Starbucks Employee Reviews

Found 1,207 reviews matching the search
Cleaning Tables
Volunteer Experiences (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC5 June 2017
I don't recommend this job, I didn't have any positive things to say about the job so I instead have decided to talk about the joys of Spaghetti. It's delicious, Spaghetti is rich in flavour and nutrients, especially if you make a wonderful meat sauce comprised of sausage and garlic, it's to die for. And also, if you put a bit of Parmesan and black pepper in there, you can really maximize the flavour. I'll give Spaghetti 5 stars out of 5.

Starbucks isn't for everybody.
Overall a good place to work at
Certified Barista Trainer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 June 2017
It's a great place to work with great benefits. It also depends who is running the store and your managers on the success of the store. One of the great things is that all starbucks follow the same standards so you can work at different starbucks to pick up shifts
It's a interesting job
Barista (Current Employee) –  Kildonan Crossing, MB31 May 2017
- it's a very relaxing job on slow days but really stressful during really busy days such as promotional events and holidays.

- Great work environment

- Really enjoyable on some days
Pros
you get great tips on most days
Cons
a lot of stress on long busy shifts
Good
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 May 2017
I liked working at the Starbucks company it got me to learn skills for making beverages, the management wasn't best the manger left then the person who was suppose to be manger never came in, hardest part of the job was standing for 7 hours In a day, but at the end of the day I was happy serving people
Pros
30 mins lunch
Cons
good hours
Great Experience
Barista (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 May 2017
Working at Starbucks was the best decision of my life! I had a great experience at Starbucks. I improved my customer service skills and I had many lovely customer who would come to our location just because my co workers and I were so friendly!
Fast Paced and Exciting Place of Work
PARTNER, CASHIER, AND BARISTA (Former Employee) –  225 Lakeshore Oakville, ON31 May 2017
I found that working at Starucks opened me up to a community of hard working individuals who enjoyed working in the customer service industry. I gained the value of hard work and the importance of being a genuine and diligent staff member.
Excellent place to build a career
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC31 May 2017
Outstanding culture and great place to work. Lots of room for growth and advancement for those willing to work hard and great the companies signature Third Place
Fun environment
Barista/ Barista trainer (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC30 May 2017
I love working at Starbucks. It has made me more confident in talking to people. It also has taught me to working in a fast pass environment. Overall, it is an amazing job and I would highly recommend it.
No security for managers
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 May 2017
Hours can be long, the company discourages managers working overtime, however, the amount of "off the floor" time is insufficient to meet all job requirements (eg, coaching, scheduling, payroll, inventory management, etc). You get free coffee, though.
Progressive and Supportive
Bilingual Inside Sales Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 May 2017
- Excellent work environment
- Supportive and open culture
- Promotes professional and personal development
- Passionate and highly motivated personnel
Great place of work
Barista - Customer Service Lead (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 May 2017
Starbucks carries many different positions within the floor. My Favorite part of the job was engaging with customers and my least favorite part of the job was cleaning the bathrooms.
Pros
free drinks
fun place
Superviseur (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 May 2017
super bon travail etudiant .
horraire flexible
bonne ambiance
bonne esprit dequipe
ils ont des avantages vraiment interressante
assurance ,bourse detude
Everyone you work with is really friendly
BARISTA & CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 May 2017
They want to see you succeed in the work you do, they are always there to help you when needed and when you make a mistake they help you learn from it to help you in future shifts.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
not many hours need a second job to pay for living expenses
Starbucks
Trained Barista and cashier (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC25 May 2017
It's a good company with a good wage, good advancement and interactions with amazing people. Fantastic job if you enjoy Customer Service, a fast pace work environment and making meaningful connections with customers
Pros
Free Beverage Before/After work, during break. 33% discount on all product. Provide a good Health Plan.
A Great Start!
Barista (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC23 May 2017
Fun and outgoing environment. Plenty of benefits, and great for first time employment, and students. Extremely sympathetic and passionate coworkers. Scheduling allows for me to continue with my extra curricular activities and schooling.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
Good pay and benefits, but bad company
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC23 May 2017
If you want to simply clock in and clock out but get a good pay, work at a premium Starbucks (one that's in an non remote location). The benefits are surreal and you only have to work 20 hrs to get them. But the management team is a joke. When your store manager never works or picks up the phone, you wonder who even runs the place. Employees call in sick at the time they're supposed to be there. Yet no one is doing anything about it. Poor customer experience.
Pros
Pay & Benefits
Cons
Everything Else
Great place of opportunity
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON22 May 2017
Balance is great, culture and community events are great opportunities.

Salary isn't the greatest. Baristas at my current espresso bar make more than supervisors at Starbucks.

Benefits are great for FT, and is a perfect job for post secondary students.
Pros
Benefits, work/life balance
Cons
Salary, Strict corporate protocol
Starbucks
Barista/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 May 2017
The job was great. I had great colleagues, but found that management was the real issue. Not only was my manager rude, but they used tactics such as constantly telling someone the same way they are messing up, as well as threatening to send them home early if they aren't more over the top outgoing, which I found irritated and demeaned workers, and their unique personalities, more than it aided them in improving. Iv'e met great friends and had great times at Starbucks, so not to say it was all horrible.
As a high school student, this is the perfect job. The hours are incredibly flexible. Most of the time, it is quite easy to find someone to cover shifts if something unexpected comes up, but in the off chance you can't, management is unforgiving.
Pros
Free coffee, great friends, great benefits
Cons
Management, dress code
Productive and fun work environment
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB18 May 2017
I learned how to operate the cash register as well as how to interact with customers. I also learned how to make different drinks. The hardest part of the job was getting picky and impatient customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people i worked with.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Picky customers
Amazing environment
Barista/Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON18 May 2017
There is never a time that I dread coming into work. The interaction with the customers always brightens my day knowing that I am able to brighten so many peoples days.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2