Starbucks Employee Reviews

Found 1,106 reviews matching the search
Coworkers basically a family to me
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK29 April 2017
Management was unreliable and stretched thin, too much pressure on lowest level employees who had no power over how their job was run. Stores were cramped and packed too tightly, no room to relax and have time off. Schedule was always made in advance and then changed sporadically with minimal warning. Employees expected to adapt to the constant changing needs of the job and let their lives be secondary.
Pros
Free drink on shift, free pound of coffee or pack of tea per week
Cons
Unreasonably demanding, poorly managed, unrealistic expectations of youth
Fun and energetic place to work
Barista (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB29 April 2017
Fun and energetic place to work. Friendly staff and customers. Flexible hours. Learning a new and interesting way of making beverages. Room for advancement.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
organized, employee-customer orientated, starbucks coffee culture
Supervisor responsibilities (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 April 2017
if you ever been into a Starbucks, you will always find something different. friendly employees, great coffee and food products. hardest part would be leaving
A bit stressful but keeps you on your toes
Barista (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 April 2017
The company itself is decent overall. What really makes or breaks the job is management. If you have a good manager it can make the job really great, if not, scheduling and the shifts themselves can be a nightmare.
Pros
free coffee, free drinks
Cons
short shifts
Descent Job
Barista (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON26 April 2017
-Great starting job
-Friendly work environment
-Dealing with toxic customers can get to you over time
-Learn from your mistakes; stay calm
-Great place to develop skills applicable later on
Pros
good benefits, discounts, co-wokers
Cons
Don't let the job description fool you, Very stressful at times especially at drive-thru locations; customers can be a pain, but the nice ones stand out.
Working through stressful environment while pleasing customers.
Barista (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB26 April 2017
I have learned through this job to mange time in a stressful environment as well as keeping customers happy. I like to work as hard as I can and the hours given to me.
Face paced and productive work place.
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC25 April 2017
Starbucks taught me the tasks of multi tasking and fast paced work environment. It was a great team oriented environment. They offered an amazing training one on one. I would say my enjoyable part of the job is the connections you make with your partners as well as customers.
Workplace Culture
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON25 April 2017
Working at Starbucks was some of the funnest days i've ever had. The partners really become family and everyone starts to care for each others well being. Its easy to walk in to work in a sad mood and within minutes a partner would have you smile and laughing in no time.
Pros
discounts, free drinks, benefits, raises, coworkers
Cons
long hours, fast paced
Fun workplace and great experience
Canadas wonderland (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON25 April 2017
My experience working at Starbucks was very good. I learned great customer service skills and worked with some very nice people. I work at the Canada's Wonderland location which made it even more fun because it was a fun environment all around me.
Company Operated Worker
Barista and Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 April 2017
A license starbucks and a company operated starbucks are pretty much two completely different stores. License stores get the discounts and benefits of starbucks, but a company operated starbucks gets only what the confidential company offers.
Pros
Fun coworkers
Cons
Following the conflicting standards of two companies
Do not work in Airport Starbucks
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS24 April 2017
Any other Starbucks would be fine, but the airport ones have twice the demand for beverages and time restraints. No perks to working in an airport at all. Highly would recommend never working in one!
global recognized brand
Classroom Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 April 2017
fortune 500 company has multiple stores all over the world. Canadian East head office is located in toronto while having other one in Vancouver. GTA has a great amount of them.
Good
Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 April 2017
Starbucks is an amazing company to work for. What the stand for and what they do for the people in the community is amazing love being part of this. They really live by there mission stament.
Lively food and beverage job
Barista (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 April 2017
Starbucks was a good introduction to the intense coffee culture around the world. I changed locations half way through my Starbucks career in hopes of getting more hours at work. Each location I had an amazing team to work with (which is really important) and a solid management team to back me up.
fun place to work! very fast paced
Barista (Current Employee) –  Bc23 April 2017
I enjoy my job and do love coming to work, however can get very stressful within the fast paced environments especially during rushes. Depends where you work, management varies from store to store but i have been lucky to love mine. overall amazing benefits, fun work environment.
Great environment and health benefits
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON22 April 2017
Great work environment, great health benefits. Physically demanding, on your feet, ect, pay is not the best but the health benefits make up for it. Flexible hours to school or other commitments.
Fun and Productive Workplace
Barista (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 April 2017
A typical day at Starbucks is a day filled with fun. The people are great and so are the customers. Working at Starbucks I learned many skills, such as, time management, leadership, working with others and problem solving. The management at Starbucks is great, management is always willing to help you out and teach you new skills. The culture of the workplace is one of community. Working alongside other employees and interacting with customers feels like we are all one big community. The hardest part of the job is getting enough time to converse with your regular customers, there are so many, and they are all great. The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely interacting with customers.
Pros
Free partner beverages
Cons
Great part-time job while in school
Barista (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC21 April 2017
Starbucks is a great and fun place to work for the time being, and it has been an awesome learning experience for me. I love meeting new people and getting to know all of our regular customers.
Pros
Discount, connections with customers
Cons
Short staff
Fun workplace but has a few cons
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 April 2017
Starbucks was fun to work at and had great coworkers. Requires a decent manager and supervisors or else your experience there will be less than satisfactory. I was able to improve my communication skills and develop my skills thanks to my first manager at the store. However, the manager that took over refused to do his job properly. Lots of responsibilities and problems were left to the supervisors due to his laziness. Store was a constant mess due to the manager refusing to clean/do his part/

Pros:
Great coworkers
Fun place to work and meet new people
Everyone is friendly

Cons:
Management can either be great or awful. No in between
Store cleanliness can be a problem
Unstable hours
Great company, great benefits
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 April 2017
It is a lot to work for Starbucks. The company and it's ideals and culture are phenomenal, but it is still in the food service, and all that entails. Applicants are not always looking for a career, just for a "fun job" that can make it a difficult place to manage.
Pros
free drinks, discounts
Cons
food service industry

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2