Starwood Hotels

Starwood Hotels Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great to work for
Customer Service (Former Employee), St. Thomas, ONJune 28, 2013
As long as you walk in with a smile you will leave with one ....
Job was enjoyable, hours were difficult
Customer Care Centre (Former Employee), St. Thomas, ONJune 5, 2013
Pros: getting discounts at amazing hotels and being able to earn star points
Cons: the shifts
Booking hotels and planning vacations was great fun and I loved when people got excited about their upcoming trips. There were some people who were not as pleasant, but we learned how to deal with that.

I enjoyed the job, found it somewhat challenging, which I loved. But having to bid on hours every few months was not pleasant.

Also, if you are married and your husband works Monday to Friday, leaving at 6:30 am and getting home at 8 pm with Saturday and Sunday off and you work 3pm to 1 am with Wednesday and Thursday off, you only have about 6 hours a week to see your spouse.

I personally found this very difficult which is why I left after 6 months.
Fun work place
Guest Service Agent Westin Harbour Castle (Former Employee), TorontoMarch 20, 2013
Pros: life balance
Cons: job security
The most enjoyable part of the job is fun

The Culture / Values are good
You have to love what you do
Customer Service (Current Employee), St. Thomas, ONFebruary 27, 2013
I work in a customer service field, so I have gain knowledge and different skills to get along and deal with customers. Being opened minded and understanding will definitely open doors for you.
Love the Responsibility and the people
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 17, 2013
Pros: getting my birthday off and paid for it.
A typical day at work would be different from shift to shift.
When I am opening Shift I am responsible to assign all Rooms to be cleaned for that day to our Room attendant , print/run reports, hold pre-shift meeting, communicate important messages from front Desk to Room Attendant, answer the phone in the office.
My Day shift would start with running VIP reports, inspecting Rooms for cleanliness and defects and reporting those, follow up with Guests and if needed follow up with Room attendants , disciplinary conversations and paperwork, ensuring Rooms in my assigned area are cleaned. For the closing shift i will have to assign Rooms to Room attendants, Guest follow up, ensuring all rooms needed will be cleaned, ensuring Public Area is clean, run all reports from the day, answering the phone and holding pre - shift meeting.
The most important part I have learned during my job is to listen to other people so I be able to understand them and their situation better. I have gained more confidence speaking in front of people.
My Coworkers are from all over the world, which makes this job so special. People from all different cultures becoming one big team/family.
The hardest part of my job I would not know what its is, because I love what I do in any aspect.
High performance work place with good work/life balance
Director Global E-Customer Care (Former Employee), St. Thomas, ONDecember 21, 2012
Performance-oriented, constant improvement, metrics-based organization that values relationships and work/life balance.
Downhill spiral continues, sad to see
mid management (Former Employee), CanadaDecember 9, 2012
Pros: travel benefits/discounts
Cons: everything but the above
Starwood has always taught their employees to " Do the right thing" Unfortunately they do not practice this themselves. They can treat employees unfairly, especially those that are long term. They either fire them or the employees ends up quitting. The hotel reviews on Trip Advisor is a tell all as to how the hotel suufers when they have some incompetent management at the helm. Too bad their bosses don't see this and investigate or maybe they do and just don't care.
Terrible management, no compassion for employees
Supervisor (Former Employee), St.thomas, OntarioOctober 3, 2012
Pros: can't think if any
Cons: working there.... just don't do it!
Calls all day long, no break between....if you don't hit your quota in three months your are fired.... They don't help you. The quota is very high. Certain percentage of your calls have to be turned into sales DAILY!!! Very difficult, a lot of little games and no one listens to the employees. Yearly survey for the entire centre... St.thomas never does well but the people stay because its a job and they feel intimidated.
Good place to work, just not for me
Reservations and Member Services (Former Employee), St. Thomas, ONSeptember 13, 2012
Pros: free food, benefits at part time hours, lots of company contests and incentives.
Cons: high pressure, mandatory overtime, inflexible scheduling.
I enjoyed working here, although it is a high pressure job. Great if you are strong in sales. Not great if you want a flexible schedule.
Great fun place to work
Call Center Agent (Current Employee), St. Thomas, ONJuly 8, 2012
Pros: benifits, advancment
get to work with multipul people daily, and show my leadership skills

About Starwood Hotels

Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide knows how to shine a light on hospitality. One of the world's largest hotel companies, – Read more

Starwood Hotels Photos