STARTEK

STARTEK Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It was a great place to work
Customer Service Representative for AT&T Mobility (Former Employee), Regina SaskJune 18, 2015
Pros: fast paced always busy
Cons: not much room for advancement or pay raises
handled customer billing and service issues
set customers up with new cell phone service plans and activations
assisted customers with trouble shooting their phone issues
had a great bunch of people to work with
great benefits
learned how to de escalate irate customers
can work well under stressfull situations like high call volume when there are system wide outages
Different places of employment
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee), Kingston, OntarioMay 11, 2015
Pros: Learning new skills
Cons: Short term employment
This job required adaptability as you were sent to different places for short term jobs. Working with different people in different locations was an asset as you got to learn a wide variety of jobs.
not worth 12$/hour
CSR (Former Employee), kingstonApril 1, 2015
Pros: Lunches
Cons: everything
very stressful. The only thing that was enjoyable or made me want to go to work everyday was the training class. I had met some nice people and the trainer was helpful.
Once you get to the production floor, it's every man for his or her self.
My first day with my team, I had no team leader as he was on vacation, so no one was there to help me get set up, or tell me where to be!!!! It was an awful experience.
On top of the stress from your surroundings, you deal with American customers who are extremely rude, and could care less if they offend anyone. It takes a toll on you mentally.
Not worth 12$ an hour. Save yourself the embarrassment of working at a call center, especially one as unorganized and under paying as startek.
what I loved
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), KingstonMarch 26, 2015
The most enjoyable part of this job was my co-workers and also my customers that I built a rapport with. I enjoyed this job a lot as I enjoyed the customers and also the people around me
Very Grinding
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Kingston, ONFebruary 19, 2015
11 hours shifts, minimum breaks that are heavily scheduled even if your in the middle of a call 3 people will swing by to tell you to take your break or lunch, haha then they tell you to get back to work at your original break end time instead of since your last call ended. The place has 20 managers and at any given time you have 4 people watching every move you make but not staying updated on what were even supposed to be doing. Also limited bathroom use, ext. Minimum interaction with other employees. I worked for them a year.
Very talented and hard worker.
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), Kingston, ONFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: i am very good at what i do and am considered very knowledgeable. the go to guy.
Cons: pay is low and recognition is few and far between.
I am a hard worker, and do an excellent job. I have earned rewards, and ranked very high among my peers. I am called upon to help new employees and colleagues when training is needed. I excell in my position and am looking for new opportunities to experience myself even further.
Poison and Empty
phone jocky, then management (Former Employee), KingstonJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: it's work if you need it.
Cons: to many to mention in detail.
This company is the welfare clean up job.
This is where people go when there is nothing else.

The management don't care about the staff they care about numbers.

The ads are full of lies. This isn't where you "go for a career" it also "isn't hiring because they're growing" they are hiring because they are constantly cycling through staff on a regular basis.

The pay starts at $11 and once you hit about $14 you cap and are likely to be "removed from the program" for some nonsense reason because they want to get rid of you and hire someone new at $11
I love the job, but when it comes to my family I can't do the shift work
Customer Service Representitive (Current Employee), Kingston, ONOctober 5, 2014
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: shift work is hard for me
I love the job, love the people i work with, pay is good, just hard to shuffle working nights and taking care of my family.
busy enviroment face paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: employee incentives.
Cons: 10 hr shifts
answering phones. helping customers pay bills, buy new phones, change rate plans. the people there were great to work with very helpful.the most important part of the job was the feeling of accomplishment when the customer was completely satisfied.
they are ok
CSR (Former Employee), Kingston, ONSeptember 23, 2014
-good pay and benefits
- a lot of overtime.
typical day would be answering phones and talking to customers about their accounts and billing issues. sometimes have team meetings
-management kind of sucks not really there when you need them
Very regimented -
CSR (Former Employee), KingstonSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: see below.
You needed to come in early to set up your system and be ready to work on their schedule. Breaks were limited and set for only 15 minutes to get water, go to the washroom and what ever else you needed to do.

There was no set end time to a shift as you had to stay on the line once you had a call.

The only good thing was helping people solve their issues. The client did not care if you were to deal with the person the main goal was to get them off the line in a certain number of minutes to be able to take other calls. If you needed to call a customer back it was on your own time and you actually are docked on your scores to determine your shift bids.

The main goal solve their problems fast then move on. At times very hard as the other person wants to be treated fairly and in reality you are watching your clock trying to get the person off of the line.

Pay is rather low and trying to use your holidays when you want them is difficult as there is only limited openings in any set block and major holidays seemed to be booked well before the shift selection was even open.

IT equipment is out of date and you are expected to work with small monitors. The training videos of sister facilities shows them state of the art tech and work stations. Kingston is very far behind in this.

Work stations are shared and normally are very dirty. People would leave coffee cups where ever they were sitting or not. At times the work stations could only be described as discusting

All in all, not a place I would recommend. Try to find something else.
one of the best company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Kingston, ONAugust 20, 2014
Manage customer care issues and escalations, ensuring top-quality customer service. Actively meet all heads of production unit to plan and out-space for production planning; conduct quality checks on customer care. Addresses customer care escalations, provide daily reports, and successfully meet all client SLA agreements.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJuly 26, 2014
Great place to work to interact with various clientele on the phone
StarTek was a very bright and happy place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJuly 7, 2014
I would get to work, log into all of my programs. I would then take calls and help out customers for the day. I would take my first break about two hours into my shift then I would take my lunch around 11 or 11:30am. My coworkers were very fun to work with and I enjoyed it.
Productive and fun workplace with pin pong table
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJune 10, 2014
There was no typical day at work, since everyday was different. I learned how to use new software and how to de-escalate customers. The management there did the best they could at helping you resolve conflicts that you were not sure with. The co-workers were extremely friendly and upbeat. The hardest part of the job was to calm down customers when there was errors in their account that was reoccurring. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of helping out customers and making them happy.
job went under
Wireless Tech Support (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONApril 25, 2014
The where out sourced and everyone lost there job. other then that it was a great experiences.
the facilities included outdoor lunch area with roof & outdoor heating system during winter months.
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONMarch 20, 2014
Pros: medical & dental benefits
Cons: rotating shifts
A typical day would involved dealing with bell small business clients, e.g., internet & phone services
the enviroment was stressfull without any support
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee), Kingston, ONMarch 4, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: the stress
my job was to take calls for cell phone customers, I was verbally abused on a daily bases.as well as answering question and giving customer support.
You learn something ever day
CSR (Current Employee), Kingston, ONFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: good working environment
Cons: less appreciation of your hardwork. lac with management skills
It's a kind of good job where you come across with different personality every day. Good part of the job is you have to keep your brain running all the time so that you can resolve customers' queries and problems and satisfy them at the end of every call and in turn they become loyal to the company because of exceptional customer service.
Harder than it looks.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: excellent co workers and bosses
Cons: very angry customers
The people I worked with were wonderful and very helpful. The supervisors and managers were great people who would help anyone who needed it.

I unfortunately could not handle how many angry people called in each day. I am usually a very happy and cheerful person but it wore me down very quickly.

I have learned that I greatly prefer to speak with people face to face. It is much easier to diffuse tense situations when body language and facial expressions are able to be read by both people.

The highlight of the job is the caller who recognized my voice and ended up being a friend of my late grandfather. Not only was I able to help them with their inquiry, but I was also able to save them money by updating their services.

About STARTEK

STARTEK, Inc. is a global provider of business process outsourcing (BPO) services with over 9,000 employees and has been committed – Read more

STARTEK Photos