Starbucks Employee Reviews

fun until supervisor moved away
Barista (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 January 2018
I absolutely liked working with my supervisor and other fellow employees. One employee who I worked with on a regular basis was always rude and started arguments with myself for no apparent reason.
Pros
lunch was provided for a cost of $3 and free drinks
Cons
supervisor left
Not welcoming or understanding
Starbucks Barista (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC13 January 2018
my manager at starbucks was very rude and picked favorites, but only at the second store i worked at, my first manager was amazing, my newest manager gives me terrible hours and she chooses the people she likes to give hours to even though theyre terrible at their job, and she also has no idea what shes doing
Pros
free drinks
Cons
awfulhours
Unless you're in a really high volume aka profitable store, avoid.
Supervisor/Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 January 2018
Horrible management, baristas and shift leads are always overworked in order to save on labour. Unrealistic expectations of employees. Management bordered on abusive and companies were not taken seriously. Managers are stressed and take it out on their shift leads.
Benefits
Cons
Overworked
Great Culture
Barista (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 January 2018
I really enjoyed my time with the company. The management was great from the start in making sure I understood the values and goals of being a team member.
Fun comfortable place to be
Barista (Current Employee) –  Yorkdale, ON12 January 2018
A typical day at work is busy and fast paced - due to the mall location I worked at. Sometimes you meet nice people, sometimes mean. Management is strict but nice.
horrible place
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2018
the management likes to save themselves. harassment of all kinds goes on and only the good workers take the blame never ever work for this company. scheduling is poor they over work the staff
Build my Business Acumen
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary11 January 2018
This was a great job to learn about business! Hiring, training, staffing, scheduling, supply ordering, equipment maintenance, P&L analysis, developing people, everything! I started as a 17 year old barista and came back to the company twice because I loved the culture.
Pros
Great for teaching job skills
Cons
Early Mornings
Amazing experience
Barista (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB11 January 2018
I loved the experience working at starbucks and enjoying the atmosphere. However there was some poor management issues. The fast pace environment is awesome.
Pros
Free drinks
Harsh but a Learning experience
Barista (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON10 January 2018
Very busy, especially during the Peak times. Regardless, got to learn a lot about customers services and how to please customers. The experience looks great on your resume and it was a great stepping stone for my developing career path.
Pros
Customer service experience
Cons
very busy and stressful
Positive experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2018
The staff at Starbucks was friendly and the customers were usually pleasant. Day to day activities were preparing and serving food and beverages to the satisfaction of each and every customer. Overall a good place to work and I would recommend.

Want to know more about Starbucks?

Ask a question
Great first job to learn customer service basics
Barista (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2018
Working at Starbucks was a great experience. It was my first position in customer service and helped provide me with the tools I continue to use for the job I'm doing now.
Pros
Partner discount
Cons
Very early mornings
Slightly stressful, but very fun and rewarding
Barista (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2018
Being a partner was an extremely rewarding experience. My other partners at my store became my second family, and i wouldn't have had it any other way. The work could be stressful at times, especially at peak hours or during the holidays, but you can always count on your other partners to support you.

Starbucks teaches you how important it is to work in a team and how to work efficiently under pressure. Although the job can be stressful at times, the regulars that come into the store make everything worth it. You learn to form a bond with your regulars - remembering their names, orders, and sometimes parts of their lives. They aren't just another customer to you.

The managers can be extremely understanding and flexible with hours, which helps a lot if you're a student or work other jobs on the side. The benefits are amazing, if not the best I've seen from any other large corporations.
Pros
Benefits, flexibility
Cons
Irregular schedules/hours
Great place to work!
Barista (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON9 January 2018
I enjoyed working for Starbucks. They care a lot about their employees and about customer service. The team I worked with were a great group of people and I found that was mirrored in many other Starbucks locations in my area. I would recommend anyone and everyone to apply as it is a great position to have.
great place to work
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON9 January 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know new partners and customers. Building long lasting relationships make work not feel like work.I learned how to constantly treat people in the general public with kindness and understanding even though I wasn't always treated with the same regard. workplace culture is fun and hard working. the most challenging aspect was upper management consistently changing what is expected in a certain job role.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
unstable structure from upper management
Great Company
Tea Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2018
The best company to ever work for. The pay and benefits are above the average rate. Benefits for part time workers. Flexible Schedule and a great face pace environtment
Enjoyable and amazing
Barista (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 January 2018
My day would include either being positioned at cash or bar, depending on where I was situated I would either take orders and prepare food or make drinks. During the day the Cafe would have to be cleaned regularly to maintain the QASA standards. I learned a lot about coffee and tea products along with different ways of preparing and making drinks based with coffee and or tea. The management was good but had lots of turnover. The hardest part was dealing with rude or angry customers but can easily be handled. The whole job was enjoyable.
Great Job
Barista (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC8 January 2018
Great place to learn customer service skills. Fun and friendly environment. Great place for students or people who are passionate about coffee. many opportunities to move up in the company.
good
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON8 January 2018
i worked here for 4 years and it was a positive environment. i got to work with a lot of fun people and drink free coffee. they offer the best benefits
Fun and a place to grow
Barista (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 January 2018
it is really fun to work at Starbucks I learned a lot being disciplined and be my self. However, I experienced being discriminated at the location where do I work. But some people re nice.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
not good hours
A very by-the-book place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 January 2018
Starbucks is filled with manuals on how to do everything, including steam milk. So long as you know the rules, and can work quickly, anyone can do the job!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.