Starbucks Employee Reviews

Found 1,362 reviews matching the search
Great flexible job if you can keep up
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee) –  North York, ON15 August 2017
You're always expected to make a connection with every single customer even if your line is out the door. Always been extremely flexible with me for scheduling. I work at a busy location which almost always has a line, never a second to spare. Love my free drinks & coffee
Pros
Free drinks while working, Free 1lb of coffee every week
Cons
Always busy
Safe and fun work environment
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON14 August 2017
Starbucks has a very structured schedule for every shift. For each shift, baristas and supervisors are each assigned a role. For example, order support, customer support, bar, on till. This makes the work environment less stressful, and more organized, and ensures positive feedback from customers. The workplace is a safe environment, and fun with the customer service aspect of the job.
Fun to work at
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 August 2017
Customers of Starbucks are nicer, and my coworkers doesn't treat me as coworkers but as a teammate. And my manager is able to accommodate my availability.
Worst place to work!!
Shift Supervisor/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 August 2017
Very bad management
A lot of pressure at work, over scheduling you, they don't care if you're part-time, they'll still give you full time hours
Never get appreciated or rewarded for the hard work you put into for the day
Overall worst place to work!
over worked under paid
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 August 2017
Pretty great as a barista, Job loses appeal as you climb the ladder.Hours are pretty flexible and pay is half decent. Good benefits and perks of the job
Productive Work place
Barista/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 August 2017
Busy, work environment, opportunities to move up with the company, flexible hours for students, good increase in salary and job allows an individual to learn multiple skills.
Pros
Good benefits, advancement and learn multiple useful skills.
Cons
Depending on the location, can be stressful.
The poorest rich company in the world.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC11 August 2017
Everyone thinks Starbucks is a large rich powerful company but as a store manager I had little payroll to run my store. I was shocked by the culture behind the scenes vs public perception.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Behind the scenes culture
Fast paced environment, mixed type of customers to deal with
Coffee Master, Barista (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON9 August 2017
A good job if you enjoy fast paced environments and coffee. You pretty much have to love coffee to work there (or tea, at least).

The job advancement wasn't common other than positions opening up supervisor. Moving beyond that was rare, but not impossible.

Overall, a decent job to have.
Pros
Free coffee during shifts, discounts at any location at any time of employment
Cons
No flexible or consistent hours.
Bad company
Barista (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 August 2017
They fired me while I was pregnant instead of the girl stealing from the job because I was still on probation after they hired too many employees after another Starbucks closed down.
Benefits
Cons
No care for their employees
amazing plae to work at
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 August 2017
team work
great advancements
amazing scholarships
great training
amazing staff and management
easy to gain the customer service and retail skills one need to start off with in a career
Fun place to work!
Barista (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 August 2017
Different position throughout the shifts, which means it never get boring. Generally fun place to work, have lots of things that needs to get done. Can be pretty stressful at times when it gets busy, but people are generally nice, nothing too extreme.
Pros
Free beverages and 30% of everything else
Cons
inconsistent hours
Decent workplace
Barista (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2017
I believe it is a nice place to work, but it would be more satisfying if the people surrounding you were friendly and understanding. The break times were also a bit unfair.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Very short breaks
Starbucks Team
Barista (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC9 August 2017
A day a Starbucks is a very upbeat and exciting experience. I have enjoyed all my time at Starbucks I love it so much and i can't think of any other way to thank everyone of my partners at Starbucks everyday for being such fun and loving people to working with.
Fast pace work place with opportunities to work with amazing people
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 August 2017
Although shift supervisors get paid only a little over minimum wage, with much responsibility, the job has given me many skills, from customer service to cash management and how to deal with very difficult situations. The management is different with every store manager but usually is overall good. The hardest part of the job is not being allowed to defend ones self when being treated horribly. The most enjoyable part of the job is the friendships that are made with coworkers and sometimes customers.
Pros
Free drinks, free coffee, stocks, benifits
Cons
hard work with little pay
good work space
Barista (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 August 2017
great place to work, amazing benefits. Management could be better. most enjoyable part of the job is the people you meet along the way. Whether that be your coworkers or customers.
Easy going
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Grimsby, ON6 August 2017
Although it may get stressful at times, for the most part it's pretty fun! I usually love the people I am working with and if I decide to travel to another province there is always opportunity to transfer to another Starbucks with out any issues.
Pros
Free Dinks
fun place to work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC4 August 2017
i had many good memories working for starbucks

great work culture

fun making drinks

con: early morning hours, grumpy customers

usually never boring
Busy and upbeat workplace
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 August 2017
I enjoyed my years at Starbucks. The experience offered much for new opportunity and growth. It was however sometimes difficult to maintain a balanced team with part time coworkers.
Starbucks
Barista (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 August 2017
This particular store grew a culture of family and it was a joy working with my co-workers. The customers were interesting , as we were in a rough part of town. Our team strived to bring the best customer service, and we were rewarded consistently from our district manager
fun place
BARISTA (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 August 2017
its fun to work Starbucks in Starbucks we call partners because we are not just coo-workers we are family. Starbucks is the type of job that will truly test your customer service patience. We get people at their worst and their best before they have their caffeine and you learn to be very patient. I love all of the partners I work with because we are always a team with the same life goals. I have learned patience, how to stay busy during slow times and become efficient during rushes. If anyone ever asks me if they should apply I never hesitate to say yes!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.