STARTEK Employee Reviews

productive and fun work place with a staff lounge
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONAugust 6, 2016
We would take inbound calls of business customer account for t- mobile, Help customers with their bills, add new lines, transfer numbers to and from telephone companies.

Its a friendly environment with co workers and management. The hardest part of the job was the stress and irate customers but all jobs have that.

The most enjoyable part for me was the atmosphere that the company provide with medical accomidations.
Pros
raffles, bbqs, massage threapist
great work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ONSeptember 18, 2016
Comfortable place to be, everyday is something new, my co workers are all great people to be around. Hardest part of the job was dealing with escalated customers. Best part of the job was the enviorment you work in. So many funny and awesome people to be around when you have a bad call, you can always count on a coworker to make it up.
Pros
free massage day
Cons
sitting for long hour
Not a fun place to work if you every have an issue
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONSeptember 22, 2016
I ended up quiting after having to report a serial harassment issue to HR. After allowing 3 months for an investigation, I left as I was not comfortable working with (or near. He was 4 desks away) the accused, as HR did nothing.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Lousy HR department
draining
customer support (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONJuly 21, 2016
If this is the only place that will hire you then take it till something better comes along, basically anything else will beat it. The lack of support and the constant complaining of customers that you really cant help makes for a long day.Low pay is also a great part of the job.
Pros
zip
Cons
awful
Good pay for amount of work
Ontario Inbound Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONApril 7, 2016
Was a fun work environment with a lot of work related incentives. hours were fine for the pay and regular hours.
I didn't like how the management was more friends than work related employers, they stuck together when complaints were made.
Sometime building more of a family environment at a workplace is not the best when serious complaints come up and get pushed under the rug.
Pros
fun, carfree, easy customer service, regular hours and pay
Cons
compaints not dealt with in a professional manner.
Fast pase
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONApril 26, 2016
You had to take call after call helping with different cell phone issues. from adding money to tech issues. Management was ok. thought the claim not to play favorite. I know that did. had some pretty great co-workers. Hard part was dealing with costomers yelling at you over something you had no control over.
Pros
pay
Cons
stress
Little to no empathy for employees...Jealousies abound..back stabbing constant
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONMarch 3, 2016
Companies attitude is that the workers are a dime a dozen and can be replaced at a moments notice. Managers are given the position due to stats and not due to how they speak with and motivate their staff. Rude customers are easier to deal with than with the management staff at StarTek.
Pros
The clients
Cons
lack of respect for employees
Good job, good benifits
Work / Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ONAugust 24, 2016
this is a high stress environment with little job security, it is fast paced and exhausting but the salary is good and the benefits are great if you can survive the first 90 days of employment
I enjoyed working with everyone that was part of the Startek team.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONFebruary 18, 2016
I learned to work in a high-paced environment.
I learned how to work well in a team environment.
I learned several organizational skills.

Co-workers were mostly helpful towards one another.

Having to work in an environment which was continuously timed. Ex: timed telephone calls timed bathroom breaks etc. This type of environment made you feel as you were treated robotically. It equally felt as though you weren't trusted to perform your work in true honest nor loyalty.

When you were experiencing any form of difficulty, help of supervisors was provided when available.
Pros
Bonus incentives.
Cons
Competitive environment, lack of trusworthyness.
was a very enjoyable place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKJune 16, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Star Tek it was a great enviroment with lots of excellent customer service reviews until they closed their doors december 9th of 2008
Great Employees
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ONMay 17, 2016
My experience was one of learning new experiences. Enjoyed the overall friendliness. Connected with many individuals and made many friends.
Pros
People I worked with.
Cons
Call Center Leadership
The company needs to focus on the employee more
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ONApril 30, 2016
The company is an outsourcing company. The focus has been on the contract not the employee. This has hurt them as a prospective employer.
na
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCDecember 7, 2015
• Process clients’ orders for transfer of phone lines from one Telecommunication Company to another, and activation or reactivation.
• Assist customers with the verification of their order such as installation inquiries and other related concerns.
• Provide factual and objective information to customers to set realistic expectations regarding their telephone services.
Good Hours, Poor management.
Customer Business Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONNovember 9, 2015
Startek was a great place to start working while I learned about computers and worked on my typing speed. The other co-workers there are very nice but management is poor and doesn't co-operate with the employ and gets angry easily. Hours were great when looking for a full time position. Over all a good place to work if you can deal with american customers over the phone that can be quiet rude sometimes.
Pros
over time.
Cons
poor management
was alright
Telephone Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKMarch 3, 2016
This company was very strict as it was an outside company which was based in the United States so it was very quiet. So not much to really say but quiet company.
not fun
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONJanuary 28, 2016
I hated working there. Chained to a desk limited breaks and pay wasn't the greatest. Constantly changing staff made it hard to know who to talk to about issues. Would not recommend this place to work at .
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONJanuary 27, 2016
Customer service top priority. always learning and helping customers in process. helping co-workers with customer service issues.
Pros
HALF HOUR LUNCH
Cons
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONOctober 10, 2015
I spent 13 years working for Startek Canada. I was in a number of different departments but I had the most fun in the department where data input was my daily job. I have been inbound taking calls as well as making outbound calls. It was a fun place to work and I enjoyed my co-workers. There was not a lot of room for advancement so that was the hardest part of working there.
Pros
Co-workers and always being part of a team
Cons
Unpredictable schedule
Not the best first job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONOctober 14, 2015
I decided to work nights at StarTek since it was my first job, unfortunately at night, we still go many calls and not a whole lot of supervisors at night making it difficult to ask questions. Also we were told about a system during training that was suppose to be not used except everyone used it and didn't teach me how to use it.
Pros
Good pay for a first time
Cons
Not very new job friendly
Fun place to work
Inbound Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONSeptember 24, 2015
Inbound customer care for major cell phone company providing billing and technical support. Was demanding and fast paced but also a fun place to work with many "perks" such as contests and just general fun thing to help break up the monotony.

While there were MANY great people there were also some who were not really suited to be supervisors or team leads.
Pros
Great atmosphere, fun place to work
Cons
too many teams and not enough GOOD team leaders