7.3K reviews

Starbucks Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A good place to work
Cashier duties (Former Employee), Oakville, ONNovember 18, 2015
Over all they were relatively flexible when it came to the schedule. They were very customer orientated and a pleasure to work for. We also got a .25 cent raise every year if standards of work were met.
Good management
Barista (Current Employee), Milton, ONNovember 17, 2015
I love working in Starbucks but my only concern is the job security. I'm working there as part time but as a family person I need to search for a job that I will be full time.
Fast paced job with fun atmosphere
Barista (Former Employee), Chestermere, ABNovember 16, 2015
Pros: Free coffee, discounts, fun environment
Cons: Little pay, competitive hour distribustion, exhausting during promotional periods
Very high paced job with lots to do and remember.
Fun working and socializing with customers and co-workers.
Teamwork was vital to be able to work fluidly on the floor.
Very flexible hours and understanding manager able to switch shifts or cover sick co-workers.
Free coffee was loved by all and very needed by all employees.
Lots of cleaning tasks on op of serving customers, multitasking was a necessity.
Great experience
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee), North Vancouver, BCNovember 16, 2015
Pros: Free coffee, 30% discount at all stores.
Great team, great management. The hours were always flexible and the experience I learned at my first location became the foundation for my part time work while I was in school at Capilano University.
Productive and fun place to work!
Barista (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABNovember 12, 2015
Pros: Free drinks while on shift, partner discounts, and free items weekly.
This is an amazing place to work!!! There is always something new to learn and new people to meet. The employees and management team are what really make it an amazing place for both customer and employee. Everyone works together as a team, and are always willing to teach you something if you ask, The best part about working here is the creativity you get to put into everything you do, such as making the drinks. Also, everyone is considered a partner and not just any employee which automatically makes the work environment equal. In all honesty, there isn't much to make this job difficult, other than rush times where you have a lot to do in a short period of time, which can be stressful, and the odd customer who just needs a strong shot of espresso. I find the hardest part to be the training because there is a lot to learn, but that all comes with time. If you work well under stress, this would be the perfect place for you.
good
Barista (Former Employee), bowfortNovember 7, 2015
starbucks is a pretty decent place to work. They are, for the most part, willing to work with your schedule. people are good for the most part
Very high-paced environment with a wonderful team
Barista (Work Experience) (Former Employee), Surrey, BCNovember 6, 2015
Pros: Free drinks and coffee, large discount
Work experience at Starbucks was a blast. All of the partners I worked with are supportive, wonderful people. Every day was different, and I learned a great deal in the month I was there.
great starting company
Supervisor, Barista (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 4, 2015
Pros: great experience
Extremely fast pace, great team building experience, face to face customer service, sales and store budget deadlines, product quality, food and beverage knowledge, develop communication skills within team and customers. time management, safety and security, product inventory, cashier experience,and overall great training and great first job experience. making our customers happy and satisfied was the best part of my day.
Shift work on an ever changing Schedule
Barista (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONNovember 4, 2015
Pros: Work with co-staff was often light-hearted and full of joking around while performing duties.
Cons: Ever changing schedule, Low rate of pay for what seemed to be an enormous amount of homework and product research
A great lively space to work with other co-staff when not being doggedly hounded for not attempting to upsell customers who come in and hand the server the specific amount of money needed to buy their coffee.
Essentially followed the saying, "When the cat is away..."
Apart from the constantly changing hours, and hugely inconsistent hours I was given, ranging from 12 hours one week, to 35 the next, the staff is what makes the experience bearable.
Very good environment
Store Manager (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 4, 2015
Pros: benefit
Cons: early morning
Fun work place with supportive management
Great company if you want to grow
Fun people to work with
Connecting with People
Productive and a fun work place to be a part of.
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONNovember 3, 2015
I enjoy Starbucks but I have been here for a good period of time and I am ready to use my skills I have learned as a Supervisor/ Manager. I have recently graduated from school for a career I'm extremely excited to get started in that I am ready to move on.
Best Job Ever!!
Barrista (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 3, 2015
Pros: Fun
Cons: none
I had the most fun at Starbucks! Management kept things light and i got to know the regulars very well. I moved to different locations based on my skill set and helped where I could. I was looking forward to advancement as it came. Starbucks always gave you something to do and always kept up with the learning. We were never pressured or had complaints while working. I had so much fun and will never forget my experience working there.
productive, fun,
Barista (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABNovember 2, 2015
Pros: fun people to talk to, laid back.
Cons: long days. picky customers, must be able to work quickly and under pressure
Starbucks was a fun. a typical day looked like getting prep done cleaning up, and setting up, preforming customer service quick movement with making beverages. clean up once rush is over. end of the shift stock is counted clean up is done. stock is counted up and handed out in the kiosk. milk is put away using FIFO.
great way to meet people while on a working holiday
Barista (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 2, 2015
Pros: heath care included. free coffee
Great way to meet people while on a working holiday. If you want more hours you can take hours at other stores which is handy.
Fun workplace
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 30, 2015
Starbucks in an overall fun job to have. Can be stressful, but my co-workers always made it worth it. Management, at times, was a little questionable, but in overall I enjoyed my experience. Life work balance was tough since we were often short staff.
BARISTA (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SkOctober 21, 2015
Pros: Free Coffee and discounts
Cons: strict on physical looks
Starbucks has lots of perks and is a good place to work. The treatment is good and the people are nice. Advancement and raises are hard to get though.
Fun work environment but poor compensation
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary ABOctober 19, 2015
Pros: Unlimited free beverages while working
Cons: Lots of responsibility without equal compensation
Fun place to work where partners became good friends. All about the customer experience and creating a second home feel for every customer. For a company that stresses that they "love" there employees, I felt we were neglected and asked too much of without considering store differences. Within a year's time we had to add about 4 BIG new things to our store with little time to adapt before a new one came in.
All in all it's a fun place to work. But it's a lot of hard work with what i feel is not enough compensation.
Starbucks barista
Barista (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 18, 2015
Pros: good benifits
Cons: management
A typical day at work is starting at 5am-1:30pm
I have learned great people skills, and customer service skills as well working here. Management could be better due to personal reasoning. All the co workings get along great and there is minimal drama in the work place environment. The hardest part of the job was learning all the drinks and building skills on how to accommodate people and there needs. Over time it became easy because I am a quick learner.The most enjoyable part of the job is working with your coworkers.
Barista (Former Employee), MississaugaOctober 18, 2015
I loved working at Starbucks. Our partners are friendly on the job as well as off the job. The management was efficient and our whole team worked actively with each other to improve our own quality.
Starbucks
Shift Supervisor/Barista Trainer (Current Employee), Aldergrove, BCOctober 16, 2015
Pros: Free coffee during breaks, Free 1lb of coffee or a tin of tea each week
Cons: Shift work
I really enjoy working with Starbucks. They are keen on having their employees advance within the system. They offer many perks to augment the minimum wage salary.
A typical day for a shift supervisor would be managing the partners and the flow of customers. This would include running breaks and dealing with any potential problem and customer issues. Also a shift supervisor would be responsible for encouraging the partners to meet our daily, weekly and monthly goals.
Revenue