STARMAIL Employee Reviews

it was fun
Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 December 2017
i liked working with them it was a great for exercise as well. I also liked working for them because they're good to have on as a previous employer. So hopefully my experience with them will continue onto other jobs.
Pros
Not strict hours
Extremely Underpaid
Newspaper Carrier (Former Employee) –  London, ON13 November 2017
They only pay for the hours of delivering, not including the 3-4 hours of packaging the flyers (which are delivered to your house in bundles). I earned approximately $80 per month, but the packaging (I had around 100 houses) takes 3-4 hours daily, they give you two days, (dropped off Tuesday, deliver Thursday, if I remember correctly). Then delivering takes 3-4 hours again (may be less or more depending on your route). In total approximately 6-8 hours weekly, which amounts to earning ~$4 per hour. Extremely underpaid; it is not worth the effort.
Pros
Easy to get the job
Cons
Long hours, underpaid
Left all the work to the carriers and not fun work whatsoever.
Paper Carrier (Former Employee) –  London, ON27 July 2017
The pay for the job did not justify the hours put into folding the various papers and having to deliver them. Carriers were left to their own devices on how to distribute them to the location. Starmail only provided the paper no other help in the work process.
starmail
Paper Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON21 June 2017
Every Wednesday and Friday Starmail would deliver the flyers in bags in my porch. From there I had to take each individual flyer and make them into bundles then begin to deliver the flyers around the neighbourhood
Pros
taught me punctuality and how to be reailbe at a young age
Cons
repetitive
fine job for a child or someone looking for spending money
Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 June 2017
job is fine as a means of disposable income but the monthly paycheck (and furthermore the amount displayed on it) are often disappointing and leave one dissatisfied with the work the find themselves doing.
Pros
minimal effort involved
Cons
pay is inconsistent and often minimal
Great job for extra money
Carrier (Current Employee) –  London, ON10 May 2017
Working as a carrier at starmail is very good for people who are looking for a small amount of money monthly without really doing much. I have this job along with another part time job and I have no problem getting flyers delivered on time.
Pros
Easy, basically get paid to go for a walk
Cons
Not a lot of money
Good starter job
Paper Carrier (Current Employee) –  London, ON31 March 2017
It's a good in-between or starter job. The hours are long and the pay isn't good, but you're left alone to do things as you like to do them. Everyone was very accommodating with anything I needed and there is a lot of opportunity to take on more responsibility.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Long hours and little pay
Low Communication and Lower Salary
Flyer Delivery (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 March 2017
I took a route at a young age, around 12 perhaps. There was a lack of communication, and when I did not receive enough flyers for all of my houses I was threatened with losing my job, even though I attempted to contact them and get enough flyers for the delivery day. I made about $80/month for 20+ hours of work/month, averaging to about $4/hour. I delivered to around 110 houses in my neighborhood, and had to constantly put myself in dangerous situations such as dealing with "leashed" dogs that could reach me/attack me. They also asked me to take two routes on Christmas, and I was constantly disrespected by the company.
I worked mostly from home...
Flyer Assembler (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 February 2017
My personal manager was exuberant and well-organized, however things somehow fell apart whenever he was away. The job was easy work but very time consuming.
Pros
Manage your own time
Cons
Takes up a lot of space
Good
Paper Route (Former Employee) –  London, ON17 November 2016
Hard work needs more pay it was graet working there i had alot of fun it gets boring but money is worth it it gets coold in the winter and hard to keep up with work it takes alot of energy its a great job for your first time and gives u alot of experience
Pros
Free days
Cons
Cold in winter
hard job
Newspaper Delivery Person (Current Employee) –  London, ON16 September 2016
This job requires a lot of time and it isn't a good job from the perspective of money. We get paid about 50$ a month and to make and deliver it takes a really long time.
Stairmail Warehouse
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 March 2016
Work place environment is excellent. Co-Workers, Supervisors and Managers are nice. The salary and pay are on point pays very well.
reptitive and dull and lacks excitement
Newspaper Carrier (Current Employee) –  Dorchester, ON16 March 2016
its repetitive and can be very dull. I haven't learned anything at the paper route. the hardest part is all the walking to house to house
Pros
short hours
Cons
low pay
Growth and hard work
Newspaper Delivery (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 November 2015
This was just a temporary job my sister and I did when we were little to earn some money. A typical day of work would be my sister, mom and I would get all these unfolded newspapers and we would have to organize them to put them together. When we finished we would wait until Saturday to go house to house inserting the newspapers into the mailboxes or someplace safe if the house didn't have a mailbox. It didn't really matter what the weather conditions were unless there was a thunderstorm we would do the route every Saturday. What I learned while doing the job is working with someone else was a lot better than working alone, even though the work was hard we were able to push through it. My co-worker was my sister and she was a big help. The hardest part of the job was sitting down for hours getting the newspapers organized and having to go house to house. My favorite part of the job was getting paid, we got $100 for the month but my sister and I split the money so I got $50 and she got $50.
Kept me productive
Paper Delivery (Former Employee) –  London, ON21 November 2015
Working with STARMAIL kept me very productive every Thursdays. It also taught me how to be really organized. Also, the company was very friendly.
Pros
Physical activity
Cons
Dealing with bad weather, not enough papers
A good opportunity for young people to earn extra money and start out on their path to their future careers.
Flyer Carrier (Former Employee) –  London, ON10 August 2015
A package of flyers would be delivered on Tuesday/Wednesday. I would have to sort and organize them to ensure every house assigned would receive all they needed. I had to deliver the flyers to the assigned houses by Thursday or Friday at the latest. Working here helped me gain a very strong work ethic and to understand the atmosphere of a typical work environment. It also provided me with a way to earn money when I was still very young and gain overall work experience. It just became very boring and took up a lot of time, especially since I was just a young kid.
Pros
Earn money, Work Experience
Cons
Very Low Salary, Long Hours, Short Time Limit
Good hours.
Courier (Former Employee) –  London, ON8 August 2015
The hours were Ok. But for the amount of hours worked, pay was not on par. The company it self was good. Employees were nice and easy to talk to.
Pros
Only worked Wednesdays and Thursday
Cons
Was only payed $60 a month
It was a good job at the time, but not a good use of my skills
Newspaper Carrier (Former Employee) –  Strathroy, ON15 June 2015
Once a week on Thursday I would receive 6-7 bags of stacked flyers on my doorstep. I would put them together and deliver them to people who lived in my area the next day. It was difficult to pull a wagon of newspapers around behind me when it would snow or rain, but that wasn't much of an issue for me personally.
I liked this job at the beginning because they seemed like very nice people and very responsible, but after i was supposed to get paid (once every month) i received no pay cheque until months of calling and emailing the company, telling them that i hadn't been paid at all since i started my job.
I had to quit my job because i moved out of the delivery zone for my route, and i have not requested to get that job back.
Pros
I got to get exercise and see my neighbours
Cons
The weather conditions were tough to deal with at times
london free press
Newspaper Delivery (Former Employee) –  london on8 October 2014
i wake up every at 3 am in the morning and deliver papers to houses no long hours and its only four hours of work a day
Pros
Cons
no long hours
Exceptional co-workers
Head of Assembly Logistics (Current Employee) –  London, ON30 June 2014
Co-workers are really the best part about working here, I have met some of the most interesting people. I love what I do, and Its has a very positive atmosphere.
Pros
Awesome co-workers
Cons
Stressful