Starbucks Employee Reviews

Found 1,086 reviews matching the search
Friendly and enjoyable workplace
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 April 2017
Starbucks is a great company. They value you as a partner and teach you how to work in extremely fast-paced environments. The best part of the job is the people.
Great workplace, great people, great culture
Barista (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 April 2017
For over three years I worked as a barista in several locations (and picking up shifts all over Toronto). I found the work practices to be consistent across the board. Management was supportive and engaged in employee welfare. Benefits are available for part-time employees, which is not something seen in many companies and was very valued.
Pros
Free drinks on shift, discounts off-shift, fun, flexible
Cons
Pay could be more in line with cost of living
Productive and fun environment
Barista (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 April 2017
Working in Starbucks is always a productive day. There is always a chance of making someone's day and lighten up their mood first thing in the morning.
Fun place to work but pays peanuts and management fluctuates
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  Southgate Starbucks10 April 2017
Very fun to interact with customers
You can end up with a bad manager that ruins everything for you but if you get a good manager it is a great place to work. I wish it would have paid more.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
managers vary
Fun Place to work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON10 April 2017
Fun place to work with fun people. Clientele is fairly particular but usually very friendly!

Work is sometimes hectic, but sometimes laid back. The kind of job that you can make the most of.
fun social and productive workplace
Barista (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 April 2017
Mornings are always great , you can wake up start your day by putting a smile on someones face. You are forever learning at Starbucks. There is always new product, new creations and new faces with interesting stories. The management is always pretty great and they usually can help you with anything you need. Hardest part of the job would be when you get your rush, but as long as you follow all your assigned duties you'll be fine.This job overall is very enjoyable its a great environment and there's always great people to brighten up your day.
Pros
coffee knowledge, latte art
Cons
steady days long hours
Ok place to work
Starbucks Barista (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON8 April 2017
This place is an alright place to work and if your first starting out it's the job for you. However it is overwhelming and depending on how good the management is I'd say you are better off working somewhere else as they definitely need to improve on baristas needs within the company.
Pros
Free drinks during work
Cons
They do not pay attention to your needs
Interesting place to work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 April 2017
It's all about connecting with customers. Nice benefits, but also you need to be ready work under pressure. Carrier possibility available, just need to show your efforts.
Fast Paced
Barista (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB7 April 2017
Good company to work for, it does have a few flaws like any other company. The people I work with and the amazing customers is what makes the job great.
Pros
Markouts, Partner Discounts
Cons
Sporatic Shifts
Fun
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 April 2017
Great environment, great customers and crew! Low staff lead to poor scheduling and issues within store though and management was very poorly done. Overall it was fairly fun though

Want to know more about Starbucks?

Ask a question
Love this place.
Barista (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB6 April 2017
Great company to work for, the staff always gets along and you become a family, lots of benefits, raises every 6 months, customers become really close with you.
Pros
Benefits, the atmosphere, customer relations.
Cons
Drama sometimes.
Great Company with Ethical Morals
Barista (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC5 April 2017
Starbucks is a great company to work for if you are a student looking to pick up part time work. schedules are flexible and pay is okay. Management is great depending on who you get but overall would recommend as a good choice for a first job
Amazing culture
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 April 2017
The culture of Starbucks is one of the best I have seen in retail. Lots of room for advancement and lots of resources for development. They really empower their managers to think outside of the box and run their business.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Non fixed schedule
great workplace
Barista (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB4 April 2017
This was my first job I learned a lot here about customer service and coffee. we learned the different flavour profiles and how to pair them. the days weren't long and hours are flexible. busy coffee shop always people coming and going, great place for a first job.
Pros
free drinks, discounts
Overall pleasant company to work for
Barista (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 April 2017
Free coffee and making amazing friends along the way makes for a very enjoyable working environment. There are various labour issues and in my store some scheduling issues but despite these things its a wonderful job!
Pros
FREE COFFEE
Cons
difficult customers
Overall Good Experience
BARISTA (Former Employee) –  Streetsville, ON3 April 2017
The job was very fun but it is a commitment. Working at Starbucks you basically live there even as a part time employee. I was grateful to pick up customer service skills through my time there. Management could have been a little better, although at times it was understandable because my store was understaffed. Coworkers and customers were very friendly.
great place to work
Barista (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC3 April 2017
Great place, great people, awesome staff. management was awesome and super supportive. The people I worked with made the job fun and easy to learn. Over all just loved my job.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
little hours durring week
Fun workplace, corporate doesn't protect employees very well.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 April 2017
I loved working with my team and making customers feel special. Corporate didn't protect the retail employees very well. They were more concerned with keeping customers happy that they would throw retail employees under the bus to save face. However, working in the stores with my team was lots of fun and the experience taught me a lot about sales and teamwork.
Fun work place
Barista (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 April 2017
-Great work place when your team and manager are friendly
-good place to learn how to connect with people
-everyday there is new things to learn at starbucks
Interesting job
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC1 April 2017
People are very outgoing and friendly in Starbucks.They manage to hire people with good interpersonal skills and the ability to smile.most folks that I have waited with are quite patient with the staff- seeming to realize that they are working as quickly as possible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2