Starbucks Employee Reviews

Found 1,157 reviews matching the search
Good energy
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC12 May 2017
everyone is so happy and its such a great time coming in to work and seeing smiles on everyone's faces. i love working on till and having conversations with the customers.
Pros
partner beverages, markouts and discounts
Cons
lineups on your 15 minute breaks when you want a drink.
It all depends on which location you're at
Barista (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 May 2017
Location pretty much determines your career success and how far you will go. My location was not one of the greatest and I was miserable majority of my time there. However, being a barista at Starbucks was a great experience and I will never regret working there! :)
its ok for students
Barista (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 May 2017
Working at starbucks was alright

i loved experimenting with drinks and designing my own however we seemed to be shorted staff. SB have all these rules and yet pays little. fix that please
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short staffed
Good place to work.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB11 May 2017
I learned how to multitask on a whole different level and to be patient and accommodating in the best way possible, Management was great. I enjoyed working there for over a year.
Fun place to work
Barista (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 May 2017
Great place to work, especially if you are just entering the work force. Hours worked well for me. I looked forward the each day being different and meeting new people.
Pros
Fun
Cons
slack management
Partners are taken care of.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB, Toronto, ON10 May 2017
One needs to be versatile in order to keep up with the busy and ever-changing duties that color the life of a Starbucks Barista. I used the cash machine, handcrafted personalized beverages, cleaned the store, and aided the clientele in their Starbucks experience. As a barista, I also found it necessary to keep my knowledge of the new product up-to-date. The best thing about Starbucks is the ability to individually care for people, The quality of the job really depends on the quality of the manager. I have worked at amazing Starabucks, and really crummy Starbucks But this is true for all jobs. Starbucks is, on the whole, a great company to work for.
Pros
Great work environment, fun place
Cons
Ones life becomes revolved around starbucks-- it is difficult to separate work and private life.
Super
Bari (Former Employee) –  Longueuil, QC9 May 2017
Belle expérience
Belle dynamique
cadre agréable
collègue gentil
Great Team
Barista (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2017
Great co-workers, with great team work, it was a fun environment working with them and serving the customers, making handcraft drinks were fun and people were pleasant
Pros
Great Work Environment
Cons
Fruit flies from bananas
Rewarding with opportunity for progression.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 May 2017
Starbucks offers training of all their beverages through online and hands on training. Clear and instructive!

Clear path for progression if desired with helpful and present management. Otherwise you are free to remain in your current position.

Flexible work schedule as well as ability to work across different stores.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Basic salary.
Stimulating and engaging workplace with amazing collegues
Barista (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC8 May 2017
I enjoyed my time working as a Barista at Starbucks for many reasons, most notably because of my colleagues as well as the customers. The work was very interesting and stimulating, with a wide diversity of tasks.
Pros
Discounts on coffee
Cons
Salary
Great
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC8 May 2017
It's a great place to work. If you are looking for part time or full time jobs you can always find a flexible schedule that meets your work - life balance.
Good environment structured policy
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 May 2017
I do love working for Starbucks. I think that they should hire more from within with inters. As I am taking Public Relations I really would love the opportunity to 'help a company and stay within the same company but have not seen it yet.
Fun productive company to work for .. Great staff
Starbucks Barista (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC4 May 2017
Starbucks is good company to work for .. Excellent benefits.. Friendly and inviting atmosphere.. Very productive treats their customers as if they were family
Pros
30% discount for employees .. A pound of coffee or a box of tea for your weekly mark out ..
Cons
raises are not enough incentive
Wonderful place to work
Part-time Barista (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 May 2017
I absolutely loved working at starbucks. i think it's a great company to work for, and my co-workers really helped me settle in to my new job. It's a ha
Great Company, Average In Store Management
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 May 2017
The overall workplace culture is amazing. The Starbucks community is very welcoming and friendly, it is a great company to work for.

The hardest part of the job is interacting with impolite customers, but if you can learn to move past this and realize everyone has bad days, this adversity will quickly disappear. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with hundreds of different types of people each day and making genuine connections with every person you serve.
Pros
30% off everything (food, drink, merch); free beverages while working
Cons
Long hours standing, impractical expectations
Steady workplace
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 May 2017
It's definitely fast moving and demanding at times. However, you make great friends and meet a lot of new people. It gives you a fresh perspective on not only people, but on coffee as well.
Pros
Free drinks when working.
Cons
May not get the hours wanted.
This job was great, fast paced, but welcoming!
Barista (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC3 May 2017
I loved this job! The girls I worked with were amazing and so were the customers. The job was fast paced and always kept me on my feet! There ways always something to do (cleaning, making coffee, or interacting with a customer) I would love to get into a job that would bring these qualities back into my life.
Pros
Free bag of coffee every week !
Cons
Very late hours (11-12 at night)
Very Fun place to work
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chestermere, AB3 May 2017
I've worked for Starbucks for 4.5 years now, it's been an outstanding experience. I've met so many lifelong friends, the benefits are amazing, very flexible schedule. Overall I've really enjoyed working for this company.
Pros
Weekly markouts. Ex) free box of tea or pound of coffee
Barista
Barista (Former Employee) –  White Rock, BC3 May 2017
The customers that I would see everyday were such nice people. I got to know them very well and enjoyed our interactions. Learning to make Lattes and Cappuccinos was fun.
Fun, fast paced, great staff and management
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC3 May 2017
A typical day of work here was fast paced, but fun. Always having something to do always brought energy and life to a day of work here. The staff were always friendly and helpful and the workplace was very lively and fun. A lot of customer interaction was also present.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2