Starbucks Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Great work environment
Barista (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 September 2017
Starbucks is the pecfect job when it comes concil school and part time job. Great work ethic and great coworkers.
Fun work place interesting people
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2017
Free Coffee
Fun People to work with
Timings can be hectic if you don't get a good Manager
May have to clean bathrooms
LEarn cool coffee art skills
No experience required
competitive salary
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
timings (open/close shift)
Close-Knit and Fast-Paced
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC20 September 2017
Starbucks has been a joy to work for. I have met many friends that I know that I will be friends with for a long time. I have learned strengths about myself that I was unaware of before and I have even been able to work on my weaknesses. I enjoy making peoples' day, simply by giving them perfect foam on their latte. And I love learning about how to drive sales and push our partners to be the best they can be.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Stressful
Demand a lot from their employees
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 September 2017
Although the benefits and freebies you get with working for Starbucks are great, it comes with a cost. Constant pressure to make sales on the employees to the point of harassment, walking into a stressful environment, and not finding any replacements for very sick baristas, forcing them to come to work sick and serve customers.
Pros
Free coffee, benefits, free markout at the end of the week
Cons
Take advantage of their employees
Productive,Fun,Time manage meant skills improved team work,social skills improved team work skills gotten better
Barista and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2017
A typical day at Starbucks was very slow during the hours of twelve to three would when we hit our peek of the day and during closing is when things start to settle back down and we drop the pike and and have the blond and dark out.I have learned how to set up the displays case and how to take it down and how things work on the computers and learn new programs . Learning the codes of the drinks and flavors the codes for all the flavors was hard to pick up but once I gotten used to righting the names of the drinks it started getting easy to find them on the screen and on the computers.My manger's were very hard on us but my boss was even harder but still had a soft side.At our location we were very mutuality culture place all the my crew members got along we all worked a a fast paced and work as a team we new each other witch made it easy to work together.The hardest part of the day was closing having to Wash everything clean the walls and floors and bring out the new items and get rid of the old and wash the mates and brew more cold brew refill empty items. and cover the syrups due to the fruit fly's.The most enjoyable part of the day was my break when I walked around down town and drink drinks and eat lunch.
Friendly energetic workplace
Barista (Former Employee) –  Guildford, BC19 September 2017
I really enjoyed the couple weeks i worked at Starbucks. It wasn't an official job with a regural salary since it was only 4 weeks of work experience that was part of the Baristas training program but I still felt like I was part of the team. The hardest part was at the beginning since there's a lot of things to memorize but it's easy as time passes by and I got used to it fast. All my partners and my manager were very nice, welcoming and helpful; and made my experience there very enjoyable. The benefits there are also great. I especially enjoyed the 3 free drinks I was allowed to have everyday.
Great work environment...mostly
Barista (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON19 September 2017
All was good, save difficulties with certain managers who have a "do what i say, not what i do attitude", which is very discouraging. They do offer some great benefits, it's more of personal differences.
fast pace and fun work experince
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB19 September 2017
Working with Starbucks kept me on my toes. The team I was working with was friendly, helping each other out was apart of our daily ritual. I learned how to create traditional American coffees, which varied from European coffee recipes. It was a fulfilling work experience in both mental and social experience.
Pros
Spending time with the regular clientel.
Cons
Not enough workers to cover shift and responisblities.
Good crew
Barista (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC18 September 2017
A normal day is making coffee for customers and serving them any food on the menu. Talking with customers about their day and getting to know them.

Benefits at starbucks are fantastics.
Pros
benefits and flexibility of hours
Cons
can get very busy during peak periods
fast-paced place to work
Barista (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 September 2017
working at starbucks was very hands on and fast paced but very interactive. creating specialty coffee is a craft and makes you feel satisfied with your work.
Loved it
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON18 September 2017
Was one of the best jobs I have had. I met life long friends that i will stay connected with the culture and the people are second to none. The work isn't easy but work never is The people and the culture make it all worth it!
Productive and fun work place
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 September 2017
Productive and fun work place , great customer service, I really enjoy working and feel like I do change in my neighborhood that makes every customer happy by giving the perfect cup of coffee.
fast paced
General Manager - Barista (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON15 September 2017
Very corporate feel. All stores are very consistent, working in a few of them through training & meetings was definitely well organized. Expectations of sales of team were set a little high & would effect team morale at some point and upset customers at points because some of their standard targets are unrealistic for management to hit. Training program was intensive & great someone could do the online training & easily start right away with a good idea of their job.

District management is very hard to please. Store managers were fantastic everyone joined together as a team to help each other to accomplish goals.
Pros
great consistency
Cons
unrealistic goals
Environnement de travai
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC13 September 2017
Le travail d'équipe toujours une priorité pour l'entreprise.
Pros
Toujours plein de Rabais
Cons
Très achalande
very fast pace work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON13 September 2017
Typical day at work was quite hectic as the airport is always busy. I have learned to work under stress and be fast and effective. Management was good, always helpful. Workplace culture was quite diverse, which is very nice. Hardest part of the job was to start work at 4:00 am in the morning.. and if i had to do the closing shifts then there was no specific time to close the store due to flight delays. Our store had to stay open during delays. Most enjoyable part of the job was to try new Starbucks beverages and sharing the experience with customers when they asked me which beverage they should buy!
Pros
discounts
Cons
difficult shift timings
Fun, fulfilling place to work at
Barista (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 September 2017
Fairly easy job, can get very busy during periods of high volume, but having a great team helps.

I learned a lot about coffee and how to make espresso based drinks. A typical day involves taking orders, making drinks, cleaning and restocking supplies. Hardest part of the job is standing on your feet for hours at a time. Management and workplace culture are great and friendly.

Most enjoyable part of the job is having fun while working, and the benefits are great as well.
Working at Starbucks
Shift Supervisor/Barista (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 September 2017
Starbucks felt like a regular corporate fast food gig. There was a lot of management in different tiers to create a environment of repeatable experience for customers. There was no individuality or creativity. However, for a basic job it did come with okay benefits if you opted into them. The pay was dismal but it was pretty basic work. If you worked hard there were plenty of opportunities for advancement. With all jobs like this, you aren't getting satisfaction with your work so it is important to like your coworkers. Otherwise, it'll be pretty mind numbing.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
No creativity or individuality
Very fun and nurturing environment.
Starbucks trainer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 September 2017
What i love about working at starbucks is the fact that it is part of our job to connect to people, talking to them asking them how they are. It is just so rewarding to work in a place where you can start friendships that will last a lifetime from total strangers.
Pros
Free drinks while working, mark-outs every week
poor
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC8 September 2017
Management wasnt the best
People were great to work with
The customers we deal with were very rude and particular on what they want
It is a very tiring job
High volume workplace with excellent job security
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 September 2017
Dependent on location - can be extremely busy during peak hours.
Great health benefits if working over 20 hours (includes 1 free coffee/tea markout per week).
High turnover rate.
Inconsistent hours, very dependent on the performance of the store.
Benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.