Starbucks Employee Reviews

Found 1,356 reviews matching the search
Fun work place to work
Barista (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 September 2017
Working at Starbucks, allowed me to further grow and develop customer service skills as I was able to have friendly conversations with many different types of customers.

Working with the co-workers took some time for me to slowly be myself as I am little bit shy at first. Once I am used to the environment I am very open, talkative, hardworking and try my best to be one of the helpful member of the team by being productive and not slacking off.
Pros
Free Drinks
Cons
Picky Customers
Good work low pay
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON5 September 2017
The job is great and for myself it was in a good environment with the best people. As you work your way up though, the pay doesn't tend to reflect the amount of responsibilities that you are enduring to run the company.
Pros
discounts, free coffee, wide range of hours
Cons
low wage, unhappy customers, repetative actions
Fast paced
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 September 2017
Managed 20-30 employees including selecting, hiring, scheduling and staff reviews. Dynamic customer service, inventory management and spending within a budget. P&L and budgetary decicions made
decent job, takes a few month to feel fully confidant with everything.
Cashier/ Barista (Current Employee) –  Canada4 September 2017
they made it very difficult for baristas to get full time and would purposely cut peoples hours short so they wouldn't get the required hours to receive benefits.
Great Environment!
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON; South Keys, ON4 September 2017
Not my first job in Customer Service and Foods, but Starbucks (depending on your location) will either be a dynamic workplace or a welcoming environment. I was cast a good lot, both at a Richmond Hill location and at a South Keys location (York Region and Ottawa respectively).

The pay is increased every 6 months, you get a free beverage before, during (each break), and after every shift if you wish. You get 30% Everything in the store, you get a free coffee/tea mark out each week to ensure that you're well acquainted with their products, and from working just 20 hours a week, you're eligible for basic benefits.

Management was exceptional on my end, but this will obviously depend on the location and one's personality in relation to their superiors.

Likewise, my colleagues were friendly, welcoming, and ultimately diverse. Everyone has a different story, and most have different aims and goals in life. As long as you're open to learning, you'll be able to adapt well. Yes, customers can be quite awful, but it'll only bring your team together!

You'll have regular customers-some great, and some terrible, but above all, you'll ultimately be forced to meet people from multiple workplaces-and I say 'forced' because you'll have to adhere to their motto of 'moments of connection.' That being said, it'll be a great opportunity to learn a little about what goes on in various job fields, while lighting up both yours and the customer's day. If you're lucky, it'll also be a networking opportunity! After all, most people can't seem to have a good day without a coffee!
Pros
- Benefits, Discounts and Free Drinks, Valuable Communication Skills, and a Diverse Team
Cons
- Learning drinks can be quite a bit of pressure at first
Fast paced envioronment
Barista and Cashier (Current Employee) –  London, ON2 September 2017
Can be a very fun place to work and customer relationships gained is amazing. The fast pace and goals you can set for yourself are definitely satisfying.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Random scheduled off days
Not an enjoyable experience
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC31 August 2017
the most stressful job I've ever had. The management is very poor and I have never felt valued or important to the company. Although it was enjoyable to be a barista and the social aspect was good. the company itself is not one id want to work for again
Pros
free coffee
Cons
early mornings
Productive and friendly customer services
Barista and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 August 2017
Generally very good, the cleaning had been done meticulously, great brand culture, very welcome to team players, the foods provided always fresh, had a great experience worked there.
Great Company
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 August 2017
The company and culture at Starbucks is fantastic. 100% accepting of anyone who wants to work there. Fast paced, and fun atmosphere. Everything you would think the company should be.
Productive and fun place to work
Barista (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON31 August 2017
Starbucks in the Falls is very busy and you are introduced to many different cultures. It is fast paced and a very fun atmosphere. However if you are looking to get holidays off it is a very slim chance as it is considered a tourist job in the area I worked in so you do not get American or Canadian holidays off of work.
Overall pretty sweet
Barista/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON30 August 2017
I worked at Starbucks for 4 years and through different locations I have noticed one growing trend: upper management needs to get on the floor. Towards the end of my employment there, there was growing pressure to provide customer service which included being extremely pushy towards customers and their need for a lemon loaf. Working there gave me so many skills, but for one to come to their own at Starbucks they need to be given the chance to get interested in making connections outside of profit.

The choices in employees is usually great and managers sure know how to pick 'em. The standards are high and most of the time you'll find your work friends are the coolest people you'll ever meet.
Pros
fellow baristas/ supervisors, free drinks, discount
Cons
District Managers
lovely and rewarding
Barista/Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jasper Gates Starbucks, Edmonton, AB29 August 2017
Overall working for Starbucks has been a rewarding experience. They push you to grow and learn new things. Connecting with customers is a wonderful experience to have every day. I have seen myself grow in many ways. I am surprised by my drive to push my own boundaries since starting with Starbucks. I feel more outgoing and more driven to find a career I truly am passionate about.
Pros
free coffee
Overall a great job, teaches you a lot about customer service and a fun atmosphere
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON29 August 2017
I find sometimes the expectations within the job are more than we are getting paid for, but overall would recommend this job to anyone. Fun place to work.
great relational partners!
Barista (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB28 August 2017
The partners I've had the opportunity working with have made me feel welcome and a part of the team and it has made it tremendously fun to work for this company!
Pros
lots of people work and will openly take shifts if you need time off
Cons
the management is very poor.
Fun work enviroment with an upbeat attitude!
Barista (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB28 August 2017
Starbucks was a very positive place to work. Fast paced and constantly changing, it kept everybody on their toes! The management personally cared for their staff and any issues were dealt with promptly!
stressful
Store Manger (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON27 August 2017
Wasn't the best workplace. Very stressful and not a supportive company. I wouldn't support this company. Sorry I was just being honest.The higher management wasn't run to standards.
Entertaining, fun
Barista (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 August 2017
Working with starbucks taught me not only customer service but also life lesson. Even though some days were tiring and stressful, it is fun and entertaining. I enjoy working here, getting to meet and work with a lot of people, and having regulars to have a conversation with.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Stress during rush hours
fun and productive
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 August 2017
The benefits were great and the people were great to work with. I enjoyed interacting with the customers. Management genuinely cared about the achievements of the employees.
Upbeat place to work.
Barista (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB25 August 2017
Although Starbucks does not pay very high, and old employees often have similar pay as the new employees, Starbucks offers amazing benefits, as well as many coffee perks. They treat both their staff and their ,customers with outstanding respect. They focus on providing a warm and welcoming place, and throughout the training you're very often reminded of how to be treated, and treat others. It's a very busy and fast paced job, so you must be prepared to work well with a team. Doing your part of the job is very important. The company wants all partners to befriend one another, which makes the atmosphere very warm. The hardest part of the job is the amount of stress during particular days, which harms others moods, making the workplace a little bit toxic. It's important to leave home problems at the door, and keep a positive vibe about you during the work day.
Good for when you are in school
Barista (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB25 August 2017
I loved working at Starbucks it was a fun work environment! I was able to keep up with school and still work. The work was easy and making drinks was vary fun!
Pros
Free beverages
Cons
High stress

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.