Starbucks Employee Reviews

Found 1,257 reviews matching the search
Excellent if you are into the coporate life
Operations Specialist/Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 June 2017
Great experience great training. I find more suited for those that are single and have no time restrictions. There is room for advancement and they encourage personal and professional growth. I obtained great transferable skills.
Pros
stock options, great company culture
Cons
demanding at times, competative
Alright
Barista (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON7 June 2017
New management made the plaza go downhill and quick, they have a lack of empathy, and don't really care how many hours you put in that you are not thanked for, underappreciated is why they have such a high turnover rate. Customers are constantly rude to you and the management doesn't help you deal with it, and as more people leave it gets worse and worse for wait times.
Pros
meet very nice coworkers, and forever friends
Cons
Long hours, expected to stay even when you have other commitments, underappreciated
fun to work at starbucks
BARISTA/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 June 2017
its nice to make customized coffee to customers and be part of their everyday life. When you get to know the customer they become your friends eventually.
Productive workplace - great staff
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 June 2017
prepared coffee drinks by following recipes and preparation techniques. Generated revenue by attracting new customers; defined new and expanding services/products. Sold products to customers in a courteous and friendly manner. Participated in all sales promotions effectively and efficiently .Responded pro-actively to customer service situations .Completed accurate sales transactions with customers. Maintained a high standard of cleanliness throughout the facility. I liked working for Starbucks, I learned a lot, and made lots of good experience.
Fast Pace Work Environment
Kelowna - Barista/ Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC6 June 2017
Customer service oriented job, great for those in school or those looking to make a career out of it. This job has some great perks, one of my favourite parts of it was getting to know all the regulars in my home store.
Pros
30% off when not working, free pound of coffee or tea a week, free drinks during, before and after your shift and benefits for part time employees.
Cons
long hours, early hours
Great Part-time/full-time
Customer Service / Barista (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 June 2017
Flexibility in terms of schedule. fast-paced work environment. Clients and customers are first and great corporate culture. Employees are treated well.
I absolutely love it!!
Barista (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB6 June 2017
The store I work at is awesome. Managers strive to make schedules work around you availability! Overall atmosphere is amazing. I've worked at many coffee shops, and Starbucks is by-far the best.
Pros
Lots of discounts and free stuff!
Cons
Closing until 10:30.
Engaging work with terrible management and culture.
Barista (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC5 June 2017
If the job were jus taking orders and making drinks it would be perfect, but corporate and store management sets unrealistic goals and blames baristas when they aren't me. Corporate policy also breeds entitled customers - I am experienced in customer service and was never allowed to be disrespected as much as I was here. The corporate policy of 'making the moment right' means that you can get in trouble for enforcing health and safety policies. I have been discouraged from filing incident reports with WorkSafe BC and calling for proper biohazard cleanup, and had a customer who was banned for sexually assaulting a barista be unbanned by upper management with an apology for the inconvenience to him. The baristas and shift supervisors I've worked with have been the best coworkers of my life, I enjoy the fast pace, and the benefits make Starbucks a great option for anyone who isn't covered by a parent or spouse's plan or has children, but be prepared to need to insulate yourself from the workplace culture.
Pros
Great benefits, free drinks, free coffee beans
Cons
Breeds bad customers, poor management, unfair pressure.
Cleaning Tables
Volunteer Experiences (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC5 June 2017
I don't recommend this job, I didn't have any positive things to say about the job so I instead have decided to talk about the joys of Spaghetti. It's delicious, Spaghetti is rich in flavour and nutrients, especially if you make a wonderful meat sauce comprised of sausage and garlic, it's to die for. And also, if you put a bit of Parmesan and black pepper in there, you can really maximize the flavour. I'll give Spaghetti 5 stars out of 5.

Starbucks isn't for everybody.
Overall a good place to work at
Certified Barista Trainer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 June 2017
It's a great place to work with great benefits. It also depends who is running the store and your managers on the success of the store. One of the great things is that all starbucks follow the same standards so you can work at different starbucks to pick up shifts
It's a interesting job
Barista (Current Employee) –  Kildonan Crossing, MB31 May 2017
- it's a very relaxing job on slow days but really stressful during really busy days such as promotional events and holidays.

- Great work environment

- Really enjoyable on some days
Pros
you get great tips on most days
Cons
a lot of stress on long busy shifts
Good
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 May 2017
I liked working at the Starbucks company it got me to learn skills for making beverages, the management wasn't best the manger left then the person who was suppose to be manger never came in, hardest part of the job was standing for 7 hours In a day, but at the end of the day I was happy serving people
Pros
30 mins lunch
Cons
good hours
Great Experience
Barista (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 May 2017
Working at Starbucks was the best decision of my life! I had a great experience at Starbucks. I improved my customer service skills and I had many lovely customer who would come to our location just because my co workers and I were so friendly!
Fast Paced and Exciting Place of Work
PARTNER, CASHIER, AND BARISTA (Former Employee) –  225 Lakeshore Oakville, ON31 May 2017
I found that working at Starucks opened me up to a community of hard working individuals who enjoyed working in the customer service industry. I gained the value of hard work and the importance of being a genuine and diligent staff member.
Excellent place to build a career
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC31 May 2017
Outstanding culture and great place to work. Lots of room for growth and advancement for those willing to work hard and great the companies signature Third Place
Fun environment
Barista/ Barista trainer (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC30 May 2017
I love working at Starbucks. It has made me more confident in talking to people. It also has taught me to working in a fast pass environment. Overall, it is an amazing job and I would highly recommend it.
No security for managers
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 May 2017
Hours can be long, the company discourages managers working overtime, however, the amount of "off the floor" time is insufficient to meet all job requirements (eg, coaching, scheduling, payroll, inventory management, etc). You get free coffee, though.
Progressive and Supportive
Bilingual Inside Sales Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 May 2017
- Excellent work environment
- Supportive and open culture
- Promotes professional and personal development
- Passionate and highly motivated personnel
Great place of work
Barista - Customer Service Lead (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 May 2017
Starbucks carries many different positions within the floor. My Favorite part of the job was engaging with customers and my least favorite part of the job was cleaning the bathrooms.
Pros
free drinks
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2