STARMAIL Employee Reviews in Canada

Stairmail Warehouse
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 26, 2016
Work place environment is excellent. Co-Workers, Supervisors and Managers are nice. The salary and pay are on point pays very well.
Growth and hard work
Newspaper Delivery (Former Employee) –  London, ONNovember 28, 2015
This was just a temporary job my sister and I did when we were little to earn some money. A typical day of work would be my sister, mom and I would get all these unfolded newspapers and we would have to organize them to put them together. When we finished we would wait until Saturday to go house to house inserting the newspapers into the mailboxes or someplace safe if the house didn't have a mailbox. It didn't really matter what the weather conditions were unless there was a thunderstorm we would do the route every Saturday. What I learned while doing the job is working with someone else was a lot better than working alone, even though the work was hard we were able to push through it. My co-worker was my sister and she was a big help. The hardest part of the job was sitting down for hours getting the newspapers organized and having to go house to house. My favorite part of the job was getting paid, we got $100 for the month but my sister and I split the money so I got $50 and she got $50.
Kept me productive
Paper Delivery (Former Employee) –  London, ONNovember 21, 2015
Working with STARMAIL kept me very productive every Thursdays. It also taught me how to be really organized. Also, the company was very friendly.
Pros
Physical activity
Cons
Dealing with bad weather, not enough papers
A good opportunity for young people to earn extra money and start out on their path to their future careers.
Flyer Carrier (Former Employee) –  London, ONAugust 10, 2015
A package of flyers would be delivered on Tuesday/Wednesday. I would have to sort and organize them to ensure every house assigned would receive all they needed. I had to deliver the flyers to the assigned houses by Thursday or Friday at the latest. Working here helped me gain a very strong work ethic and to understand the atmosphere of a typical work environment. It also provided me with a way to earn money when I was still very young and gain overall work experience. It just became very boring and took up a lot of time, especially since I was just a young kid.
Pros
Earn money, Work Experience
Cons
Very Low Salary, Long Hours, Short Time Limit
Good hours.
Courier (Former Employee) –  London, ONAugust 8, 2015
The hours were Ok. But for the amount of hours worked, pay was not on par. The company it self was good. Employees were nice and easy to talk to.
Pros
Only worked Wednesdays and Thursday
Cons
Was only payed $60 a month
It was a good job at the time, but not a good use of my skills
Newspaper Carrier (Former Employee) –  Strathroy, ONJune 15, 2015
Once a week on Thursday I would receive 6-7 bags of stacked flyers on my doorstep. I would put them together and deliver them to people who lived in my area the next day. It was difficult to pull a wagon of newspapers around behind me when it would snow or rain, but that wasn't much of an issue for me personally.
I liked this job at the beginning because they seemed like very nice people and very responsible, but after i was supposed to get paid (once every month) i received no pay cheque until months of calling and emailing the company, telling them that i hadn't been paid at all since i started my job.
I had to quit my job because i moved out of the delivery zone for my route, and i have not requested to get that job back.
Pros
I got to get exercise and see my neighbours
Cons
The weather conditions were tough to deal with at times
london free press
Newspaper Delivery (Former Employee) –  london onOctober 8, 2014
i wake up every at 3 am in the morning and deliver papers to houses no long hours and its only four hours of work a day
Pros
Cons
no long hours
Exceptional co-workers
Head of Assembly Logistics (Current Employee) –  London, ONJune 30, 2014
Co-workers are really the best part about working here, I have met some of the most interesting people. I love what I do, and Its has a very positive atmosphere.
Pros
awesome co-workers
Cons
stressful
DOG WORK
Flyer Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 16, 2014
good job if you're like 13 years old with parents that will help you
its a lot work but great if you like walking around the neighborhood in the summer
Pros
paycheck
Cons
low pay, to much work
Enjoyed working here because it was exercise to deliver the flyers.
Carrier (Former Employee) –  London, ONDecember 12, 2013
I enjoyed putting together all the flyers and delivering them. I liked this job but they paid you by how many flyers you had to deliver and how many houses you were delivering to. They did not pay you by the hour for how long it took to assemble the flyers and delivery them.
Pros
free exercise.
Cons
was only making $2.33/hr
Flyer Distributor (Former Employee) –  London, ONJuly 28, 2013
lots of work but a great first job gained a lot of independence from working there
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Annoying
newspaper carrier (Former Employee) –  London, ONJuly 11, 2013
It
is a pain
Lots of pain in body
You get paid really nothing
Hardest part was putting them together
Most enjoyable delivery
I woke up.and find the papers at my door step put them together in right order and next Day deliver them
First job
Carrier (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 11, 2013
A typical day at work would be folding papers at home properly and using time very wisely. I learned how to manage time well and also how to work independently. The hardest part about this job would have to be time managing, but the most enjoyable part would be handing out the paper to the people in my community.
Pros
interacting with the community
Cons
very poor pay, not being able to work in a work environment
Extra! Extra! Read All About It!!
Carrier (Former Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 19, 2012
I will be sent flyers for me to sort and send to the route I'm assigned at. I learned to be organized form doing these. The hardest part of the job is the rainy/snowy weather because they will destroy the papers. And the best part is getting exercise from walking with flyers with you.
Pros
easy to do
Cons
short hours, once a week work, bad weather
Hardworking
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 1, 2012
A typical day at work for this company only came around once a week but in that once a week time line i learned how to work in a really fast paced inviroment which is very controlled and organized by my self as for managment there wasent really any managment but for me i was my own boss to limits. i did not have any co-workers and the hardest part about the job was getting all your flyers organizing them putting them together and then sorting them out, the most enjoyable part about this job is going out and walking around delivering flyers.
Not a good place
Helper (Former Employee) –  London OnApril 21, 2012
The pay was not worth the work that they ask use to do. The management had no idea what to do and if you had a problem you would never talk to someone in person al ways recording. The only good part was that i was able to know that sales before anyon else did.

2.7