Starwood Hotels

Starwood Hotels Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
FAST PACED WORK ENVIRONMENT
Reservation Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAMarch 12, 2014
PRIMO CAFE IS A SMALL BUSINESS, AND THAT MEANS THAT THERE ARE NOT AN ABUNDANCE OF EMPLOYEES. THINGS TEND TO GET VERY PERSONAL AND DRAMA FOLLOWS, I LEFT BECAUSE I APPRECIATE A DRAMA FREE LIFE.
Amazing work culture
ADMINISTRATIVE LEAD (Former Employee), Lancaster, CaliforniaMarch 5, 2014
Starwood was an amazing place, everyday i would love returning to my job. The management there were very helpful and fun to work with. Our culture "Service Culture" was based on that fact that we are there to make peoples experience better, whether it be our co-workers, supervisors, or customers. The best part of my journey at Starwood was my Administrative – more... Lead position where i got to work very closely with 3 Managers and a director. I was able to help them with everything from report pulling and analyzing data to creating new processes to help different aspects of the everyday operations. – less
Great Company.
Specialist, Total Rewards (Current Employee), Stamford, CTMarch 1, 2014
Starwood in general is a great Company to work for. I have learned a lot in my time there, but it's time for a change. The growth potential is very low and highly preferential (i.e. you have to know the right people to move forward.)

Management could also be better. The hardest part of the job is to keep motivated since there is very little appreciation – more... for putting in hard work.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help people and the hotel discounts! – less
great job
Moonlight Welcome Ambassador (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: they look out for the employee when it comes to days off and other in house things.
Cons: they believe guest over employee with no chance.
i learned how to better assist people in directions and what attracts them the most. management was great very understandable and helpful. my co workers were all very fun and outgoing and hardworking. the hardest part about my job was staying awake for the over night. the most enjoyable part was just being able to talk to people and help them in a relaxing – more... environment. – less
Working from Home
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: paid holidays and vacation
Cons: shift bids(shift never stays the same), alternates weekends with the time
I work from home which i really enjoyed that i was saving alot of gas but i never minded driving to austin i love the area. The difficult part working from home was that you get really comfortable, I like to talk so it would get boring so it was hard to manage staying up and focused. I learned how to cross sell to other properties to make a sale which – more... was cool because we recieved incentives for that. I had to leave, the shift bids was the down fall after 3 months you had to change your shift which that would be hard because I always keep two jobs so that did not work out like i thougt it would but im happy i received my experience with working in the hotel enviroment. – less
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN AT WORK PLACE
Front Office Associate (Current Employee), Chennai, TNFebruary 14, 2014
I am Hospitality professional with more than 5 years of experience in Guest service and relations, posses' exceptional ability in effective collaboration with other team members & managing the daily task and supporting them when the workload exceeds normal.

To describe in short I am an individual with front office experience & with the good Knowledge – more... of Software’s:- OPERA new version, Springer Miller System, Amadeus.
I am a Bachelor of Commerce from Fakir Mohan University, India and currently working at ITC GRAND CHOLA, a "LUXURY COLLECTION" HOTEL, Chennai as a Front Office Associate.
I posses excellent interpersonal and communication skill with tremendous ability of handling guests. – less
Reservation Sales Agent (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: bonuses, free food
Cons: short lunches and no support from management
We would take 25-50 calls a day, making reservations and making adjustments to guests accounts. The management at Starwood were good but they were very contradictive to each other. My co-workers were more help than the management. The hardest part was when we would have inappropriate callers call in and management would tell us to push through on the – more... calls. Making peoples dream vacations happen. – less
Fun productive workplace, where work load is based on quality of customer service and inbound calls; call center.
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAFebruary 9, 2014
A place where if you carry the right attitude, and have gratitude day in/night out can succeed and promote.
Great opportunity to work from home in the hospitality industry
Reservation Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fall River, MAFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: employee hotel discounts
Cons: schedule based on performance, does not provide for a good work/life balance.
Great company with lots of opportunity for advancement. Three weeks of paid training. Good support from management and fellow team members. Potential to make additional money based reservations made, AMEX referrals, SPG enrollments and perfect attendance.
Great company fun and relaxed environment
Quality Monitoring Analyst (Former Employee), Lancaster caFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: the events they would hold, free lunch on occasions.
Cons: only half hour lunches
I loved my job from the moment I got hired. The best part was how quick I moved up in the company. My typical day on the job would be that I would listen to recorded calls and analyze them and make sure employees were using the proper tools given to succeed and reach there goals and that the guest were given great customer service. The management was – more... great always there to help out. I had learned so much in the two years that I worked there. The most enjoyable part of my job was just helping others achieve. – less
It was great while it lasted
Spg Lite (Current Employee), Lancaster, CAJanuary 30, 2014
I worked at starwood for not even a year and it closes down. Not the company itself just the center in lancaster, ca. They offered to transfer but i did not want to transfer out the state.
The job there was great, great money great people.
Great place to work while trying to get through school.
Reservation Agent (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: great deals on hotels and 75% tuition paid.
During the day I would schedule hotel accommodations.
I learned that having a job that helped pay for school was a great thing to have.
Management and my coworkers were great.
Most enjoyable part of the job was working with great people and customers.
Fun place to work
Reservation Sales Agent (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: great customer care
Cons: low pay
Good travel and people experiences from all over the world!
General Synopses
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Lancaster, CAJanuary 26, 2014
Excellent company with a great room for growth and opportunity.
The office I was in is no longer in business
Lancaster Team Lead (Current Employee), Lancaster, CAJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: money in bunches
Cons: money is not consistent
A great team to be a part of even after the sudden closure in Lancaster California. Very easy to advance and plenty of overtime. This especially true for the leadership positions.
i like when we are working as team work.
Bartender (Current Employee), dubai marina at luxury colletion hotelJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: somtimes
Cons: it's limited hour such as, half an hour.
I got nice experience from different properties, I I have learned so many think from my senior & manager and I had lots of fun with my colleagues so it was nice moment for me.
Great Company
Platinum Concierge/Customer Service (Current Employee), Lancaster, CAJanuary 22, 2014
On the phones and handling e-mails. Most enjoyable part of the job is doing my best and seeing what happens as a result.

Hardest part of the job is other associates not giving a 100% percent.
Excellent company with room for growth and advancement
Sales Manager, Group (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 19, 2014
Starwood is an excellent company with much opportunity for advancement. The benefits are extraordinary compared to other companies.
worked as a Waiter
Restaurant Waiter (Former Employee), BahrainJanuary 15, 2014
my career has started in Sheraton Bahrain as a waiter, were i learn every thing what is a perfect luxury service, in Five star Hotel,
FUN AND CHALLANGING
Receptionist/Sales (Current Employee), Lancaster, CAJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: lots of bonus oppurtunities
Cons: late hours
Answered and quickly redirected and handled up to 60+ calls per day.
Provided an elevated customer experience to generate a loyal clientele.
Addressed and resolved customer product complaints empathetically and professionally.
Gathered and verified all required customer information for tracking purposes.
Defused volatile customer situations calmly and – more... courteously.
Worked for the LAD (spanish) team
Dealt with confidential accounts with our Starwood Preferred Guests
Handled appointments and scheduled meetings
Receptionist/GREAT PEOPLE – less

About Starwood Hotels

Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide knows how to shine a light on hospitality. One of the world's largest hotel companies, it – Read more

Starwood Hotels Photos