Starwood Hotels Employee Review

View all Starwood Hotels reviews

Engineering Department**
Stationary Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA16 April 2012
I worked at a Starwood property in Millbrae which closed for renovation. In the meantime, the Chief Engineers in the area have come together to find a way for me to pick up hours at their sites until my original hotel reopens this year. They have gone out of their way to keep me employed through Starwood, something that I have not seen in other companies. Also, transferring between hotels was as easy as filling out paperwork. Though I am sure they have their flaws, I am thankful to not have to experience many of them first-hand.
Pros
lots of places to work/transfer
Cons
limited starhot availabilities

Other Starwood Hotels Employee Reviews

Great coworkers but stressful work
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON16 November 2017
All the reviews are quite accurate. I appreciated the training and guaranteed full-time work. I loved working with the manager in charge of my team. Actually, many of the managers I came in contact with were excellent and incredibly helpful.

I left because I felt stuck. There was a lot of talk about opportunity for advancement but, while I qualified for the next tier within less than a month out of training and consistently topped my team in sales, I was not advanced nor trained for the next tier in the 9 months I was there.

And I dreaded going to work a lot of days because there are a lot of rude customers that verbally attack you if you can not give them the answer that they want. This job is perfect for thick skinned, extroverted individuals. Just not for me.
Pros
Guaranteed hours, good managers
Cons
Verbal abuse by customers, slow advancement
Fun place
Hotel/sales rep (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON8 November 2017
Despite what all is said about Starwood I left because I didn’t like the amount of working alone I had to do I used to be able to consult with co workers and be able to enjoy being not so much as trapped as I was there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starwood Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.