Starbucks Employee Reviews

Found 1,356 reviews matching the search
values
Barista Trainer (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC1 August 2017
Working at Starbucks has allowed me to grow both in the workplace and as an individual. through my training and time spent at this place of work I have learned many valuable lessons which will allow me to offer a viewpoint from both a work savvy and personal opinion in any situation in which I am faced with
Pros
Health benefits, Discount
Cons
Wage
Great though not as advertised
Barista (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL31 July 2017
I very much enjoyed working for Starbucks. I was sad to leave when I had to move provinces. I was frustrated when my manager neglected to file the paperwork for my transfer properly and more frustrated when corporate told me to move back to the province to get my job back.
Pros
Partner mark-outs
Cons
Irresponsible management
Friendly and Productive
Barista (Former Employee) –  10 Dundas St. E31 July 2017
Great people to work with! really makes you wanna be at work. Customers always kept me on my toes. Loves my usuals and loved the crazies! Loved loved loved it there!
good working environment fun and exciting daily life
Barista (Former Employee) –  villagio mall qatar31 July 2017
Having a good and safe working environment and fun exciting daily life.Every staff have value their efforts to the company to give a quality services.
Pros
free staff meal
Cons
long hours for special events its normal to us
Amazing job
Barista (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 July 2017
You'll have a lot of fun as a barista. I had a really great time and learned so much. The customers are fun and exciting and they make your job easy to do.
Great company
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON30 July 2017
This was the favorite job I have had learnt so much while keeping in a fun and family-like environment!!!

WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND ANYONE WORK THERE!!!!
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
Hard to move up
Teavana
Teavana (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 July 2017
I Loved working there a lot of pressure in sales though. Even though I exceeded my sales I was still under constant pressure to do more sell more and there was a guilt put on you if a potential sale walked out the store, it took the fun out of sharing your love for tea with people and the pressure to sell became too much, but everyone you work with constantly encourages you to do better so it was a very positive work place to be in
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Sales pressure
fun place to work , lots of learning but long hours
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 July 2017
Management is good but it does not spend time on manager's training. too much pressure. no family life , you work 50-70 hours and get paid for 40. staffing is the biggest issue. lots of sick call and some days you are working double shifts.
Pros
free coffee, new stuff
Cons
long hours, unreal sales targets, management not available when need them
great work environment
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 July 2017
good place to work but advancement takes a while sometimes, lots of cool people who work here, easy going, i love the rush of having to serve the morning rush
Progressive and innovative with heart
Regional Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 July 2017
Lots of opportunity for advancemnt and growth. Great medical benefits , free coffee. I never really realized how expensive good coffee was until I left and had to pay full price!

Want to know more about Starbucks?

Ask a question
good experience
Barista (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC21 July 2017
Loved the coworkers I had. Great experience and great place to learn new skills. Management was not the best with training and communication but hours were flexible and accommodating
Pros
great work environment
Cons
management
Barista
Barista (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 July 2017
Very enjoyable

Everyone is super helpful and everyday u learn a new skill
Its a perfect job to learn multitasking and interpersonal skills
Also the policies for employees are very well conceived
Fast
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 July 2017
Make sprints at Starbucks was amazing a very fast-paced environment great music good people great coffee free drinks I just love that much fun but unfortunately I was just too big for the small environment so I had to find something bigger and better.
Pros
Good Pepole
Cons
Bad peploe
good times
Assistant Manager/Coffee Master (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON20 July 2017
it's like seeing all your best friends at work all day and even though you work it doesn't feel like work. The people make the job the best, so you go home feeling great.
Pros
free drinks and market
Cons
low pay
Amazing place
Barista (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 July 2017
One of the best places to work for! There are some cons - like every job placement, but this place was the best. There are times when employees don't have an idea of what their doing and don't try to fix that, and some managers aren't aware of what to do with their management position. Other than that; Starbucks is one of the best places to work for.
Pros
Free coffee, easily schedules
Cons
Inexperienced workers
Starbucks is a great place to work
Barista (Current Employee) –  Calgary19 July 2017
I've been at starbucks for almost 3 years and I've enjoyed it in the past. I like the people I work with and the regulars I've got to know over the years. The jobs is doable but does get stressful at times, therefore employees need to be able to work in a fast-paced environment. The issues are that most locations don't offer full-time work to baristas which has resulted in a signficant drop in morale in the past year.
Pros
benefits, flexible hours
Cons
stressful at times, baristas do not get full time hours
awesome
Barista (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 July 2017
fast-paced, great teaching system, great people to work with, awesome customers, nice and busy location, they work with the hours of your other job. great place to work.
Fun place to work, but wages aren't that great.
Barista/Barista Trainer (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC19 July 2017
I have been with the company for four years, and I love working at my store because of all the amazing partners I get to work with. Starbucks is great for the fact that they have great benefits such medical benefits, free coffee every week, free drinks during your shifts, and discounts as well. I'm sure every store and manager is different, but they have always given me the hours and work days that I need/want. One of the only negative things about the company is their wages. Their barista wages start at minimum wage and then increase twice a year.
Pros
medical benefits, discounts, free drinks while working
Cons
low wages
Very welcoming and friendly environment.
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vernon, BC18 July 2017
Great place to work with fun co-workers and regular customers. Good benefits, and opportunities to further your career either at Starbucks or elsewhere
Pros
Free drinks on working days, flexible scheduling, partial tuition reimbursement, medical and dental (depending on hours worked), bean stock percentages, and weekly markouts (coffee, tea)
Cons
VERY sticky sometimes on bar while it's busy, occasional demanding/demeaning customer, some complicated drinks
Not what I thought it would be
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC18 July 2017
Joined as an assistant with the promise of promotion within 6 months but have yet to see any movement. Asked for a transfer to a store closer to home and was moved further away.
Pros
Free beverage on breaks
Cons
No work life balance. Lots of OT

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.