember 23, 2014
A lot of calls at one time, fast pase fun co-workers, great pay and great customer to talk to.
Fun workplace and fun people with a good management
Complex Talent & Brand Administrator (Current Employee), Dubai, DUDecember 22, 2014
Happy people with good management. Working in this company, in one of a well known five star hotel is really a good experience.
productive, fast paced work environment, management is vey supportive
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Fall River, MADecember 21, 2014
Pros: flexible 40 hr shift
Cons: micro-managed
High pressure sales and customer service. I learned to operate at maximum mental capacity for long periods of time. Management was readily available if i reached a new found situation. Co-workers were seemed discontent and for the most part in a state of constant distress. The hardest part of the job was being micro-managed by a success philosophy that was implemetented by computerized statistical formulas, causing a lack of the human personality in the workplace. I found the the most enjoyable part was having personal success.
Nice company to wrk for
IT MANAGER (Former Employee), Boston, MADecember 9, 2014
This is a community service company that enjoys motivation employees to work with the community and pro the community. Nice environment, even that we had meetings every day, meeting were not boring at all. there was always something fun to do with the management staff members.
An excellent place to work!!!
Vacation Planning Counselor (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 22, 2014
Pros: so many including the gym and oasis room
Cons: for me it was the phone but there really are none
It has been a few years since I have worked here. I was with the Starwood Vacation Ownership Department in 2009 and it was an experience I wish I didn’t have to give up. A typical day was busy but there was always perks, managerial support and encouragement. I was amazed when they did quarterly functions they closed the call center. They truly care for all their employees and the managers are all great. The spirit of hospitality is definitely at Starwood.
The most enjoyable part of my job
Agent (Current Employee), W French QuarterNovember 19, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
The most high light of my day, will be meeting someone new everyday.
Great place to work, great discounts, always kept it fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Austin TxNovember 17, 2014
Pros: plenty of restrooms.. lunch room stocked & huge... covered smoke area (even in rain)
Cons: over priced vending machines, short lunch
I just didnt like the 30 minute lunches and shift bids.. you can work anywhere from 6:30 am to 2:00 am even on holidays.. BUT I guess someone somewhere needs a hotel right? =) I got great discounts worldwide and was even to get my friends and family discounts.. Team Lead? she was amazing, got me the coaching I needed in order to make perfect reservations..
Management Experience
Task Force Manager (Former Employee), All overNovember 13, 2014
Starwood provided opportunities for employees to progress and grow into strong hotel managers.
Productive, Fun, great facilities
Administrative Assistant/Department Secretary (Current Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 13, 2014
Pros: free lunches, outings, fun environement
Cons: benefits, not much room for advancement, management can be biased at times
Great & Clean Environment
Great Company
Open door policy w/ management
Diversed employees
Starwood Hotels & Resorts
Reservation Sales Agent (Current Employee), Wichita, KSNovember 9, 2014
The staff is great.
It can be stressful at times.
The hardest part of the job to me is being a Reservations Sales Agent. I have worked in Hospitality for years and I am not used to 'selling' rooms to guests. If the guest is not interested, then we go to the next person. They are focused on sales here.
The most enjoyable are the guests that appreciate what you do for them.
Great
PURCHASING MANAGER (Former Employee), Kansas CityNovember 6, 2014
Starwood is a great company to work for. Great managers and great staff.
A joy to spend your work day.
Guest Services Rep (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLNovember 3, 2014
Pros: professional environment with social advantages
Cons: no upward movement within.
Checking Guest in and out. Resolve any and all guest issues to the best of your ability. Make a guest feel one of a kind to ensure the most comfortable stay. Working as a team with your co-workers to guarantee a great work environment. The hardest part of the job is balancing all the different issues to provide the greatest solution.
Workplace full of excitements and amazing team work.
Customer Service Representative / Sales (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAOctober 29, 2014
Going to work every day was exiting; because I was working side by side with grate management and amazing co-workers. Company had the best interest in heart for their employees and customers that’s why customer loyalty was very high. They made sure we all were well trained and educated about the brands that we were representing. I was once more convinced that with grate leadership, training and team work you can create amazing teams and gain loyal customers.
Its been ok
Specialist, Organizational Effectiveness (Current Employee), Stamford, CTOctober 27, 2014
Pros: great brands, decent pay
Cons: tough culture, no one really wants to do the work but everyone wants the credit.
if you want to grow and advance, it's not the best place to be. Good luck but I wouldn't recommend it. Great for the short term, Not the long term. if you want a stable job without much growth, go for it.
Good work enviorment, diversce, and fun place to work!
Reservation Specialist (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAOctober 24, 2014
Pros: good mgt., free holiday meals, paid vacation/sick time, monthly bonus, job security
Cons: short breaks/lunches, very strict on time (to the minute)
Starwood was a good place to work. I would recommend it to anyone looking for employment where there is a starwood center available.
Busy yet fun workplace
Administrative Support (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAOctober 22, 2014
Everyone greeted each other within the workplace in the morning, had our morning meetings, read emails, began various reports, made sure phone was answered as soon as possible everytime. Ended shift with checking emails once more to ensure all duties were completed.
Great Employer
Chef de Cuisine (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOOctober 22, 2014
Pros: quality of service
Cons: quality of life
Both times working for Starwood was an absolute pleasure. I was constantly challenged, enjoyed all of my colleagues, loved the culture among staff, and was proud to be part of the concept.
Fast Growing Company
Director (Current Employee), Stamford CTOctober 22, 2014
Pros: innovative
Cons: very little process and a lot of politics
There has been a lot of turnover on management in recent years. The company is growing very fast so it has a lot of growing pains.
Lots of fun people
Stylist, Houseman, and Public Area Attendant (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNOctober 20, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: working in a hotel means no saturday sunday off
Good place to work at, nothing bad about it. Just working in a hotel usually means no Saturday Sunday off. People are friendly and really care about guest and fellow coworkers as well. Management listen to you and want to know how to improve your experience.

About Starwood Hotels

Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide knows how to shine a light on hospitality. One of the world's largest hotel companies, – Read more

Starwood Hotels Photos