Starbucks Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Fun environment
Barista (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 5, 2016
I really enjoyed the people I worked with and the experience I had working at starbucks. I believe it gave me good experience to go and apply to similar customer service jobs in confidence.
Enjoyable and Great Environment
Barista (Seasonal Full-time) (Former Employee), Burlington, ONApril 5, 2016
Working at Starbucks is an amazing experience. The people who work there are very friendly and helpful to new employees. Although the management is very strict, they do still respect your personal struggles (ie. mental health). Helping the customers and learning how to make the drinks is by the far the most enjoyable.
Internship in Housekeeping Department
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 2, 2016
Un- payed internship.
Performing as room attendant as a main job.
Along the work I would be given jobs as house person, laundry room attendant.
Great Place to Start Working Career
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONApril 2, 2016
- chance to hone customer service skills
- proven leadership
- excellent perks
- excellent mangement team
- customers are great!
Barista (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONMarch 30, 2016
Get benefits even for part time partners. Really accommodating to your personal life schedule. Able to relocate/ transfer to locations all over canada which is super awesome if you plan on moving
Great workplace!
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee), Moncton, NBMarch 29, 2016
Pros: Free drinks, universal 30% employee discount, great employee benefits.
Cons: Not enough hours!
Starbucks is a great place to work! the benefits are great, the opportunities are innumerable, the wage is slightly better than minimum! my only complaint would be the inconsistent availability of hours, and slow to the draw management. over all, my experience working at Starbucks has been the best work experience I've had.
Great general work experience
Shift Supervisor/Barista (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 29, 2016
Starbucks gives you many great opportunity, including general skills development such as customer service, people skills and time management. Company is very organized and training is very easily followed. The hardest part of the job is time management, because you need to be able to manage your time properly whilst maintaining the quality of your work.
Wonderful work environment, great management
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 29, 2016
Pros: free lunches
Absolutely love the customers

Amazing team to work with

This company works around your school schedule

Great management

you are responsible for counting your till at the end of every shift

Amazing training provided
Customers service
Barista (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 28, 2016
I have enjoyed working part of the starbucks team where every day as a new challenge. The team is managed and coordinated well. All my co-workers are friendly and I get along with them all. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the challenges. However, one always can learn from mistakes and try ti improve themselves.
There is no place like it
Barista (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 28, 2016
Pros: the culture
Cons: early mornings
I haven't worked for many companies but i would have to say Starbucks is the most fun! You can be yourself and make friends with not only your co-workers but the customer as well.
A Great Company That Wants The Best For You
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 27, 2016
Pros: Pastries at the end of the night, discounts outside of Starbucks, 30% Off all Starbucks merch and beverages
When you arrive at Starbucks everyday, you know you're walking into a positive environment. You always have the same connection with your customers, which at Starbucks is above and beyond satisfaction. I've learned how to manage my time effectively and have gained the extensive customer service experience needed to take me to the next level. Management and partners are always great to be around. Nothing is ever hard working for the company; aside from my specific location. In the heart of Toronto, we have a lot of homeless and underprivileged adults that come in and some times cause a disruption but sometimes just need a place to sit or have a glass of iced water. I've learned how to work in those tough situations and have learned how to keep our store and employees safe. I brag to my friends on how great of a company it is to work for. The most enjoyable part for me is connecting with my customers while attempting my latte art! That's all from me!
They ight
Barista (Former Employee), Regina, SKMarch 27, 2016
Pros: none
Cons: none
it was an aright place to work . i meet new people both bad and good but most of the time it will be good. yes and that pretty much all the is so if your not really a peoples person then it wont be for you.
Engaging, productive, and educational environment
Cashier & Barista (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 25, 2016
Pros: free beverage during break
Cons: short shifts
It was wonderful to engage with customers and employees while being efficient to complete duties during each shift. Working at starbucks an employees responsibility is to have knowledge on the coffee culture and share it with customers. Each sale we informed customers concern on the product they are purchasing such as, a beverage and their preference on flavour, health or expense. The first three weeks the hardest part of the job was memorizing all ingredients for each beverage during the holidays, however, once rush hour then it became habitual to assemble beverages. Practice makes perfect. The most enjoyable was interacting with employees and customers and being able to decorate for the holidays as there's always new seasonal beverages
Enjoyable
Barista (Former Employee), CanadaMarch 24, 2016
Like I said in my previous review, very lovely place to work. Always had good shifts and enjoyed all my co workers. I would definitely like to work in a place similar to this again.
co workers are nice but the management lacked organization
Barista - Prepares multiple drinks (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 24, 2016
left due to poor management but the company was fun to work for while it lasted. was never properly trained WHICH MADE WORK DIFFICULT
I little about Starbucks
Barista (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 23, 2016
Pros: Friendship
Cons: Wage
As a Starbucks employee you should setup everything that will be used.
Greet customers with smile and take he or she order.
Brew coffee and make drinks as well handle pastry.
I learned about the coffee culture and about sales. Being a foreign, I learned as well the local idiom.
I had 5 managers in less than 2 years. They have different characteristics but the one that hired me was the best.
While I have amazing co-workers (friends, professionals and hard workers) I have co-workers that only are there to make money to party. So they're no professionals, immature and too lazy.
The hardest part its the morning rush hour where everybody wants be attended fast and the most enjoyable part its try many kinds of coffees, drinks and pastry free.
people management needs to improve
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 22, 2016
At Starbucks the only thing I can comment is the people who work in the company specially the management people. People management at Starbucks needs to Improve
Great work environment, great employees, and a nice calm atmosphere.
Customer Supporter (Former Employee), Surrey, BCMarch 19, 2016
Pros: free drinks
Cons: the occasional rude customer
A typical day at work was very laid back, there is no strenuous work involved. Mostly a very great work environment but the occasional cranky customer is the only downside.
Unrealistic expectations for a minimum wage position
Barista (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 18, 2016
Pros: Free beverages with every break
Cons: Unrealistic expectations and an unhappy work environment
Working at Starbucks was by far the worst job experience I have ever encountered. The over sized company merely thinks of you as a number in their system as opposed to the actual human being that you are, creating an unsettling and unwelcoming environment in the workplace. Supervisors were trained to put down their co-workers instead of help them succeed and move forward in the workplace.
Fun, easy going, comfortable
Barista (Former Employee), Whistler, BCMarch 17, 2016
Pros: Free drinks, good benefits
Cons: Drink memorizing
Working with other people in Starbucks was a great experience. For the day to follow well everyone must work as a team and there were no problems in doing that. Everyone got along great and people rolls of the day were established and followed easily. I learned great team work and communication. Communication was such an important skill in working with the starbucks company and I was able to build up relationships with a lot of the customers at the store. Unfortunately I was only working in Whistler for the summer, otherwise I would still be working there. The hardest part of the job was learning the 86,000 combinations of drinks they had on the menu. The easy part of the job was feeling like I was a part of the team
Revenue