Starbucks

Starbucks Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Starbucks - Barista
Barista (Former Employee), British ColumbiaNovember 6, 2013
Great company to work for - busy locations but great teamwork and leadership
Barista
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), London, ONNovember 5, 2013
Making hand crafted beverages for the customers.
working with a team
Great Culture. Great People.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 4, 2013
Pros: a pound of coffee or free box of tea a week, full health benefits if you work more than a certain amount of hours a week.
Cons: just the pay, you need to be at least an asm to support yourself comfortably.
Everything but the pay is wonderful, but that's just retail. There's actually a lot of areas for growth and advancement for a motivated individual. Starbucks usually hires really great people.
Fun Workplace
Barista and Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), OttawaOctober 31, 2013
Pros: the employees
Cons: the hours and wage
Worked with the most amazing people. Enjoyed the interactions. Most difficult part was moving up within the company.
Fun job in exciting environment
Barista (Current Employee), Edmonton ABOctober 26, 2013
Pros: benefits, free drinks on-shift, positive and enjoyable environment
Cons: fast paced, stressful
Excellent place to work for a student and or coffee lover, with room for career advancement. Fast pace and customer service standards can be stressful and entry level salary is low, but part-time employees can enjoy benefits and stock options, and co-workers are almost always enjoyable to work with.
Enjoyable work environment, fast paced.
Barista (Current Employee), Lethbridge, ABOctober 24, 2013
My current position is absolutely great! It is a fast paced work experience where you are required to complete task correctly and quick. Co-workers are great, great team work. As well the management is excellent working with my availability and requests.
Comfortable, Set up for Success
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCOctober 22, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: low hourly
Awesome training and growth opportunities. No compensation for increase of sales. Great Marketing that keeps your store busy.
Overview
Barista (Former Employee), Victoria, BCOctober 7, 2013
Pros: good customer relations
Cons: shortage of hours
When I was working at Starbucks, I worked with a very good team of guys and girls. We were all very calm under pressure. There was an amazing support from the team. However, the team could get quite segregated, making one feel left out at times.

I could embrace my creative side while I was here, and I enjoyed seeing my regulars.
Great Company & Great People
Barista (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 5, 2013
Starbucks is a accomplished company that has store all over the world. It doesn't require much of a explanation because everyone know Starbucks and where it stands.
continuous learning and fun workplace
Barista (Current Employee), Salmiya, HASeptember 26, 2013
Pros: free coffee
Cons: long hours
Everyone gets to learn something useful from from every partner.
There is good teamwork and cooperation from everyone. It's always busy everyday but still enjoyable because of our regular customers who appreciate our effort to make them happy. The hardest part of the job is working for long hours with shortage of the number of partners.
A fun place to work with awesome people.
o Barista (Current Employee), 5140 Yonge Street TorontoSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: free drinks, and free pounds of coffee.
Cons: hard work, long hours, wears down on the legs.
A typical day at Starbucks is not a thing that happens, something new happens all the time, that's why I love it. I have learned to be patient with myself and that multitasking is a handy tool. Management at my store is amazing they act more like friends than your boss. In fact everyone acts like friends the co-workers are the best part, they are always – more... outgoing and friendly. The hardest part is having to run around all the time, wears down the legs. The most enjoyable part is the customers they rock and treat you like friends, I love my regulars. – less
Okay place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 24, 2013
Great place to work if you're not a manager. Take great care of their people, but ask for managers to do too much with too little.
Amazing workplace
Barista (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCSeptember 20, 2013
Pros: free coffee!
I learned so much at Starbucks. I learned to connect with customers on a level above simply serving coffee. I learned to value the customer view of a display and the atmosphere of a business rather than simply the staffs view. I learned to work with various types of people and personalities and adapt to different environments. It was an amazing place – more... to work but I'm ready for somewhere new. – less
Coffee & Wonderful people.
Shift Supervisor/Barista (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: benefits, free coffee
Cons: low pay, little opportunity to advance
I work very hard at a busy downtown location.
I serve both regulars & tourists. I handle cash transactions, customer service, make beverages & clean the store. I love my customers & my co workers. I love a giant soy latte.
Fun workplace full of activities
Customer Service (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 14, 2013
A typical day at work is when you see regular customers and start their order before they enter to the store
I have learned customer service within the standards of the company, a fast pace environment
Starbucks is a fun environment all work as one team
The most enjoyable part of the job is to follow up the changes in each season with different flavors, – more... remembering customers and their names and favorite order
I couldn't find any hard part in the job – less
good
Barista (Former Employee), calgary, ABSeptember 13, 2013
Pros: free coffee flexible hours
Cons: low pay
the entire barista coffee lounge culture was not a fit for me but for many it is their ideal situation.
Starbucks is a very structured environment with emphasis on training.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), London, ONSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: employee recognition.
This was a very fast paced place to work. Daily smart goals are set and achieved. Making a connection with customers was very fulfilling. There is always a well trained management team at any Starbucks.
Good Values poor management
Barista (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 9, 2013
Cons: odd hours
Great smell of coffee greats you when you enter, you get your apron and sign in and your supervisor lets you know what section your going to stay (usually favoritism had a lot to do with this) the hardest part was dealing with the favoritism and racism I had to deal with. The most enjoyable part- the smell of coffee.
These statistics are all the result of a personalization strategy I have brought to this store. We’re not just selling a product; we’re selling an ide
Barista (Former Employee), Dubai, DUSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: free house, service
Cons: 8hrs
Since I was promoted to the manager position last year, there has been a sharp increase in sales—particularly over the last two quarters. Our conversion rate hasn’t dipped below 70 percent, and we’ve met segment goals in each department 80 percent of the time, which is the highest percentage in our region.
enjoyable environment and people but marginal pay.
Barista (Former Employee), CalgarySeptember 3, 2013
Pros: free coffee
Cons: standing in place for hours.
Starbucks was a place I developed my skills in speaking with people . There was a lot of fun to be had enjoying the job and the customers who came in. One of the goals of running a coffee shop is making sure the people who come leave more happy than they came.

About Starbucks

Our employees, who we call partners, are at the heart of the Starbucks Experience. We believe in treating our partners with respect – Read more