Starbucks Employee Reviews

Fun but demanding
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC4 December 2017
typically I will run the shift, order supplies, organize where baristas are, deal with money such as balancing the safe and tills. i also take orders and make beverages.
Productive and a great place
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 December 2017
Great place overall but management needs some attention. Customers are great and co-workers make you feel like you're apart of a family, but management will have u feeling empty on false promises.
Pros
Great people, Great benefits
Cons
management
Tough at first, but the partners, guests, and the job itself made all of it worth it!
Barista (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC2 December 2017
I found it to be tough in the beginning, very fast-paced and demanding, but the partners quickly became family, all of the regulars became a part of everyday, and the job got easier with practice and some dedication, and the whole experience became more fun.
Pros
The family dynamic between partners and guests, a support team that is patient, supportive and welcoming, and getting to try all of the different coffees and pairings.
Cons
It was really tough and demanding in the beginning, fast-paced and both mentally and physically exhausting for the first while.
great company and job
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC1 December 2017
I loved my two years at Starbucks - It was so great company and culture to work for. I always had so much fun but also worked very hard.

I would definitely recommend a job at Starbucks for anyone who is working while going through school or if you need a flexible job.

the only negative was having a HORRIBLE district manager Taralynn Hall was the worst district manager i've ever had. Completely incompetent.
Pros
benefits, fun work, lots of opportunity
Fun flexible job for the person who loves new challenges
Barista/Barista Trainer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 December 2017
loved working at starbucks. the hours when i first started were amazing, there was so much to learn and do, i was never bored. it seems like a lot to take in when you start... but i promise you pick it up really fast.
you meet so many new fresh faces every day, on top of regulars... building relationships and learning orders is always so satisfying. i always found my coworkers were very supportive and fun to work with, management was always on top of everything behind the scenes to keep it all running smoothly.

best of luck to those applying!
Fun, Family work enviorment
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC28 November 2017
Fun to come to work each day and to work with such lovely partners and have the chance to speak with amazing customers.
Starbucks offers such great benefits for its employees that what you feel you put into the company they give back.
Pros
Work partners become Family
Cons
Management is constantly moving locations. Leaving you always with new managers.
fun place to work
Barista (Former Employee) –  Thompson, MB28 November 2017
liked working at starbucks.....
like all drinks over there...
i like cleanliness....
lots cleaning required every day schedule....
pay was just basic ....
Fun workplace
Barista (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC26 November 2017
Learning to make all the drinks and become a Barista was very fun. Interacting with guests and knowing the menu and up selling drinks or adding on a pastry always came in handy as well.
somewhat joyful
Barista (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 November 2017
You get to learn new skills. The management could be improved. The wages are nothing special. The hours are close to none and they pick favorites. The benefits are good though and workers become life long friends.
Starbucks
Barista (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 November 2017
Fun work environment and positive people working together. Health benefits as well as support from partners and the company. Recommended for a part-time job.
Pros
Proper breaks, benefits, great work environment
Loved working here
Barrie - Barista (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON24 November 2017
Working at Starbucks was a great experience for me. I was tired of working in unprofessional work places and working here gave me a professional work place experience. it was fun to work with a group of diverse individuals also.
Pros
paid 15 minute breaks and then the unpaid 30 minute break
Awesome job
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  San Salvador24 November 2017
Starbucks is a fun place to work. I enjoyed talking with regular customers. The management is great and easy to come to with problems. There are lots of opportunities to advance in the company.
lots of benefits however...
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 November 2017
Starbucks is a very great company to start with, they offer really great benefits to partners. I find it stops at that though, they do not offer performance based raises, it is such a huge company that it is easy to get lost in the politics of it. Forget what you can do and what you can bring, most of the times it's who you know and who knows who. And I'm talking about this at a retail level.
Pros
free drinks during your shift
Cons
politics
Busy but good place!
Barista (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 November 2017
Loved the people, flexible hours, Great medical and dental benefits available. Lots of opportunities to advance. Very busy during peak hours especially during the holidays. The first month was the hardest as there is so much to know ut once you get it, its a breeze.
Pros
Free Coffee, Good food discounts
Cons
Rude customers
quality brand but changing approach to customers that seems disingenuous
16 year partner (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 November 2017
culture of the company is positive and valuable leadership training is given. Most enjoyable part of the day is simply being in stores with the teams and sharing passion for coffee with customers.
Its a hard job with high expectations but with the right leadership it is a positive experience and the work is rewarding.
Expect long days and to work early mornings and weekends.
Pros
culture with peers positive, most of the time not micromanaged
Cons
very early mornings and long days /expectations are unrealistic
Good but hard
Certified Barista (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 November 2017
A good and easy job with fun coworkers but working at the airport if hard an stressful especially when you're inly two workers and theres 50 flights that morning.
Fun
BARISTA (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2017
Great experience, so many perks and rewards. great part time job and or full time job. Lots of room for advancement. community type of job. Can be a great Career.
Pros
Free coffee or tea per week, fun atmosphere, half price on all drinks.
Cons
Can feel overwhelming at times.
family business type environment, must be a people person
Supervisor/Barista Trainer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 November 2017
everyday is always fun and engaging. team feels like a family and very good benefits and perks especially if you're a student. if you're in need of extra hours they also let you work at other locations.
Pros
benefits, perks, pick up shifts, discounts
fun working here!
BARISTA (Current Employee) –  sick kids hospital21 November 2017
best of starter experience!
fun loving environment and you are able to make a connection on a daily basis!
plus cherry on the cake is the confidence it gave me!
Not the best place to work
barista (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 November 2017
Had a very negative experience when it came to management and other staff. I was given the chance to give my availability, however continuously got booked on days I said I could not work. Was then told I was responsible for those shifts even though I had other commitments. As well, when I gave my two weeks notice, I was given a very hard time by other staff members. I was verbally insulted and spoken down to. Did not enjoy the experience of my last month there.
Pros
Free drinks, great experience with multitasking skills and communitcation skills.
Cons
Would sometimes have shift cut last minute. Not enough staff on busy days.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.