Starbucks Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun Workplace
Barista (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON28 June 2016
I learned to work effectively as a part of a team in a high-stress, results-oriented environment. My co-workers essentially became my second family away from home. The hardest part of the job was dealing with unsatisfied customers and the most enjoyable part of the job was making those unsatisfied customers happy by giving them the starbucks experience.
A great job while in university, meet the best people Toronto
Barista (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 June 2016
Starbucks company is build on such a great management structure everything is laid out. When paired up with the store that suits you , coming to work is like hanging out with friends! When you need a shift to be cover you can reach out to other partners as well, this makes it ideal for students that are still in school.
Pros
great team
i love working in starbucks because of people and nature of work
Barista/Server (Former Employee) –  philippines3 July 2016
Working in Starbucks is a priviliged. Dealing with different kind of people is fun. Preparing drinks for them is self fulfillment knowing that they are happy and satisfied with the drink that I made. Management helps me alot to motivate myself and to be a good leader also.
Pros
free employee beverages
Cons
great collegues, great customers great place to work
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2016
made coffee and all types of beverages, learn how to time manage and multitask, very hard when during rush hour. starbucks is biggest coffee company other and most expensive, very stressful and challenging, but worth it
fun co-workers but terrible management.
Barista (Former Employee) –  North York, ON25 November 2016
It was a great job from my experience. my only issue is with the higher ups who are very uncultured in the actual work force due to external hires. My first manager was great but after her replacement was a very rude and bitter person.
Starbucks Review
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 August 2016
The stress and harassment that has occurred in the store that I worked at for many years was not worth the time being employed there. Manager at that store I worked for was verbally abusive to the staff all the time. But overall the customers and my employees made work bearable.
Good co workers and fun customers
Barista and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB23 July 2016
The management was bitter and rude at my location and just a few others where i worked a shift or two occasionally. The most common problem was a language barrier or just trying to understand my management team.
Pros
Free drinks of any size before, and after and on the break of your shift
Productive, fun and easy job
Barista/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 July 2016
A typical day at work is a fun day.
The co-workers are nice and easy to get along with, learning to make drinks is the funnest part of the job.
the hardest part of the job is when we are short-staffed, and there are a lot of people in line, in both the cafe and drive-thru.
Pros
Free coffee weekly
Cons
not enough hours
Good company to work for.
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC30 May 2016
It is a great option for starting professionals.
You get a great deal on Customer service, team work and getting sense of urgency.
I wish, not only them, but all coffee shops would improve the wage increase rate, and increase the wage cap. It would make employees feel valued and stay for longer. It is very sad to see good employees leaving for another job because they don't earn enough.
Pros
Friendly, enjoyable
Cons
high employee rotation. long term employees are mostly undervalued.
productive, fun work environment, allowed me to progress
partner (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON13 June 2016
I enjoyed working with the management, I had the opportunity to interact with managers, district managers and even the president of Starbucks and got the chance to see how they maintain the Starbucks culture.
Pros
great culture, work environment, create lasting friendships and relationships with partners and customers
Cons
I didn't find any cons
Fun environment
Barista (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON30 May 2016
Learned how to make drinks, and prepare food for customers to eat. Also learned communication skills among coworkers and customers as well. A typical day begins to become quite mundane as the routine is simple and not challenging. The hardest part of the job was simply to remember all the regular customers by name and their basic background because customer care is heavily encouraged.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
Hours given are random and not consistent
Productive and fun work place
Barista (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 June 2016
I loved the staff and the ambiance at work, however I did not like the new manager that was a lot more strict and bossy than the previous one we had... He did not managed well the store and was not very welcoming. I still learned a lot from working there, they have a great clientele and the shifts were very variable which made the job different every day.
Pros
Easy to switch/give away/take shifts
Cons
Salary
productive environment
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  University of Toronto9 September 2016
working here made me more confident in my abilities and skills to work with less supervision and solve and deal problems properly. It made me open to everybody and learned that a happy customers makes a successful business and fun to work.
Fast paced, enjoyable atmosphere with long lasting customer connections
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON29 May 2016
I learned a lot from working for Starbucks. It accustomed me to a great deal of responsibility as I was a shift supervisor. Fast paced, energetic environment that encouraged customer connections and a positive outlook on life. Great standards, great expectations and a high level of leadership skills. Granted me the ability to take initiative, delegate properly.
Pros
Free drinks, long lasting customer connections
Fast-paced and positive environment
Barista (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 May 2016
I began working at Starbucks a year ago and I can't say I have many complaints. The employees at Starbucks are treated with respect and are constantly appreciated/encouraged by management.
My partners (co-workers) are reliable and always ready to work as a team. The atmosphere we work in is busy, fast-paced and sometimes frustrating, yet as a team we are able achieve success and always retain positivity.
Fun and welcoming workplace
Poll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC18 August 2016
While I worked at Starbucks I quickly realized it was a great workplace for beginner workers. On a normal day I would help out with dishes, lobby, and refilling supplies. My co-workers were very friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this company.
high achievement work with a world class company
Cafe Attendant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC8 September 2016
it is a very good company to work with. not enough hours, fast pace. modern, good image of the company.
Alway have new things coming up. the management is very good. the team works is important.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
not enough hours
Great employees to work with, but management needs work
Starbucks Barista (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 June 2016
Honestly, the job is rewarding and the people I work with are amazing. Everyone is willing to help one another out, however the management of the store needs improvement. Scheduling is not consistent, and the manager is not emotionally stable during stressful situations. May occasionally take out frustration on the staff working.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Manager
Great Job Opportunity
Barista (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 June 2016
I work at Starbucks Part-time. I only have good thing to say about this job. My manager easily works around my school schedule. The work environment is friendly and easy to learn. Everyone is there for you if you need help. The most enjoyable part of this job is to talk with the customers and learn their names, so I can make their Starbucks experience even better.
Pros
Great Coworkers
Cons
some heavy lifting
To inspire and nuture the human spirit - one person, one cup and one neighborhood at a time.
Barista (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC1 June 2016
Working at Starbucks has been great in exposing me to diverse challenges and immense changes. Its culture is one that ensures a comfortable, clean working environment and an overall pleasant place for people to be. Wonderful management, incredible partners and an immense supply of tasetful recipes and heart-felt intentions.