STARTEK Employee Reviews

call center with a great employee lounge
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON25 July 2017
I have been with this company for 16 years now. Co - Workers are awesome and so is the management. The problem that I have with the job is that in the last 8 years I have not had a raise and they just keep adding things to our workload. Sometimes in a day you could be put into three different queues. One other good thing about the job is that we do have benefits.
Benefits
Cons
salary cap
call center work
Technical Support Agent/Customer Care. Dates (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON19 July 2017
Pay is good and it is full time hours. Good people to work with. Must be able to deal with very irate customers on a regular basis and a lot of negativity.
Activations Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON14 June 2017
Startek was a good place to work, after leaving I gained the knowledge of the call center. Because of some physical issues I found Startek a bit too challenging.
good activities for downtime
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON12 June 2017
excellent incentives for overtime. overtime is readily available. good bonuses and benefits were offered after three months of employment. employee discounts around town
Review of Startek
Supervisor / Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON2 June 2017
Fun place to work. Co-workers kept me there for the length of time I was there for. Fun lounge, pay is good as well as bonuses/incentives. Shift changes suck
Pros
Pay
Cons
Constant shift changes
productive and fun work place
Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON31 May 2017
Great work environment. They offer competitive wages and also have monthly bonus depending on your performance. They also have different activities all year round to keep the employees involved.
the hardest part of the job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON24 May 2017
the hardest part of the job was dealing with diffficult and unhappy customers. they often would yell and name call and that made it a challenge to keep professional
Call Centre
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON9 May 2017
This was the second time I worked in a call centre. After working there I will never do it again. They were very rude, unappreciative, and very difficult to work for.
ok
Representative / Assistant Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON3 April 2017
Dealing with callers everyday with issues i learned to be patient and understanding, very friendly atmosphere and management. The hardest part was sitting for long periods of time.
Mostly good time
Agent (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON2 April 2017
Overall a very positive experience. The staff are very supportive and helpful, the training was really informative and gave me a lot of experience. There was also a lot of fun around the workplace to balance out the negative contact from customers.
Pros
Lunches, free shirts, great pay
Cons
Unfriendly customer interactions
good people, stupid rating system
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON27 March 2017
it was a great palce to work but their scorecard really needs to change.good hours, awesome people just dumb scoring system. decent benefits workable hours.
productuve nad fun work place
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  philippines16 March 2017
goal oriented company
pays good
has lots of events for employees
good medical benefits
offers bonuses and commissions for selling products
working space is big enough
Pros
free coffee
Cons
graveyard
Fun workplace and great people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON22 February 2017
In a day we are required to answer telephone inquires in regards to t-mobile cell phone service. We are required to process payment, place upgrade orders and answer any questions in regards to discrepencies on accounts.
Pros
The people I got a chance to work with
Neutral
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON12 February 2017
I have nothing negative or positive to say about my experience here. My supervisor was great - the issue was the ever changing demands of the client.
Hectic
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON14 December 2016
Take calls, assist customers with billing and tech issues. Process equipment orders and review customers service concerns. Offer best plan and phone options to customers best on popularity/customers wants and needs.
Pros
Co Workers
Cons
Long Hours/Poor management
not a fun environment
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON28 November 2016
Started is not a fun place to work, pushy management and unrealistic bonus goals were the worst part. The best part were my co workers because you work so close to each other that friendships happened quickly. A typical day was answering calls from T-Mobile customers about a wide variety of issues.
Pros
cafe
Not a fun place to work if you every have an issue
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON22 September 2016
I ended up quiting after having to report a serial harassment issue to HR. After allowing 3 months for an investigation, I left as I was not comfortable working with (or near. He was 4 desks away) the accused, as HR did nothing.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Lousy HR department
great work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON18 September 2016
Comfortable place to be, everyday is something new, my co workers are all great people to be around. Hardest part of the job was dealing with escalated customers. Best part of the job was the enviorment you work in. So many funny and awesome people to be around when you have a bad call, you can always count on a coworker to make it up.
Pros
free massage day
Cons
sitting for long hour
Amazing management and other staff who make going to work enjoyable
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON13 September 2016
It's a call center, so the job can be stressful (as should be expected), but management really care about the staff and do a great job at making it a fun and enjoyable work environment. Excellent training.
Pros
Care about their staff
Cons
On the other side of town, difficult to take time off
Good job, good benifits
Work / Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON24 August 2016
this is a high stress environment with little job security, it is fast paced and exhausting but the salary is good and the benefits are great if you can survive the first 90 days of employment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at STARTEK. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval