Starbucks Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
not great to work for
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 27, 2016
they don't treat pregnant women very well
they just put up with them
they don't pay well either
they wouldn't let me have a bottle of water with me incase I needed it
Very fun work environment
Barista (Former Employee), Squamish, BCJanuary 26, 2016
Pros: benefits, and partner discounts
Cons: low wage.
I enjoyed the experience I gained working at Starbucks, all employees are trained to work together as a team, my only struggle was the wage wasn't competitive compared to our dedication to the job, and all of the responsibilities a barista takes on.
very kind enviorment and resepctful customers and employees
starbucks 130ave SE - Barista/Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 23, 2016
Pros: benefits, hours, pay, employee personality, cafe enviorment
Cons: sometimes rushed when busy and working alone, making drinks and operating the till
this was a very good job that fit well with my hours, the people I worked with very nice and joyful, good benefits, good pay, and all around amazing experience and place to work.
A job you can love!
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 23, 2016
Pros: Fun, Unique, Room for advancement, benefits packages and free coffee
Cons: Shift work
Starbucks provides a fun, fast paced work environment with room to grow and expand.

While working there, I learned how to become a barista and craft delicious espresso beverages.

I consistently worked with great managers who were eager to make sure their employees were happy and receiving enough work hours.

My co-workers were all fantastic and fun to work with and made every work day easy to get through.

The hardest part of the job is the RUSH hour, but it's still very manageable.

The most enjoyable part? The people!
productive and fun place to work
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 22, 2016
Pros: markout weekly
Cons: cut the time schedule if its not busy
I am working with an amazing team. We understand and respect each other and we value our customers. The management is great.The hardest part of the job is when its too busy and we there's not enough partners and that we have to multi task.The most enjoyable part of the job is everyone when we joke around and we have fun!
Energetic workplace with high demands
Store Manager (Current Employee), Ottawa East, ONJanuary 22, 2016
Pros: Excellent benfits
Cons: Long hours
I am currently still employed by Starbucks, but looking for other opportunities to better suit my living conditions. I have a young family and the work life balance has made spending time with my family difficult.
Fun workplace
Barista (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: 3 free drinks, before, during and afer shift is over and a pound of coffee every week
-Everyone was so welcoming to my start date
-Helpful partners in every way
-Easy going work place
-non judgmental
-busy, busy days from Monday to Friday, a constant line up out the door
-The hardest part of the job was probably learning how to and use this list of when jobs need to be done
-Most enjoyable job was having the regular customers welcome me, encourage me with how well I am doing with making their drinks, very friendly
amazing work environment,fast paced, good energy
Barista (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 19, 2016
Pros: Free drinks
Cons: had to start very early in the morning
I had a great exsperiance working at Starbucks. The entire team was energetic, kept on their toes, and very nice. I learned alot about customer relationship, that its important to have that.
One of the hardest parts of the job is memorization.
Typical day at work
Barista (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 19, 2016
I got to make drinks to customers and since I worked there for a long time I got to know the customers personally where I got to learn new things from customers as well.
Excellent
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 19, 2016
Pros: benefits are amazing
Cons: hours can be odd
Starbucks is amazing the benefits are great and the work hours are generous. The team makes the biggest difference though, I am constantly motivated by my team to do my very best.
It is a fun workplace
Barista (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 16, 2016
1. Learned Canadian customer service.
2. Became a good team player
3. Realized the importance of SOP
4. A friend and kind atmosphere in the workplace
Great place to meet people
manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 16, 2016
A great place to work if you are a student or want part time employment within the Starbucks. With in Safeway the moral is low and unfriendly.
Productive Workplace
Barista & Cashier (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCJanuary 9, 2016
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: Long Hourse
I have learned many things and helped a lot of people. I built relationships with customers, i treated them more than just a transaction.
free coffee
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Victoria, BCJanuary 7, 2016
i have worked at multiple stores and have always enjoyed the employee atmosphere. they treat their employees well, although i feel its easier to be a pawn in the corporation than want to move up and be successful if you are happy going to work everyday and doing your job great but if you want to further yourself through starbucks i have been met by many walls and feel that the company has let down the employees that are actually trying hard, and want to be there
A 5* Company
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Victoria, BCJanuary 7, 2016
Pros: Great work environment
Cons: Shift patterns can vary
Starbucks is a great company to work for. From the first interview you really get a feel for the working environment and the type of person Starbucks employs.
There is a lot of training involved even in the most basic role, so be prepared for many hours of reading and writing (most of which is done on a computer). This is all done within your work hours though, so you are paid for your time.
The hardest part of the job is making sure all the daily tasks are completed on time. Starbucks has a strict but very effective schedule.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with some of the friendliest people on the planet. From customers to barista's to upper management, Starbucks its easily on of the best places I have worked.
Student Job
Barista-Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 6, 2016
Pros: Health Benefits
Cons: Horrible Schedules
I would say that overall Starbucks was a perfect place to work while one is studying. But when transitioning into an adult working life, it provides neither job security or piece of mind. Schedules are badly managed and hours aren't regular and it really is up to you to make up and find your own hours.
Amazing people! Fast pace!
Barista (Current Employee), Sherwood Park, ABJanuary 6, 2016
Pros: Free drinks on shift, and discounts on EVERYTHING!
Cons: Whiny Customers
A typical work day at Starbucks involves a mix of running around trying to keep all beverage components stocked, brewing coffee constantly, making specialty drinks, handling customer complaints and having fun with people who have not only become my friends, but my family.

I have learned how to respond to customers and communicate with them effectively. I have learned how to handle complaints efficiently. I have learned how to make delicious drinks!

In my time here, I have become frustrated with how the assistant manager treats the people under her. Our general manager is fantastic and a wonderful person, and at the same time tough, strict and to the point.

The hardest part of the job is how fast paced it can be at times, and keeping customers happy in the busy periods, this is also the most enjoyable part of the job because it provides a constant challenge that you need to meet.
long shifts, sometimes fast paced.
Barista (Former Employee), St. Albert, ABJanuary 6, 2016
Typical day at work would consist of just making drinks and keeping the work area clean. I learned how to make a variety of drinks. Management was good, never has a problem and they were very understanding in some situations. My co-workers were decent. Sometimes they wouldnt show up for shifts so that became an issue. Hardest part was getting to and from work because I lived on the other side of town. And as a full-time student it was difficult to get to work RIGHT after school. The hours were inconvenient in the sense that on school days I would either work at 3PM or not at all because they closed at 7. (I worked at a Starbucks in a Safeway). But the most enjoyable part was making some new relationships with the customers.
Fun work Environment, with mixed messages from head office
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 6, 2016
It was a fun job, I would certainly go back. There were some mixed messages down the communication train from head office. I believe this is due to head office workers not knowing about how things work on the floor day to day.
Fun,Family like atmoshpere
Team Leader (Former Employee), LeaderJanuary 5, 2016
Pros: activity calander of fun and free lunches
Cons: sore closed, had to start over again after making great repore with all the employees
Could always have someone to rely on,enjoyed interacting with all the guests in the store and seeing all of the regulars everyday. The team was more then just co-workers it was more of a family. The hardest part of the job would be how busy it was with not enough hours to schedule to have more employees to work.
Revenue