Starbucks

Starbucks Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast, Fun and Friendly!
Barista, Target (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 17, 2014
Pros: 3 breaks per 8hr shifts, you get to try all the new stuff, 10% target discount
Cons: strict food and safety code
Starbucks Target is a great place to work! The Team members are fun, hardworking and great team players. Our Team leaders are very helpful, knowledgeable and friendly.
Fun, Welcoming and Laid Back
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), OakvilleJune 8, 2014
Pros: free beverages and weekly mark out (1 lb of coffee or tin of tea each week).
Cons: early mornings, rude customers.
My time at Starbucks was spent working with a wide variety of people and interacting with a wide variety of customers. While our days often began at 5 am, the team you worked with made it worthwhile. Getting to know the regular customers was one of my favourite things, and often made dealing with the nasty customers easier. Morning rushes could often – more... be stressful but with proper deployment and competent staff, flew by in a breeze, but those who are not accustomed to working in a fast paced environment will easily fall behind.

The best and worst part of this job is most definitely the people; you will interact with some amazing people and as a result will learn more than the job itself could ever teach you. On the other hand, some customers can be unnecessarily nasty and vindictive. Every barista will have a plethora of stories about crazy customers. This job embodies the phrase "When they're good they're great; When they're bad they're horrid". All in all, I loved working at Starbucks and would recommend the job to students, coffee lovers and anyone who has a knack for people. – less
Positive environment
Barista / Supervisor / Key (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 4, 2014
Pros: free drinks
Cons: lots of standing
Very busy place with something going on all the time, was never bored and really enjoyed working with the people there.
Fun place to work.
Barista (Current Employee), Surrey, BCJune 2, 2014
Great job, fun work environment, good benefits, good training program. Hardest part of the job is when you're first learning - lots of stuff to learn and takes a long time. Most enjoyable part of the job is communicating with customers while giving them great service. A bit upsetting because not a lot of hours to be given at my location.
Productive, fun, personable.
Barista (Former Employee), Dieppe, NBMay 31, 2014
Pros: free drinks
A typical day at work consisted of greeting customers, be they regulars or first timers and providing them with beverages on request or recommending beverages to those whom had not been to Starbucks before. I learned how to make coffee and how to work the machines on site. My manager was very friendly and understanding and my co-workers were always – more... a delight to be around. The hardest part of the job was learning to multi-task and keep an eye on many different things occurring simultaneously, such as the timer on the coffee machines/for the milk dispensers. The most enjoyable part of the job was ensuring that people left the cash register with a smile on their faces. – less
Very small workspace
Barista / Cashier (Former Employee), Corner Brook, NLMay 29, 2014
I got to meet alot of new people , but the job itself was not for me, very little hours, and confined workspace
Loved the job
Barista (Former Employee), Waterdown, ONMay 26, 2014
Pros: great place to just hang out
Fun place to work.
really fast.
Hardest part is keeping the REALLY angry customers happy.
Co-workers for the most part are great.
Most enjoyable. Just going to work.
loved my job and my customers
Barista (Former Employee), Place Des Arts, Montréal, QCMay 24, 2014
Pros: free drinks per day
Cons: having to work with people who are incompetent
a typical day at work would normally involve me coming in and cleaning and stocking for at least the first 3 hours of my shift. And then for the rest of the shift cleaning and picking up after other people.

what i learned is you cant be a team player, if your manager isn't a good captain for this team. A store can only be as good as its leader.

unfortunately – more... the management at this store was by far some of the worst i have ever had to deal with. multiple mangers would tell you multiple things and they would hardly ever be on the same page.

the hardest part of the job was having to deal with the Starbucks team, because they were pretty horrible and all over the place.

the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to connect and make relationships with the customers and the regulars that came in. – less
fun workplace
BARISTA (Former Employee), Woodbridge, ONMay 23, 2014
amazing people and great place to work
its like working with family ...
Barista (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 21, 2014
Love the environment working in Starbucks! Encouraging place to work and other co-workers are called partners.
star bucks shift supervisor
- friendly culture
- clean environment
- free drinks
- high demand
- require good time management, interpersonal, and communication skills
- require high energy level
- learn about coffee
Good place to work but requires extra effort when first starting out.
Barista (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 12, 2014
It takes a while to remember the recipes for drinks, and it would be better if the manager told me beforehand when I was going to be tested on drinks. Also if the certification test was not during the busiest hours of the day it would be appreciated. I believe more leniency is shown towards full-time staff members from my own experience.
Fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 6, 2014
Pros: decent job
Cons: minimum payment
Every day is a typical day at work, learned how to build a regular guest and delivering a professional customer service, management training and work environment is best can ever have to deliver the most delicious drinks. Nice coworkers, team work
High energy workplace with teamwork
Barista (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 5, 2014
Pros: benefits, love my co-workers
Cons: pay is terrible for the amount of work we have to do.
I love working at Starbucks but I cant afford to work here anymore as I live on my own. My co-workers are sad to see me leave as I am one of the top supervisors in the store. My store manager, Cara Cser, would tell you the same. Last QASA audit I was supervising and got us a 96% which is very high. I have learned people skills working here, as well – more... as customer service and how to work all day with high energy. Hardest part of the job I would say is keeping the customers happy, while also supervising the team, making sure everyone is doing their tasks and keeping the store looking great so ensure customers come back. – less
Nice workplace with a good customer base and a reasonable boss.
Barista (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 30, 2014
Pros: free drinks and weekly mark out
Cons: very early hours
At work I either work at the cash till or on the bar making drinks. I learned how to multitask a lot at Starbucks, as it gets very busy. My coworkers are very nice. The hardest part of the job was learning all the different codes for beverages and the best part is all the wonderful regulars that come in.
Productive & very nice atmosphere to work in
Barista (Former Employee), Oakville, ONApril 30, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere, free drink every break, overall great company to work for
Cons: far from home for little hours
•Provide great and satisfying customer service to all customers and visitors
•Prepare and make quality beverages for all customers
•Take customer orders and process their order through the cash register.
•Kept customers informed on current & new upcoming promotions & sales.
Good on the job training
Barista (Current Employee), toronto, ontarioApril 29, 2014
Training here was pretty informative and helpful. Manager took the time to get myself familiarized with the work invovled. Co-workers are pretty young and most with no University Degrees. Hardest part of the job would be the constant making of different types of drinks during busy periods of the day. Most enjoyable part of the job is probably learning – more... various techniques and methods to make the beverages. – less
Flexible, positive work environment
Barista/Shift Supervisor/Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 20, 2014
Cons: difficult customers, on your feet for most of shift
Worked there throughout uni and after. Very flexible hours, great benefits, tendency to connect well with coworkers, lots of opportunity for advancement.
Amazing!
Barista (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 16, 2014
Pros: free food
It has been quite an experience i enjoyed. i got most of my friends from there. you built amazing relationships with the employees and the customers.

About Starbucks

Our employees, who we call partners, are at the heart of the Starbucks Experience. We believe in treating our partners with respect – Read more