Starbucks Employee Reviews

Always a great team to work with at every store.
Supervisor/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC24 August 2016
Sometimes it would be quite busy and hectic but I always knew I could rely on my team. Every store I worked at had a great team. I received a great deal of knowledge about coffee while working there. The management in many cases weren't the best. It often felt like they weren't even there; spending most of their time hiding in the back away from the work. This was the case in many stores that I worked at. The most difficult thing on a day to day basis was making everything run smoothly. Sometimes we would be busier than we would have expected to be and so breaks might get a bit behind. As a supervisor it was my job to ensure that this didn't happen. It was also my job however to ensure that the lineup moved as quickly as possible. Trying to find balance between my customer's needs and my teams needs could sometimes prove to be difficult. It was my team and the regulars that would come in would make my day. They were always so joyful and happy to be there. Seeing their happiness always brought a smile to my face.
Pros
Free drinks on breaks while working.
Inspirational and Fun working environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON2 February 2017
Starbucks is an environment to thrive on customer experience and connections. Training for the position was very knowledgeable, challenging and exciting. Getting to learn coffee not only as a beverage but also as a sustainable product, environmentally used. The product knowledge for customers to experience something different from any other coffee company.

The job had opportunities to show where improvement could be made as a Manager and as a partner. Tools were set in place to guide partners to self evaluate themselves and improve on any difficult learning along their journey.

Managing inspired individuals with a thirst for knowledge and then executing the education to make them better in their work environment, was the most rewarding part of the job.
Great benefits and culture.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 January 2017
I loved working for Starbucks and would say that it was my favorite job so far. Their attractive compensation and benefit structure along with the flexibility in their hours make it optimal for a student or someone with other commitments.
Great student job
Barista (Current Employee) –  Ile-Perrot, QC10 January 2017
Over the four years I have worked at starbucks, I can say that I've enjoyed working with 95% of the staff and customers.My typical day of work consists of serving customers and the day/closing cleaning tasks.
Pros
Decent breaks, great benefits such as dental, health education and stock plans, great coworkers, amazing regular customers
Poor expierience
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Canada17 January 2017
No room to grow as a professional. Did not see any leaders, only managers. Restrictive environment. Starbucks' branded culture was not present, wonder if it is a US thing. Company has a serious shortage of leaders and staff in its future
The job comes with many benefits and is very flexible! Great for students!
Barista/Barista Trainer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 April 2016
The hardest and yet the best part of the job are the customers. We get difficult particular customers but we also get great customers who become friends. My co-workers are fantastic and they are what keeps me at the job. we also get stock grants, and discounts on stocks. Part-time employees are also eligible for benefits after 3 months. Every 6 months you get a review where depending on your overall score you get a raise (usually 20 cents, not much but something). If you choose to go further you can be promoted to shift supervisor where the base pay is $13. Hours are very flexible at Starbucks. Managers and district managers (like a general manager but we call then district managers) are all very approachable.
Pros
5 free drinks per shift and 30% off all purchases
Cons
always on your feet running up and down
Fun, but tiring.
Cashier/Barista/Tips (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 January 2017
My typical day started at 4:30am. The start was easy since the customer was regulars, and over time it was a faster way to start the day. I liked being in first and out first. I learned a lot about coffee, and how presenting a certain item makes it desirable. I was very fond of my boss, but she was a little too tight on how things were run with the newer people, and let the older partners get away with more. Hardest part of the day would actually come and go. It was when you felt pressured to always be perfect and always be Starbucks oriented. It was hard to not always be thinking of the job even when you weren't working. I enjoyed working with the people and customers, and loved the work place. I however, did not like getting payed minumum wage for 4:30am, doing heavy lifting (patio furniture), putting away orders and doing tips. It was a lot of work with no real pay off.
Great
Barista (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK25 April 2016
learning how to make high quality drinks and becoming very familiar with how drinks are made and the machines work. getting to interact with some wonderful customers who try to get to know as much as you want to get to know them. Management is very flexible and try to accommodate your life and hire people who are fun to work with. The overall job isn't hard it just involves a lot of standing and interacting with people. The best part of the job is building those regulars and getting to interact with them everyday. Also your free coffee mark outs and partner beverages while you work
Pros
Partners Beverages, Weekly Coffee Markout, Benefits
Cons
Pay
To inspire and nuture the human spirit - one person, one cup and one neighborhood at a time.
Barista (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC1 June 2016
Working at Starbucks has been great in exposing me to diverse challenges and immense changes. Its culture is one that ensures a comfortable, clean working environment and an overall pleasant place for people to be. Wonderful management, incredible partners and an immense supply of tasetful recipes and heart-felt intentions.
great place!
Barista (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2016
Starbucks is a great place to work! the benefits are great, the opportunities are innumerable! My co-workers are really great people and wonderful to work with. Starbucks partners also get stock grants, and discounts on stocks. Tuition and book reimbursement Part-time and full time employees are also eligible for health benefits after 3 months. over all just a really great company Starbucks gives you many great opportunity, including general skills development such as customer service, people skills and time management.
Pros
free drinks, lots of discounts and perks
Cons
weird hours - could sometimes start work at 5AM
High stress, high demand, great staff
Barista and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 February 2017
I worked at one of the busiest Starbucks' in Ottawa, where in a given half hour during peak hours, in excess of 60-80 customers served would be customary. As such, when you are responsible for making all of their drinks, the job is stressful. The job has further taught me how to cope with stress and it is for it that I may mostly attribute my ability to multi-task to the extent that I now may. Under such conditions, working in close proximity to the other staff members, you grow close to the other employees and I can consider most of them good friends to me now. The best part of the job is working with such amazing people and the probability of encountering so many great people in a given day.
Pros
free coffee and beans
Cons
stressful
Safeway Canada
Manager (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB9 February 2017
Safeway is a decent employer to work for, the thing I liked best about working there was the weekly pay direct deposited. I found that a lot of the stores differ based on store management, leading in inconsistency and confusion sometimes.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Better wages
Good company
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  Nova Scotia6 February 2017
This company cares for their employees; even if someone is part-time they can get benefits.
Was always a company that worked around my other jobs too.
Give out bursaries for education if it has something that can be transferrable to the company.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
Can become repetitive
productive and fun place to work with people and coffee!
Barista (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 December 2016
Management is great and understanding of what you need.
Very helpful and nice co-workers. Most enjoyable part of my job is being able to have my favorite specialty coffee made for me.
Pros
Free drinks, learn how to make drinks
productive, fun work environment, allowed me to progress
partner (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON13 June 2016
I enjoyed working with the management, I had the opportunity to interact with managers, district managers and even the president of Starbucks and got the chance to see how they maintain the Starbucks culture.
Pros
great culture, work environment, create lasting friendships and relationships with partners and customers
Cons
I didn't find any cons
Hard work but ain't pay enough
shift supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 July 2016
It's a fun place to work and it was perfect for people who's moved form place to place. Great place to meet people but unfortunately you have to work hard but they ain't pay enough.
Pros
free drinks during shift, great benefits.
Cons
ain't pay enough
fun co-workers but terrible management.
Barista (Former Employee) –  North York, ON25 November 2016
It was a great job from my experience. my only issue is with the higher ups who are very uncultured in the actual work force due to external hires. My first manager was great but after her replacement was a very rude and bitter person.
Starbucks is a fast-paced work environment with many benefits
Barista (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON23 February 2017
I've worked at Starbucks for 5 years and it is arguably one of the best jobs I've ever had. The hours are flexible and the benefits of the company itself outweigh any cons that can come with jobs in customer service.
Its good for while in school
Barista (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 January 2017
Depends on the manager you get fantastic job with a good one can kinda suck with a bad one.

Benefits are unreal, if you are in university/college its a no brainer to work here

coworkers are ok

you might get yelled at
Pros
Benefits, usually flexible hours
Cons
People.
Mixed Reviews
Barista (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON11 February 2017
The location of the Starbucks I worked at was consistently busy. Being a full time student, the training process took about six months to complete, and over 40+ hours of work a week. I had to end up resigning.
Cons
Long hours.