Starbucks Employee Reviews

Great Work Environment
Barista (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 February 2017
Workplace culture is great. Management is usually good. Learn great customer service skills.The hardest part of the job is the difficulty of some customers but for the most part people are great. The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationships you build with your partners and customers.
A pretty awesome place to work!
Part-time barista (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC1 February 2017
Starbucks is a great place to work. You meet amazing people and create lasting memories! A typical day at work for me was coming in at 11:30 am and doing the stock and cleaning. Then i hop onto bar or the till and go from there. I learned how to create delicious drinks and connect with customers. I learned true patience when it comes the a very complicated drink and a busy day. Starbucks workplace culture is very welcoming and chill. The hardest part of the job that i can think of would probably be the customers. Any face to face customer service job can be telling sometimes. You always have a few grumpy people a day, but the mass majority are very happy to see me and happy to get there fix of caffeine for the day! The most enjoyable part if the job would be the fun I have with my coworkers! Ive always had a great time at any Starbucks I've worked at.
Fun and fast-paced workplace with great benefits
Barista (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC4 October 2016
-Fun and fast-paced workplace with great benefits
-Management is very approachable and willing to coach
-Great opportunity for advancement
Great place
Barista/ Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 January 2017
great benefits...
depending on management may not necessarily be recognized for job well don't for pro
early mornings
you can get called in at anytime... or sent home if its not busy
great perks for free coffee
benefits
Cons
hours
Solid place to work and advance your career
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Strathmore, AB1 February 2017
Starbucks was an awesome opportunity for me to advance myself. I started off as a barista, making minimum wage, but after two years I had advanced to a barista trainer, to a shift supervisor, and then almost achieving an assistant manager role. My typical shift as a supervisor was to ensure that our peak periods were executed efficiently by placing baristas where they needed to be, and positioning myself to help where needed. I was also responsible for running breaks, maintaining correct labour hours, ensuring our tills and safe had the correct amount of cash needed, and preparing and dropping of a deposit.
Pros
Advancement, easy learning
Cons
Fast paced
Summary of Working Part-Time at Starbucks
Barista employed (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON1 February 2017
Great job to hold part time during my undergraduate studies. The management team was supportive and really cared about your satisfaction as an employee, which in turn, motivated me to work hard.
Great first job
Barista (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC15 December 2016
Management had switched towards the end of my career with Starbucks, creating a few bumps along the road; but was overall a pleasant, great learning experience and opportunity. Respect is a huge element of the company, as well as having pride and care in what you're doing.
Amazing workplace!
Barista Trainer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 December 2016
This job is simply put amazing. The staff and management are all very helpful. You will find this to be a family type of group where we all look out for each other.

A typical day for me was opening the cafe and making sure everything was stocked and ready to go. Having freshly brewed coffee the minute we would open and have out pasty case full.

I learned a lot about coffee and tea! There is a great deal of work that goes into it. I also got to explore my pallet more wit doing coffee tastings.

The hardest part would be knowing all of those drinks off the top of your head and being able to keep up making them in the middle of a rush.

The most enjoyable part? The rush and coffee tastings, other Starbucks partners and knowing the regulars that come in.
Pros
Free Drinks, 30% Discount
Enjoyable staff members and innovative learning.
Barista (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 May 2016
A typical day at work serving coffees to drinks as we offer food to match with their beverage to maximize the taste, I've learned how to communicate with individuals better and to create moments of connection with our guests to make them feel welcomed. Management is constantly changing, in a span of 10 months, i have had 3 new managers but overall due to the high level of stress in the store, the culture of forever changing. My Co-workers is the only reason why I always look forward to work, the way they make the job enjoyable, easy and fun makes the workplace happy. The hardest part of the job is staying mentally stable due to the high turnover rates, I myself is barista trainer and I've met many colleagues come and go due to management. The most enjoyable part is our norm, with Starbucks' high quality standards, I am privileged to work for the company.
Pros
Benefits such as tuition reimbursements and dental insurance coverage
Cons
Short hours (4-5 per day).
Management was amazing
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 January 2017
I worked at the Starbucks at YYC Airport in Calgary, the manager of the business at the time was absolutely amazing. He was very kind, caring and understanding... Supervisors and trainers were all kind and eager to help you succeed. I became comfortable and happy to work with my colleagues as well, due to them also being so kind and helpful. HR was not helpful, sent my T4 to the wrong address and was not cooperative or even responsive. Wage was average minimum, but hours were flexible and could be negotiated due to such amazing management. Quick paced and good job regardless where you are in your life.
Pros
management, free drinks, co-workers
Cons
Human Resource, wage
Good job
BARISTA (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 January 2017
The company is great to work for and the people you get to work with are also amazing. Pay is fair and the benefits and coverage are also very good. Though company is very sales orientated despite saying they aren't.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Demanding Management
Barista (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 June 2016
Starbucks is honestly one of the best part-time jobs one could have. Starbucks really cherishes their employees for one thing all employees are referred to as partners. Partners are eligible for benefits after averaging 20 hours weekly, weekly mark-outs, free drinks during breaks, and the point system is adjusted for partners. If you're interested in growing with the company there are plenty of opportunities to do so. The job culture is quite relaxed however it can become stressful keeping up with all the modifications one has for their drinks. Starbucks trumps all other part time service jobs I have had in the past.
Pros
free drinks on breaks, mark outs, benefits, tips
Cons
can be overwhelming at times
having fun making drinks for friendly people
Assistant Manager Sales (Former Employee) –  hinton,alb11 July 2016
I liked working for Starbucks, there was lots of friendly outgoing people. At the beginning it was great. My co-workers were on time and actually showed up for their shifts. The management was very friendly to me when I was showing I was hard working. The hardest part of the job was when I was sick, no one would cover me.That rose up to me missing a day,and almost being terminated.The manger was not very nice to me.I was treated different by co-workers.I eventually quit after 2 months of torture.
Pros
discount on items
Cons
long hours, being alone too long, terrible management
Best part-time job
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 February 2017
This place knows what its doing to keep its staff happy. Best benefits you can get from any part time employeer as well as excellent culture and perks
Pros
Coffee
Cons
Salary
fun place to work

opportunity for advancement

tuition reimbursement

medical and dental
Barista (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON23 February 2017
Its a good place to work if you wish to work in a fast paced environment, and with lots interactions.

Depending on the management you may love it there or you may dislike it.
benefits
Fun work place
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 December 2016
Fun place to work, with a great company culture and benefits. Best part of the job is the people you work with, and the amazing connections you make with customers everyday.
Great benefits, low salary.
Barista/Barista (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 January 2017
The benefits and culture at Starbucks are great, however it is not a liveable wage in a city like Vancouver. Flexible hours for part and full time.
Great Place to work
Barista (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON17 November 2016
Amazing people, amazing customers, and amazing culture. Starbucks has a way of making all employees within all tiers of management feel like they are special and are a key valuable component of the business/company.
Happy upbeat environment
Barista (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC19 November 2016
I enjoyed my time at Starbucks the my coworkers and management were great! Couldn't of been happier with that career choice in my life thanks Starbucks for the opportunity

4.2