Starwood Hotels

Starwood Hotels Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Starwood- & what to expect.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), St. Thomas, ONJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Benefits- Medical and Hotel Deals
Cons: Not always an ideal shift, not a large salary.
You will begin by 3 week in class schedule which you will be paid for unless you are absent. You must pass the final exam in order to graduate to a sales associate

*They will continue to keep and guide you the beginning weeks to come. Everyone is really friendly.Also as soon as you begin training at Starwood hotels and resorts you can get 50% off all hotels and resort discount to all associates & their family. Also able to give a friends discount as well, however it is not 50%, more 35%.

The pay isn't great but there is PFP ( pay for performance)
example: The more effort you put in , potentially the more money you can make.

Benefits (80% coverage) after your 3 month term.

Also lots of different areas to work and advance if you wish, they even pay for your schooling if you go into hotel managment.
Call center assiociate
Call Associate/ Customer service (Former Employee), St.Thomas ONMay 7, 2015
Pros: alot of prizes to be won for making sales
Cons: Sitting at a desk all day
I would sit at a desk for my whole shitf answering a phone and with the customer on the other end, I would help them to book a vaction/trip using out starwood brand hotels. I was promoted so that I would have people calling that were our elite members. they promoted people to this that had good numbers and great customer service so that way their returning guest will talk to someone that pesonally deals with their travels. It was very diffecult for me to just sit at a desk all day every day, I never felt active enough.
good
Corporate Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 20, 2015
great opportunities, learning skills opportunities, great peopl
Typical call center
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), St. Thomas, ONDecember 22, 2014
Pros: found my girlfriend there
Cons: have to talk for 8 hours a day 5 days a week over the phone sharing at a pc
7 minutes of phone plus breaks
on average 70 calls in 8 hour shift
min wage
stressful
Starwood Hotels Contact Center
Customer Reservations Sales Associate (Former Employee), St. ThomasNovember 21, 2014
Pros: good benefits, massages, dental, life insurance
Cons: repetitive
My day started at 8am until 5pm, we had a sales goal to reach every day and if we didn't reach it we received coaching. The hardest part of the job for me personally was sitting down for eight hours a day, but even that isn't difficult, I was over all very happy with the work I did. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with, everyone always had stories to tell and I made friends quickly.
Fast Paced working environment
CORPORATE CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), St. Thomas, ONOctober 23, 2014
Pros: employee recognition, ability to progress
Cons: not enough training
Working for Starwood taught me a lot with programs and computers, and to exceed with Customers. The working environment was laid back and had multiple opportunity to succeed. They taught me to work in a high level working environment.
Call centre position: good to develop communication skills
General Reservations Agent (Former Employee), St. Thomas, ONSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: further develops workers verbal communication skills
Cons: target oriented: workers would be rewarded for doing their job incorrectly, even if the client was unhappy
A General Reservations Agent is to answer inbound calls and assist customers looking to make or change a reservation. The job was target oriented, and as a part of the job a GRA must try to get every booking possible. I found the most difficult part of the job to be trying to sell a booking to a customer who was clearly uninterested in one.
Monthly bonuses are given to workers who meet or exceed their targets.
Loved this job
Supervisor (Current Employee), St. ThomasJuly 28, 2014
I loved working for Starwood. It is a great company who cares for their employees.
busy high paced enviornment
Security Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 30, 2014
busy high paced environment. answering house calls, prompt response time is crucial.
Productive Fun workplace
Sales Coordinator - Sales and Marketing (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 20, 2014
Excellent Service culture. focus on development and internal growth.
cheat and lie, be a cars salesmen
Reservation Sales Associate (Former Employee), St.Thomas OntarioMay 17, 2014
Pros: free things, cheep hotels
Cons: hours sucked, supervisor didnt care about you, all about sales, based on luck to get sales.
Worst job ever! I hated my life! Customer service was not the key! The key was to lie to the guest on the phone about availabily, almost being sold out, that they were talking to the hotel even though they were not. And also on top of that you had to transfer people a lot because you couldn't help them with a simple issue. Transferring makes the customer even more upset.
Keeping the customers happy
Customer Service/Data Entry (Former Employee), St. Thomas, ONApril 28, 2014
I learned how to keep the customers coming back to the store.
best call center, easy money,
Platinum Dedicated Associate (Former Employee), St. Thomas, ONApril 25, 2014
Pros: contest and free lunches alot
Cons: it can be very stressfull
stressfull calls, lots of things to win, good company, good benefits, not bad.
Nice Place to Work
Reservations and Member Services (Former Employee), St. Thomas, ONFebruary 26, 2014
I liked working there it was my very first call center and to be honest everyone i worked with was great
Nothing worth doing
Associate (Former Employee), St Thomas, ONJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: discount on hotel costs
Cons: they treat you extremely poorly
I have noting nice to sy about this company. Thus i will not be adding any information.
Great opportunities to advance.
Customer Service, Team Lead (Current Employee), St ThomasJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: awful work hours.
Work with your team to help make your customs stay a memorable one.
Sheraton was home
Chef de Partie (Former Employee), KuwaitNovember 22, 2013
Pros: free breakfast lunch and dinner even on day off and free transportation and accomodation.
Cons: long working hours
I always felt am at home with Sheraton hotel .
Sheraton Kuwait is so organized and it is so convenient to be a part of their family as you are someone precious.
many things I have learnt with Sheraton training courses as:
ASES and SGSS.
My Co-workers were like brothers and sisters, we were all one hand , fully team work
last moment order was the most challenge part for me at Sheraton Kuwait as I understand the management had to fulfill the guest expectations.
Employee recognitions system is one the best thing at Sheraton, you feel that your work is not ignored.
sitting job for 8 hrs
Sales Associate (Former Employee), St. Thomas, ONOctober 23, 2013
they don't give people enough time to prove themselves,
Benefits can be good if you last there
Great Team of Working Enviroment
Banquet House Person and Server (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCOctober 22, 2013
It depends on the department, this work place be a great place to work, nice people, friendly co-workers, but not so good management teams
Fun , Rewarding !
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), St ThomasSeptember 14, 2013
Go to desk and take calls. Get lots of support from co workers and management. Your supervisor helps you ALL the time ! Its fun, upbeat and everyone is always so friendly.
There are tons of perks and rewards and incentives !

About Starwood Hotels

Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide knows how to shine a light on hospitality. One of the world's largest hotel companies, – Read more

Starwood Hotels Photos