Starbucks

Starbucks Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good partners and environment
Barista (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONApril 7, 2015
I enjoyed working at Starbucks as i gained immense knowledge into the coffee world and culture. It's a happy environment and a great place to work! Social interaction is part of the daily job and I love that part of it as i am a very outgoing and social person!
not my cup of coffee
Certified Barista (Former Employee), mississaugaApril 7, 2015
Pros: make customers happy
Cons: make my co-workers jealous
same as receiver, opening and closing the store , making coffee every 30 minutes, providing a friendly and uplifting experience , every job is the same just different environments , co- workers lol like I said make customers happy and co-workers get jealous call it positive reinforcement. Helping others and getting help. Going home after the work is done.
Great Company
Barista and Cashier (Current Employee), HamiltonApril 3, 2015
Its a fun, fast past job. It does get a little repetitive but overall its still pretty fun. The company gives you amazing benefits like health at 20 hours a week and tuition reimbursement even at part time.
Busy workplace with excellent service
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaMarch 31, 2015
I have worked at Starbucks for about two years now and I love working there. I enjoy many things about working at Starbucks, I love what they're about, I love the customers, I love the environment and I love my coworkers. Working there gives me a sense of family and belonging, we all work very well together and we're a tight knit group. Starbucks emphasizes very much on their excellent customer service, it's one of the first things they teach you when you begin training. The main goal is to let everyone leave our store with the same sense of belonging that working there will give its employees. We strive to connect with each customer, welcome them, teach them and deliver the ultimate experience. I love that. I love being able to connect with complete strangers over a cup of coffee.
My position here is a Shift Supervisor. This requires many responsibilities and is quite a test of skill. As a Shift, you need to have excellent time management, your day need to be planned perfectly. You are responsible for sending people on breaks, keeping track of inventory, planning for tomorrows sales and making sure you and your coworkers are maintaining the store. You are who the team looks to when times are stressful, you become the role model for everyone else which is a responsibility I eagerly took when I received the position. My store gets very busy which means that sometimes my partners get stressed out and that puts more strain on me, this is one of the downsides of the job. There are times when we are understaffed and much too busy and it's up to me to keep a strong head on my shoulders – more... and push my team to stay relaxed and get through the rush. I've learned a lot of value when it comes to being a leader, if I crumble then my whole team does so I have no problem with keeping a good face and being reassuring as well as encouraging. I've learned a lot about time management and customer service and how much of an impact the little things have. I've learned much about organization and how essential it is to have the skills of a team player and being good at working alone. – less
we work like a family
Barista (Former Employee), Langley, BCMarch 31, 2015
Pros: free drinks, generally happy atmosphere, getting to work with friends
Cons: early mornings, long days, grouchy people at times
Im happy to say that while working with starbucks, ive never felt more like i was in a family. my coworkers were there for me whenever i needed. we could speak about anything with one another without the thought of judgement upon one another. i personally felt incredibly comfortable.
the management on the other hand, i found my gm to be irresponsible, disrespectful, immature and ungrateful. i felt belittled on a daily basis.
Fast paced, great guest service
Store Manager (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Fast-paced, always busy
Cons: Slow periods
Typical day included setting up pastry case, preparing drinks, cleaning, performing food safety tasks. Learned great leadership skills and how to lead a team. Management was extremely supportive. Co-workers were extremely hard-working. Hardest part was being busy and working alone. Most enjoyable was the people I worked with and the fast pace.
To be a partner
Store Manager (Current Employee), Richmond/Surrey/VictoriaMarch 29, 2015
Starbucks offers great benefits, flexible working hours for baristas. Preaches work life balance but that mostly applies to baristas.
Fast paced, multi tasking, high customer service
Fun Work environment
Barista/Cash (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Free Drinks ! stable hours
Cons: management
As long as your friendly and can brew a mean coffee this is a good job while your a student! limited room for growth with in the company however an employee gets a raise every 6 months and gets wicked health benefits!
shift hour
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), calgary abMarch 27, 2015
Pros: short schedule
Cons: short schedule
good for student: I did it when I first mover to the city. it was a start for me. learn a lot about people and how to handle different personality.
Productive, fun environment, learned a lot about the industry.
Barista (Former Employee), Lasalle, QCMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Happy environment
A normal day at work consists of opening up the store.
Preparing all required material for the day.
Opening takes about two hours of prep work.
Then the store opens and there is a rush to get people their morning coffee boosts before they start their day.
Then the normal routines begin. Logs need to be filled in throughout the day, menus changed depending on the hour and stock being refilled depending on how quickly things run out from your morning set up.

I learned a lot working at Starbucks. Even though it was a small store of it (Located in the Angrinon Target location) there was always constant line ups, which helped me learn a lot about time management and how to work under fast paced and stressful conditions. The best part about the fast paced environment was that there was never a dull moment, and when you finally did stop..it was time to go home!

The manager at the Starbucks location in Angrinon was wonderful.
She was extremely dedicated and by being such a few number of people we were all really closed to her. During my training she took her time with me and let me repeat a million questions when I panicked. I believe because she led us so well, we worked so well.

My co-workers were also amazing, we were all very close and depended on each other without having to worry that someone was going to let us down. We all worked as a team really well and the customers enjoyed such a welcoming environment.

I think the hardest part of the job was sometimes keeping up with all the customer we had. There was never a stop to a day so if you fell behind a little you really really fell behind. Luckily we worked with amazing people and everything (usually) ran smoothly!

The whole experience of working at Starbucks was really enjoyable. I loved coming to work and I really learned a lot and made a lot of really great friendships.
Fun work place
Barista/Customer Service - Target (Former Employee), Whitby, ONMarch 26, 2015
A typical day at work at Starbucks was always fast paced and friendly, got to work with amazing people and my manager was patient and skilled. I learned how to do everything within a week and it was an unforgettable experience.
Good Stepping Stone
Barista (Current Employee), torontoMarch 26, 2015
If you want to move up in the company fast, this is your place. good benefit package, not a real team atmosphere.
Fast paced environment.
Fun and interesting Job place!
BARISTA (Former Employee), Milton, ONMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Amazing atmosphere
This is probably the best job anyone could have to start off. It can be complicated at first to begin but the training is extensive and great. All thru out this job is great to meet new people everyday and be able to do great things for these people. The hardest thing about the job is probably the recipes for each drink, but with practice this can be done well. The most enjoyable part is spending time with co-workers and meeting great people.
Fun workplace, albeit a bit exhausting
Barista/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 20, 2015
A typical day at work would be to set everything up in the morning and continue to do so during the day to ensure fluidity and consistency at work. Being at the top of your game was essential to providing good customer service and rapidity.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the pressure and fast paced working environment; the drive-through, the long lines, the complicated orders... all of which made the hours fly by. Although there are cons to every job, like the long hours, the impatience of customers, problems with the cashes, having and getting along with a good and hardworking team on the floor helped make those problems become harder and harder to see.
Everyone knows what their task is.
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 19, 2015
Pros: experience many kinds of coffees and teas.
Cons: very early morning. very late night.
Everybody works hard and very productive.
Organized work environment.
Working hours can be very early or very late.
They have very organized online trainings.
AWEFUL PLACE TO WORK!
BARISTA (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 18, 2015
Cons: everything
Starbucks is a bad company to work for. They don't take care of their staff and management never places their staff first. I would stingily not work for this company.
A partner-friendly work environment
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 18, 2015
Pros: good work environment
Cons: low salary
You will feel happy every day to work there since you can talk with different customers. And the benefits are fair with the free coffee and teas to mark out every week. The only thing is that the salary there is too low compared to the duties and responsibilities that partners are asked to do.
Most wanted job has a lot of perks, but isn't lacking in faults
Barista and Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Oakville, ONMarch 15, 2015
Pros: benefits, flexible dress code, free food and drink, raises every 6 months
Cons: lack of positive feedback, impossibly high sales expectations
Working at Starbucks is an amazing experience where you meet the best people to work with and the customers are wonderful 90% of the time. It's a challenging job, yes, but I wouldn't say hard to do. You're surrounded by a great support network within the company. Benefits, pay, and job security are all fairly good. Unfortunately, the expectations held by the suits in the head office are ridiculous the majority of the time. The strictness of cutting labour hours but increasing sales really decreases the morale in the team due to the constant feeling that we're failing and going nowhere with our goals. Depending on the location you work at, you don't often receive positive feedback about your work ethic and instead, get negative feedback a lot of the time. Many times I've wondered, 'why do I bother?' All in all, in a job market as bad as ever, this is a great place to work. Like any job, there will be some downfalls, and this one has few of them, but the few that it has are general and encompassing enough to make an 8 hour shift feel like a week.
Fun job that values it's partners
Barista (Current Employee), Guelph, ONMarch 15, 2015
Pros: free coffee
Starbucks provides many opportunities for advancement. It provides benefits, stock investment, free coffee, and many other great perks, even for part-time partners.
It is a fun, fast environment and a great place to work!
Fast-paced environment with lots of connectivity among customers.
Barista (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 15, 2015
Pros: free drinks, scheduling, atmosphere
Cons: on your feet for long durations
- A typical day at work would be, attending customers needs with great attitude and serving their order at their request.

- Things that I've learned over the time being at Starbucks are: Time management, Connecting a loyal base with our customers, making requested beverages.

- Management at Starbucks is understanding, hard working and co-operative.

- My co-workers are excellent to be around. They are team players and are always there to help if needed.

- The hardest part of my job is having to keep up with beverages at our busiest time of the year, which is our "Frappuccino Hour" in the summer time.

- The most enjoyable part of my job is having a bond-able relationship with our regulars. Making beverages to the standards of all our valuable customers.

About Starbucks

Our employees, who we call partners, are at the heart of the Starbucks Experience. We believe in treating our partners with respect – Read more