Starbucks Employee Reviews

Found 1,260 reviews matching the search
More than a coffee shop
Barista (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC11 July 2017
Working at Starbucks is more than a coffee shop. To me, it was like having a home away from home. I was able to develop a great relationship with my customers and still carry those bonds past my job today when I see them around town.
Difficult if you have never been around an espresso machine
Barista (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 July 2017
I didn't work at Starbucks long enough to be able to give a proper review. I definitely was unable to grasp working on the hot and cold bar, too many drinks to remember as well as steaming milk is seriously a skill. I was fortunate to have a great manager and team that tried their best to help me but I was still unable to feel confident enough to be a barista
Great culture, inclusive & respectful
Regional Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 July 2017
Fantastic organization of learning and growth. Rewarding experiences of building lasting relationships with great people/employees and customers. High pace, rapid change and innovation.
Great place to work with some really friendly people.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 July 2017
Challenging and motivational company to work for.. always trying to get you to strive for your best. This is a great place to move up and forward in your career.
Loved Working Here...Except for the Manager
Barista (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON10 July 2017
I loved working at Starbucks, and I wish I still worked there, my only issue was the location where I worked due to a lot bad managers who didn't stay.
fun place to work
Barista (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC9 July 2017
greeted customers, made drinks, engaged with customers, cleaned, brewed coffee, made garbage runs, restocked items, bussed tables. The management wasn't that genuine but the customers were usually always nice
Pros
free drinks
Cons
cleaning toilets
Company has great values
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North York, ON8 July 2017
When you have a great team with you, anything can be achieved. From sales goals to target food sales per hour. You learn a lot about moments of connections and the hardest part about brewing coffee was getting the filters apart.
benefits
Cons
management
Good student job with flexible hours
Barista/Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 July 2017
The job satisfaction is going to depend a lot on your location & team. It can be great. It can also be another corporation that doesn't look past numbers. This job is incredibly labour intensive. There is a lot of cleaning, constant movement, and very physically demanding. Baristas only make minimum wage. Shifts start at $13/hour (not enough if you ask me).
office
Customer service / barista (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 July 2017
i always have a fun when i work place and with my co worker . i have a good attitude .my coworking we still have keep in touch. i had amazing time with them.
Hard work but rewarding
Barista (Current Employee) –  South Pasadena7 July 2017
It is a fast paced job that requires lots of focus and the learning curve is quite steep when you start. You need to learn lots of drinks and be able to do every job behind the bar efficiently and effectively. You will make lots of mistakes while starting out but after months of working there you will develop the skill set to excel at the job if you put an effort forward.
Pros
free food, free drinks
Cons
lots of cleaning
Productive and fun workplace!
Barista and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 July 2017
Starbucks Is a fast-base place, I love the energy and the proficiency that we have on the floor all the time!

We had a great amount of breaks to charge up and be more productive and energetic.
Fast paced
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC6 July 2017
I enjoy working at starbucks because you will never be bored. Thee are always many tasks you can do and many customers that you can help! I found the hardest part of this job is rush hour if you are working alone.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Rush hour is stressful
Fun working environment with great incentives.
Barista (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 July 2017
Overall, working at Starbucks has been a very positive experience. My customer service and interpersonal skills have greatly improved. as a result of being challenged to build meaningful relationships with my coworkers and customers. Starbucks offers great incentives as a Barista; benefits, tuition reimbursement, etc.
Pros
Weekly mark outs on coffee and tea, 30% discount on all merchandise, free drinks before, during, and after shift.
Cons
Shift work, inconsistent hours of work
Easy flexible work environment
Barista (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC6 July 2017
Learned how to deal with any situation i'm put in, which taught me to be fast in the busy workplace. I'm grateful for the easygoing environment the management is with my school schedule.
fun workplace
Barista and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB6 July 2017
Very easy going. loving partners and fun job. Very organized and always payed tips and wage on time. Very had an issue with any staff. Everyone was very friendly
Busy environment and your shift goes by really fast.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver Island, BC5 July 2017
Fast paced environment with lots to remember. I have learned to prioritize very quickly and have learned exceptional customer service skills as well as, training new staff.
Pros
Quick shifts
Cons
staff turnover and retraining
Worked in Starbucks in Safeway
Coffee Server/Barista (Former Employee) –  Safeway South4 July 2017
I worked with Safeway so I didn't get the whole Starbucks experience.I got paid $10.75 an hour and unlike normal Starbucks, we couldn't get free drinks or any of those perks. It was not the greatest job but it offered security since Safeway is unionized.
Productive, fun, great experience
Barista/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 July 2017
Starbucks overall is a wonderful company to work for. They really care about their employees. It's a great place to work when you want to build customer connections. And a good way to put your memory to the test by having complete product knowledge.
Great place to work for, environment is great and couldnt have asked for a better manager
Barista (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 July 2017
Since I've worked at Starbucks I've had an exceptional time. Everyone was very helpful and understanding. The people I've met have been some of the best coworkers I've had and the management of my store has been amazing. Top notch.
Pros
free drinks and 30% off
Cons
short hours
Fun
Barista (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 July 2017
Loved working here. Being able to serve the same customers every day for many years was fun. They weren't customers to me anymore, they became like friends. Made it feel like I wasn't working.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2