Starbucks Employee Reviews

Amazing job to teach good work ethic
Barista / Shift Supervisor / Barista Trainer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 November 2017
Starbucks was amazing in terms of teaching good work ethic, I had amazing supervisors who were fair and firm in their teaching process. I learned all my good work habits here, however I feel like the environment that the customers present can be toxic at times.
welcoming work place staff and management, meeting new people.
Barista and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Atlantis marina village8 November 2017
Working at Starbucks was very exciting for me.Learning how to make coffee drinks. Also at Starbucks we didn't just make coffee I learned about community service and how to be a team player.
Pros
we had two free drinks per shift.
Cons
over time 16 hours shift
productive and fun workplace
-fun job
-great experience
-very busy
-shift goes by fast
Great place to learn and grow
Barista (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 November 2017
I've been with Starbucks for just under a year and I have little to no regrets. The company is good to it's partners offering great work/life balance and a multitude of benefits. Also, has a diverse range of people and personalities which makes for a good time
Great coffee, great people
Shift Supervisor/Certified Barista Trainer (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NS7 November 2017
The only real issue I ever found working for Starbucks stems from the fact that it's a massive corporation. This leads to employees often feel like what they do doesn't matter and also that their employer sees them as nothing more than a number on a spreadsheet. However the day to day work is fast paced, engaging, and the people are friendly. If the size of the company doesn't matter to you this is a great place to work.
A good company to work for
Shift Supervisor/Retail Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 November 2017
A great company to work for. Your manager and co-workers are very important since the job is so demanding. A great team is what makes it all worth it! Good company benefits although no company pension benefit set up for employees who work at the store level. Very professional environment to work.
Good student job
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC6 November 2017
Depending on your location you could have an average of 1000 customers or half. Good energy, free weekly pounds of coffee, 6 month review with raise no matter how performance was. Great job for a student because they are flexible with availabilities
Overall good
Shift Supervisor (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 November 2017
Spent 5 years working for this company and it helped me grow a lot as a person and taught me how to balance between task roles and team roles. Would recommend this job to anyone who likes to work as a team or learn leadership skills.
Pros
Free coffee! Benefits! Part time schedule
Cons
Sometimes when you are short staff it can be exhausting, also sometimes the clients are not nice but that is everywhere in customer service.
A great Place to work.
Barista/barista trainer (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC6 November 2017
I loved working here. It was a great environment and the team was more like family. There were good benefits and flexible hours. I think working at Starbucks can be better or worse depending on who the manager is. I had a great manager and I enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Good discount, free drinks while working, free coffee every week.
Decent place to work, good culture
administration (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2017
Decent place to work, good culture. You must buy into their mission statement completely. The ones who do are very successful because they are in line with expectation.
Pros
free pound of coffee per week
Cons
workload increases every day
Solid job, great training
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC6 November 2017
Fun place to work, you gain lots of skills and it looks great on a resume. Great staff and great drinks. They are very ethical and promote workplace equality.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
random hours
Great and fun place to work!
Barista (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 November 2017
I worked at Starbucks for 1 and a half years and I loved it. The people I worked with were fun and easy to get along with and I always enjoyed going to work. It was a busy job that kept you always moving but that made time go by fast.
Pros
Free coffee, around coffee all day to keep you energized, got tips each week
Cons
Very messy job
Tiring but fun workplace
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saskatchewan3 November 2017
It's a good place to work. Lots of benefits and free drinks. Salary is good. It depends on the location of the store you're working at, but currently the store that I have has the most adorable persons to work with.
Worked here Part Time for 5 years
Barista (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON3 November 2017
I worked at Starbucks for 5 years. Great Corporate Responsibility, awesome options for advancement for staff and great benefits for everyone that works there.
Pros
great Benefits, options for advancement
Cons
No Cons
Fun, busy place to work
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB2 November 2017
It was fun to work here,you get to work with a great team and learn new things about different people every day as well as make lasting connections with regular customers.

only butt heads with managers sometimes
Great Benefits and perks
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 November 2017
Loved the free pound of coffee every week and the benefits are great. Some of the technologies are majorly outdated which affected my role often. Loved the people I worked with, they were all amazing.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 November 2017
Very very fast paced and demanding of memorization. Can be hectic and you are exposed to a wide variety of individuals to work with. Starbucks is an excellent place for young people to gain experience and make mistakes.
Pros
Free drinks on shift, free bag of coffee/tea a week, 30-40% off all the time, regular raises
Cons
not consistent hours, sales driven
great workplace!
Barista Trainer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 October 2017
Hands down my favourite job! So much opportunity to advance in the company. In fact it is encouraged. Fast paced but lots of fun. Great benefits for all employees (part time or full time).
Productive and engaging work place
Barista (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON30 October 2017
Treats employees well, gives ample time for training, encouraging towards employees, good benefits. Work is challenging but fun. Can be a bit overwhelming at times, but that's typical of amy customer service job, really.
High demands for minimal wage and part time only
Barista/Cashier (part time) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 October 2017
minimal payment. you can receive this money anywhere without qualifications. part-time only. High demands on workers for low pay.
Good language training