STARTEK Employee Reviews

Efficient fast pace
Engagement specialist (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON13 October 2017
As a full time worker , it was good start to step into real world with actual understanding of different kinda of behaviours and personalities. Tend to become more practical.
A good place to start
Engagement Specialist - Business/Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON2 October 2017
Startek is a good place to get a foot in the door. It gives wonderful training for customer service jobs and administration jobs. Startek likes to keep a fun, relaxed atmosphere off the phones, but strive for professionalism on the phones.
Pros
Fun@Work!
Cons
Really angry customers
Call Cent Environment
Inbound Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON2 October 2017
Its a chill place. The managers are chill as long as you answer the calls coming through. The customers are a bit... but it is what it is. You don't make calls you only pick up calls, makes it better.
Do not work here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON28 September 2017
Worst work environment I have every been in. The trainers were so demening and ruse. No consideration if you are trying your best but it isn't good enough for them.
Not the best place to work...
Offline Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON20 September 2017
I loved working there with my peers but the management was horrible. Shifts are changed constantly and you could go from days to nights to evenings within a week.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Bad management
productive fun work place with a pool table and fun activities
Business Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON13 September 2017
this job tries very hard to keep you balanced making sure its not only a job but balancing it to be a fun job introducing "Fun at work". where a few times a month they have games and prizes you could win in the lounge area down stairs set for break times. they also introduced massages once a month to make sure, everyone can distress!

I worked in the BSL department, was nice fast pace environment and friendly team.
Pros
free breakfast/lunches if you never miss one shift!
Cons
shift change - every three months or so unless you shift swap
terrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON5 September 2017
Startek was a terrible place to work, it caused nothing but stress. The hours were awful, we were treated like monkeys with no feelings. I hated this job so much.
Operations Manager
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK28 July 2017
Managed the daily call of the call center to ensure we meet the standards of our client and their clients within a timely manner. Helping teach and mentor the staff.
call center with a great employee lounge
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON25 July 2017
I have been with this company for 16 years now. Co - Workers are awesome and so is the management. The problem that I have with the job is that in the last 8 years I have not had a raise and they just keep adding things to our workload. Sometimes in a day you could be put into three different queues. One other good thing about the job is that we do have benefits.
Benefits
Cons
salary cap
call center work
Technical Support Agent/Customer Care. Dates (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON19 July 2017
Pay is good and it is full time hours. Good people to work with. Must be able to deal with very irate customers on a regular basis and a lot of negativity.
Activations Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON14 June 2017
Startek was a good place to work, after leaving I gained the knowledge of the call center. Because of some physical issues I found Startek a bit too challenging.
good activities for downtime
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON12 June 2017
excellent incentives for overtime. overtime is readily available. good bonuses and benefits were offered after three months of employment. employee discounts around town
Review of Startek
Supervisor / Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON2 June 2017
Fun place to work. Co-workers kept me there for the length of time I was there for. Fun lounge, pay is good as well as bonuses/incentives. Shift changes suck
Pros
Pay
Cons
Constant shift changes
productive and fun work place
Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON31 May 2017
Great work environment. They offer competitive wages and also have monthly bonus depending on your performance. They also have different activities all year round to keep the employees involved.
the hardest part of the job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON24 May 2017
the hardest part of the job was dealing with diffficult and unhappy customers. they often would yell and name call and that made it a challenge to keep professional
Call Centre
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON9 May 2017
This was the second time I worked in a call centre. After working there I will never do it again. They were very rude, unappreciative, and very difficult to work for.
ok
Representative / Assistant Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON3 April 2017
Dealing with callers everyday with issues i learned to be patient and understanding, very friendly atmosphere and management. The hardest part was sitting for long periods of time.
Mostly good time
Agent (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON2 April 2017
Overall a very positive experience. The staff are very supportive and helpful, the training was really informative and gave me a lot of experience. There was also a lot of fun around the workplace to balance out the negative contact from customers.
Pros
Lunches, free shirts, great pay
Cons
Unfriendly customer interactions
good people, stupid rating system
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON27 March 2017
it was a great palce to work but their scorecard really needs to change.good hours, awesome people just dumb scoring system. decent benefits workable hours.
productuve nad fun work place
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  philippines16 March 2017
goal oriented company
pays good
has lots of events for employees
good medical benefits
offers bonuses and commissions for selling products
working space is big enough
Pros
free coffee
Cons
graveyard

Ask a question about working or interviewing at STARTEK. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9