STARMAIL Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It was a good job at the time, but not a good use of my skills
Newspaper Carrier (Former Employee), Strathroy, ONJune 15, 2015
Pros: I got to get exercise and see my neighbours
Cons: The weather conditions were tough to deal with at times
Once a week on Thursday I would receive 6-7 bags of stacked flyers on my doorstep. I would put them together and deliver them to people who lived in my area the next day. It was difficult to pull a wagon of newspapers around behind me when it would snow or rain, but that wasn't much of an issue for me personally.
I liked this job at the beginning because they seemed like very nice people and very responsible, but after i was supposed to get paid (once every month) i received no pay cheque until months of calling and emailing the company, telling them that i hadn't been paid at all since i started my job.
I had to quit my job because i moved out of the delivery zone for my route, and i have not requested to get that job back.
A good opportunity for young people to earn extra money and start out on their path to their future careers.
Flyer Carrier (Former Employee), London, ONAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Earn money, Work Experience
Cons: Very Low Salary, Long Hours, Short Time Limit
A package of flyers would be delivered on Tuesday/Wednesday. I would have to sort and organize them to ensure every house assigned would receive all they needed. I had to deliver the flyers to the assigned houses by Thursday or Friday at the latest. Working here helped me gain a very strong work ethic and to understand the atmosphere of a typical work environment. It also provided me with a way to earn money when I was still very young and gain overall work experience. It just became very boring and took up a lot of time, especially since I was just a young kid.
Hardworking
Mail Clerk (Former Employee), London, ONSeptember 1, 2012
A typical day at work for this company only came around once a week but in that once a week time line i learned how to work in a really fast paced inviroment which is very controlled and organized by my self as for managment there wasent really any managment but for me i was my own boss to limits. i did not have any co-workers and the hardest part about the job was getting all your flyers organizing them putting them together and then sorting them out, the most enjoyable part about this job is going out and walking around delivering flyers.
First job
Carrier (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 11, 2013
Pros: interacting with the community
Cons: very poor pay, not being able to work in a work environment
A typical day at work would be folding papers at home properly and using time very wisely. I learned how to manage time well and also how to work independently. The hardest part about this job would have to be time managing, but the most enjoyable part would be handing out the paper to the people in my community.
Enjoyed working here because it was exercise to deliver the flyers.
Carrier (Former Employee), London, ONDecember 12, 2013
Pros: free exercise.
Cons: was only making $2.33/hr
I enjoyed putting together all the flyers and delivering them. I liked this job but they paid you by how many flyers you had to deliver and how many houses you were delivering to. They did not pay you by the hour for how long it took to assemble the flyers and delivery them.
Extra! Extra! Read All About It!!
Carrier (Former Employee), London, ONSeptember 19, 2012
Pros: easy to do
Cons: short hours, once a week work, bad weather
I will be sent flyers for me to sort and send to the route I'm assigned at. I learned to be organized form doing these. The hardest part of the job is the rainy/snowy weather because they will destroy the papers. And the best part is getting exercise from walking with flyers with you.
Not a good place
Helper (Former Employee), London OnApril 21, 2012
The pay was not worth the work that they ask use to do. The management had no idea what to do and if you had a problem you would never talk to someone in person al ways recording. The only good part was that i was able to know that sales before anyon else did.
Annoying
newspaper carrier (Former Employee), London, ONJuly 11, 2013
It
is a pain
Lots of pain in body
You get paid really nothing
Hardest part was putting them together
Most enjoyable delivery
I woke up.and find the papers at my door step put them together in right order and next Day deliver them
Kept me productive
Paper Delivery (Former Employee), London, ONNovember 21, 2015
Pros: Physical activity
Cons: Dealing with bad weather, not enough papers
Working with STARMAIL kept me very productive every Thursdays. It also taught me how to be really organized. Also, the company was very friendly.
Exceptional co-workers
Head of Assembly Logistics (Current Employee), London, ONJune 30, 2014
Pros: awesome co-workers
Cons: stressful
Co-workers are really the best part about working here, I have met some of the most interesting people. I love what I do, and Its has a very positive atmosphere.
Good hours.
Courier (Former Employee), London, ONAugust 8, 2015
Pros: Only worked Wednesdays and Thursday
Cons: Was only payed $60 a month
The hours were Ok. But for the amount of hours worked, pay was not on par. The company it self was good. Employees were nice and easy to talk to.
DOG WORK
Flyer Delivery Person (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 16, 2014
Pros: paycheck
Cons: low pay, to much work
good job if you're like 13 years old with parents that will help you
its a lot work but great if you like walking around the neighborhood in the summer
london free press
Newspaper Delivery (Former Employee), london onOctober 8, 2014
Pros: no
Cons: no long hours
i wake up every at 3 am in the morning and deliver papers to houses no long hours and its only four hours of work a day
n/a
Flyer Distributor (Former Employee), London, ONJuly 28, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
lots of work but a great first job gained a lot of independence from working there