Starbucks Employee Reviews

Flexible workplace with great co-workers.
Barista (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC6 November 2016
A day at Starbucks is always busy, with regulars wanting their coffee as fast as possible and lots of students coming in to do homework with a drink. I learned very quickly how to memorize orders, remember customer names, read what a customer wants from me, whether that's me asking them how their day was or getting them their coffee and payment as quickly as possible. I had to memorize every drink recipe and understand easily how to sub ingredients or change it to the customers needs. My manager was efficient and organized and customers loved her, and she was always fair with her employees. The hardest part of the job is not getting easily stressed under pressure and making sure every customer receives the best service we can give them. Connecting with customers who remember you and want to know more about you was definitely the best part of the job.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Stressful conditions
A fun, fast paced working environment.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 December 2016
Starbucks is a great fun, fast paced working environment. I greatly enjoyed my time there and I would definitely recommend it as a place of work to anyone looking for a job in customer service.
Pros
free drinks, lots of breaks, health insurance
Cons
open on holidays
Surrounded by a Competitive Team
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 December 2016
- My day at work was busy and challenging
- I learnt how to intermingle with customers
- Managers were tough to make friends with
- Co-workers were very friendly
- Hardest part was to make friends
- The core values was the best part of the job and celebrating birthdays.
Perfect job for a university student
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 February 2017
This job will give you the necessary people skills to succeed in life. It is also a fun place to work because it attracts other people in the 18-25 age group. Customers you interact with are also pretty awesome.
Pros
Coffee
Cons
Very early mornings
Productive and fun working environment
Barista (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 January 2017
Great benefit while working with awesome crews. Some store has drive-through which means busier than those does not have. One great thing is you always getting you know your position and other people are willing to help you improve yourself.
Great benefits and culture.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 January 2017
I loved working for Starbucks and would say that it was my favorite job so far. Their attractive compensation and benefit structure along with the flexibility in their hours make it optimal for a student or someone with other commitments.
Its good for while in school
Barista (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 January 2017
Depends on the manager you get fantastic job with a good one can kinda suck with a bad one.

Benefits are unreal, if you are in university/college its a no brainer to work here

coworkers are ok

you might get yelled at
Pros
Benefits, usually flexible hours
Cons
People.
Safeway Canada
Manager (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB9 February 2017
Safeway is a decent employer to work for, the thing I liked best about working there was the weekly pay direct deposited. I found that a lot of the stores differ based on store management, leading in inconsistency and confusion sometimes.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Better wages
Great first job
Barista (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC15 December 2016
Management had switched towards the end of my career with Starbucks, creating a few bumps along the road; but was overall a pleasant, great learning experience and opportunity. Respect is a huge element of the company, as well as having pride and care in what you're doing.
learn quick
Barista (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 September 2016
there are 3 main responsibilities for a barista making drinks, supporting customers, or being on the register. Most often during a shift people get to alternate jobs so that it isn't a long day on one thing. Managers are very flexible with scheduling and appreciating people who are in school or work a second job like myself.
Pros
free beverages and discount on food items
Cons
Starbucks is a fast-paced work environment with many benefits
Barista (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON23 February 2017
I've worked at Starbucks for 5 years and it is arguably one of the best jobs I've ever had. The hours are flexible and the benefits of the company itself outweigh any cons that can come with jobs in customer service.
Star-over opportunity
Barista (Current Employee) –  Grouse Mountain9 October 2016
Starbucks from Grouse Mountain is a place that provides you with the opportunity to start a job, but it is with frustation that I realized how efforts are not well compansated and managers lacks experience to notice and recognize good employees.
Pros
Easy going environment
Cons
Immature managers, lack of recognition
Great Environment
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, AB23 August 2016
Starbucks has shown to me and all the other employees that they really care about each and every staff member. We are not called employees, but rather partners. We are all treated the same and with the same respect, whether you are a barista or a manager. No two days are the same, you have customer rushes at different times, you always have new drinks coming out and the customers every day are different, with the exception of our regulars. I have learned so many great skills, like working alongside people with a multitude of different personalities and work habits. I have enjoyed working with all of the people at my store, they make my day enjoyable.
productive and fun place to work with people and coffee!
Barista (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 December 2016
Management is great and understanding of what you need.
Very helpful and nice co-workers. Most enjoyable part of my job is being able to have my favorite specialty coffee made for me.
Pros
Free drinks, learn how to make drinks
Allows creativity, diversity and passion
Omega - Barista (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 December 2016
Starbucks always strives to allow it's customers and partners to feel welcome, included and cared for. I've never seen a company so attentive to all the needs around them.
Pros
discounts, markouts weekly, great coverage healthwise
Boring, hard
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 January 2017
Learn all the coffees, (about 100 of them). Clean, always smile, converse with clients,. hardest part of the job is having to learn all the coffees, most enjoyable is the benefits that come with the job.
Pros
health care and dental care
Cons
hard job, bad hours
Awesome coffee and fun professional people to work for and with
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 February 2017
Amazing work environment and very friendly people. Managers are fun to work with and are always understanding with employees. Training program is awesome
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Free coffee
Poor expierience
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Canada17 January 2017
No room to grow as a professional. Did not see any leaders, only managers. Restrictive environment. Starbucks' branded culture was not present, wonder if it is a US thing. Company has a serious shortage of leaders and staff in its future
Great
Barista and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON21 February 2017
-Great co-workers
-Lots of free stuff
-Flexible hours, great for students
-Overall fun job
Cons
-Customers can be very rude
-Super busy
-Inconsistent hours
-Low pay
Pros
-Flexible hours, great for students -Overall fun job
Cons
-Inconsistent hours -Low pay
fun co-workers but terrible management.
Barista (Former Employee) –  North York, ON25 November 2016
It was a great job from my experience. my only issue is with the higher ups who are very uncultured in the actual work force due to external hires. My first manager was great but after her replacement was a very rude and bitter person.