STARTEK

STARTEK Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
busy enviroment face paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: employee incentives.
Cons: 10 hr shifts
answering phones. helping customers pay bills, buy new phones, change rate plans. the people there were great to work with very helpful.the most important part of the job was the feeling of accomplishment when the customer was completely satisfied.
they are ok
CSR (Former Employee), Kingston, ONSeptember 23, 2014
-good pay and benefits
- a lot of overtime.
typical day would be answering phones and talking to customers about their accounts and billing issues. sometimes have team meetings
-management kind of sucks not really there when you need them
Very regimented -
CSR (Former Employee), KingstonSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: see below.
You needed to come in early to set up your system and be ready to work on their schedule. Breaks were limited and set for only 15 minutes to get water, go to the washroom and what ever else you needed to do.

There was no set end time to a shift as you had to stay on the line once you had a call.

The only good thing was helping people solve their issues. – more... The client did not care if you were to deal with the person the main goal was to get them off the line in a certain number of minutes to be able to take other calls. If you needed to call a customer back it was on your own time and you actually are docked on your scores to determine your shift bids.

The main goal solve their problems fast then move on. At times very hard as the other person wants to be treated fairly and in reality you are watching your clock trying to get the person off of the line.

Pay is rather low and trying to use your holidays when you want them is difficult as there is only limited openings in any set block and major holidays seemed to be booked well before the shift selection was even open.

IT equipment is out of date and you are expected to work with small monitors. The training videos of sister facilities shows them state of the art tech and work stations. Kingston is very far behind in this.

Work stations are shared and normally are very dirty. People would leave coffee cups where ever they were sitting or not. At times the work stations could only be described as discusting

All in all, not a place I would recommend. Try to find something else. – less
one of the best company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Kingston, ONAugust 20, 2014
Manage customer care issues and escalations, ensuring top-quality customer service. Actively meet all heads of production unit to plan and out-space for production planning; conduct quality checks on customer care. Addresses customer care escalations, provide daily reports, and successfully meet all client SLA agreements.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJuly 26, 2014
Great place to work to interact with various clientele on the phone
StarTek was a very bright and happy place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJuly 7, 2014
I would get to work, log into all of my programs. I would then take calls and help out customers for the day. I would take my first break about two hours into my shift then I would take my lunch around 11 or 11:30am. My coworkers were very fun to work with and I enjoyed it.
Productive and fun workplace with pin pong table
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJune 10, 2014
There was no typical day at work, since everyday was different. I learned how to use new software and how to de-escalate customers. The management there did the best they could at helping you resolve conflicts that you were not sure with. The co-workers were extremely friendly and upbeat. The hardest part of the job was to calm down customers when there – more... was errors in their account that was reoccurring. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of helping out customers and making them happy. – less
job went under
Wireless Tech Support (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONApril 25, 2014
The where out sourced and everyone lost there job. other then that it was a great experiences.
the facilities included outdoor lunch area with roof & outdoor heating system during winter months.
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONMarch 20, 2014
Pros: medical & dental benefits
Cons: rotating shifts
A typical day would involved dealing with bell small business clients, e.g., internet & phone services
the enviroment was stressfull without any support
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee), Kingston, ONMarch 4, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: the stress
my job was to take calls for cell phone customers, I was verbally abused on a daily bases.as well as answering question and giving customer support.
You learn something ever day
CSR (Current Employee), Kingston, ONFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: good working environment
Cons: less appreciation of your hardwork. lac with management skills
It's a kind of good job where you come across with different personality every day. Good part of the job is you have to keep your brain running all the time so that you can resolve customers' queries and problems and satisfy them at the end of every call and in turn they become loyal to the company because of exceptional customer service.
Harder than it looks.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: excellent co workers and bosses
Cons: very angry customers
The people I worked with were wonderful and very helpful. The supervisors and managers were great people who would help anyone who needed it.

I unfortunately could not handle how many angry people called in each day. I am usually a very happy and cheerful person but it wore me down very quickly.

I have learned that I greatly prefer to speak with people – more... face to face. It is much easier to diffuse tense situations when body language and facial expressions are able to be read by both people.

The highlight of the job is the caller who recognized my voice and ended up being a friend of my late grandfather. Not only was I able to help them with their inquiry, but I was also able to save them money by updating their services. – less
good staff but not a job i would go back too
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONAugust 3, 2013
on a typical day i would start out by logging onto the system open all programs i would need and reviewing the news section to see what types of things were going on on the system that day. working there i learned different ways to transfer calls as well as how to process credit card payments phone orders and how to use there customer database. the – more... management was good and very friendly as were the co-workers but there was not as much interaction as in other jobs i have had. the haredest part of the job for me was dealing with irate customers on almost a daily basis as well as trying to engage the customer on the phone while trying to find an answer to questions i didn't know right away. i really enjoyed when i could help a customer right away and know that there problem was solved – less
Startek
Customer Service Specialist/Coach (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONJuly 29, 2013
I spent a good portion of my life working here. We were an inbound call center for a third party company dealing with cell phones. We had extensive training and were always receiving up training to make sure we were educated on what was available to the clients/customers. Towards the end of the job, I was promoted to a coach and had three agents working – more... under me who I was coaching from new hires. The job ended due to the fact that the site closed. – less
50 / 50
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJuly 6, 2013
Pros: good pay, good training
Cons: no consideration for your situation
this job had many benefits, lots of new interesting people to meet, and some great trainers. they didn't however have the greatest way of giving people hours and didnt take into consideration your situation. i was working until midnight or later even though i was only able to take the bus home.
work there if your have no other choice
Cusomter Care Rep (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJune 14, 2013
Pros: awards to staff in order for them them to hate their jobs less
Cons: everything, except for the few decent people you meet while working there
getting yelled at by up to 60 to 80 strangers a day depending on the day... I learned never to work at all call center again... the management admits themselves startek is like a high school so that's saying a lot... the co-workers are the only reason people keep their job there (and i'm not enough try to rude or hate, thats just how terrible the kingston, – more... ontario company is).... most enjoyable time of the day smoke break – less
Have to be able to handle negativity
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kingston, ONApril 17, 2013
Pros: great co-workers and company culture
Cons: negative atmosphere
This job was okay, not too challenging if you are good with computers and if you can separate yourself from all the negativity of the calls. The job itself is pretty easy, it's the customers that you work with that are very negative and don't care.
It's a call center, so if you can't handle lots of noise in the background NOT the job for you. It's doing – more... customer service, and no one calls in to customer service when everything is good. Most calls are just frustrated people, but it's not rare to get mad people that will tell you where to go. On the positive side, there are very strict rules to keep you safe from abusive callers and the managers are good about diffusing any bad situations. – less
It's a job
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee), Kingston, ONApril 2, 2013
It's a job. Pay is okay, work area is okay, people are okay. Nothing bad to be said about it.
Friendly Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONApril 1, 2013
Typical day was answer phones and activating cell phones. I learned the inner workings of cell phones and how it works on the other side corporate. Fun and happy environment. Loved it.
Provided me with vital experience that I continue to draw from
Intra-Day Specialist Local Resource Planning Group (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONMarch 16, 2013
Pros: excellent opportunity for networking and advancement
Cons: very long hours, hard to balance family life with work life
This was a busy challenging position. However I thoroughly enjoyed working as a team. The skills I gained in call centre management, scheduling and business analysis have prepared me to further my career path.

1 2 3 4 5

About STARTEK

STARTEK, Inc. is a global provider of business process outsourcing (BPO) services with over 9,000 employees and has been committed – Read more

STARTEK Photos