Starbucks Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive and Fun Workplace
Barista (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ONJune 28, 2016
I learned to work effectively as a part of a team in a high-stress, results-oriented environment. My co-workers essentially became my second family away from home. The hardest part of the job was dealing with unsatisfied customers and the most enjoyable part of the job was making those unsatisfied customers happy by giving them the starbucks experience.
productive, fun work environment, allowed me to progress
partner (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ONJune 13, 2016
I enjoyed working with the management, I had the opportunity to interact with managers, district managers and even the president of Starbucks and got the chance to see how they maintain the Starbucks culture.
Pros
great culture, work environment, create lasting friendships and relationships with partners and customers
Cons
I didn't find any cons
Good Luck...Be Weary...ASK Questions before taking the job!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 30, 2016
Came in from the outside. This is a very tough transition!

Was hired for one area, but they moved sent me to a different area to train. $7-$9 per day parking that I had not anticipated! Plus a good 45 min drive away!
Negotiated to get my benefits from day 1...took me almost 2 months of calls and follow up to get it done. No help from anyone.

The training manager I had was a NIGHTMARE! Total ego maniac and a bully! Unreal. The Starbucks "Nurture and Inspire" had no place in my experience.
This was the worst employment experience of my career.

Will say...the partners are/were amazing! Great group of dedicated people who were alot of fun.

Make sure to ask all your questions up front. Clarify!
Pros
drinks, the customers
Cons
Zero work life balance...don't do it if your a parent with young kids
A great job while in university, meet the best people Toronto
Barista (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 27, 2016
Starbucks company is build on such a great management structure everything is laid out. When paired up with the store that suits you , coming to work is like hanging out with friends! When you need a shift to be cover you can reach out to other partners as well, this makes it ideal for students that are still in school.
Pros
great team
Amazing experience
Barista (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONMay 12, 2016
I loved working at Starbucks. The training was great, although there was a small learning curve to remember all of the products. I considered this to be hardest. Once I did, I enjoyed the customer service focused approach. The values of the company were very much in line with my own. Creating the drinks appealed to my artistic side, and I enjoyed developing strong relationships with the customer which made the business side of things.

I would definitely work for this company again.
Pros
Great training, good company values, great products
Cons
Busy Lineups, Customers Can Be Demanding
Great Coworkers
Barista (Former Employee) –  Dundas, ONMay 30, 2016
The job was straightforward, only challenge was dealing with large volumes of customers. The people you work with are usually friendly and helpful, just like you would experience as a customer.
They did require quite a bit of availability considering it was a part-time minimum wage job, and it was difficult to get long periods of time off even if business was slow and I wasn't necessarily needed.
Great problem solving need and great to keep you busy.
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  380 CoventryMay 18, 2016
Working at a drive-thru Starbucks can be crazy, especially in the winter mornings but thats what I loved about it. It was never a dull moment and the customers were great. I felt like I was an unintentional chemist, working with all the different drinks, the ways to make them. It was great despite some coworkers rubbing me the wrong way but in the end it all worked out.
i love working in starbucks because of people and nature of work
Barista/Server (Former Employee) –  philippinesJuly 3, 2016
Working in Starbucks is a priviliged. Dealing with different kind of people is fun. Preparing drinks for them is self fulfillment knowing that they are happy and satisfied with the drink that I made. Management helps me alot to motivate myself and to be a good leader also.
Pros
free employee beverages
Fun and Educational Work Experience
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 8, 2016
Starbucks is an exceptional company to be a part of the team at. There was always something new to learn, be it coffee knowledge or a new way to do a task you thought you knew inside and out. There is always room for growth. Most of the time your coworkers are superb and fun, like-minded people to work with. The hardest part of the job is definitely keeping a level head and a cool mind when things may not always go according to plan, the calmer you remain, the easier it is to get through. The most enjoyable part was the constant customer interaction. Getting to know your clientele and feeling like an important part of their day is so rewarding.
Pros
Benefits, Flexible Hours, Fun work team
Cons
Hard to move past certain management points
great place!
Barista (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 26, 2016
Starbucks is a great place to work! the benefits are great, the opportunities are innumerable! My co-workers are really great people and wonderful to work with. Starbucks partners also get stock grants, and discounts on stocks. Tuition and book reimbursement Part-time and full time employees are also eligible for health benefits after 3 months. over all just a really great company Starbucks gives you many great opportunity, including general skills development such as customer service, people skills and time management.
Pros
free drinks, lots of discounts and perks
Cons
weird hours - could sometimes start work at 5AM
Great
Barista (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKApril 25, 2016
learning how to make high quality drinks and becoming very familiar with how drinks are made and the machines work. getting to interact with some wonderful customers who try to get to know as much as you want to get to know them. Management is very flexible and try to accommodate your life and hire people who are fun to work with. The overall job isn't hard it just involves a lot of standing and interacting with people. The best part of the job is building those regulars and getting to interact with them everyday. Also your free coffee mark outs and partner beverages while you work
Pros
Partners Beverages, Weekly Coffee Markout, Benefits
Cons
Pay
productive and a great place to work!
Barista (Current Employee) –  Delta, BCMay 4, 2016
Starbucks is a great company to work for. Connecting with your partners and the community builds you as a worker and as a person. Management is always on point and takes great care or their employees. Training is provided, which helps with the volume of individual stores. Working for Starbucks is benifical and fun!
Pros
Partner discounts, great people to work with
Cons
Standing for long hours
Great workplace, Friendly people, Long lasting friends.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 20, 2016
I would come in, and be really excited to see all the other colleagues, which were more like friends then coworkers. You would learn new drinks, new techniques to make your job easier and serve people faster. Most people would find the multitasking and making drinks and putting people through being hard but its actually really easy when you get a good flow to the way you do it. Best part about the job is all the great people you get to know and people who become your regular customers and best friends.
Pros
Free drinks, 30 percent discount
Cons
Fun workplace and amazing coworkers
Barista (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 20, 2016
When I first began working there, I was nervous. But I was welcomed onto the team quickly and the partners were very welcoming. The store manager is really kind and is someone you can talk to about pretty much anything.
Pros
Free drinks before, after, and during shift, good benefits, and free coffee or tea every week
Cons
Shift work
Great environment, friendly people
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  Thompson, MBMay 19, 2016
The space is small and tight, it was fast paste and because we were alone it was harder. costumers would get impatient and upset at times.
The washing zones was hard on our hands, mine dried up and were then sensitive and i couldn't do the dishes quick, we couldn't wear the latex gloves provided because our boss was allergic.
Cons
working alone
A great place to work and build meaningful relationships with likeminded individuals.
Barista / Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONJuly 28, 2016
An excellent team environment to work in. Great interpersonal skills are an asset because you can build a lot of meaningful friendships within this company.
Pros
Benefits plan, stock options and employee discount.
Cons
Physically demanding.
Productive and fun workplace to work in
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  4 King West Toronto, ONJune 3, 2016
Starbucks provides a very welcoming environment where baristas have the freedom to add their personality in the workplace and essentially allowing them to provide a personal individual service to the customers. This liberation is what makes the customers become part of Starbucks every day.
Pros
Free drinks
Productive, fun and easy job
Barista/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 13, 2016
A typical day at work is a fun day.
The co-workers are nice and easy to get along with, learning to make drinks is the funnest part of the job.
the hardest part of the job is when we are short-staffed, and there are a lot of people in line, in both the cafe and drive-thru.
Pros
Free coffee weekly
Cons
not enough hours
Great Training and Customer Service Experience
Barista (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONJune 7, 2016
Starbucks is a great company if you want to learn to how to balance customer service as well as providing efficient services. They're training is reliable and professional. Probably the best part about working for them.
Pros
Training, opportunity for advancement
Cons
Physical Demand (ie. Opening, closing shifts)
the manegment needs some help
Barista (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 13, 2016
I learned how having to do things in a timely and proper manner under pressure and dealing with unhappy customers and their needs. but i also leanred how to make friends and be responsible with time and people skills. It easy to have an availabilty there but the hours are terrible because of you take a certain day off then the your hours get cut and it just doesnt work.
Pros
free drinks when on floor
Cons
stressful and little pay