Starwood Hotels

Starwood Hotels Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
You have to love what you do
Customer Service (Current Employee), St. Thomas, ONFebruary 27, 2013
I work in a customer service field, so I have gain knowledge and different skills to get along and deal with customers. Being opened minded and understanding will definitely open doors for you.
Love the Responsibility and the people
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 17, 2013
Pros: getting my birthday off and paid for it.
A typical day at work would be different from shift to shift.
When I am opening Shift I am responsible to assign all Rooms to be cleaned for that day to our Room attendant , print/run reports, hold pre-shift meeting, communicate important messages from front Desk to Room Attendant, answer the phone in the office.
My Day shift would start with running – more... VIP reports, inspecting Rooms for cleanliness and defects and reporting those, follow up with Guests and if needed follow up with Room attendants , disciplinary conversations and paperwork, ensuring Rooms in my assigned area are cleaned. For the closing shift i will have to assign Rooms to Room attendants, Guest follow up, ensuring all rooms needed will be cleaned, ensuring Public Area is clean, run all reports from the day, answering the phone and holding pre - shift meeting.
The most important part I have learned during my job is to listen to other people so I be able to understand them and their situation better. I have gained more confidence speaking in front of people.
My Coworkers are from all over the world, which makes this job so special. People from all different cultures becoming one big team/family.
The hardest part of my job I would not know what its is, because I love what I do in any aspect. – less
High performance work place with good work/life balance
Director Global E-Customer Care (Former Employee), St. Thomas, ONDecember 21, 2012
Performance-oriented, constant improvement, metrics-based organization that values relationships and work/life balance.
Downhill spiral continues, sad to see
mid management (Former Employee), CanadaDecember 9, 2012
Pros: travel benefits/discounts
Cons: everything but the above
Starwood has always taught their employees to " Do the right thing" Unfortunately they do not practice this themselves. They can treat employees unfairly, especially those that are long term. They either fire them or the employees ends up quitting. The hotel reviews on Trip Advisor is a tell all as to how the hotel suufers when they have some incompetent – more... management at the helm. Too bad their bosses don't see this and investigate or maybe they do and just don't care. – less
Terrible management, no compassion for employees
Supervisor (Former Employee), St.thomas, OntarioOctober 3, 2012
Pros: can't think if any
Cons: working there.... just don't do it!
Calls all day long, no break between....if you don't hit your quota in three months your are fired.... They don't help you. The quota is very high. Certain percentage of your calls have to be turned into sales DAILY!!! Very difficult, a lot of little games and no one listens to the employees. Yearly survey for the entire centre... St.thomas never does – more... well but the people stay because its a job and they feel intimidated. – less
Good place to work, just not for me
Reservations and Member Services (Former Employee), St. Thomas, ONSeptember 13, 2012
Pros: free food, benefits at part time hours, lots of company contests and incentives.
Cons: high pressure, mandatory overtime, inflexible scheduling.
I enjoyed working here, although it is a high pressure job. Great if you are strong in sales. Not great if you want a flexible schedule.
Great fun place to work
Call Center Agent (Current Employee), St. Thomas, ONJuly 8, 2012
Pros: benifits, advancment
get to work with multipul people daily, and show my leadership skills
Nice company to wrk for
IT MANAGER (Former Employee), Boston, MADecember 9, 2014
This is a community service company that enjoys motivation employees to work with the community and pro the community. Nice environment, even that we had meetings every day, meeting were not boring at all. there was always something fun to do with the management staff members.
An excellent place to work!!!
Vacation Planning Counselor (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 22, 2014
Pros: so many including the gym and oasis room
Cons: for me it was the phone but there really are none
It has been a few years since I have worked here. I was with the Starwood Vacation Ownership Department in 2009 and it was an experience I wish I didn’t have to give up. A typical day was busy but there was always perks, managerial support and encouragement. I was amazed when they did quarterly functions they closed the call center. They truly care – more... for all their employees and the managers are all great. The spirit of hospitality is definitely at Starwood. – less
The most enjoyable part of my job
Agent (Current Employee), W French QuarterNovember 19, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
The most high light of my day, will be meeting someone new everyday.
Great place to work, great discounts, always kept it fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Austin TxNovember 17, 2014
Pros: plenty of restrooms.. lunch room stocked & huge... covered smoke area (even in rain)
Cons: over priced vending machines, short lunch
I just didnt like the 30 minute lunches and shift bids.. you can work anywhere from 6:30 am to 2:00 am even on holidays.. BUT I guess someone somewhere needs a hotel right? =) I got great discounts worldwide and was even to get my friends and family discounts.. Team Lead? she was amazing, got me the coaching I needed in order to make perfect reservations..
Management Experience
Task Force Manager (Former Employee), All overNovember 13, 2014
Starwood provided opportunities for employees to progress and grow into strong hotel managers.
Productive, Fun, great facilities
Administrative Assistant/Department Secretary (Current Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 13, 2014
Pros: free lunches, outings, fun environement
Cons: benefits, not much room for advancement, management can be biased at times
Great & Clean Environment
Great Company
Open door policy w/ management
Diversed employees
Starwood Hotels & Resorts
Reservation Sales Agent (Current Employee), Wichita, KSNovember 9, 2014
The staff is great.
It can be stressful at times.
The hardest part of the job to me is being a Reservations Sales Agent. I have worked in Hospitality for years and I am not used to 'selling' rooms to guests. If the guest is not interested, then we go to the next person. They are focused on sales here.
The most enjoyable are the guests that appreciate – more... what you do for them. – less
Great
PURCHASING MANAGER (Former Employee), Kansas CityNovember 6, 2014
Starwood is a great company to work for. Great managers and great staff.
A joy to spend your work day.
Guest Services Rep (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLNovember 3, 2014
Pros: professional environment with social advantages
Cons: no upward movement within.
Checking Guest in and out. Resolve any and all guest issues to the best of your ability. Make a guest feel one of a kind to ensure the most comfortable stay. Working as a team with your co-workers to guarantee a great work environment. The hardest part of the job is balancing all the different issues to provide the greatest solution.
Workplace full of excitements and amazing team work.
Customer Service Representative / Sales (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAOctober 29, 2014
Going to work every day was exiting; because I was working side by side with grate management and amazing co-workers. Company had the best interest in heart for their employees and customers that’s why customer loyalty was very high. They made sure we all were well trained and educated about the brands that we were representing. I was once more convinced – more... that with grate leadership, training and team work you can create amazing teams and gain loyal customers. – less
Its been ok
Specialist, Organizational Effectiveness (Current Employee), Stamford, CTOctober 27, 2014
Pros: great brands, decent pay
Cons: tough culture, no one really wants to do the work but everyone wants the credit.
if you want to grow and advance, it's not the best place to be. Good luck but I wouldn't recommend it. Great for the short term, Not the long term. if you want a stable job without much growth, go for it.
Good work enviorment, diversce, and fun place to work!
Reservation Specialist (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAOctober 24, 2014
Pros: good mgt., free holiday meals, paid vacation/sick time, monthly bonus, job security
Cons: short breaks/lunches, very strict on time (to the minute)
Starwood was a good place to work. I would recommend it to anyone looking for employment where there is a starwood center available.
Busy yet fun workplace
Administrative Support (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAOctober 22, 2014
Everyone greeted each other within the workplace in the morning, had our morning meetings, read emails, began various reports, made sure phone was answered as soon as possible everytime. Ended shift with checking emails once more to ensure all duties were completed.

About Starwood Hotels

Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide knows how to shine a light on hospitality. One of the world's largest hotel companies, – Read more

Starwood Hotels Photos