Starbucks Employee Reviews in Canada

Great team atmosphere.
Shift Supervisor/Barrista (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 12, 2016
High volume, production atmosphere. I love seeing the regular customers and fulfilling their needs.
Useful training and flexible scheduling is wonderful.
Pros
Anytime discount.
Cons
Pay is not flexible
Fast paced fun place to work
Barista/Captain (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONApril 11, 2016
Shifts were all over the place. Not great doing a close/open. Learned more about coffee than I ever knew before. Hardest part of the day was sometimes never getting a lunch because it was so busy. Loved the people I worked with.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
erratic hours
The job comes with many benefits and is very flexible! Great for students!
Barista/Barista Trainer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 11, 2016
The hardest and yet the best part of the job are the customers. We get difficult particular customers but we also get great customers who become friends. My co-workers are fantastic and they are what keeps me at the job. we also get stock grants, and discounts on stocks. Part-time employees are also eligible for benefits after 3 months. Every 6 months you get a review where depending on your overall score you get a raise (usually 20 cents, not much but something). If you choose to go further you can be promoted to shift supervisor where the base pay is $13. Hours are very flexible at Starbucks. Managers and district managers (like a general manager but we call then district managers) are all very approachable.
Pros
5 free drinks per shift and 30% off all purchases
Cons
always on your feet running up and down
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 9, 2016
Starbucks is a great work environment with great customers alike. The Baristas create great relationships with customers to make everyone feel welcome.
Pros
Free WiFi
Cons
Noisy
Hotel with high customer focus, but lacks an engaging culture
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  London, ONApril 9, 2016
Work is emphasized strongly without much space for cooperation. The culture can be improved as any employees negatively view their work environment.
great place to work
Barista / Barista Trainer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 7, 2016
- fast paced job where the staff is really close!
- free drinks!
- fun customer interactions (if you enjoy that)
- hardest part was the long standing
Pros
free drinks, health benefits, room for hours
Cons
becoming a lot more corporate, hard to move up, little pay increases, FRAPPY HOUR
It's a Fun work place. But
Shift Supervisor/Key-holder (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCApril 6, 2016
I love working at Starbucks. Love the people that I work with, the customers that I deal with. I would just like to say that maybe having to choose an option of having a higher Pay, rather than profit sharing, would benefit the partners who would love to stay with the Company, and also be eligible to potentially sign up for a car or a house or something that we can Tie into our names. instead of being paid "minimum".

The reason I would leave this company is for the reason of Job Advancement. Your Own manager will promise you a lot of things, and will make you think you are ready, and then you wait for things to start rolling. But nothing is actually going on still.
You get to meet a lot of people.
Certified Barista (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 6, 2016
Amongst regulars you will be able to build unique relationships built around positivity as well as genuine interest. These are the best benefits at working at a place such as Starbucks.
Fun environment
Barista (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 5, 2016
I really enjoyed the people I worked with and the experience I had working at starbucks. I believe it gave me good experience to go and apply to similar customer service jobs in confidence.
Enjoyable and Great Environment
Barista (Seasonal Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONApril 5, 2016
Working at Starbucks is an amazing experience. The people who work there are very friendly and helpful to new employees. Although the management is very strict, they do still respect your personal struggles (ie. mental health). Helping the customers and learning how to make the drinks is by the far the most enjoyable.
Internship in Housekeeping Department
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 2, 2016
Un- payed internship.
Performing as room attendant as a main job.
Along the work I would be given jobs as house person, laundry room attendant.
Great Place to Start Working Career
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONApril 2, 2016
- chance to hone customer service skills
- proven leadership
- excellent perks
- excellent mangement team
- customers are great!
Barista (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMarch 30, 2016
Get benefits even for part time partners. Really accommodating to your personal life schedule. Able to relocate/ transfer to locations all over canada which is super awesome if you plan on moving
Great workplace!
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBMarch 29, 2016
Starbucks is a great place to work! the benefits are great, the opportunities are innumerable, the wage is slightly better than minimum! my only complaint would be the inconsistent availability of hours, and slow to the draw management. over all, my experience working at Starbucks has been the best work experience I've had.
Pros
Free drinks, universal 30% employee discount, great employee benefits.
Cons
Not enough hours!
Great general work experience
Shift Supervisor/Barista (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 29, 2016
Starbucks gives you many great opportunity, including general skills development such as customer service, people skills and time management. Company is very organized and training is very easily followed. The hardest part of the job is time management, because you need to be able to manage your time properly whilst maintaining the quality of your work.
Wonderful work environment, great management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 29, 2016
Absolutely love the customers

Amazing team to work with

This company works around your school schedule

Great management

you are responsible for counting your till at the end of every shift

Amazing training provided
Pros
free lunches
Customers service
Barista (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 28, 2016
I have enjoyed working part of the starbucks team where every day as a new challenge. The team is managed and coordinated well. All my co-workers are friendly and I get along with them all. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the challenges. However, one always can learn from mistakes and try ti improve themselves.
There is no place like it
Barista (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 28, 2016
I haven't worked for many companies but i would have to say Starbucks is the most fun! You can be yourself and make friends with not only your co-workers but the customer as well.
Pros
the culture
Cons
early mornings
A Great Company That Wants The Best For You
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 27, 2016
When you arrive at Starbucks everyday, you know you're walking into a positive environment. You always have the same connection with your customers, which at Starbucks is above and beyond satisfaction. I've learned how to manage my time effectively and have gained the extensive customer service experience needed to take me to the next level. Management and partners are always great to be around. Nothing is ever hard working for the company; aside from my specific location. In the heart of Toronto, we have a lot of homeless and underprivileged adults that come in and some times cause a disruption but sometimes just need a place to sit or have a glass of iced water. I've learned how to work in those tough situations and have learned how to keep our store and employees safe. I brag to my friends on how great of a company it is to work for. The most enjoyable part for me is connecting with my customers while attempting my latte art! That's all from me!
Pros
Pastries at the end of the night, discounts outside of Starbucks, 30% Off all Starbucks merch and beverages
They ight
Barista (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKMarch 27, 2016
it was an aright place to work . i meet new people both bad and good but most of the time it will be good. yes and that pretty much all the is so if your not really a peoples person then it wont be for you.